Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the link:

"The social worker who visited Sherin Mathew's family for follow-ups records that 'eating has become more and more challenging for the family'. 'She likes to eat food outside but not at home'."

Could the garage be an "outside" place that Sherin preferred to eat?? IDK.

jmopinion

I think when that says 'outside' it means places like school/nursery, church gatherings, restaurants, not the garage adjoining the home. Otherwise it would say 'outside the home but not inside the home', and I would still tend to interpret that as meaning out in the garden in the fresh air as opposed to inside.

I think when that says 'outside' it means places like school/nursery, church gatherings, restaurants, not the garage adjoining the home. Otherwise it would say 'outside the home but not inside the home', and I would still tend to interpret that as meaning out in the garden in the fresh air as opposed to inside.
My thought was fast food not home cooked. Most kids love chicken nuggets and fries, from McDonalds of course!! And don't forget that toy!

From the link:

"The social worker who visited Sherin Mathew's family for follow-ups records that 'eating has become more and more challenging for the family'. 'She likes to eat food outside but not at home'."

Could the garage be an "outside" place that Sherin preferred to eat?? IDK.

jmopinion

Well that’s certainly interesting and enlightening new info. As I always say, “kids are weird,” so perhaps feeding her in the garage was actually an attempt to help her and work with her...? This case is certainly confusing. My one year old refuses to eat at the table or with clothes on, so he eats naked on the floor. My mother was mortified by how “cruel” that was of me (to let him eat how he wanted to at 11 months old) when she visited.

Well that’s certainly interesting and enlightening new info. As I always say, “kids are weird,” so perhaps feeding her in the garage was actually an attempt to help her and work with her...? This case is certainly confusing. My one year old refuses to eat at the table or with clothes on, so he eats naked on the floor. My mother was mortified by how “cruel” that was of me (to let him eat how he wanted to at 11 months old) when she visited.
That gives new meaning to the term "al fresco" :)

The social worker who visited Sherin Mathew's family for follow-ups records that "eating has become more and more challenging for the family". "She likes to eat food outside but not at home".
The fourth, and the last report before Sherin's death, notes, "We discussed several different strategies that may be helpful" and that "additional mealtime strategies are needed to break this cycle and avoid more serious long term eating concerns".
The social worker also recommended "webinars and other resource for feeding issues in adopted children that may be helpful in developing different strategies for Saraswati's (as she was known before her adoption) feeding concerns".
https://www.outlookindia.com/newssc...-adjusting-well-but-had-eating-issues/1175180

Perhaps articles like these, which talk about patience, letting children choose to eat, not forcing, etc....
https://www.adoptivefamilies.com/adoption-bonding-home/food-issues-adopted-children/
http://www.chop.edu/conditions-diseases/feeding-difficulties-adopted-and-foster-children

I found this one to be especially interesting (see quote below) https://blogs.psychcentral.com/weig...ome-feeding-problems-qa-with-dr-katja-rowell/
First there may be a challenge “from” the child, like reflux, cleft palate, a history of a drug or alcohol exposure, or any condition that leads to pain, discomfort or mechanical difficulties with eating.
Second is environmental factors: a child who is not attached to a care-taker won’t eat well, a child who has experienced abuse or neglect around feeding will be more challenging to feed. For example, an eighteen month-old who has only had a bottle with thickened liquids will be behind in her oral-motor skills.
Often, there is a combination of factors. Perhaps a child was punished by withholding food, or only was exposed to a limited range of foods and so has anxieties around eating. Stress, chaos, anxiety, poverty and food insecurity play a big role in shaping a child’s early relationship with food. These are occurrences that are simply more common in the more vulnerable population of children in foster care or who were adopted.
What this makes me think is that feeding issues can develop as a response to abuse, and feeding issues can lead to a cycle of control and punishment. JMO

This case brought back a 50-yo memory., from when we were vacationing at a northern resort.

My little sister was very young, months old. I was 8. My mom was feeding her a cereal slurry, as was common then. My sister sneezed, and suck the cereal mix back into her lungs.

My mother snatched her out of her carrier and ran screaming to a central area. There was a fire bell and she began clanging it wildly. Help came, and after a short hospitalization, lil sis was fine.

That's normal.

It's taken me about four days reading all the previous threads to get caught up so I could post anything, and I am full of things I've been thinking about and been unable to say.

One of these things is about a documentary I once saw about infant girl 'euthanization' in some parts of India. In some parts there still, fairly recently, was a preference for boys, especially if a family already had several girls, and this is related to the dowry discussion that took place a few threads ago.

Because they didn't have access to ultrasound for finding out the gender (and there was no culture of putting up a baby for adoption) some mothers would resort to this, what I'm calling 'euthanization' of a young girl baby, and the example they gave was of a woman feeding the infant peanut kernals as the baby would choke or asphyxiate on it.

I am curious what the autopsy results will show.

I am also wondering about the milk in the garage. I hope they will be going back to the house to check the floors and places for possible spitting up, to indicate where this took place if it did happen the way WM now says.

I feel like this story is still missing something out, like admitting to A (child gets up for milk) and C (dead child's body is put in the car and driven away) and that he's putting half of B into the C position in order to 'elide' the full story of what happened in the B position?

RSBM from tlcya's posted information
Sini Mathews, Sherin’s adoptive mother, continues to be under investigation, revealed Perlich, adding, however: “Until we have something to charge her with, we cannot arrest her.”

If this was actually quoted by LE wouldn't that make SM a suspect or at the least a POI if that is true? So far all we know is that LE want to speak with her further.

Sini Mathews, Sherin’s adoptive mother, continues to be under investigation, revealed Perlich, adding, however: “Until we have something to charge her with, we cannot arrest her.”

If this was actually quoted by LE wouldn't that make SM a suspect or at the least a POI if that is true? So far all we know is that LE want to speak with her further.

To me it sounds intentionally ambiguous.

[FONT=&amp]"The fourth, and the last report before Sherin's death, notes, "We discussed several different strategies that may be helpful" and that "additional mealtime strategies are needed to break this cycle and avoid more serious long term eating concerns".[/FONT][FONT=&amp]The social worker also recommended "webinars and other resource for feeding issues in adopted children that may be helpful in developing different strategies for Saraswati's (as she was known before her adoption) feeding concerns"."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Maybe one of these suggestions was to try and feed her where she wanted to eat, like perhaps Sherin always ate well in the car so they went and sat in the garage to eat? Perhaps the worker saying they needed to break this cycle included suggestions such as allowing her to have tantrums but not allowing her to get out of eating/drinking and because of these tantrums (which it sounds like she had the night she died), it was better for the household to bring her to the garage while everyone else slept? I am just speculating, but as a mama and as an extremely picky eater (I became very sensitive to textures, mixed flavors, spices and such starting around the age of 3. To this day I eat less variety NOW then I did as a 2 year old... but as a mama I can and have met some insane demands to make my kids eat... let them eat on the floor, let them eat during a bath...

So, IF for some reason Sherin wanted to eat in the car or the garage that night and WM told her no and it began a tantrum and he took her out to the garage, where he indicates she settled down and began drinking her milk, and then speculating that she was probably pushing it away and taking her time and he decided to hold it for her and she choked or aspirated, it really could be that he snapped in the middle of the night.

He was up at an ungodly hour, had to try and get extra food into her, may have been following the advice of the worker, took Sherin outside to the garage where she wanted to go, still was dealing with her fussing or taking to long and he just snapped....

Of course just my opinion and speculation, but as a parent I can see the scenario happening and this still not being premeditated right up until the point he decided NOT to wake Sini and use one of the 5 cell phones to call 911...[/FONT][FONT=&amp] [/FONT]

Geez, I wonder why she isn't in a hurry to sit down with them and help them find 'something to charge here with'?
Guilty or innocent, I'd decline that invitation too.

If I am in my garage.. I am at home. I may not be ‘in the house ‘ but I’m definitely at my home.

No way was the garage not considered home. At least by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my problem with this - it is an Indian media source and the bolded by you is not a quote from LE. I find it interesting that the news org DOES quote LE re other things but the bolded is a paraphrase from a reporter. IF we are going to say that LE calls her a POI or suspect I would prefer we "hear" it from LE not a reporter's paraphrase or at the very least have it be substantiated in the local or US MSM.

I will however ask Tricia and other admin to weigh in on your question.

If I am in my garage.. I am at home. I may not be ‘in the house ‘ but I’m definitely at my home.

No way was the garage not considered home. At least by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, it’s worded really strangely. Do they mean outside like in the yard, or outside the home, as in at McD’s or church? I have no idea. Kids are weird and people in general don’t communicate well. It was just a question I have now.

Does it happen often for someone to go to the police station and turn themselves in for something like this?

What would you surmise it might mean, what someone would be thinking, to go to the police rather than wait for the police to gather more evidence and come for them?

Here's my problem with this - it is an Indian media source and the bolded by you is not a quote from LE. I find it interesting that the news org DOES quote LE re other things but the bolded is a paraphrase from a reporter. IF we are going to say that LE calls her a POI or suspect I would prefer we "hear" it from LE not a reporter's paraphrase or at the very least have it be substantiated in the local or US MSM.

I will however ask Tricia and other admin to weigh in on your question.

Thankyou tlcya, i thought it must of been something LE stated to the India media source, but that isn't the case then.

Does it happen often for someone to go to the police station and turn themselves in for something like this?

What would you surmise it might mean, what someone would be thinking, to go to the police rather than wait for the police to gather more evidence and come for them?
If he's looking out for Sini it makes sense to get the trouble away from her.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Regarding the India news reports seemingly having more information than we've been given, it may be possible that the officer told Indian authorities more about their investigations and they passed that information on to Indian reporters. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding of what information was being given to the public about the investigations. I wonder if Maria Guerrero is aware of the Indian news article, so that she could ask Richardson PD about the validity of it.

PERHAPS the police are giving the Indian news to pass on to WM Family in India and wifes family to embarass them and get them to talk. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member