Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if they take turns getting up with the kids? Back when my children were young, I was a SAHM, husband slept through everything.

Later, after they were gone, husband's snoring got louder and louder. I started sleeping with earplugs or I wouldn't have slept at all. I even wore them when the grandkids were here.

Maybe they rotate who gets a good night's sleep on any given night? Just a thought. That could be why she wouldn't hear all this commotion.

Nurses seem to run in my family and IME many of them, esp ones who work long shifts or shift work, often take a sleep aid. Not the healthiest of habits, but it does seem to be a trend among nurses that I am both related to, and ones that I just know... I read someone comment on FB that SM was a nurse in the NICU when their child was there and while I know we can't confirm that as anything more than speculation, IF she was working such an incredibly intense shift with such extremely fragile patients, she and WM may have had some sort of arrangement where he got up with the kids as he didn't need to be 100% alert every single day and in her case peoples lives literally depend on whether or not she has brain fog...so perhaps a sleep aid, or ear plugs or maybe this was a schedule that have had for the past year where he has always got up with Sherin, she may have bonded with him the quickest and easiest because she understood what he was saying so it made sense for him to wake up and it jst stuck. If the routine was always that dad got up, eventually, mom wouldn't hear it, it would be no different than getting used to trains going by, or living in an area with a lot of traffic and adjusting etc... Unless she heard something completely abnormal it's unlikely that she would have roused if a noisy night feeding was routine...

As for the car, they had three cars, I keep seeing people saying that she should have heard the garage door open and the car pull out etc, but if I recall the video of the cars being taken, the Acura was backed into the driveway while the other two vehicles were parked inside of the garage. Would she have heard a car start that was nearly on the street? I wouldn't think so... and I definitely don't think she would have noticed or roused enough if she had taken a sleep aid of any type, even if it was a supplement like melatonin, or if she had ear plugs in.

I am a natural night owl, I live with family that is natural morning people. I have two teenagers here who are often awake before me. I hear them if they say "mommy" but I don't hear them otherwise. My dad gets up for work everyday at around 4-5am and I only ever hear him if I am just starting to fall asleep, if I am already asleep I hear nothing despite the fact that my room is below the kitchen. My mom also runs the dishwasher every day before she goes to work and it happens to be almost exactly above my bed, it is an older model and therefore loud, but I don't hear it unless I am already waking up. Again, if someone says my name or "mommy" I do hear that, and I also hear the dogs etc, but the every day predictable sounds are completely unnoticed which makes me think if Sini was asleep that it was likely because it was the routine... JMO and IME

I understand Sink is under no obligation to answer any more questions but a lot has changed since she last gave interviews with LE. For example, WM said he put her near tree so questions would have been asked/answered regarding that, like does he normally punish sherin that way. In WM first story the garage wouldn't have needed to be mentions at all. I think LE would like to know for instance, has WM ever fed sherin in the garage before, or has he ever "physically assisted her drinking before.
There are lots of questions that may have not been answered last time because WM has a different tale to tell.
Me has a parent would want them answers too if I didn't already know them.

Are there any cases where one person admitted guilt and took the punishment in order to protect another guilty party? I keep seeing this thrown out as a theory, but in my limited knowledge I have never heard of someone actually going to prison to protect someone else? Outside of maybe gang-related things.
Just to note, I am not supportive of this theory, and think that WM will be found guilty guilty guilty for the murder of his daughter. Just curios about the precedent for people "taking the heat" for a crime they didn't commit, or sheltering an accomplice.

I don’t think he is the only one guilty. But he’s definitely a huge part of what happened. I believe there is ALOT more to this “story “ and he is not telling the truth.

So, he is willing to take all of the blame so another party takes none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only that but lawyers don't type their own letters. It would have been his secretary.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Bugged me that people were picking at this because my spellcheck says its wrong every single time I type Sherin, on any of my devices... it is super easy to not correct a word that appears "wrong" multiple times...

Bugged me that people were picking at this because my spellcheck says its wrong every single time I type Sherin, on any of my devices... it is super easy to not correct a word that appears "wrong" multiple times...

I so know that feeling, when I've missed something like that. However, a high paid, high power attorney, in this case which is receiving incredible scrutiny.... not good form. If there job is to rehabilitate the mother's perception in the public eye, they missed the mark with a small error like that. IMO.

So does the name Sini obviously from bleuboys posts. LOL

Would that indicate the tox report is going to prove very important?

I think it indicates that there is no sign of sexual or other physical abuse, that would have been consistent with her death... but it could also mean they are not going to release a preliminary report and will only release the COD once ALL testing including tox, DNA, fibres etc are all back. Not long ago I saw someone going over an autopsy, perhaps it was Elisa Lam's, and it had one thing checked off and then that was scratched out and initialed and another thing was checked. I don't think in this case that they can afford to do that... the defense would LOVE a preliminary report saying COD is "undetermined" or "accidental" even if it is changed in 4-6 weeks to "Homicide". It's a lot easier to convince a jury of reasonable doubt when it appears as though even the medical examiner had doubts...

This case brought back a 50-yo memory., from when we were vacationing at a northern resort.

My little sister was very young, months old. I was 8. My mom was feeding her a cereal slurry, as was common then. My sister sneezed, and suck the cereal mix back into her lungs.

My mother snatched her out of her carrier and ran screaming to a central area. There was a fire bell and she began clanging it wildly. Help came, and after a short hospitalization, lil sis was fine.

That's normal.

Well, exactly. If you are feeding your child, and child starts chocking, normal person would call 911 and ask for help from people nearby if they don't know themselves what to do. Especially considering his wife is a nurse. Not get rid of the body. I don't buy his story one bit.

Just finished watching local NBCDFW5 at 5pm. They are reporting that medical examiner says it could be several more week before a COD is determined. I absolutely do NOT understand why it takes so long.

I am not very optimistic they will be able to figure it out because it has been a while between death and recovery of the body.

This just occurred to me. I wonder if WM thought that by coming up with the story about Sherin disappearing while outside, he actually thought LE would not have to search inside the house for evidence.

A much better story in terms of not implicating himself would have been to say she wandered out of the house that night or even that they suspected she was taken from the house in the night. Why else come up with that outdoor story that made him look like a monster?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I so know that feeling, when I've missed something like that. However, a high paid, high power attorney, in this case which is receiving incredible scrutiny.... not good form. If there job is to rehabilitate the mother's perception in the public eye, they missed the mark with a small error like that. IMO.
Exactly. This memo was going out to the media and would be seen by thousands of people. It made it look like it just wasn't important enough to bother to proofread.

This just occurred to me. I wonder if WM thought that by coming up with the story about Sherin disappearing while outside, he actually thought LE would not have to search inside the house for evidence.

A much better story in terms of not implicating himself would have been to say she wandered out of the house that night or even that they suspected she was taken from the house in the night. Why else come up with that outdoor story that made him look like a monster?

good thought.

Well, exactly. If you are feeding your child, and child starts chocking, normal person would call 911 and ask for help from people nearby if they don't know themselves what to do. Especially considering his wife is a nurse. Not get rid of the body. I don't buy his story one bit.

This is actually something that bugs me a lot, why call 911 at all?? It would have been soooo easy to have told the church that Sherin was with family out of town and that it was fairly last minute. It would have been easy to say to the daycare "we decided that having her around family right now is better for her needs, especially since we are having trouble getting her to eat at home" and removed her from daycare/school as its NOT a legal requirement for a 3 year old to be in school... How long could they have gone before someone had reported her missing? Who knows, but I am sure nearly 20 days later we still wouldn't have seen an Amber Alert at this point... I know that's morbid, but it really would have been easier for them as a family to NOT call 911 and say she was with her grandparents or someone then to have come up with the first weird story... Which is why I am shocked that it was WM that called LE in the first place... HOWEVER, maybe when Sini woke up she panicked and she was going to call and in an attempt to control the situation and hopefully diffuse it WM decided calling 911 would be the best chance he had at getting away with it and then his conscious or the questions or both got to him... Clearly, JMO

perhaps because he was trying to use the truth to concoct a lie... I look at what was similar in the stories (drinking protein shake, not behaving/following directions, punishment, 15 minutes and she was gone (guessing it took 15 min for him to decide she was deceased). And I agree that he thought he had set it up perfectly, that LE would search outside, eventually find her body in that culvert and think it was coyotes since WM had planted that idea.
What he didn't expect was that his other daughter would be taken by CPS and that LE would not believe him at face value.

Nurses seem to run in my family and IME many of them, esp ones who work long shifts or shift work, often take a sleep aid. Not the healthiest of habits, but it does seem to be a trend among nurses that I am both related to, and ones that I just know... I read someone comment on FB that SM was a nurse in the NICU when their child was there and while I know we can't confirm that as anything more than speculation, IF she was working such an incredibly intense shift with such extremely fragile patients, she and WM may have had some sort of arrangement where he got up with the kids as he didn't need to be 100% alert every single day and in her case peoples lives literally depend on whether or not she has brain fog...so perhaps a sleep aid, or ear plugs or maybe this was a schedule that have had for the past year where he has always got up with Sherin, she may have bonded with him the quickest and easiest because she understood what he was saying so it made sense for him to wake up and it jst stuck. If the routine was always that dad got up, eventually, mom wouldn't hear it, it would be no different than getting used to trains going by, or living in an area with a lot of traffic and adjusting etc... Unless she heard something completely abnormal it's unlikely that she would have roused if a noisy night feeding was routine...

As for the car, they had three cars, I keep seeing people saying that she should have heard the garage door open and the car pull out etc, but if I recall the video of the cars being taken, the Acura was backed into the driveway while the other two vehicles were parked inside of the garage. Would she have heard a car start that was nearly on the street? I wouldn't think so... and I definitely don't think she would have noticed or roused enough if she had taken a sleep aid of any type, even if it was a supplement like melatonin, or if she had ear plugs in.

I am a natural night owl, I live with family that is natural morning people. I have two teenagers here who are often awake before me. I hear them if they say "mommy" but I don't hear them otherwise. My dad gets up for work everyday at around 4-5am and I only ever hear him if I am just starting to fall asleep, if I am already asleep I hear nothing despite the fact that my room is below the kitchen. My mom also runs the dishwasher every day before she goes to work and it happens to be almost exactly above my bed, it is an older model and therefore loud, but I don't hear it unless I am already waking up. Again, if someone says my name or "mommy" I do hear that, and I also hear the dogs etc, but the every day predictable sounds are completely unnoticed which makes me think if Sini was asleep that it was likely because it was the routine... JMO and IME

Is it safe for a nurse mom to take a sleeping aid when she has a four year old also in the home? Did she believe Dad was caring for both girls? If so, and if Dad knew she took sleeping aids, he leaves home at 4 AM to dispose of a body and leaves the four year old asleep in a home with a zonked out mom who doesn't awaken to noises. Not blaming mom, but wow, it makes him look even worse.

This is actually something that bugs me a lot, why call 911 at all?? It would have been soooo easy to have told the church that Sherin was with family out of town and that it was fairly last minute. It would have been easy to say to the daycare "we decided that having her around family right now is better for her needs, especially since we are having trouble getting her to eat at home" and removed her from daycare/school as its NOT a legal requirement for a 3 year old to be in school... How long could they have gone before someone had reported her missing? Who knows, but I am sure nearly 20 days later we still wouldn't have seen an Amber Alert at this point... I know that's morbid, but it really would have been easier for them as a family to NOT call 911 and say she was with her grandparents or someone then to have come up with the first weird story... Which is why I am shocked that it was WM that called LE in the first place... HOWEVER, maybe when Sini woke up she panicked and she was going to call and in an attempt to control the situation and hopefully diffuse it WM decided calling 911 would be the best chance he had at getting away with it and then his conscious or the questions or both got to him... Clearly, JMO

I agree that his calling 911 supports the mother's innocence. She wakes up, he gives his bullacious story, and she makes him call 911.

I just did a Google search on people going to police stations to voluntarily confess, and just from the first two pages of results it does seem that the majority are those who are feeling the weight of what they've done.

That doesn't mean there can't be any other reason, only that this seems to be the reason for the largest percentage.

But these cases appear to (mostly?) be ones where the police weren't onto the perpetrator, and the crimes they're admitting to can be ongoing for years and still ongoing, or they can be 10 or 15 year old crimes that they've decided they want to admit to. So in that sense they're not identical situations.

I would think that even if the guilt is weighing on someone, knowing that knock on the door will come in the next 48 hours that they might just take the time to get their affairs in order, enjoy their last few days of freedom as much as that can be enjoyed knowing what's coming next, and of course I think the majority would still be hoping against hope that the police can't make a solid case against them.

So I guess that either WM called the attorney and asked him to visit and accompany him to the police station, or during a visit with the attorney WM insisted he wanted to confess to the police and the attorney had no option other than to agree to accompany WM at a set time rather than waiting for the police to come out and risk that being at a time that was inconvenient to the attorney. I don't know exactly the rules for a situation where a client admits guilt to their attorney, but if someone did that, then the attorney should advise them to turn themselves in, shouldn't they?

I did think WM looked guilt-ridden (or something) the way he had his head down at the hearing over custody of the elder daughter.
While no one knows what really happened...I imagine if he is responsible for the death of his daughter...he probably does feel horrible about it. People snap. It's not an excuse. But it happens. It does not mean he feels good or proud about what he (allegedly) did. At least he turned himself in. That is more than what most people are willing to do.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Having their own bedroom does not rule out regular co-sleeping. All of my friends excitedly decorated rooms for their kids while pregnant and then half of them ended up co-sleeping anyway. I've learned the hard way not to mention my views on co-sleeping at a certain age, thinking I know the kid sleeps in his/her room simply because they have a bedroom.

This is sooooo true! One of my grandkids is five and still sleeps between his parents. Has a bedroom any five year old would love, but at night, right to the parent's bedroom he goes. Refuses to sleep alone. My kids never slept with us, and I was never allowed to co-sleep with my parents. I didn't realize how many people did co-sleep until just the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck_317