Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think stomach contents usually seem to be well-protected? So hopefully that will help to verify the last meal/drink aspect of WM's story. Broken bones would show up and any major trauma should be noticeable as either pre-, peri-, or post-mortem?

While no expert, the autopsy, despite the time passage, should reveal about everything needed to determine trauma vs. accidental death. MOO.

If the concerned Citizens of Richardson, who have adopted Sherin as their "daughter of Texas", believe that both parents played some role in her demise...then it is understandable that they wish to be the ones to bury the child.
To them, it would be a charade and an obscenity to turn her over to those culpable.

Opinion and speculation only

I completely understand this thinking from the emotional side. I would love to be able to fly in from Canada and attend her service and pay my respects to this Angel. BUT IMO what they are suggesting via this petition is that Sini is also guilty, and until she is arrested and found guilty, she is innocent, and at this point, we, the public, have nothing to suggest she is guilty other than speculation.

Sadly, many of the more heinous rumours involving Sherin are ones I first encountered when Father Thomas spoke them himself and projected them as "fact". So, I can't help but wonder how many people who aren't "sleuthing" or even following the case in the media somewhat closely, are taking what a Priest says as the truth. I was raised catholic and have had some sort of faith most of my life, but learned a long time ago that religious leaders are human too, but many people feel they are above the notion of lies etc and unfortunately, even if Father Thomas theories are correct, at the time he began to spread them, they were simply his own opinion and theory and not a fact he had gathered via msm or LE...

I really do hope that the community AND the people who knew her in real life are all able to come together and grieve and show her love the way all children deserve, without finger pointing, speculation or hate... at least for one day... <3

If the concerned Citizens of Richardson, who have adopted Sherin as their "daughter of Texas", believe that both parents played some role in her demise...then it is understandable that they wish to be the ones to bury the child.
To them, it would be a charade and an obscenity to turn her over to those culpable.

Opinion and speculation only

With respect, there are other family members other than WM & SM that would also have loved Sherin, who would also be next of kin, and at this point in time her mother has not been charged or arrested for her death.

This is what the actual petition states, so I feel that the above is very misleading as to what the actual intention is. IMO it seems like this new statement is almost a type of damage control or manipulation as it says if the family doesn't come forwards etc, but that's not what the petition itself says.

"[FONT=&quot]Sherin Mathews was born to Hindu parents in India and thereafter adopted by a Texas couple of Christian faith. Sherin went missing for days and after an exhaustive search, Sherin Mathews’ body was discovered in Richardson, Texas on October 22, 2017. To honor Sherin and to provide her with the respect and dignity she deserves, our community is requesting that we be allowed to hold Sherin Mathews’ memorial service in Texas in accordance with an interfaith memorial and burial.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In order to accomplish this, our community petitions and requests that the Indian consulate, Texas Child Protection Services, the Richardson Police Department and any other relevant governmental agencies work together to provide Sherin her last rites and allow us to celebrate Sherin’s life and provide her this last honor in her adoptive country.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Due to the circumstances surrounding Sherin’s death and allegations against her adoptive father, we propose that: (1) The body of Sherin Mathews not be released to Sherin’s adoptive parents (Mr. & Mrs. Wesley Mathew) and (2) As the voices of the community working along with relatives and/or next of kin for a public memorial service and (3) The honorable Reverend Dr. Thomas Abalavelil, a community leader and advocate, be allowed to conduct the Interfaith memorial service and burial along side other interfaith and community leaders."

[/FONT]
Also, the people they are petitioning is also something that concerns me. It seems like a very very strong and dare I say, aggressive attempt to get "custody" of Sherin's remains, IMO

attachment.php

I guess I can understand why a family would have a custody battle of sorts over remains, say the Mathews family over Sini's family esp if Sini didn't want WM's family to attend because of what happened (no clue what her plans are so thats just a hypothetical) but, its completely another thing to think you can waste the time and money of these major groups and petition the custody of the remains of a baby girl to people who never even met her!! I have no clue why this bothers me so much. I really do feel that the person who has created this cares about Sherin and wants the best for her, but I feel this is very extreme. I could see writing a letter with 5000 signatures on it to Sini saying "the public would really love to help you with your arrangements, and we would love it if you opened the doors to all of us who love and want justice for Sherin, we won't be there to hate etc" but that's not at all what is being said :( GRRR

I think there's a good intention here, but if they are so concerned, their efforts would be better spent trying to help children who are still alive and suffering abuse rather than inserting themselves into the situation with Sherin. She is at peace. Go help the kids who aren't.

I think the fact Sherin was out there in the elements for 2 weeks would make C.O.D. difficult to determine because soft tissue deteriorates very rapidly especially in such a young child. And depending on the climate at the time she was out there, if warm temps. in a matter of hours and in colder temps. in a matter of a couple of days.
Unless there were signs of blunt force trauma, (ie.) fractured skull or any other broken bones that caused death, i think maybe evidence of choking might not be there anymore by the time of recovery.
I remember in Caliyah McNabb's case C.O.D. was determined very quickly because of the blunt force trauma to the baby's head.

Ugh. And even then there have been cases where evidence like fractures could not be proven conclusively to be antemortem unless there was also evidence of healing, i.e. evidence of prior abuse, because of how the body was dumped. In Lonzie Barton's case even though the perp gave up the location he claimed Lonzie's death was an accident and ended up with a plea deal. At autopsy the ME found a fractured skull and ribs which could have occurred when he was dumped under a heavy pile of tires. Not that I believe it but my point is that when decomp is advanced it's hard to say what injuries were caused before or after death.

Ugh. And even then there have been cases where evidence like fractures could not be proven conclusively to be antemortem unless there was also evidence of healing, i.e. evidence of prior abuse, because of how the body was dumped. In Lonzie Barton's case even though the perp gave up the location he claimed Lonzie's death was an accident and ended up with a plea deal. At autopsy the ME found a fractured skull and ribs which could have occurred when he was dumped under a heavy pile of tires. Not that I believe it but my point is that when decomp is advanced it's hard to say what injuries were caused before or after death.
Exactly. Oh i remember poor little Lonzie, that case broke my heart, as have a lot of others. And agree, decomp. sets in very quickly for a body exposed to the outdoors, and C.O.D. can be difficult to determine in some cases.

I just started to follow this case, it's an infant and really graphic so big warning http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-death-Alta-Vista-30-Aug-2017-*Arrests*/page1

My reason for mentioning it though is reference, the baby was found decomposing in August in it's home and the parents were only now arrested based on the findings of the autopsy and the Forensic Entomologist (bug expert).

Does anyone here know if it normally takes this long for these types of things to be released and for arrests to occur or is that case the exception?

Obviously wondering as we know Sherin was outdoors and experienced a decomp in some intense weather. Just wondering how long it takes the Forensic Entomologist to come up with a report as the report for the case above seemed to base a lot of knowledge on the bug expert. From how long the baby had been in that spot to when he had his diaper changed last and so on. I think in Sherin's case that if the bug expert can say in one case if a child had been moved, that they would be able to say in her case as well if her body had been moved and such based on the Entomologists report if the normal ME can't tell based on the way the blood settled.

I stated earlier I really don't think she was moved, but I do think that evidence from experts to say yes or no will be important to the case and whether or not there are possible accomplices, as if WM's GPS didn't track him in that area it would mean someone else had moved her (if she was moved).

I really can't imagine waiting a couple of months for a full report :(

I can certainly see your point Margo/Mom. However, I am seeing this a bit differently. I see a group of Citizens who are standing up and saying that the abuse of a child in their town will not be tolerated, and that they will embrace children as a community, a village of people.

As tragic and sad as this situation is, Sherin has brought a community together to take a fervent stand against the abuse of children.

However, this is a moot point as her remains will go to next of kin...those that aren't incarcerated, of course.

If they are truly unified by a desire to protect, they could support their next
CPS levy. Or serve as foster parents or foster grand parents. Or work with organizations that support parents or combat corporal punishment. Their current action instead claims that those persons already working to protect children (and make difficult protective decisions) don't "care" like they do.

There are so many positive things they could do. How about starting a college tuition fund for the foster children in their community who "age out" of care at age18 and find themselves unprepared for life and without family? How about approaching CPS to see what the needs are in their community?

I just started to follow this case, it's an infant and really graphic so big warning http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-death-Alta-Vista-30-Aug-2017-*Arrests*/page1

My reason for mentioning it though is reference, the baby was found decomposing in August in it's home and the parents were only now arrested based on the findings of the autopsy and the Forensic Entomologist (bug expert).

Does anyone here know if it normally takes this long for these types of things to be released and for arrests to occur or is that case the exception?

Obviously wondering as we know Sherin was outdoors and experienced a decomp in some intense weather. Just wondering how long it takes the Forensic Entomologist to come up with a report as the report for the case above seemed to base a lot of knowledge on the bug expert. From how long the baby had been in that spot to when he had his diaper changed last and so on. I think in Sherin's case that if the bug expert can say in one case if a child had been moved, that they would be able to say in her case as well if her body had been moved and such based on the Entomologists report if the normal ME can't tell based on the way the blood settled.

I stated earlier I really don't think she was moved, but I do think that evidence from experts to say yes or no will be important to the case and whether or not there are possible accomplices, as if WM's GPS didn't track him in that area it would mean someone else had moved her (if she was moved).

I really can't imagine waiting a couple of months for a full report :(
Because the parents admitted to being on meth, they were probably waiting on tox reports to see if the baby had drugs in his system. Those tests can take quite awhile.

i'm waiting for the tox report to come back. it has been said she'd have no trouble eating when away from the house. only when home, is it possible something was being put in her milk say to help her sleep or calm her down? perhaps it was bitter and that's why she wouldn't like drinking it.

...he told police that he had been &#8220;trying to get the 3-year-old girl to drink her milk in the garage&#8221; but she wouldn't listen to him, according to his arrest affidavit.
At that point, Mathews said he &#8220;physically assisted&#8221; Sherin in drinking her milk and that the girl choked on the drink.&#8220;She was coughing and her breathing slowed. Eventually, Wesley Mathews no longer felt a pulse on the child and believed she had died,&#8221; the affidavit said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-india-wants-answers/?utm_term=.77ff2868186e

Is her condition not what they used to call Lazy Eye? My sister had that condition when she was 3 or 4 and the treatment was fairly simple. She had to wear an eye patch on her good eye to strengthen the other one I think. Was Sherin being treated for this?

Is her condition not what they used to call Lazy Eye? My sister had that condition when she was 3 or 4 and the treatment was fairly simple. She had to wear an eye patch on her good eye to strengthen the other one I think. Was Sherin being treated for this?

I have this. It depends how tired you are as to how&#8217;ve pronounced it looks. They can treat it surgically, preferably before you turn three.

I have this. It depends how tired you are as to how’ve pronounced it looks. They can treat it surgically, preferably before you turn three.
I did/do too, I was still being treated at 7! However this is a bit more extreme than I am used to seeing.
That looks more like strabissimus. My cousin has it.
Maybe it's the angle in the first pic, but it looks like something she developed, not something she was born with.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I did/do too, I was still being treated at 7! However this is a bit more extreme than I am used to seeing.
That looks more like strabissimus. My cousin has it.
Maybe it's the angle in the first pic, but it looks like something she developed, not something she was born with.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You might be right. My sister's condition was not quite as obvious.

Could it have been as simple as she didn&#8217;t like the type of food being prepared at home or the way it was prepared?

I am not an authority on Indian cuisine but most of what I have experienced has been very spicy and a lot of curry (which is not my favorite spice). When my oldest was little I was convinced that she did not like spaghetti. Then I found out when she went to a restaurant without me she ordered spaghetti. I was dumbfounded. I had always packer her a lunch for school when they had spaghetti again because she wouldn&#8217;t eat it at home. Then one morning she asked for lunch money and said I was packing her lunch because it was spaghetti day. She replied that she loved spaghetti she just didn&#8217;t like mine. When I asked why she said that I didn&#8217;t make it right. Mine wasn&#8217;t brown and it wall all lumpy. Brown spaghetti sauce? After that little pang of hurt feelings went away I began to giggle. You see I made spaghetti sauce from scratch with all the garlic, onions, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and spices. What she wanted was brown bland nearly meatless meat sauce. In the future I put some of my sauce in the food processor or blender for her and she began to enjoy my red sauce too. LOL Sometimes the most difficult problems have the simplest answers.

My youngest! Loved the school's, and day care's, sauce in a jar, and the neighbor's ketsghetti (which, no kidding, was pasta with ketchup on top), but not our homemade spaghetti. :shame: I finally did much the same as you only I just left out the lumpy ingredients, and put some sauce in a little pan to the side, and warmed it up in the microwave when we were ready to eat. This is the same child I had to make baby food for, before making baby food was "in" because store bought baby food was flatly refused. I made mashed potatoes and gravy every day, and added a baby-sized portion, of whatever meat we were having, and extra vegetable, and threw it all into a hand-me-down blender, It looked horrible, but the child LOVED it! Again, same child, but ffwd a couple decades, and will try nearly,any food, at least once.

I have a colleague with a 'cast eye' as we used to call it when I was a child. She never mentions it so I've never asked but I do notice that the severity varies a bit day to day. I assume tiredness and muscle fatigue play a part, like with a lazy eye. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strabismus

I have three adult bio children. All of which are very picky eaters. One may like fast food, another may prefer a sandwich.... no matter what they preferred, I always made sure that I cooked something that each of them liked. Myself, I only eat when I'm hungry... which is seldom.... and small portions. My youngest, she is tall and very thin, eats much more then her brothers. Can't gain weight. Just recently, we found out that she's a diabetic. (Breaks my heart) and probably has been since childhood. Even though she was 9 lbs 9 oz at birth, continued to gain weight, until she began toddling.... she had been "sick" all of her life. Literally.
I'm babbling.
Besides my three bio children, I've assisted in raising many more. Fostered many children. Most of them hoarded food. (This has nothing to do with this case, just my experience.) One time, my house smelled terrible! I searched and searched and searched for the "culprit", I began to think it was a dead rodent in the walls. After about 3 weeks, I found the "culprit". It was in the form of a HUGE bowl of ice cream, with soda in it, hidden behind my quilt rack. That memory actually makes me laugh, as that is the only place I hadn't looked. my youngest "foster" had done it. His punishment? Throw it in the trash! If you ever want food, no matter the time, tell someone! You don't have to hide it!

That said, he was well overweight, scared to death of water, cussed like a sailor, wanted to fight..... everyday.

He was with us for 3 years. He came to our home when he was 5, from an institution. Daily, one of us had to go to the school, because he was so destructive. I wore bruises, bled, cried, begged, prayed.... everything that you could think of..... because I KNEW his past.....I KNEW he deserved a better life!!!!! Eventually, he got over the fear, the behaviors became seldom, the hoarding stopped. Then we decided to bring his younger brother (11 months younger) into our home. That lasted all of 4 months. Younger brother decided he was running away. On Halloween, around 4 p.m.

Both boys were taken from our family. I'm not sure why I chose to share this story, except that it really took a huge toll on our lives.

Sorry for such a lengthy, off topic post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing your experiences. It sounds as if you are a good, and caring, mom and foster mom. I don't think the average person knows what it is like to be a foster parent, or a foster child.

I can only speculate what it is like, based on some of my in-law's experiences, and seeing some of the kids who've come through their home. They are foster parents, (and have adopted four of their foster children over the years, and have adult bio children) and the differences in the children, from the time they arrive, until they go back home, or to a relative's home, is amazing.

There's also couple who live nearby, who have adopted over 10 of their foster children, and have at least two bio children. All of the kids have either entered college, or the military, and you can tell they are so proud of all of them.

On the flip side, one of my kid's close friends, was placed into foster care in their early teens. She came forward and talked to someone about what her father had been doing. The abuse had gone on from such an early age that she didn't know it wasn't "normal" til she was around 12, and then didn't know what to do to make it stop. Her father was well known, and liked, in her community. Her childhood, and early teens, sounded hellish. Her mother bailed on the kids early in their childhood, then, her father goes to prison for being a <modsnip - term not allowd here>, and she and her siblings get split up, and sent to foster home, after foster home, after foster home. I wonder if she will ever have a somewhat normal life.

Whether either of them were abusing her, or not, the poor little child had a plethora of reasons to develop food issues.
She'd been abandoned, connected with the caregiver, then taken from her caregiver, adopted by new caregivers, new people around her, a new country, new home, new languages, new food and drinks, and even a new name. That's a lot for a little fella to take in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mistaken identity in Sherin Mathews case leads to social media harassment

eec27837a8393cf9c6a46ef7783d5eb4.jpg

Sherin Mathews story has connected with so many people. The 3-year-old was found dead in a culvert in Richardson. Her father, Wesley Mathews, admitted to removing the child's body and faces a felony injury to a child charge.
&#12288;
But Ash Mathew's connection to this tragic story is a little different. Ash is married to a woman by the name of Sini Mathew. That name closely resembles that of Sini Mathews, who happens to be Sherin's mom.

"When they posted the picture, that was the worst part," Ash said.

On Thursday a picture of Ash's family was posted and later circulated. Ash talked with WFAA to set the record straight.

He says the social media messages and friend requests to his wife have been non-stop. Ash showed WFAA one message in Spanish that came from Venezuela. His wife had to change her privacy settings and her name on social media.

"People were requesting friendship requests for her because they think it's her. We keep deleting them, but they keep coming," Ash said. The post showing his family's picture is what really concerned him.

On the "Where is Sherin Mathews?" Facebook page a warning was put out to not confuse these two families. The last name Mathew or Mathews are very common names in southern India.

~snip

More at link:
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/mist...se-leads-to-social-media-harassment/486730093

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member