Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Grave desecration??!!"

Wonder what kind of low-life would stoop so low as to threaten that?!
Grave desecration could be anything - like leaving milk bottles or other inappropriate things. I suppose I could also see some nut writing on it that she was murdered or something.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So very grateful to read that this precious child was laid to rest , with her adoptive mama , family and close friends just a short while ago.
I cannot imagine having to walk in Sinis shoes. Not one step. Praying that respect is shown thru out the remainder of this tragedy.

Terror attack in lower Manhattan. Man rented a Home Depot truck and drove to NY from Florida. Speed down a bike path injuring 15 and killing 6. Ran from his car yelling allau akbar. Shot by police and in hospital.

Personally, I feel like the stuffed animals will be nasty and most of the rest of it would creep me out. I don't know why anyone would want any of it. It's not the same kind of stuff that is sent to a funeral home and that family members take home.

And I also don't understand why Omair would have the right to sort and divide the stuff. This entire thing from these people is out of hand.

Yeah I feel that the stuffed animals and clothing and such that were left are trash, the cards and those things should be kept (if they have nice messages) and the family should be allowed to go through them and decide if they want any of those messages from the community...

Just me venting, but shouldn't the community who lives near the site get to decide if they want a permanent marker there? I understand the little crosses people maintain for car wreck deaths. But I do not understand permanently marking the spot where a murdered child is found. This seems gruesome and macabre to me. If they really want to do something thoughtful, plant a tree in the park with a nice memorial marker, or collect money for a donation in her name to a worthy children's organization. Mark her life with beauty, hope, love, not with a focus on memorializing what is essentially a ditch where dogs finally smelled her decomposing body. These people just don't think.

I think IF the community wants to do any sort of memorial, they should see if they can place a memorial bench in the cemetery, or see if the community has benches that are sponsored by memorials with a plaque on them in a public place. I feel like not only is putting a memorial up where her body was found is sort of degrading but also that the intersection/road looks to be busy and placing anything there would be fairly dangerous. Why not find out if they could put a memorial bench in a park she frequented, or donate to the school she attended in her name? Ugh, IMO it feels like they are trying to "punish" EVERYONE who knew her for not managing to keep her alive. I really hope thats not the case and its just my crazy emotions... JMO

Yeah I feel that the stuffed animals and clothing and such that were left are trash, the cards and those things should be kept (if they have nice messages) and the family should be allowed to go through them and decide if they want any of those messages from the community...

I understand that these items are useless to anyone and yes they should be gotten rid of but I think calling them trash is a little harsh. People bought these things to show that just because someone threw this child away, she won't be forgotten.

We have lost a little baby in my family and at Christmas and such we leave just one little stuffed animal on her grave. We know these things will never be useful to her anymore and we know that when we come back the next time, we will have to get rid of it due to elements but stuffed animals were something she liked and it's just our way of still being able to do something for her. I guess.. maybe we're stupid for that.

So very grateful to read that this precious child was laid to rest , with her adoptive mama , family and close friends just a short while ago.
I cannot imagine having to walk in Sinis shoes. Not one step. Praying that respect is shown thru out the remainder of this tragedy.

I agree with you. She lost her precious little adopted daughter, and her life will be different from here on out because her husband will probably never get out of prison so her family life with her two children is gone as well. And how must it feel to have had a husband who did that to your child? And for it to be known publicly?
And men like that don't get like that overnight. There must have been signs, and I would bet she is doubting herself for being married to a man like that. Imagine all your life being so public after such a horrid horrid thing.

Grave desecration could be anything - like leaving milk bottles or other inappropriate things. I suppose I could also see some nut writing on it that she was murdered or something.

I could see people leaving the hate fueled messages on the grave that they have left outside the house. There was a 3rd memorial erected right across from the Mathews garage with the motive that anyone coming or going would be forced to see it... I can't imagine being family or friends and going to my child's grave and seeing things calling me a murderer saying I should turn myself in and "cooperate" etc... but I do expect that is the fear...

IME when a child or young person like a teen passes away, the funerals tend to be HUGE, with everyone and their dog showing up. Their is often standing room only and people outside, and I live in a small town. Once you factor in the 1500 students alone, plus their families, teachers etc, it becomes massive, then you have the people who don't even know the family or the child who just want to go and it really is huge. So, based on my own experience with that type of turn out, I can see why in this case that privacy for the service as well as privacy at the burial site, is important.

JMO and experience...

I understand that these items are useless to anyone and yes they should be gotten rid of but I think calling them trash is a little harsh. People bought these things to show that just because someone threw this child away, she won't be forgotten.

We have lost a little baby in my family and at Christmas and such we leave just one little stuffed animal on her grave. We know these things will never be useful to her anymore and we know that when we come back the next time, we will have to get rid of it due to elements but stuffed animals were something she liked and it's just our way of still being able to do something for her. I guess.. maybe we're stupid for that.
I understood her to mean that they are trash now after being out in the elements, and especially near the culvert.

I understood what it could possibly mean.... My point was more that a cemetary/someone's burial place is definitely NOT an appropriate place to show anything other than love/respect.... No matter what your feelings about Wesley/ the family / what happened to poor Sherin may be.

*Your meaning whoever was threatening that*

You are NOT stupid for that!! It's sweet!!
I meant "trash" as in, they have been outside for nearly a month now, they have bugs, pesticides from the grass, mildew, molds etc and any number of other bacteria growing on them. MANY of the ones at the culvert were placed while there were still maggots on the ground that were alive and flies and the smell of decomp was very strong (from what I have heard), So I only mean "trash" as in they shouldn't be "donated". They should be properly disposed of. Many cemeteries will clean up flowers and toys and stuff as they show their age but they certainly don't go and donate it. If they wanted to move the things to Sherins grave and were allowed to do so (i don't think they could actually fit it all), that would IMO be acceptable, but once it gets "cleaned up" it isn't something that should be donated and bought and given to another child. If they want to make donations of toys this is the PERFECT time of year! They could have a toy drive in Sherins honor and donate those items.
So sorry for being a bit harsh about this. I don't mean to offend you, or anyone else, we all have traditions that often involve someone we love who is no longer with us.

You are NOT stupid for that!! It's sweet!!
I meant "trash" as in, they have been outside for nearly a month now, they have bugs, pesticides from the grass, mildew, molds etc and any number of other bacteria growing on them. MANY of the ones at the culvert were placed while there were still maggots on the ground that were alive and flies and the smell of decomp was very strong (from what I have heard), So I only mean "trash" as in they shouldn't be "donated". They should be properly disposed of. Many cemeteries will clean up flowers and toys and stuff as they show their age but they certainly don't go and donate it. If they wanted to move the things to Sherins grave and were allowed to do so (i don't think they could actually fit it all), that would IMO be acceptable, but once it gets "cleaned up" it isn't something that should be donated and bought and given to another child. If they want to make donations of toys this is the PERFECT time of year! They could have a toy drive in Sherins honor and donate those items.
So sorry for being a bit harsh about this. I don't mean to offend you, or anyone else, we all have traditions that often involve someone we love who is no longer with us.

Thank you, Marisa. I have to apologise as you know how things get when emotions run high. I also think if we were all in the same room talking face to face I wouldn’t have taken it the wrong way. Damn typing makes it hard for me to feel how things are being said. And in this case, I absolutely agree with you. These are not suitable and there are plenty of things that can be done in Sherin’s name.

Ill think of littke Sherin when we leave a stuffed toy rabbit for our little Carly. :heartbeat:

Is that really that common? I've just never known anyone who lived somewhere that the HOA took care of yard work except for condo situations. I'm sure this happens, but I still wonder how common it is.

My cousin doesn't live in a HOA, but where she lives, the city gets their panties in a bunch, if anyone's yard gets too fuzzy. They will send a guy out, with a yellow notice, on a stick, and stick it in your yard (for all to see), that reads that the city will be cutting your yard, if it's not cut by a certain date, and they'll be sending you a whopper of bill to you, for their services, too. My cousin does NOT want a notice stuck in her yard. lol I live out in the country and ended up bush hogging the back, when it rained for about 10 days in a row last summer. I'd never make it in a place with a HOA.:laughing:

While the lull of information is almost painful rather than argue the minutiae in the case I suggest an OT question. I would love to get answers from posters and lurkers alike. Ready?

on average, how many cases do you follow at a time?
Most followed at a time?

I regularly follow 4 to 6 at a time, but I have a running list of 25 to 30 less active ones that I check in on once or twice a month to see if there’s been progress. If the pace has picked up, I’ll move that case back into to daily* rotation.

*Daily? Who am I kidding? Thrice daily.

I think that from it being stated that it was only WM that talked to Sherin on the phone before her migration to America, people have been alluding to her adoptive mother SM perhaps not being too thrilled about receiving the little girl into her care, or even wanting to care for her as WM was perhaps her primary caregiver? In trying to paint a picture of why Sherin possibly came to such a tragic ending.

I happen to have the India Newspaper that had the article.

The child appeared totally normal except for the fact that her left eye was mildly smaller than the right, says Kumari.
Saraswati, shortly after she arrived in Nalanda, as per government procedure, was put up for adoption and her details circulated online. Her tiny defect made her eligible for international adoption. Children with even barely imperceptible disabilities, explains Kumari, are given wider possibilities for adoption so they are not "left on the shelf".This complex process finally threw up Sini and Wesley Mathew -- she a nurse and he a techie -- as possible candidates for parents.
The Mathews were looking to adopt a child as a sibling to their elder natural born daughter.
While the Mathews, who hailed from Kerala, could have adopted a child from their home state, the process doesn't work that way, points out Kumari, because adoptive parents have to choose from the pool of children available at any given time and that brought the Mathews all the way to this sleepy town in north Bihar.

Kumari remembers that Wesley was in touch with her first. Sini and Wesley came to see Saraswati in mid 2015. "The father and mother came to Nalanda to see Saraswati. Bahut acche the (They were very nice). They seemed like decent people."
"The mother could not speak Hindi and only spoke English, but the father communicated with me. They seemed like a good family."

After they left, and the adoption was still being finalised, Wesley would call and ask Kumari to put Saraswati on the phone so he could hear her charming baby talk.

Later in 2015 the Mathews took Saraswati to America, where the one year old began a new life as Sherin Mathew in Texas.

http://www.rediff.com/news/special/the-child-god-took-away/20171026.htm

I bet. I'd love for someone to do the mundane stuff so I could concentrate on gardening.

I honestly enjoy mowing (and raising a garden). Especially when it's nice out. :)

While the lull of information is almost painful rather than argue the minutiae in the case I suggest an OT question. I would love to get answers from posters and lurkers alike. Ready?

Most followed at a time?

I usually just follow one case at a time (thoroughly); maybe two if they overlap or both really catch my interest. The Missy Bevers murder and the Delphi murders were the two recent cases followed before this. I'll pop into more threads from time to time when recovering from injury (eg. currently, and also earlier this year).

Most followed at a time?

On average two, but check in on others. I came on board with the Rhodens last April and am still following them, and will for eternity, I guess.

The most I've followed is three and started a fourth. When I couldn't keep my posts straight, I decided to back off. I'm back to primarily two, but I do check in on a couple others.

I usually stay out of discussions here, everyone is much more knowledgeable about matters than I am and I enjoy reading everyone's take on matters, but I am going to weigh in on the culvert discussion. I live in Texas, very near Dallas now, but have lived all over the state. When a new subdivision goes in, the developer has to also design in an area of water retention, when I lived in Webster, it was a hugh deep ditch that ran the length of the subdivision and was maintained by the city. If you lived there, you paid a MUD tax because of it. In La Porte, it was a big square area, covering several acres, that held water almost all the time and was considered a wetland. If these things are on both sides of a road, the culverts connecting them are at ground level and are to equilize the water level in each pond. They have baffles made into them to trap debris and usually above these baffles are grates that can be removed to allow for clean out. In my experience, if it is an evaporation type area, it is very well maintained, mowed and trash removed on a regular basis because to not do so could cause all the homes in the subdivision to flood. Sewer and drains from within the subdivision do not drain into these things, only rainwater run off. If I am remembering correctly, the EPA has something to do with the installment requirements. I will do more research on it.

From what I have seen in the past, when it does rain enough to fill or partially fill these things, because the pipe is at the lowest level, as the water rises, the trash that can float does just that and when the rain stops the water soaks in or evaporates, leaving the once floating trash all around the sloped sides, where it is usually collected pretty quickly by whoever maintains the retention pond. They are also referred to as catch ponds.

Sorry for such a long post.
All of the above rambling is just my experience from what I have seen/observed in the past and all my own opinions.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members