Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The comments on the omair page over the burial spot being private I find disgusting. I must admit I don't know what to believe regarding sini being innocent but I would NEVER say she doesn't deserve to bury her daughter. Some of The community seem to think because they searched and prayed for sherin, it gives the a right to her body. If I was sini I wouldn't feel secure and at peace sitting at my daughters grave. I could just imagine them shouting abuse at her. They are just making themselves look like animals righting over meat. Even if it is proven 100% that sini is innocent she will never be left alone by some. Even if you think like that you should be mature enough not to act like that.

Just me venting, but shouldn't the community who lives near the site get to decide if they want a permanent marker there? I understand the little crosses people maintain for car wreck deaths. But I do not understand permanently marking the spot where a murdered child is found. This seems gruesome and macabre to me. If they really want to do something thoughtful, plant a tree in the park with a nice memorial marker, or collect money for a donation in her name to a worthy children's organization. Mark her life with beauty, hope, love, not with a focus on memorializing what is essentially a ditch where dogs finally smelled her decomposing body. These people just don't think.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well said.

I usually stay out of discussions here, everyone is much more knowledgeable about matters than I am and I enjoy reading everyone's take on matters, but I am going to weigh in on the culvert discussion. I live in Texas, very near Dallas now, but have lived all over the state. When a new subdivision goes in, the developer has to also design in an area of water retention, when I lived in Webster, it was a hugh deep ditch that ran the length of the subdivision and was maintained by the city. If you lived there, you paid a MUD tax because of it. In La Porte, it was a big square area, covering several acres, that held water almost all the time and was considered a wetland. If these things are on both sides of a road, the culverts connecting them are at ground level and are to equilize the water level in each pond. They have baffles made into them to trap debris and usually above these baffles are grates that can be removed to allow for clean out. In my experience, if it is an evaporation type area, it is very well maintained, mowed and trash removed on a regular basis because to not do so could cause all the homes in the subdivision to flood. Sewer and drains from within the subdivision do not drain into these things, only rainwater run off. If I am remembering correctly, the EPA has something to do with the installment requirements. I will do more research on it.

From what I have seen in the past, when it does rain enough to fill or partially fill these things, because the pipe is at the lowest level, as the water rises, the trash that can float does just that and when the rain stops the water soaks in or evaporates, leaving the once floating trash all around the sloped sides, where it is usually collected pretty quickly by whoever maintains the retention pond. They are also referred to as catch ponds.

Sorry for such a long post.
All of the above rambling is just my experience from what I have seen/observed in the past and all my own opinions.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

:welcome6: Please keep posting

I understand that these items are useless to anyone and yes they should be gotten rid of but I think calling them trash is a little harsh. People bought these things to show that just because someone threw this child away, she won't be forgotten.

We have lost a little baby in my family and at Christmas and such we leave just one little stuffed animal on her grave. We know these things will never be useful to her anymore and we know that when we come back the next time, we will have to get rid of it due to elements but stuffed animals were something she liked and it's just our way of still being able to do something for her. I guess.. maybe we're stupid for that.

I think that is sweet. I am sorry for your loss. What is beautiful, in your leaving your gift, is that it is personal. The culvert is not Sherin's resting place. The mother has not been charged as a suspect, let alone proven guilty of her child's murder, and it seems that folks, who are strangers to her entire family, have tried to take over her mourning process. That's personal. People sitting at that culvert with candles, toys, and petitions for her child's body, is just strange. It's not beautiful, like your gift. Just my view of the situation.

Did that neighborhood not have an HOA that handed "yard work".
Sure seems like it would!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No, that neighborhood has a standard HOA but here, that just means that they keep an eye out for major homeowner "infractions" like letting trash pile up, having the lawn really overgrown, or having junk cars out front, etc etc that kind of thing.
The neighborhood is Richland Meadows and the HOA is only $25 a year, so that definitely wouldn't cover lawn maintenance. I found this same cost info on multiple sites, but here is one link about the neighborhood.

https://www.neighborhoods.com/richland-meadows-richardson-tx

Also, I am trying to catch up on posts, so this next thing is not in response to the HOA, but I did want to mention that in regards to the doors in the garage: The one on the right would be the door leading to the interior of the house. I believe I saw the keypad for the security system beside that door. Typically in this area, that would lead from the garage into a pass-through laundry room, and then into the kitchen. The other door to the left of that one in the garage would more likely than not, be the place for the home's water heater. This neighborhood does have natural gas available to it, and I think their home was listed as having gas heating, so it most likely has a gas water heater as well. In Texas, this is often installed in the garage, and per code would be in an enclosed "closet" with only that in it. So that would be a small area, and not one that would also contain a freezer or extra refrigerator.

Just to clarify: All that is not based on any knowledge I have of their home in particular, but based on real estate info and building code info I've gleaned over time in this area.

[FONT=&amp]Sherin Mathews was buried in a private ceremony Tuesday, more than a week after her body was found in a culvert, according to her mother Sini Mathews' attorney, Mitchell Nolte
.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
1509144573-India-US-Toddler-Death.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Sherin Mathews [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp](Richardson Police Department) [/FONT]
[/FONT]
In a statement released on behalf of Sherin's family, Nolte said the 3-year-old's funeral took place at an undisclosed location "because of personal security concerns and threats of grave desecration."Despite a community petition asking for permission to perform a public interfaith burial, the ceremony was private, Nolte said, citing the "intense press and social media attention" the case has drawn.
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Her funeral was "conducted according to the religious beliefs and the cultural heritage of her family," the statement said.[/FONT]

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/news/2017/10/31/sherin-mathews-buried-private-undisclosed-funeral-threats-grave-
desecration

(For those having problems viewing the above link use google chrome incognito feature or Firefox and click the little Halloween mask on the left)

herin Mathews was laid to rest today in a small private ceremony, says mother's attorneys. Her resting spot is being kept private because of security concerns. NBC DFWDiana Zoga
Wesley Mathews was NOT present for Sherin's funeral. He has not left jail since Oct 25, says sheriff's office.
:jail:

https://m.facebook.com/MariaGuerrer...825449901/?type=3&source=57&ref=page_internal

Some wonderful comments added on from Maria include that her casket was covered in flowers ad stuffed animals, her 4 year old sister was not in attendance. Other media reported that Wesley was in attendance but are now retracting.:blushing:

What a relief to hear Sherin had a peaceful burial today with those who truly care about her present.

This group of people who have decided they will take over the items left at the memorial site and distribute them are crazy! Is that area public ground or belongs to the subdivision surrounding it?

Can LE step in and stop their madness? Are they planing on removing items that don't belong to them - the public left it for the Mathews family.

Hopefully LE will discuss with Sini how she wants to remove the memorial and Sini will tell them to take it to the land fill. Being a nurse first, she knows the filth on the items being out in the elements and the natural creatures around. Secondly, being a Mommy, who would want any of those gifts brought in your house to remind you why they were given.

Someone take pictures for Sini so if the day comes she can look at them to see how her community responded with love to Sherin's death. All the gifts are not just from this group of crazy people I am sure.

https://m.facebook.com/MariaGuerrer...825449901/?type=3&source=57&ref=page_internal

Some wonderful comments added on from Maria include that her casket was covered in flowers ad stuffed animals, her 4 year old sister was. In attendance. Other media reported that Wesley was in attendance but are now retracting.:blushing:

respectfully snipped by me

Reading further in the comments, it says that her sister was not there because she was in foster care.

(other comments are "interesting" if you know what I mean....)

While the lull of information is almost painful rather than argue the minutiae in the case I suggest an OT question. I would love to get answers from posters and lurkers alike. Ready?

on average, how many cases do you follow at a time?
Most followed at a time?

Hi Grouchymom! For me personally it depends on current cases. I mostly follow missing babies/toddlers/children and thankfully there aren't a whole lot of those even though sometimes when they come in clusters it feels like it!

Occasionally I get wrapped up in a missing teen or young mother if nothing is moving in my preferred cases. So I'd say on average I only follow 3 to 5 cases at any given time, at varying degrees so I'm not necessarily posting on all the threads. On some of those cases I'll dog it till the day the perp is found guilty and put away.

I'm still checking Google weekly on cases from 2014, like Jenise Wright and Bella Grogan-Cannella. And even though there's never news I still look for Jesse Wilson, Detrez Green, Myra Lewis and a few others at least once a week.

So the short answer, lol, too late! is about 3.

ETA: To add, I also follow the Oakland Ghost Ship and Grenfell Tower fires.

Even then usually the fenced in back yard thats private wouldn't generally be maintained would it? But, I think it was Omair, in one video showed that the front hadn't been mowed or maintained since Sherin had gone missing and the neighbours was cut, so it was looking quite shaggy in front and if you are paying HOA whether they like you or not, they can't deny you the services...

Yes, the yard was getting shaggy (was when I saw it, too). But it wasn't because the HOA was denying them services. The HOAs don't provide maintenence services in that neighborhood (I've not heard of any that do so in this particular north TX area except for condominium HOAs), so whether or not one is a popular neighbor, the HOA wouldn't show discrimination by not cutting your lawn. It's equal-opportunity, in other words--they cut nobody's lawn. :)

I think it was you who said upthread that we don't know where they were "raised".
For some reason I wonder if Sini and her parents (as that was her dad in the Lexus video, said Maria Guerrero) moved to the USA first, simply because her parents are there and his said early on to an India media source that they found out about Sherin being missing through the media in India.
I have wondered if when they bought the house, was when they became citizens, which iirc was in 2009?
JMO and thinking out loud!

Close--just a minor clarification...in Feb of 2007 Sini got her LVN license. That year was also the year they purchased the Sunningdale home. (Sources are provided in earlier posts about it in these threads; I've kept a running timeline, though do not have the time to copy down every link. Those who care can run a search, though, for those posts/links).

I believe, based on all the articles we've read and discussed, that both WM & SM were Indian-born and raised, and at some point were a "couple" in Kerala prior to moving to the States. At some point Sini's parents also came over (and reside in the Houston area according to media links upthread), but according to the Indian media sources, his parents still live in India.

I usually stay out of discussions here, everyone is much more knowledgeable about matters than I am and I enjoy reading everyone's take on matters, but I am going to weigh in on the culvert discussion. I live in Texas, very near Dallas now, but have lived all over the state. When a new subdivision goes in, the developer has to also design in an area of water retention, when I lived in Webster, it was a hugh deep ditch that ran the length of the subdivision and was maintained by the city. If you lived there, you paid a MUD tax because of it. In La Porte, it was a big square area, covering several acres, that held water almost all the time and was considered a wetland. If these things are on both sides of a road, the culverts connecting them are at ground level and are to equilize the water level in each pond. They have baffles made into them to trap debris and usually above these baffles are grates that can be removed to allow for clean out. In my experience, if it is an evaporation type area, it is very well maintained, mowed and trash removed on a regular basis because to not do so could cause all the homes in the subdivision to flood. Sewer and drains from within the subdivision do not drain into these things, only rainwater run off. If I am remembering correctly, the EPA has something to do with the installment requirements. I will do more research on it.

From what I have seen in the past, when it does rain enough to fill or partially fill these things, because the pipe is at the lowest level, as the water rises, the trash that can float does just that and when the rain stops the water soaks in or evaporates, leaving the once floating trash all around the sloped sides, where it is usually collected pretty quickly by whoever maintains the retention pond. They are also referred to as catch ponds.

Sorry for such a long post.
All of the above rambling is just my experience from what I have seen/observed in the past and all my own opinions.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Hi & :wagon: Thankyou for posting up that info.

Sounds like it was a beautiful funeral for little Sherin, and my prayers and thoughts go out to her family and friends,:rose:

While the lull of information is almost painful rather than argue the minutiae in the case I suggest an OT question. I would love to get answers from posters and lurkers alike. Ready?

on average, how many cases do you follow at a time?
Most followed at a time?

Being relatively new to posting on WS I am still trying to find my balance. I had popped in for info quite often on cases I followed in the news but “The Lost Boys of Bucks County Pa” finally made me stay.(Cosmo Dinardo and Sean Kratz were the killers) Then I got caught up in a trial in my state where I had missed the early stages and was able to get caught up here. The murder of Jason Corbett made me a poster and now I never shut up. LOL

I am trying to find that balance with how many cases in each stage I can follow and remain in the real world. LOL I try to follow 2 - 3 very active cases and 4-6 slow ones with another 10 In dormant stages. I also try not to follow too many child cases at one time or it gets to me.
Currently other than Sherin I have the new case of Stanley Koehn, David Gipson Smith, Cough Medicine Killer (victim) Lauren Hugelmaier Phelps, Gabriel Fernandez Trial, The Baked Babies- Ke’Younte Penn and Ja’Karter Williams, Caliyah McNabb, Jenna Van Gelderen, Abby Patterson (and the 3 women found dead in the same part of town she went missing from) and waiting for the civil trial and appeals in the Jason Corbett Murder and Trial in the Lost Boys. I am sure I left someone out but anyone looking for a slow case to help the Abby Patterson (Lumberton, NC) and David Gipson Smith(went missing in Ellicott City, Md) both need fresh eyes and help.

I am always looking for new active cases so all suggestions will be looked at.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/news/2017/10/31/sherin-mathews-buried-private-undisclosed-funeral-threats-grave-
desecration

(For those having problems viewing the above link use google chrome incognito feature or Firefox and click the little Halloween mask on the left)

:jail:

Some wonderful comments added on from Maria include that her casket was covered in flowers ad stuffed animals, her 4 year old sister was not in attendance. Other media reported that Wesley was in attendance but are now retracting.:blushing:

Thanks for this post! The incognito has been gold since someone mentioned it the other day!

Maria Guerrero is doing a great job but man some of the comments. I can see WHY more and more everyday, that Sini is not cooperating further. One comment even said to arrest the relatives too because they had to have known what was going on or do know what happened... UGH! Others saying that the lawyers statement is complete ______ because if they loved her they would have focused on her life on earth not her future in heaven... it's just insane!! Like for real, WOW! I am honestly shocked by the hate. I can only imagine that type of attitude at a funeral :( Just, wow...

I really hope none of these haters ever find themselves in a similar situation, especially if they are innocent, because unfortunately, this stuff can and does happen to "anybody". None of us are exempt. You can live the straight and narrow or you can be wild and free, when it comes to these heinous things, it simply doesn't seem to have a preference.

The way the anger and pitch forks seem to be out I worry if this case is going to turn into something like the Casey Anthony trial... she was dubbed "the most hated woman in the world" if I am not mistaken. By the "no need to see evidence pre-convictions" going on in comments about the Mathews, I can't even begin to imagine how WM will get an untainted jury... It hasn't even been a month, as more and more comes out I think it is going to fuel the fire for these people even more :(

respectfully snipped by me

Reading further in the comments, it says that her sister was not there because she was in foster care.

(other comments are "interesting" if you know what I mean....)
I have questions about Sini, but these people are batsh** crazy (especially the ones on Omair's TL, but also on Maria's). I have never once in my life felt entitled to be present at a funeral of someone I didn't know.

Thanks for this post! The incognito has been gold since someone mentioned it the other day!

Maria Guerrero is doing a great job but man some of the comments. I can see WHY more and more everyday, that Sini is not cooperating further. One comment even said to arrest the relatives too because they had to have known what was going on or do know what happened... UGH! Others saying that the lawyers statement is complete ______ because if they loved her they would have focused on her life on earth not her future in heaven... it's just insane!! Like for real, WOW! I am honestly shocked by the hate. I can only imagine that type of attitude at a funeral :( Just, wow...

I really hope none of these haters ever find themselves in a similar situation, especially if they are innocent, because unfortunately, this stuff can and does happen to "anybody". None of us are exempt. You can live the straight and narrow or you can be wild and free, when it comes to these heinous things, it simply doesn't seem to have a preference.

The way the anger and pitch forks seem to be out I worry if this case is going to turn into something like the Casey Anthony trial... she was dubbed "the most hated woman in the world" if I am not mistaken. By the "no need to see evidence pre-convictions" going on in comments about the Mathews, I can't even begin to imagine how WM will get an untainted jury... It hasn't even been a month, as more and more comes out I think it is going to fuel the fire for these people even more :(
I completely agree, the comments are ridiculous. I couldn't even read them all. People are so ignorant and so willing to show the world their ignorance - shocking.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Being relatively new to posting on WS I am still trying to find my balance. I had popped in for info quite often on cases I followed in the news but “The Lost Boys of Bucks County Pa” finally made me stay.(Cosmo Dinardo and Sean Kratz were the killers) Then I got caught up in a trial in my state where I had missed the early stages and was able to get caught up here. The murder of Jason Corbett made me a poster and now I never shut up. LOL

I am trying to find that balance with how many cases in each stage I can follow and remain in the real world. LOL I try to follow 2 - 3 very active cases and 4-6 slow ones with another 10 In dormant stages. I also try not to follow too many child cases at one time or it gets to me.
Currently other than Sherin I have the new case of Stanley Koehn, David Gipson Smith, Cough Medicine Killer (victim) Lauren Hugelmaier Phelps, Gabriel Fernandez Trial, The Baked Babies- Ke’Younte Penn and Ja’Karter Williams, Caliyah McNabb, Jenna Van Gelderen, Abby Patterson (and the 3 women found dead in the same part of town she went missing from) and waiting for the civil trial and appeals in the Jason Corbett Murder and Trial in the Lost Boys. I am sure I left someone out but anyone looking for a slow case to help the Abby Patterson (Lumberton, NC) and David Gipson Smith(went missing in Ellicott City, Md) both need fresh eyes and help.

I am always looking for new active cases so all suggestions will be looked at.

I rarely follow cases with young children/babies or animals. I get my blood pressure worked up. They don't do anything to deserve abuse. I'm used to animals dying, or being put down, it's best they don't suffer (farm kid, some animals can be nursed through and some cannot). But to deliberately abuse a human or animal, no, I can't understand that mindset. Currently, I think in Sherin's case, she was far more behind, than they anticipated, and the stress caused a breaking point. Having a child, myself, with multiple diagnoses that were/can be all rather difficult to deal with, I have thought about going on a business trip, and never coming back, b/c I had to be a failure (they are all grown now and I'm still here). I don't think his intention was to kill her that night. If it's found out that he is a pedophile or a regular abuser then that will possibly change my view on intent.

I hardly know anything of the Gabriel Fernandez trial at all. I cannot fathom what they did to that child, and it makes me want to change my mind on the death penalty. The Baked Babies, hard to type, I have read almost nil, that woman has to be plumb buck insane.

If you want to get involved in one that is horrifying, has so many angles it's mind boggling, and a possible cover-up, check out the Rhoden murders of Piketon, Oh. We could use fresh eyes there too.

I completely agree, the comments are ridiculous. I couldn't even read them all. People are so ignorant and so willing to show the world their ignorance - shocking.

To be honest, at this point these "loving community members" IMO are likely hindering the investigation. Esp when it comes to interviewing Sini or the extended family. They are able to see everything we see and more unless you live there. How would these comments combined with the emotional stress make them feel safe in going in to LE?

JMO

BIG SIGH

I have questions about Sini, but these people are batsh** crazy (especially the ones on Omair's TL, but also on Maria's). I have never once in my life felt entitled to be present at a funeral of someone I didn't know.

I agree! There people are crazy --- and scary! I'm glad that sweet Sherin was laid to rest in a peaceful ceremony away from all these people who are seeming to want to make a spectacle of it all. No matter what anyone thinks about who was or was not involved, she deserved a respectful funeral and I'm sure people who love her and knew her were there. These strangers have turned well meaning concern into something hateful.

:rose:

Definitely, it just shows a gross lack of self respect on their part IMO. How about giving Sherin some dignity in death, instead of a frenzied crowd projecting their hatred. They need to just go away now and let the law deal with it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier