Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently all the groups now have to stop accusing Sini and only talk about her if she is charged. Poor Sini. If she really is innocent, I feel for her. Everyone is judging her and is against her.

Has there been some legal action to make this happen?

Helpful. But, there is a distinction between what can be disclosed in a court of law and what a reporter (or the public) can request.
Reporters request records from the court and if the judge does not seal the records, they are given everything. In the case I previously linked, the entire petition was made available to the media, who then (in very poor taste imo), published it all. It doesn't happen often and in the case I referenced, I do not know why the judge did not seal the records. If we are ever given more detail about the CPS history with Sherin's family, it will be from court records, which could include information about prior and current investigations.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I am constantly reading comments in that group and the things they say about Sini and her parents is disgusting and disrespectful. A few members even claim they have evidence that Sherin was constantly abused. Apparently they've handed this "evidence" over to LE and LE has told them not to tell anyone about it as LE want to be the first ones to make it public after they arrest Sini.

I have avoided reading about this case on any SM. Those people are loons and bullies. I guess I don’t see the appeal in that mob mentality. Sick and sad.

All this interference and rumour-spreading is certainly not honouring wee Sherin. :(

I agree that kind of thing is off the charts for sure, but i think it has a deeper seated meaning in a lot of people that being the fear based emotion/psychology of losing control. People want to be able to feel in control and when they fear the loss of that control it comes out in some of these ways that we see in some of these instances.

But what they are wanting control over is other people's lives, and actions. Those folks are getting tried by the public court of opinion, with "likes", and "comments", (and marches), before ever being called a suspect, forget getting arrested for a crime, and having a trial date. It's one thing to wonder about someone's guilt or innocence, but far different to call them guilty and want to take their deceased child away from them.

But what they are wanting control over is other people's lives, and actions. Those folks are getting tried by the public court of opinion, with "likes", and "comments", (and marches), before ever being called a suspect, forget getting arrested for a crime, and having a trial date. It's one thing to wonder about someone's guilt or innocence, but far different to call them guilty and want to take their deceased child away from them.

Yes that's exactly what they are doing, but control freaks don't pick and choose what they want to control, they want to control every situation, and what they are doing is extreme, and all their logic has flown out the window big time. They really need a big reality check that they are not going to be in control in this situation ever. And if they do go overboard and someone gets hurt they will find themselves arrested.
Stirring up a vicious crowd on social media is futile and will go nowhere anyway so they're wasting their time. All IMO.

Tonight with Omair Live he explained his reasons behind why the thing tonight was cancelled, discussed the threats, discussed Facebook pages that dare to support Sini and or WM, and announced he is still playing phone tag with Sherins church, also that he is calling Sini's attorneys tomorrow and again Monday and made a public plea to any family member to speak to him...

This is one case where someone has NO CLUE that they are a huge factor in the current problem...

Nothing new, other than more insight into his extreme naivety on his rights...

JMO

Anyone else watch or listen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early on I did read some of the FB comments. But when I started seeing the various posts about some of the things that were being said I decided I did not want to give the "so called" voices for Sherin what they were looking for an audience. JMO

Early on I did read some of the FB comments. But when I started seeing the various posts about some of the things that were being said I decided I did not want to give the "so called" voices for Sherin what they were looking for an audience. JMO

They are no voice for little Sherin because Sherin doesn't need their voice.
What they are doing from what i read is ugly, and no way to honor the memory of a deceased child.

Sherin has a voice, it is called the State of Texas. It is the only one she needs and it is the only one that can actually seek justice on her behalf.

This Omar person is filled with self-importance but lacks any understanding of how things work in our justice system. Surely, he doesn't think that he has a right to make the family, LE or the DA talk to him about the case. Actually, it is laughable and proves that he is completely uninformed about our rule of law. He is nobody to this investigation and is owed NOTHING.

I am horrified that people are clamoring for Sini's head because THEY think she must have done something wrong. Do these people not understand that we do not prosecute people on suspicions, gossip and rumors? What is wrong with them?

Yes that's exactly what they are doing, but control freaks don't pick and choose what they want to control, they want to control every situation, and what they are doing is extreme, and all their logic has flown out the window big time. They really need a big reality check that they are not going to be in control in this situation ever. And if they do go overboard and someone gets hurt they will find themselves arrested.
Stirring up a vicious crowd on social media is futile and will go nowhere anyway so they're wasting their time. All IMO.

I agree, there's always been a certain mob mentality in certain situations, but now the keyboard heroes are stirring it to a fever pitch. Instead of 4-5 nuts in a town, yelling obscenities from the sidelines, the internet and constant media, has brought them all out, waving their imagined pitchforks and torches. It's fine to follow a case we are interested in, to wonder how it happened, but to go as far as wanting to nominate another's deceased child, for sainthood, without their blessing, or call for her child's body to be released to them, is really pushing the boundaries of sanity. Surely most have a family and life that they can focus on.

Apparently all the groups now have to stop accusing Sini and only talk about her if she is charged. Poor Sini. If she really is innocent, I feel for her. Everyone is judging her and is against her.

Yes I think they read here and took our advice LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherin has a voice, it is called the State of Texas. It is the only one she needs and it is the only one that can actually seek justice on her behalf.

This Omar person is filled with self-importance but lacks any understanding of how things work in our justice system. Surely, he doesn't think that he has a right to make the family, LE or the DA talk to him about the case. Actually, it is laughable and proves that he is completely uninformed about our rule of law. He is nobody to this investigation and is owed NOTHING.

I am horrified that people are clamoring for Sini's head because THEY think she must have done something wrong. Do these people not understand that we do not prosecute people on suspicions, gossip and rumors? What is wrong with them?

BBM

This!! Exactly!! It's okay to play Devil's Advocate, and to look at all sides, but to accuse, and demand an arrest, when a person has not even been named a suspect, is ludicrous.

I am constantly reading comments in that group and the things they say about Sini and her parents is disgusting and disrespectful. A few members even claim they have evidence that Sherin was constantly abused. Apparently they've handed this "evidence" over to LE and LE has told them not to tell anyone about it as LE want to be the first ones to make it public after they arrest Sini.

My question is, if they had proof then doesn't that make them guilty for not doing anything to get help before this travesty happened? I clearly don't know what happened, but if they have handed over proof of child abuse they are doing it far too late imo [emoji35]
Tbh, this has worried me. That LE would suddenly have the witch hunters coming forward with allegations of abuse (likely without proof) forcing LE to investigate and weed through useless tips created out of spite.... JMO

My question is, if they had proof then doesn't that make them guilty for not doing anything to get help before this travesty happened? I clearly don't know what happened, but if they have handed over proof of child abuse they are doing it far too late imo [emoji35]
Tbh, this has worried me. That LE would suddenly have the witch hunters coming forward with allegations of abuse (likely without proof) forcing LE to investigate and weed through useless tips created out of spite.... JMO

We forget that LE is a tremendously busy and under resourced organization. As well, way more intuitive than we give them credit. If they are investigating "smoke", then they think there is a possibility of "fire". Usually we are fussing because they haven't acted fast enough.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I agree, there's always been a certain mob mentality in certain situations, but now the keyboard heroes are stirring it to a fever pitch. Instead of 4-5 nuts in a town, yelling obscenities from the sidelines, the internet and constant media, has brought them all out, waving their imagined pitchforks and torches. It's fine to follow a case we are interested in, to wonder how it happened, but to go as far as wanting to nominate another's deceased child, for sainthood, without their blessing, or call for her child's body to be released to them, is really pushing the boundaries of sanity. Surely most have a family and life that they can focus on.
Yes. Now the 3 or 4 nuts from every town across the world can unite in one place online and make a big mess.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

These folks are on every case. "I knew those kids weren't taken care of" "I saw this, or that" "Oh, one came to my house asking for food, I knew something was wrong" If they thought that it was THAT bad, before the child got injured, or killed, talk to the parents, or call CPS.

I'm no longer a member of any of the "groups for Sherin" on FB. I never contribute to these things and just use them for information (which is what it was good for... in the beginning. Now it's a mess, is not at all what I thought it was and is no use to anyone. I've not really been involved in the conversation about this but had to have my say. I'm still here, checking this thread daily, just quiet while we wait for actual information from LE or actual reporters like Maria & such.

It really boils down to this.
As I posted upthread, we are all outraged and waiting to see the autopsy report. I will not be surprised if there are additional arrests, as LE has already alluded to. However, that is in the hands of LE professionals and the District Attorney, not the citizens.

While everyone is certainly entitled to their outrage and *opinions*, I would caution those spreading untruths and inciting hysteria and potential violence to start assembling financial resources for their *own* court case. There are severe penalties for this type of behavior if someone is harmed. Either their reputation, ability to support themselves, or otherwise.

Think carefully about what you are saying and doing people. There are consequences. LET LAW ENFORCEMENT HANDLE THIS.

These folks are on every case. "I knew those kids weren't taken care of" "I saw this, or that" "Oh, one came to my house asking for food, I knew something was wrong" If they thought that it was THAT bad, before the child got injured, or killed, talk to the parents, or call CPS.

Yeah--my neighborhood watch has a few busybodies like that. Start off with a question about something like kids playing ball in the street or dropping candy wrappers and when they don't get the sympathy they are looking for they start escalating into claims that they "know" these kids aren't being cared for, their parents are on drugs and yada yada yada. Not interested in actually involving CPS (could it be because they are talking out of their sitting part?) and generally their threads on our board get removed.

Never saw this quote before from an interview at Sherin's orphanage: (I apologize if this has already been shared)

Kumari expressed her interest in speaking with Wesley Mathews, Sherin's adoptive father. She said if given the opportunity she would probably end up slapping him.

"This could have been avoided, she said. "Saraswati [Sherin] should have been alive."

http://www.11alive.com/article/news...we-failed-her-not-once-but-twice/85-488964157

BBM

This!! Exactly!! It's okay to play Devil's Advocate, and to look at all sides, but to accuse, and demand an arrest, when a person has not even been named a suspect, is ludicrous.

The ole 'crucify him' mob mentality that was present 2000 years ago is not so different, now in the FB community.
Glad the the WS community is discursive, measured and uses evidence rather than supposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298