Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. He murdered this child. I have full confidence that he will be charged with murder, eventually.
Just noticed that in Texas, if the victim of murder is less than 6 years old it is a "capital murder" (the legal terminology in Texas code for "first degree murder" in Texas). Sentence of Death Penalty or Life Sentence without Parole.

An offense of "murder" (the legal terminology in Texas code for "second degree murder") or an offense of Intentional serious bodily injury to a child , both carry the same 5-99 years, as the RPD mentioned.

Anybody heard from Grouchymom? Haven't seen her post lately and hoping she's okay.

I think tomorrow will be the day.
Let’s hope I’m right.

Great points. I absolutely think there is a need for ongoing support after adoption in particular. I lost count of how many children left residential treatment to go to a pre-adoptive family only to return weeks or months later. Families are given a 6 month "trial" in Michigan and often after the children are placed in the family home, the ongoing monitoring is not even enough during those 6 months and is essentially null after the 6 months.

No matter how much I prepared families during the early stages for expected behavior, their trauma history, history of behavior, and so on, they were never prepared for actually handling it. Families have the best intentions but make a mistake that love and a safe home is all that is needed to help children in the foster care or orphanage systems and when that falls short, they don't have the support needed to get through it. Each failed placement sets the child further and further behind.

I agree the same support could benefit birth families. The problem with all of this, though, is how will those programs be funded? Lack of resources is the root problem. Residential care and hospitalization is expensive so naturally, families are pursued and often even rushed into fostering or adopting these children with minimal training and information. Monitoring and services are also costly so the goal for children to move out of the system and into permanent homes (return to bio, relative placement, adoption) is the priority with almost no support ongoing.

I agree that respite is the largest need. We have children in our program that have been approved respite in foster and bio homes through Medicaid but finding a respite provider is like a needle in a haystack. The families we have that are currently using the benefit have friends or family as the provider. The ones who need it most are those without a support network.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

BBM
Respite. Yes. I worked for a multi-program organization for many years, it was unique. I loved working there. They offered that program to the community. It was a really great program. Some of the participants were non-verbal, and/or non mobile, some were verbal/mobile, and were from a variety of age groups. I remember that some folks, who found out about the center, had not been on a family vacation in years, or just a weekend away, or had a day to themselves. Not everyone has a large family, or even a small one, who could help tend to the needs, that our clients had. It wouldn't solve everything, but it sure wouldn't hurt anything, either.

I don't understand the question. No one said she couldn't eat or drink normally it did I miss something?

What was stated was that she was underweight, right?e IIRC, it was the pediatricians suggestion that they give her ensure to help up her calories. Even that adoption check suggested they didn't want her to develop eating issues.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I wonder if this is a case of bed wetting rage. He reported doing laundry at 3am, who does that unless it's necessary. Maybe she woke up wet and upset, he woke tierd and frustrated. Wet the bed again! She's crying...he's mad...she's cyring....he's frustrated...drink your milk and be quiet. I can see where this could go bad even with no previous abuse in the home.

I wonder if this is a case of bed wetting rage. He reported doing laundry at 3am, who does that unless it's necessary. Maybe she woke up wet and upset, he woke tierd and frustrated. Wet the bed again! She's crying...he's mad...she's cyring....he's frustrated...drink your milk and be quiet. I can see where this could go bad even with no previous abuse in the home.

I have had a gut feeling since the beginning that this is likely what happened. Nothing to back it up, but it just makes the most sense to me.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a gut feeling since the beginning that this is likely what happened. Nothing to back it up, but it just makes the most sense to me.

IMO

But wouldn't a crying child and an angry husband wake up the other people in the house?

But wouldn't a crying child and an angry husband wake up the other people in the house?

Not necessarily. If nighttime battles were a frequent occurrence and it was dad's turn to get up with the baby, mom may have been letting him handle it, not knowing that he had taken her into the garage to silence her.

Or possibly, mom was frozen in fear herself, not realizing how quickly or horribly the situation was escalating.

I mentioned in Thread #1 that the laundry aspect of his first story may have come from WM cleaning up soiled sheets due to bed wetting or vomit. Lack of sleep, short fuse, controlling husband, everyone is terrified = the unthinkable happening.

JMO, of course.

Given the outcome, I speculate the laundry was to clean up blood. Speculation and opinion only

Given the outcome, I speculate the laundry was to clean up blood. Speculation and opinion only

I can't help but wonder if with the new affidavit if ANY of the original is supposed to be true anymore. Did he just switch from the tree to the garage or did he also remove the portions about laundry and and 3 am etc? I assume the 4-5am is still applicable as that was info they did not get from him. Just wondering whether we are supposed to discount statement one entirely. I doubt LE have but it will depend what story the evidence is telling...

JMO and wondering if anyone has seen more on this!?

I can't help but wonder if with the new affidavit if ANY of the original is supposed to be true anymore. Did he just switch from the tree to the garage or did he also remove the portions about laundry and and 3 am etc? I assume the 4-5am is still applicable as that was info they did not get from him. Just wondering whether we are supposed to discount statement one entirely. I doubt LE have but it will depend what story the evidence is telling...

No I haven't, but this is a good point. We know he's lied about some things so there's no reason to think any of what he has said is true.

I would love to see the interview transcript.

I think they should be able find that in the laundry they took so we'll know the answer to that. As we all know, blood is so hard to completely remove from porous materials. I think they would still be able to find it in that laundry, hopefully. I kind of agree with you -- I think it was blood, too. Or maybe he tried to put a sedative in that milk that maybe made her throw up and he had to make sure that was all cleaned up. And then maybe he tried to get her to drink a new cup of that milk with the sedative and she would not drink it again. I don't know. Just surmising. I hope the truth becomes evident soon.

If she consistently wet the bed, surely they were intelligent enough to get a mattress protector, and night-time, pull-up, panties for her. Laundry could have waited til morning. I think he was washing away evidence.

Agreed. The laundry thing could have even been a cover for any noise the spouse heard or the car pulling out. Just a thought.

If she consistently wet the bed, surely they were intelligent enough to get a mattress protector, and night-time, pull-up, panties for her. Laundry could have waited til morning. I think he was washing away evidence.

That's what I was thinking. If you have a child who wets the bed on a a regular basis, why wouldn't you put on a pull-up so you didn't have to change everything every night. If she did have a bed wetting problem, maybe not waking her up at all hours of the night to make her drink protein shakes (or whatever the heck they claim they were giving her) would have helped.

My guess, as far as the laundry goes, is that if he did do laundry, it was his own clothes that got dirty from taking her body to that nasty culvert to dispose of her and perhaps some kind of fluid on his clothes from her (milk, vomit, etc.)

Where the heck are the toxicology reports? From what I've read, the initial screening takes about 2 weeks to see if any drugs are present and if further testing to determine the type of drug and the amount is needed, another 2 weeks. From his description of watching her breathing slow down, she may have been overdosed on some kind of sedative. Of course he lies so who knows if that part of his story is even true.

That's what I was thinking. If you have a child who wets the bed on a a regular basis, why wouldn't you put on a pull-up so you didn't have to change everything every night. If she did have a bed wetting problem, maybe not waking her up at all hours of the night to make her drink protein shakes (or whatever the heck they claim they were giving her) would have helped.

My guess, as far as the laundry goes, is that if he did do laundry, it was his own clothes that got dirty from taking her body to that nasty culvert to dispose of her and perhaps some kind of fluid on his clothes from her (milk, vomit, etc.)

Where the heck are the toxicology reports? From what I've read, the initial screening takes about 2 weeks to see if any drugs are present and if further testing to determine the type of drug and the amount is needed, another 2 weeks. From his description of watching her breathing slow down, she may have been overdosed on some kind of sedative. Of course he lies so who knows if that part of his story is even true.

I agree with your thoughts on him cleaning his own clothes to get the mud and debris off from putting her inside of the culvert pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx