Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #7 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite possible. But why couldn't Mom take the bio girl to dinner, while Dad figured out the crisis?

I wish they had video footage of the family dinner that night. Could the parents actually order a meal and eat it, in good spirits?

I would pay money to see video footage of them at dinner. Plus it might spark a memory in other diners.

I think it was GrouchyMom who explained to me in private that the lesser charges that cause death, like manslaughter etc, actually carry less of a sentence than what WM is charged with now. His current charge has the same sentencing as a typical murder charge and at this point, can easily be argued to a jury, where a murder charge may not be found to have sufficient evidence to a jury, thus resulting in something like manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter and little to no prison time. She used another case where a child was violently thrown up in the air and bounced off the ceiling iirc by people on drugs and they were found guilty of a charge less than murder and were given a small slap on the wrist, this injury to a child charge, is a newer charge to help stop cases falling through that legal gap, from what I understand. Hopefully GrouchyMom will see this and be happy to elaborate with proper detail because my mind is defective tonight!

This was awhile ago when we had this chat so I could be remembering wrong, but it made sense at the time! I feel that as of right now WM's charge is sufficient, as like Perlich said, it carries the same sentence. I am one who doesn't tend to agree with the death penalty, but in this case I hope that the charges are bumped up to capital murder and that way the lesser sentence, if found guilty, would be life instead of death, and a lesser charge, would be murder and would carry the same sentencing guidelines as he currently faces.

IMO I think that they have a better chance with the evidence we have been told, to get a max sentence on the injury charge right now, than if they were to switch it to murder. Again, based on what they have released to the public and not the autopsy or other evidence. I definitely feel that they are preparing to go big with the charge.

A concern I had earlier this evening was that we saw Sini's arraignment. I know nothing fancy, but to my knowledge, we are not aware of WM's arraignment date or if it has even happened. I assume it has, but the concern I have is if he was not arraigned or if he was arraigned privately, could it be because he is working withe LE in exchange for a plea?

JMO

Thank God for GrouchyMom. Her expertise has been invaluable on this case.

And also a shoutout to all you WS’ers who are here, Day in and day out, to make sure this baby gets justice. Every time I lose hope in humankind, I just remind myself of all the great people here who clearly love all the lost and abused children, even though we’ve never met them. Love and peace to all of you!

They could have also barricaded her in the kitchen with a baby gate, and she could have gotten into all kinds of things, pulling appliances down or other heavy items.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Was the child even still alive at that time? My guess is the whole story of how she died is bogus, and so could be the timeline.

We all questioned why the father did not wake the mother who is an R.N. when Sherin was in distress. This entire restaurant situation makes me now wonder when was actual time of death. Poor sweet baby. No telling what she endured and for how long.

Yes, exactly. Was the child already dead and that's why she was not in a restaurant?

We all questioned why the father did not wake the mother who is an R.N. when Sherin was in distress. This entire restaurant situation makes me now wonder when was actual time of death. Poor sweet baby. No telling what she endured and for how long.

I agree, BUT it seems like if she'd died earlier in the day, before the restaurant visit, they'd have had ample time to actually get their story in order and not have to keep changing it.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dall...rents-arrest-in-sherin-mathews-case/492808725

According to this article the biological daughter will remain in foster care until permanent placement can be determined. CPS can wait as long as a year before permanently placing a child. If this is indeed true, it gives me hope that CPS will responsibly review any & all information received from law enforcement.

I'm curious what it will take for them to actually sever their parental rights to the child. Obviously if they both remain in jail they'll have to award residential custody to a foster family or other family members who are willing to take her, but WM and SM may still be awarded visits with the child.

I don't know anything about the family members willing to take custody of the bio daughter. They may well be the loveliest people ever. I hope so. My concern is that family members' loyalty to people they've known their whole lives might be greater than their grief and shock over the death of an adopted child they barely knew. The temptation and pressure to allow continuing contact and communication with the parents might be too great to resist. There really aren't any great solutions for the poor child, but I do hope no decisions on custody are made until the criminal issues are resolved. MOO

According to this clip, Sini admitted LAST MONTH to leaving Sherin home alone so this is nothing new to investigators. (55 second mark). Why so long to charge her?

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/S...d-on-Child-Endangerment-Charge-458059503.html
I think the reporter misspoke here. She must have been referring to WM admitting to it during the interview after his second arrest, as detailed in the RPD press conference. SM hasn't talked to the authorities other than some indirect help during the identification of the body.
Hence the need to get independent evidence using witness statements, financial and phone records before charging SM .

I liked the reporter injecting unintentional/intentional humor by stating that WM & SM will be under the same roof after a long while !! :laughing:

I agree, BUT it seems like if she'd died earlier in the day, before the restaurant visit, they'd have had ample time to actually get their story in order and not have to keep changing it.

What good story could you possibly come up with in that situation?

What good story could you possibly come up with in that situation?

I have no clue since I don't have the mind of a killer, but they could have at least come up with the same one if they had that much time to do it.

As far as I can tell, her story didn't change. She was sleeping and knows nothing. Not sure why he changed his. Perhaps he though evidence found by police contradicted the first story he came up with. Doesn't mean that at the time, that first story didn't appear the best.

So glad posters can’t defend Sini anymore.
Amen! It was so frustrating. I knew the whole time. There is no way a loving mother won't cooperate fully with the investigation of a dead,or missing child.
I know my youngest went missing one night. Unbeknownst to us he was with his older brother. Longest, worst night of my life. I was ready to rip flesh off anyone who could harm him, and if I thought the SPERM donor had anything to do with it I would sing like a canary, and I would have personally delivered him to jail.
So her cold hearted indifference to little Sherin spoke volumes as to her level of evil.

According to this clip, Sini admitted LAST MONTH to leaving Sherin home alone so this is nothing new to investigators. (55 second mark). Why so long to charge her?

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/S...d-on-Child-Endangerment-Charge-458059503.html

I just woke up, but wanted to say I thought Perlich said in the video presser after Sini's arrest that the family had said when Sherin went missing that they had went to dinner as a family, but did NOT say who had attended, and that WM is the one who told them on the 23rd that it was a family dinner, minus Sherin.
Hopefully I'm recalling the source correctly.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know I am in the minority here, but my theory now, especially after seeing Sini's deer-in-the-headlights presentation at the hearing yesterday, is that LE wants her to talk, and that's why they finally brought her in. I am guessing that a lot of what people perceive as Sini being cold or unfeeling may be her actually being petrified to do anything. She presents to me as a person who has been living in a highly controlled environment where she could not even sneeze without permission. Yes, she abdicated her parental rights by not taking care of Sherin and allowing what happened to happen. She is responsible for being a part of this horrific situation, for sure. But I don't peg her as the actor in Sherin's death. Instead, I think she was a bystander who is guilty by failing to stop it. It may be that she was "asleep," meaning she had been sent to her room and forbidden to come out. All just my opinion, aAnd I very well may be wrong, and I'll be the first to come here and say so if I am!

I just woke up, but wanted to say I thought Perlich said in the video presser after Sini's arrest that the family had said when Sherin went missing that they had went to dinner as a family, but did NOT say who had attended, and that WM is the one who told them on the 23rd that it was a family dinner, minus Sherin.
Hopefully I'm recalling the source correctly.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe you are correct. I interpreted the term "last month" to mean the Oct. 23rd date. Add the approximate turn around time to obtain the warrant (3 weeks) and the timing makes sense.

I hate even the thought of this, could a feeding tube have been used? WM said he watched Sherin's breathing slow down, then stop.

Given the fact the "mom" worked at a hospital, that is possible. I thought of that as well. However, I doubt her death was a result of any feeding incident.

Amen! It was so frustrating. I knew the whole time. There is no way a loving mother won't cooperate fully with the investigation of a dead,or missing child.
I know my youngest went missing one night. Unbeknownst to us he was with his older brother. Longest, worst night of my life. I was ready to rip flesh off anyone who could harm him, and if I thought the SPERM donor had anything to do with it I would sing like a canary, and I would have personally delivered him to jail.
So her cold hearted indifference to little Sherin spoke volumes as to her level of evil.
I've said it before, when one of our children is in danger, we mom's can rival any grizzly. YOU DO NOT want to go there. Which is why it was so bizarre SM's reaction and demeanor. It just made no sense to me.

I know I am in the minority here, but my theory now, especially after seeing Sini's deer-in-the-headlights presentation at the hearing yesterday, is that LE wants her to talk, and that's why they finally brought her in. I am guessing that a lot of what people perceive as Sini being cold or unfeeling may be her actually being petrified to do anything. She presents to me as a person who has been living in a highly controlled environment where she could not even sneeze without permission. Yes, she abdicated her parental rights by not taking care of Sherin and allowing what happened to happen. She is responsible for being a part of this horrific situation, for sure. But I don't peg her as the actor in Sherin's death. Instead, I think she was a bystander who is guilty by failing to stop it. It may be that she was "asleep," meaning she had been sent to her room and forbidden to come out. All just my opinion, aAnd I very well may be wrong, and I'll be the first to come here and say so if I am!
Where are you finding any evidence that she was being controlled? I don't think we have evidence yet of who was the controlling one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A vibe your getting? It would not be unheard of. I'm not sure I agree BUT that's what WS is all about!! Agreeing to disagree. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery