GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What to expect: Adoptive parents of Sherin Mathews return to court

Now that the Mathews are returning to court for their criminal charges, we wanted to take some of the most asked questions surrounding their case to an attorney for answers on the legal process.

http://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...-sherin-mathews-return-to-court/287-525998312

Both Sini and Wesley individually have separate charges.

Sini is charged with abandoning a child, which holds a punishment that ranges from two to 20 years in prison with a fine up to $10,000, a second degree felony and could be eligible for probation since she doesn't have a past criminal history.

Wesley is charged with capital murder and tampering with evidence. He now faces life in prison or the death penalty. The district attorney has not said whether they will seek the death penalty at this time. He was also indicted for injury to a child, which is punishable by five to 99 years in prison, as well as abandoning a child.

Interesting stuff in the article.

I don't know "what" happened to my bookmarkers for my Court sites. They've ALL disappeared!! :gaah:

Can some one please post the link to this case?

TIA! :wave:

Sherin Mathews’ Parents, Charged With Murder, Child Abandonment, Scheduled to Return to Court
http://www.indiawest.com/news/globa...cle_6c159982-26f7-11e8-a546-77914dbda1e7.html

Wesley Mathews, charged with the murder of his adopted daughter Sherin Mathews, will next appear in court March 20, along with his wife Sini Mathews, who has been charged with child endangerment.
[.....]
Wesley Mathews, who has been charged with capital murder and faces the death penalty, continues to be held at the Dallas, Texas County Jail, on bail of $2.25 million. A grand jury determined in January that the father had used a deadly weapon to kill his three-year-old daughter.....
[.....]
Sini Mathews, who is charged with felony child endangerment and abandonment, faces two to 20 years in prison. She also remains housed at Dallas County Jail, on bail of $250,000.
[.....]
Wesley Mathews pleaded the 5th Amendment in court, when a prosecutor asked him if he had killed his child. {this was child hearing court}

I see WM's bond has been raised from $1M to $2.25M, and they have SM's bond still at $250K, which should actually be $100K per Judge on 11/27/17. I had WM originally scheduled for 3/22, as with SM.

I wanted to check the court site to make sure these dates are correct from the article. Unfortunately, I lost ALL my court sites folder... :pcguru:

Does anyone have a link where I can find this. I've tried googling, but coming up with just their "old" vehicle accident case! :gaah:

TIA!

Never mind - I went back a few pages and found it!

so - looks like the article is mistaken - the court date in court files is still March 22nd:

Wesley:

SET FOR DATE 032218 SET FOR TIME 0930 SET TYPE ANNO PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS

Bond for Murder:
DATE BOND SET 011218 AMT 1000000.00 TYPE __ SET BY COURT FV JUDGE BIRMINGHAM

DATE BOND SET 011318 AMT 1000000.00 TYPE __ SET BY COURT 0M JUDGE VICKERY

Bond for Tampering w/evidence:
DATE BOND SET 011318 AMT _250000.00 TYPE __

Sini:

Never mind - I went back a few pages and found it!

so - looks like the article is mistaken - the court date in court files is still March 22nd:

Wesley:

Bond for Murder:
DATE BOND SET 011218 AMT 1000000.00 TYPE __ SET BY COURT FV JUDGE BIRMINGHAM

DATE BOND SET 011318 AMT 1000000.00 TYPE __ SET BY COURT 0M JUDGE VICKERY

Bond for Tampering w/evidence:
DATE BOND SET 011318 AMT _250000.00 TYPE __

Sini:

Thanks for always keeping us up-to-date on court days and times. Notice you do this on a lot of threads that we both follow, just wanted you to know it's much appreciated! :)

Hey!

MissMalowe said:
Thanks for always keeping us up-to-date on court days and times. Notice you do this on a lot of threads that we both follow, just wanted you to know it's much appreciated!

I'm retired now and have LOTS of time on my hands! :giggle: I don't mind doing it. It keeps the cases I'm following easier to follow! So why not let everyone that is following the same case know "when" it's going to be in court! I like to share! :)

I just noticed that if you search for Wesley Mathews in the court dockets, do NOT use his middle name, and it will come up with the capital murder charges & tampering with evidence, plus the ones he is already charged with. If you use his middle name in search it will not bring up the murder charge.

Hello, just thought to share with you that according to Maria Guerrero (journalist NBC DFW) the pre-trial court proceedings (for Sini and Wesley) that were originally scheduled for this week have been moved to April 19th (and could be moved again) starting at 8:30am. You can read about this (and other comments) on Maria's professional Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerreroNews/. Hope you find this update useful.

Thank you AvidListener, but she has a couple of things wrong:

Sini's bond is still at $250,000 for felony child

per court site:

DATE BOND SET 111717 AMT _250000.00 TYPE __ SET BY COURT __ JUDGE FEIL_____
REC NO 01 _
B050
DATE BOND SET 112717 AMT _100000.00 TYPE BN SET BY COURT FY JUDGE FARGO____

As you can see the bond was reduced to $100K.

AND... she has the time wrong - not 8:30am - per site:

Sini:
SET FOR DATE 041918 SET FOR TIME 0930

and for Wesley:

Thank you for being sharp Niner....I have tried sleuthing the Dallas County Jail for these pass slips (I've seen them called that) but have never been able to drill in that deep. So, I've been depending on others with what they share. I appreciate your precision. I too noticed that on some posts the bond posted is inaccurate, I'm glad you finally corrected that for us as well....it was wrong on a link someone posted up thread. But, I thought maybe I am missing something. Thanks again.

Thank you AvidListener, but she has a couple of things wrong:

Sini's bond is still at $250,000 for felony child

per court site:

DATE BOND SET 111717 AMT _250000.00 TYPE __ SET BY COURT __ JUDGE FEIL_____
REC NO 01 _
B050
DATE BOND SET 112717 AMT _100000.00 TYPE BN SET BY COURT FY JUDGE FARGO____

As you can see the bond was reduced to $100K.

AND... she has the time wrong - not 8:30am - per site:

Sini:

and for Wesley:

Does this mean Sini will not face more charges?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edimmu, well, from what I am reading and as of now, it doesn't look like Sini will face any other charges (lots of people on FB are asking that same question). But, that could change and we won't know for sure until the trial begins. S or W might even plead since the evidence is pretty damaging to them both. But that's only my take on this and while I am reviewing these threads (I came onboard sometime after Sherin was found) I've discovered many of you have access to information I can't find on the net. Since people are quiet on this....maybe Sini won't face any other charge than the one she has.

Does this mean Sini will not face more charges?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sini absolutely should face more charges than she is currently facing.
Child neglect, child abuse, torture, or at least aiding and abetting child abuse
(if we believe Wes did everything, which I do not.)

My Dad broke his femur because he drove off a 20 foot drop off on a snowmobile.
First broken bone for him at 65 despite many car and snowmobile accidents.
His weight, the snowmobiles weight and the drop combined to cause the break.

It is unbelievably hard to break those bones at any age.
Children are even more "durable" than adults!
Toddlers Sherin's age have crazy accidents with way less injuries than her.
The injuries Sherin suffered are traumatic with a lot of force behind them.
I so wish that doctor had called the police as well as CPS. :tantrum:

When you think about it toddlers fall out of windows without breaking a bone.
Or fall off a playground (7 feet up) without breaking any bones.
These are like injuries from a car accident. Not being a toddler.

It is literally painful to imagine the force involved in these breaks.
It's torture, or aiding and abetting because they can PROVE SINI KNEW.
If they don't charge her further it will be Bella Bond all over again!

None of my children have ever broken a bone. But they play outside a lot, eat well and I presume have good vitamin D levels due to sun exposure. Some children are far more prone to bone breakage though so it's not always due to the force level of a car accident.

My niece fell 4 feet down in our backyard and shattered her elbow requiring surgery to repair. She eats a highly processed diet and at that point spent little time outside. Another friend in the same age bracket was similar and broke her wrist twice from a simple fall. I have another friend whose child broke her ankle coming down the slide at a playground when her foot/ankle hit the edge of the slide and twisted back. That did trigger a CPS investigation (deemed unfounded) because the ER doctor found it hard to believe she broke her ankle that way.

I'm not saying Sini didn't abuse her. I just wanted to point that a child in poorer health without adequate vitamin D could certainly break their bones much more easily. My kids fall left and right and have been very rambunctious and active over the years but simply never have injuries of this sort. It does make me wonder aside from deliberate abuse how poor was Sherin's health. Did she play outside much and get vitamin D? Did she get a poor diet? I remember her being very small compared to her sister.

*sigh* It's so sad to think of her and her death. Poor baby. I followed that case so closely when I first read reports of her missing. It's getting hard to read so often of hurt and unloved children.

Thursday, April 19th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9:30am CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017) - Sini Ann Mathews (35) - indicted (on 1/12/18) on a charge of felony child abandonment or endangerment. Arrested 11/16/17, held on $250K bond; on 11/27/17 bond changed to $100K.
Hearing postponed from Mar. 7 & Mar. 22.

*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9:30am CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017) - Wesley Mon Mathews (37) - indicted (on 1/12/18) on 4 felony counts: Capital murder, injury to a child (1st degree Felony), abandoning a child and tampering with physical evidence; bond was at $1M, now $2.25M. DA will seek DP.
Hearing postponed from Mar. 7 & Mar. 22.

Just looked up Sini - same date - May 17th.

Wesley Mathews' court setting has been reset for May 17 at 9:30 a.m. according to court documents. His lawyer said they are still waiting for more discovery & evidence .... Source: https://twitter.com/AlishaEbrahimji/status/986989570469302274

This happens more than people realize... where it's not the defense actually delaying it.
The defense has to wait on the prosecution to provide discovery, evidence, reports....
a lot of times the defense is asking for a delay because the prosecution hasn't given them what they need.

NEW:

An announcement court hearing for Wesley Mathews has been "passed" (rescheduled) for June 22.
Sini Mathews' attorney will also pass to June 22 as well.
An announcement hearing was schedule for May 17th. But again, that's not happening now.
This essentially means the Mathews attorneys are not ready to proceed with the case - they have a LOT of evidence to sort through. And this isn't their only case.

Archive article:
Sherin Mathews' Father Indicted On Capital Murder Charge
http://www.nbcdfw.com/…/Sherin-Mathews-Father-Indicted-On-C…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back