Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is the latest post by Maria Guerrero:

Maria Guerrero
15 hrs ·

One of the biggest trials of the year begins tomorrow in Dallas:

Wesley Mathews faces life in prison if convicted of murdering his 3-year-old adoptive daughter Sherin in October 2017.
I’ll be in court following every detail in this case that has touched people around the world.

We may finally learn what happened between October 6 and 7th at their Richardson home — the autopsy and toxicology reports will be key.
Will Sini Mathews testify against her husband? She has been subpoenaed by the state but cannot be forced to testify against him.
His defense has subpoenaed many people - looking to prove Sherin’s death was a terrible accident.
We will hear about past allegations of abuse suffered by the little girl adopted by the Mathews from an Indian orphanage.

Wesley Mathews capital murder trial begins at 1:30 (start time moved based on other happenings in court)

Follow me on Twitter for an up-to-the-moment account from inside the courtroom:
@Maria_NBC5

Notice the words 'if convicted of murdering'.

So he's being tried for murder, not Injury to a Child by Omission.

Someone responded in that posted asking Maria if it's true. No answer yet.

Love & Justice for Sherin “Saraswati” Mathews

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson
It will still be like a trial. The jury has to hear all the facts before they can deliberate on penalty

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 5h5 hours ago
The attorneys are under a gag order, not the media. Potential jurors were told during jury selection about the guilty plea.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 8h8 hours ago
#WesleyMathews now faces anywhere from probation up to Life.

Someone responded in that posted asking Maria if it's true. No answer yet.

Love & Justice for Sherin “Saraswati” Mathews

It will still be like a trial. The jury has to hear all the facts before they can deliberate on penalty

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 5h5 hours ago
The attorneys are under a gag order, not the media. Potential jurors were told during jury selection about the guilty plea.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 8h8 hours ago
I guess we'll find out later today if it's true. I find it hard to believe none of the local media in Dallas have posted about this, if it's true, but who knows. The proceedings were reportedly held in open court so Maria Guerrero would have known about it and reported it. I've never heard of a jury deciding a punishment without first having a trial.

Wait, what?? A capital murder case against Wesley has been reduced to a felony charge of Injury to a Child by Omission?

If it's a first-degree felony then he can get up to life, which is okay by me. Anything less is a miscarriage of justice to the nth degree. Any information on exactly what section(s) he plead to? I can't find anything.

Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 22.04 | FindLawTexas Penal Code - PENAL § 22.04 | FindLaw

ETA: Why isn't other media reporting on this?

Wait now I see this Tweet!

Cathy Russon Retweeted Nikki Dadlani

(WTH Probation) jmo

Does anyone have the time that it starts? And I have not seen a link to a live feed.

Also, this website is going nuts on my phone for the last six or seven days. When I go to a new thread, it makes it normal size, then 3 seconds later it shrinks it, then 3 seconds later it makes it large again. It takes it over 6 seconds each time I change a page. Has this happened to somebody else and they know what is going on with my Samsung Galaxy phone, or can somebody direct me to the thread here on this website to ask such a question? @JerseyGirl ?

Thank you in advance as this just started happening six or seven days ago and is consistent every time and it is driving me nuts.

Does anyone have the time that it starts? And I have not seen a link to a live feed.

Also, this website is going nuts on my phone for the last six or seven days. When I go to a new thread, it makes it normal size, then 3 seconds later it shrinks it, then 3 seconds later it makes it large again. It takes it over 6 seconds each time I change a page. Has this happened to somebody else and they know what is going on with my Samsung Galaxy phone, or can somebody direct me to the thread here on this website to ask such a question? @JerseyGirl ?

Thank you in advance as this just started happening six or seven days ago and is consistent every time and it is driving me nuts.

Have you tried rebooting your phone. Turn power off, wait 10/15 seconds and restart? Otherwise, I'd call Samsung, they may know what's happening.

On Thursday #WesleyMathews pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of Injury to a Child by Omission.

Whaaaaaa?

He was charged with murdering his adopted daughter now this?

If this did occur, I hope this doesn't happen in The Maleah case also.
I wonder if this means he's admitting guilt to that charge only and it will be up to the jury, after hearing the evidence in the trial, to decide if that's what he's guilty of, or if he's guilty of the more serious charge of murder.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back