Found Safe TX - Sophie, 9, w/ Michael Long, non-custodial parent, Seguin, 12 July 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And moms atty also was recused.

This case is getting out of control.

The online group is stating that dad has Sophie due to an emergency court hearing on Labor Day but kept the brothers who were supposed to go back to mom. Hearing tomorrow.

They’re saying that S says she was assaulted by four men before she came to dad, who cycled into the hotel room she was staying in with mom before she went to her dad’s for the weekend. And that on Sunday with dad she started screaming with pain and went to the hospital. And I guess divulged what happened.

But no arrests.

Oh and the judge supposedly recused herself and left the state.

I don’t know what’s happening. It seems very bizarre.

TY. What does this mean?

Emergency Motion to Deny Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus and Request for Sanctions
Habeas Corpus - Law Office of Bryan Fagan
Mar 10, 2018 · What is Habeas Corpus (besides hard to pronounce)? If you are the parent with a legal right to possession of your child then you may initiate a writ of Habeas Corpus to have your child returned to you by the other parent who is wrongfully in possession of your child.
——
Writ of Habeas Corpus in Child Custody Matters by Shivam Goel :: SSRN
—-
i guess it depends on who has the child now? The other parent apparently wants the child they are not entitled to? Maybe @gitana1 can help us understand

Wow - wish they would say who filed what - IMO these parties are really going at it and something is going on - is this being covered locally or just by the Dailymail? What a hot mess and who has the child now ?
JMO
Nobody local has covered it yet. I wouldn’t either because the people in the big FB group are problematic, to say the least.

Mar 10, 2018 · What is Habeas Corpus (besides hard to pronounce)? If you are the parent with a legal right to possession of your child then you may initiate a writ of Habeas Corpus to have your child returned to you by the other parent who is wrongfully in possession of your child.
——
—-
i guess it depends on who has the child now? The other parent apparently wants the child they are not entitled to? Maybe @gitana1 can help us understand
Dad has the kids even though he was ordered to give the boys to mom

——
—-

It looks like right now dad has all three. Tomorrow is a hearing. But the judge also ordered the case sealed so I’m guessing we won’t get much info. [ETA: WRONG. NOT SEALED]. The habeas petition was in July, wasn’t it? [ETA: another was filed].

Last edited:
That’s probably why the petition was filed then - jeez someone needs to step in and these kids need their own lawyer IMO

It looks like they had one and then that attorney got out of the case. I don’t know if there will be another. But the dad didn’t like the last pleading filed by the kids’ attorney.

Lots going on. I missed a few pages and now see that they judge rescinded the order sealing the case.

It looks like right now dad has all three. Tomorrow is a hearing. But the judge also ordered the case sealed so I’m guessing we won’t get much info. [ETA: WRONG. NOT SEALED]. The habeas petition was in July, wasn’t it? [ETA: another was filed].
Court filings can be found here

Judicial Online Search
  • 07/28/2020
    Motion
    Less
    Comments:
    Petition to Modify Parent Child Relationship
  • 07/28/2020
    Motion - Family - $65.00
    Less
    Comments:
    Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus
  • 07/29/2020
    Temporary Restraining Order
    Details

I hate to say it but the letters she wrote to Dad, written on pieces of torn cardboard and notecards writing opposite the lines looks to me like she has a GIANT IMAGINATION.
I still don’t not believe her but a giant imagination makes flashing red lights.
What other reason could there be for the torn scraps of paper letters?

Last edited:
I hate to say it but the letters she wrote to Dad, written on pieces of torn cardboard and notecards writing opposite the lines looks to me like she has a GIANT IMAGINATION.
I still don’t not believe her but a giant imagination makes flashing red lights.

Where can I find those?

The family may not have the resources for writing paper or even computer paper. If she's not attending school in person, then there isn't likely to be any notebook paper sitting around either. My daughter's friend once made her a birthday card on an old divider, the yellow things with tabs that you separate pages with in a notebook. They were in 1st grade or so and that is all the little girl had to draw on. I made a point to tell her how sweet it was for her to take the time to make that card for my daughter. She just beamed!

I’m hearing the judge shut down the big Facebook group. Here is a docket entry - maybe related to the shutdown?

09/09/2020
Judge's Docket Entry
Comments:
Petition for Writ and First Amended Petition for Writ denied at this time, to be on side of caution

I am not sure how to "cite" this, but the main "Stand with S____" FB group has been taken down. I would only assume (IMO) that it was the court's orders to do so since the father (ML) and the step-mom were admins to that group and it was getting out of hand and a mess with comments/posts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back