Found Safe TX - SS, 8, Fort Worth, kidnapped while walking w/mother, 18 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Highly doubt it’s related. Ft. Worth is a large city, the 4th largest in Texas. And like most large cities, it’s got its rough areas. So while the city itself is pretty nice and fairly safe as far as large cities go, the East side is definitely not an area you want to be at any time of the day. That particular area off Rosedale and Lancaster and just west of Loop 820 is notorious for gang violence and armed robberies. It’s the kind of place you expect there to be at least one shooting per night. So while anything is possible, I would guess the shooting was nothing more than your garden variety armed robbery or drug dispute turned violent.

The scary thing about this crime is that, from where he took her, the perp could be on a major highway in a matter of just a few minutes and in another city very shortly after that. I-30, I-35, Loop 820, and even I-20 are all very close by and can have you in another city or even a short while later in another state pretty quickly.
Thanks for that. I was reaching. I used to live in uptown Dallas off McKinney Ave. I wasn't that familiar with the downtown Fort Worth area.

Fort Worth Police on Twitter
We Got Her!
2:21 AM - 19 May 2019

t4526.gif

Highly doubt it’s related. Ft. Worth is a large city, the 4th largest in Texas. And like most large cities, it’s got its rough areas. So while the city itself is pretty nice and fairly safe as far as large cities go, the East side is definitely not an area you want to be at any time of the day. That particular area off Rosedale and Lancaster and just west of Loop 820 is notorious for gang violence and armed robberies. It’s the kind of place you expect there to be at least one shooting per night. So while anything is possible, I would guess the shooting was nothing more than your garden variety armed robbery or drug dispute turned violent.

The scary thing about this crime is that, from where he took her, the perp could be on a major highway in a matter of just a few minutes and in another city very shortly after that. I-30, I-35, Loop 820, and even I-20 are all very close by and can have you in another city or even a short while later in another state pretty quickly.

With all of that being said, however, I kind of doubt the perp lives a long way from where the abduction took place. There are a million and one areas just like that one across the DFW Metroplex which are located by schools and parks which would have kids running about where some sicko could attempt an abduction. So why that one? It’s not some neighborhood famous for kids. It’s not visible from any major highway. My guess is that he has had prior experience with that neighborhood, knew there would be kids out and about, and felt comfortable enough with the streets and layout to commit his crime there. Maybe he knows someone nearby. Maybe he’s worked in a home in that neighborhood as a repairman or salesman. Whatever the case, my guess is that he had driven those streets before, possibly multiple times, and saw the children out and about, which just motivated him to commit such a horrible crime. He might live in a different city, but I bet anything he has a definite connection to that neighborhood in some capacity.

Via @wfaa on Twitter

SS IS SAFE! Fort Worth Police say they have located missing #SS as well as the suspect. A citizen located the suspect vehicle. We are following Fort Worth Police to another location now. Keep up with WFAA and @ariel_plasencia for more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257