TX - Student opens fire at Timberview High School; 4 hurt, Arlington, 6 Oct 2021 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Thanks @ MrsWatson for bringing case forward
image.jpg

In this image from WFAA-TV video, law enforcement arrives at Timberview High School on Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2021 in Arlington, Texas. Authorities say a student opened fire inside the Dallas-area high school during a fight. (WFAA-TV via AP)

Police: Student opens fire at Texas high school; 4 hurt
''ARLINGTON, TEXAS -- A student opened fire inside a Dallas-area high school during a fight, injuring four people before he fled, authorities said Wednesday.

The shooting happened at Timberview High School in Arlington, which is part of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. Two people were shot and two others had unspecified injuries, Arlington Assistant Police Chief Kevin Kolbye said at a news conference.

Three of the four were taken to hospitals and the other person refused treatment, he said.

Police were searching for the suspected shooter, whom they identified as 18-year-old Timothy George Simpkins. They said he might be driving a 2018 silver Dodge Charger with the license plate number PFY-6260.''

Last edited:
rbbm.
Fight Between Students Led to Shooting at Timberview HS, 4 Injured
''Arlington police said there was a fight between students on the second floor of the school when one of the students pulled out a gun.

That student has been identified as 18-year-old Timothy George Simpkins who is now at large and considered armed and dangerous.

It's believed that Simpkins is driving a 2018 silver Dodge Charger with license plate PFY-6260.

Police say if you encounter this person, or know anything about his whereabouts, to immediately call 911.''
Timothy-George-Simpkins-1.jpg

Arlington PD
Timothy George Simpkins, 18, was sought Wednesday in the shooting at Timberview High School in Arlington.
A total of four people were hurt, including three students and one adult.

The teacher is only 25 years old, what a shame he already has to deal with this type of violence so early in his career (if he still wants to do it).
The alleged perp's mother claims he was bullied, wondering if he acquired the gun before or after the ''bullying''?
imo, speculation.
48851311-10065471-Calvin_Pettitt-m-150_1633554310893.jpg

• Calvin Pettitt, 25, an English teacher at Timberview High School in Arlington, was shot on Wednesday
  • Pettitt suffered broken ribs and a collapsed lung when he was allegedly shot by Timothy George Simpkins
  • His sister said bullet narrowly missed his aorta; She said it was 'one of the scariest mornings of my life'
  • Simpkins, a student at Timberview, was taken into custody by law enforcement officials on Wednesday
  • Three people were injured - two of them with gunshot wounds - in shooting at school on Wednesday morning
  • A 15-year-old student is in critical condition and is undergoing surgery, a 25-year old man is in good condition
  • A teenage girl suffered a small abrasion and is expected to be released from the hospital soon
  • Police launched manhunt for Simpkins, 18, who was driving in a 2018 Silver Dodge Charger when he fled
  • Simpkins was turned in to authorities after his attorney accompanied him to the police station
  • A .45 caliber gun was recovered along England Parkway in Grand Prairie, two miles away from the school
  • Following his arrest, Simpkins has been charged with multiple counts of aggravated assault with a gun
  • Mansfield Independent School District said school was locked down for two hours in active shooter situation
  • Investigators said Simpkins opened fire and wounded at least two after getting into a fight in a classroom
  • Police searching for the teenager surrounded a nearby home in Mansfield, Texas with their guns drawn ''
''Simpkins' mother reportedly claimed that her son was the victim of bullying''

I’m sure there are many reasons for this, not the least of which would be it insured he didn’t end up dead during the inevitable arrest.
That is very sadly true. And I am ashamed of myself for forgetting it.

I was wondering more if he had been in trouble before. But the attorney could have just been a family friend and it would absolutely be wise to do exactly that.

Timberview High School shooter arraigned as family say he was bullied | Daily Mail Online

Cint Wheat, his cousin, wrote in a Facebook post: 'At the end of the day my lil cousin was bullied. I don't know to feel about this he not no bad kid.'

Carol Harrison Lafayette, who said she's a relative speaking for the family, claimed that Simpkins had been targeted several times by 'robbers' at school and he was 'afraid.'

'He was robbed,' she told the Morning News. 'It was recorded. It happened not just once, it happened twice. He was scared, he was afraid.'

'There is no justification of anybody … being hurt,' she said, adding, 'We have to take a look at the fact that bullying is real. And it takes us all. And I do apologize. We ask as a family for forgiveness of any type of hurt.'

Many are questioning why the high school had no metal detectors to prevent students from bringing in firearms, but it is not common practice for school districts in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to use metal detectors.

In the ''good ole days'', if you were bullied, an older sibling often stepped in and put an end to it. As one of mine used to say, some people understand nothing less than a good kick in the head.
People cannot say boo these days, so it is best to say nothing to anyone because they might just shoot or stab you. Some may even purposely provoke you into a response so they can ''justify doing it, imo, speculation..

I think there is more to this story.
Yes, beginning to see this in quite a different light and i feel sorry for every single person involved, including the one who was wise and reasonable enough, to turn himself in, imo, speculation.
Family of Arlington school shooting suspect says he was robbed, bullied
''Later in the evening, Carol Harrison Lafayette, who said she’s a family member speaking for the family, said at the house that Simpkins was robbed before the attack happened.

“He was robbed,” she said. “It was recorded. It happened not just once, it happened twice. He was scared, he was afraid.”

“There is no justification of anybody … being hurt,” she said, adding, “We have to take a look at the fact that bullying is real. And it takes us all. And I do apologize. We ask as a family for forgiveness of any type of hurt.”

When asked at a news conference about bullying concerns some parents have voiced, Donald Williams, Mansfield ISD’s associate superintendent of communications, said that the district is conducting a full investigation of the shooting and its cause.''

Sigh :( Having a child in 11th grade, this worries me. Are kids so frail that a hand fight is not even thought of. Not saying that they deserve it for bullying, however shooting someone is not the answer. Yes, there are kids/adults who have lost complete control and you can't reason with them. Sorry rambling.
I hope everyone recovers.

Given the mention of bullying, I suspect he’s planning some kind of self-defense argument against the school for lack of supervision. I’m not making an argument as to the viability of that defense.

I’m not condoning violence, but one thing to consider is that, with the Internet, bullying often doesn’t end when the school day is over. In-person violence can be easier to coordinate, too - instead of “hey, let’s meet at 3pm at the flagpole” it can be a flurry of live messages noting someone’s location (and whether that person is alone). When bullying comes up, I often see comments about “well, back in my day…” but the ability to bully 24/7 via the Internet is new. JMO.

Sigh :( Having a child in 11th grade, this worries me. Are kids so frail that a hand fight is not even thought of. Not saying that they deserve it for bullying, however shooting someone is not the answer. Yes, there are kids/adults who have lost complete control and you can't reason with them. Sorry rambling.
I hope everyone recovers.

The shooter had the crap kicked out of him before this incident. I have seen the video and it was awful. I am not saying the gun was the correct solution. I am saying that being physically controlled by another person, having absolutely no ability to defend yourself or get away is very hard to deal with. I wish something had been done before this fight.

Link to the video you are referring to please?

The shooter had the crap kicked out of him before this incident. I have seen the video and it was awful. I am not saying the gun was the correct solution. I am saying that being physically controlled by another person, having absolutely no ability to defend yourself or get away is very hard to deal with. I wish something had been done before this fight.

There are a lot of questions that need to be addressed for a rational discussion here.
I look forward to hearing more facts.
With that said, I am astounded that a shooter who shot people on school grounds is released on a 75k bond. Pretty sure, that has never happened before, ever.

Link to the video you are referring to please?
Timberview High School shooter arraigned as family say he was bullied | Daily Mail Online

Cint Wheat, his cousin, wrote in a Facebook post: 'At the end of the day my lil cousin was bullied. I don't know to feel about this he not no bad kid.'

Carol Harrison Lafayette, who said she's a relative speaking for the family, claimed that Simpkins had been targeted several times by 'robbers' at school and he was 'afraid.'

'He was robbed,' she told the Morning News. 'It was recorded. It happened not just once, it happened twice. He was scared, he was afraid.'

'There is no justification of anybody … being hurt,' she said, adding, 'We have to take a look at the fact that bullying is real. And it takes us all. And I do apologize. We ask as a family for forgiveness of any type of hurt.'

Many are questioning why the high school had no metal detectors to prevent students from bringing in firearms, but it is not common practice for school districts in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to use metal detectors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRANNYINVESTIGATES
Back