TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The car definitely belonged to the suspect. He was the only one there, before MB arrived. So it had to be his car. If someone else had left their car in the parking lot, that car would have still been there after the police arrived. So they would have run the license plate and found out who it belonged to. It would have been easy for them to eliminate any unattended vehicle as belonging to the suspect.

As to what many here believe, that is not relevant. Those are people's opinions, not facts. And how well have these theories panned out? Don't you think that the investigators have read the opinions of posters in this thread, and investigated the possibilities?
So maybe you would link where the police say the (do you even know if it's a car) whatever it is showing in the back definitely belongs to the person dressed in SWAT gear? And that it doesn't belong to an accomplice or accomplices? And.... what makes you think the driver of said vehicle was the only one there when MB arrived? Could there have been others?

Unless you're with MPD, the perp, or an accomplice(s) of the perp, I don't see how you can be so definitive.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The car definitely belonged to the suspect. He was the only one there, before MB arrived. So it had to be his car. If someone else had left their car in the parking lot, that car would have still been there after the police arrived. So they would have run the license plate and found out who it belonged to. It would have been easy for them to eliminate any unattended vehicle as belonging to the suspect.

As to what many here believe, that is not relevant. Those are people's opinions, not facts. And how well have these theories panned out? Don't you think that the investigators have read the opinions of posters in this thread, and investigated the possibilities?

LE says in the press conference that a car is visible in the distance. They do not say which camera captured the car. It could have been an interior cam or an exterior cam - just because the exterior cams were malfunctioning doesn't mean that they weren't working at all.

He also doesn't say whether the car appears to be in the church parking lot or further away such as at the gun store. I'm not sure how possible it is for the shape and headlights of a car at SWFA to be picked up by the church's cameras or if movement that far away would even activate a camera.

But bottom line is we cannot say that the car mentioned in that one pressed is definitely the perp's vehicle. For all we know, a vehicle was left in the lot overnight.

It took me an hour to catch up on this thread. Missy's case is still getting interest. Like many of you, I also believe this thread is carefully read in Midlothian.

Thinking of Missy's girls tonight. Sometimes I wish we could do something for them. Just praying now.

I hope all WSers had a happy holiday week!

Which door did the medical examiner carry Missy's body out of? Are there photos of this?

Which door did the medical examiner carry Missy's body out of? Are there photos of this?
:welcome4:

JMHO, they most likely took out the SW doors possibly parked in front of or behind MB Ford F150. The front doors we see crime scene tape wrapped around. Again this just my honest opinion as we have had nothing about what time Coroner arrived or left. The first footage I have seen is the helicopter video and unsure what time that was. Per Capt Spann of CID, the scene was released around noon. It hard to believe this day of people taking videos with cell phones and such that no one did of anything that happen that morning. *just saying, odd* Could be due to time of morning and the storming and isolated area?

There is one ss posted I saw of a camper showing up and she saying that not sure what happened but cops/firetruck at church, but that was prior to it being taken down.

Also there have been a ton of unfriended on MB fb page. IIRC off top of my head she had 1860 friends and now has 1816. Honestly I can't blame some.

Again Welcome to the thread.

I'm still amazed at how quickly the murder scene was released and cleaned.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I'm still amazed at how quickly the murder scene was released and cleaned.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Agree 100% ! That makes me think they know ALOT MORE than we do. OR - there was NOTHING left to process - if so - that was very well planned.. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree 100% ! That makes me think they know ALOT MORE than we do. OR - there was NOTHING left to process - if so - that was very well planned.. JMHO

From yesterday:

'It's been eight painful months since the murder and either the Midlothian Police Department is closer to an arrest and just wants to remain quiet about it or there is something terribly wrong with the investigation.'

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20161226/brooks-2016-one-memorable-year

Hope for the best - as always.

-Nin

I noticed you refer to the perp being male. Where is that info coming from? When I asked LE they did not respond.

I believe that it was the position of LE that the suspect was male. Then when people here and elsewhere started to propagate the theory that the suspect was female, they backtracked, and said they could not be sure of the gender of the suspect.

I find the idea that the suspect was female, to be highly unlikely. But if that is your opinion, I respect it.

Regardless, I'm not sure what difference it makes. It's kind of sad that after all this time, this thread is still where it was nine months ago, debating the gender of the suspect.

LE says in the press conference that a car is visible in the distance. They do not say which camera captured the car. It could have been an interior cam or an exterior cam - just because the exterior cams were malfunctioning doesn't mean that they weren't working at all.

He also doesn't say whether the car appears to be in the church parking lot or further away such as at the gun store. I'm not sure how possible it is for the shape and headlights of a car at SWFA to be picked up by the church's cameras or if movement that far away would even activate a camera.

But bottom line is we cannot say that the car mentioned in that one pressed is definitely the perp's vehicle. For all we know, a vehicle was left in the lot overnight.

The investigators stated that they do not believe that the car that stopped at SWFA was the supects car. So I'm pretty sure that was not the location where the camera picked up the supects's car.

While police stress they don’t think the car in question is involved in Bever’s murder, they’d like to talk to the person/persons inside to see if they have any memory about that morning.

PD Still Searching For Suspect In Murder Of Fitness Instructor Missy Bevers

The investigators stated that they do not believe that the car that stopped at SWFA was the supects car. So I'm pretty sure that was not the location where the camera picked up the supects's car.

Unless I am mistaken, MPD has never stated that they don't think the Nissan was involved. They called it a "vehicle of interest" and were not sure if it was connected or not.

https://www.**************/3127839/...or-mystery-vehicle-a-2010-2012-nissan-altima/

:welcome4:

JMHO, they most likely took out the SW doors possibly parked in front of or behind MB Ford F150. The front doors we see crime scene tape wrapped around. Again this just my honest opinion as we have had nothing about what time Coroner arrived or left. The first footage I have seen is the helicopter video and unsure what time that was. Per Capt Spann of CID, the scene was released around noon. It hard to believe this day of people taking videos with cell phones and such that no one did of anything that happen that morning. *just saying, odd* Could be due to time of morning and the storming and isolated area?

There is one ss posted I saw of a camper showing up and she saying that not sure what happened but cops/firetruck at church, but that was prior to it being taken down.

Also there have been a ton of unfriended on MB fb page. IIRC off top of my head she had 1860 friends and now has 1816. Honestly I can't blame some.

Wasn't she pronounced deceased by a Justice of the Peace? If I recall correctly, they didn't even go out to the church but relied on the EMT's/LE to say no vitals? I remember thinking it was odd at the time since I am familiar with the Coroner usually going out to do this. But perhaps this is how it is done out in the "country" ?? Maybe someone more familiar with this knows more.

I believe that it was the position of LE that the suspect was male. Then when people here and elsewhere started to propagate the theory that the suspect was female, they backtracked, and said they could not be sure of the gender of the suspect.

I find the idea that the suspect was female, to be highly unlikely. But if that is your opinion, I respect it.

Regardless, I'm not sure what difference it makes. It's kind of sad that after all this time, this thread is still where it was nine months ago, debating the gender of the suspect.

Was just assuming it was more than an opinion as you seemed to take issue with that concept with other posters. I see that you are as much in the dark as everyone else here and do not know if perp is male or not.

Unless I am mistaken, MPD has never stated that they don't think the Nissan was involved. They called it a "vehicle of interest" and were not sure if it was connected or not.

https://www.**************/3127839/...or-mystery-vehicle-a-2010-2012-nissan-altima/

https://mobile.twitter.com/MidlothianPD/status/733682679669882880

IMO it's vague and leaves the door open that it may or may not be involved. In addition there was a person posting on same on 5/20 that they witnessed multiple LE units surrounding a light colored Nissan Altima "down 287". Later info that particular car/ person not involved. It did leave the impression that the Altima clue was deemed important at that time. JMOO

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post

Wasn't she pronounced deceased by a Justice of the Peace? If I recall correctly, they didn't even go out to the church but relied on the EMT's/LE to say no vitals? I remember thinking it was odd at the time since I am familiar with the Coroner usually going out to do this. But perhaps this is how it is done out in the "country" ?? Maybe someone more familiar with this knows more.

RBBM. You are correct it was JP. I too am use to either someone from Crime Lab or funeral home. I had forgotten about the JP until you said that. I not sure who would remove and transport to the Dallas Medical Examiners office though. Possibly a funeral home? JMHO
A woman was found dead inside the church with obvious trauma. Her body was taken to the Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office. http://www.11alive.com/news/mother-of-three-found-dead-inside-texas-church/141723296

The woman was declared dead at the scene by Ellis County Justice of the Peace Bill Woody. Due to Bevers' injuries, police are investigating her death as a homicide. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ho...-Dead-Inside-Midlothian-Church-376089631.html

:thinking: Not being familiar with Texas laws (we have JP here but I think it a bit different) So was an Inquest done in this case?

CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

TITLE 1. CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

CHAPTER 49. INQUESTS UPON DEAD BODIES

SUBCHAPTER A. DUTIES PERFORMED BY JUSTICES OF THE PEACE
Art. 49.01. DEFINITIONS. In this article:
(2) "Inquest" means an investigation into the cause and circumstances of the death of a person, and a determination, made with or without a formal court hearing, as to whether the death was caused by an unlawful act or omission.
(3) "Inquest hearing" means a formal court hearing held to determine whether the death of a person was caused by an unlawful act or omission and, if the death was caused by an unlawful act or omission, to obtain evidence to form the basis of a criminal prosecution.

Art. 49.03. POWERS AND DUTIES. The powers granted and duties imposed on a justice of the peace under this article are independent of the powers and duties of a law enforcement agency investigating a death.
Amended by Acts 1987, 70th Leg., ch. 529, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1987.

Art. 49.04. DEATHS REQUIRING AN INQUEST. (a) A justice of the peace shall conduct an inquest into the death of a person who dies in the county served by the justice if:

(4) the circumstances of the death indicate that the death may have been caused by unlawful means;

Art. 49.05. TIME AND PLACE OF INQUEST; REMOVAL OF PROPERTY AND BODY FROM PLACE OF DEATH. (a) A justice of the peace shall conduct an inquest immediately or as soon as practicable after the justice receives notification of the death.
(b) A justice of the peace may conduct an inquest:
(1) at the place where the death occurred;
(2) where the body was found; or
(3) at any other place determined to be reasonable by the justice.
(c) A justice of the peace may direct the removal of a body from the scene of death or move any part of the physical surroundings of a body only after a law enforcement agency is notified of the death and a peace officer has conducted an investigation or, if a law enforcement agency has not begun an investigation, a reasonable time has elapsed from the time the law enforcement agency was notified.
(d) A law enforcement agency that is notified of a death requiring an inquest under Article 49.04 of this code shall begin its investigation immediately or as soon as practicable after the law enforcement agency receives notification of the death.
(e) Except in emergency circumstances, a peace officer or other person conducting a death investigation for a law enforcement agency may not move the body or any part of the physical surroundings of the place of death without authorization from a justice of the peace.
(f) A person not authorized by law to move the body of a decedent or any part of the physical surroundings of the body commits an offense if the person tampers with a body that is subject to an inquest under Article 49.04 of this code or any part of the physical surroundings of the body. An offense under this section is punishable by a fine in an amount not to exceed $500.

Amended by Acts 1987, 70th Leg., ch. 529, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1987.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CR/htm/CR.49.htm

I wonder just how seriously this murder is being investigated. After all this time, I suspect that the motive means and killer are known, and that not informing the public is a political decision, much like the JB Ramsey case. JMO No sense in sullying the reputations of the self-described "righteous".JMO

My intuition says it's on a back burner.
Small town and no real motive to solve it. :(

Caught up a few days in my reading and a question popped into my head. Questions are good.

Local newspaper editor Scott Brooks reviewed the year and commented, “Either the Midlothian Police Department is closer to an arrest and just wants to remain quiet it or there is something terribly wrong with the investigation.” And he makes the promise, “To that end, you can expect us to become far more aggressive in compelling something to happen in 2017 if for no other reason than the three young girls who lost their mother deserve it.”

Also this week, a policeman in my original hometown was shot and I watched as an army(literally hundreds) of law enforcement from every agency in that area of the country IMMEDIATELY converged with every possible resource and maintained heavy pressure until the suspect and accomplices were flushed out.

And I was reminded earlier in this page, that law enforcement very quickly shut down the investigation of the crime scene and released it all back to the church; no POI or suspect had been identified (or even speculated, as far as we know).

And life soon went back to normal. And they tell us they have no POI, nosuspects, no gender, not sure of motive and a 5 inches height range (comprising about 30-40% of the human population) to go on. That’s it.

The capture rate on murder suspect in the general population has dropped from 90% in 1965 to 64% in 2012 (most recent year available).

While the capture for those that injure or kill law enforcement continues to climb well into the high 90’s.

So here is my question. If Missy Bevers was a deputy in the MPD. Or Ellis County. Would her killer be walking free today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0