TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the first we have known this???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, just looking at that info again. I don't know who's firearm was there. Anybody know?

Is this the first we have known this???

No. Is there anything that hasn't been talked over a million times? The dog was because the cops were trying to figure out why SP was at the church and thought maybe he was interrupted doing something more sinister and congregants were nervous. Missy had gun in her truck and LE drew weapons when searching the church so LE used that canned phrase to keep other into from being released.

OR..... it could be a cover-up by LE of the fact that they have been selling weapons previously confiscated.

I go for the first but who really knows.

I said it once & I'll say it again...Forget about the case for tonight...Pray for MB's daughters
without their mommy tonight. I highly doubt they're celebrating Christmas. One of her
daughters said, "I don't know how to live without my mI
I wish it was that simple, but it is not. Some of us might be driven by the fact MB is not with her daughters bc of a killer who snuffed out her life. For some of us it is not about a case it is about Missy and trying desperately to know why and WHO.

No. Is there anything that hasn't been talked over a million times? The dog was because the cops were trying to figure out why SP was at the church and thought maybe he was interrupted doing something more sinister and congregants were nervous. Missy had gun in her truck and LE drew weapons when searching the church so LE used that canned phrase to keep other into from being released.

OR..... it could be a cover-up by LE of the fact that they have been selling weapons previously confiscated.

Or (I forgot one) - corrupt LE officers were using previously confiscated weapons to kill anyone that might reveal their steroid selling operation.

Pick the explanation that best works with your existing theory and go with it.

Yeah, really no way to know exactly what firearm that serial number is linked to. Could be perps, could be hers, could be someone else. IMO

No, just looking at that info again. I don't know who's firearm was there. Anybody know?

Wow I don't remember this - was it hers possibly in truck??

The firearm was discussed a long time ago. It may have been Missy's gun, which some figured must have been in hercar. We wanted release of the 911 calls and Cannonball requested them. Those were not released, either, and that's when we learned about the exceptions of evidence that would not be divulged. There were early reports that MB was shot, which quickly disappeared, and we thought that if we could hear the 911 calls, maybe someone reported hearing a gunshot, or smelling gunshot, or at first look at Missy, THINKING her wounds were from (or one) a gunshot. So, it's still a mystery. If she was shot, and it had been with her own gun, we would have heard that. So if she was shot, its likely that they don't have the serial number of the gun that shot her....just the number of HER gun. JMO

I said it once & I'll say it again...Forget about the case for tonight...Pray for MB's daughters
without their mommy tonight. I highly doubt they're celebrating Christmas. One of her
daughters said, "I don't know how to live without my mI
I wish it was that simple, but it is not. Some of us might be driven by the fact MB is not with her daughters bc of a killer who snuffed out her life. For some of us it is not about a case it is about Missy and trying desperately to know why and WHO.

Agree I can't quit til the killer is caught!!

What's your opinion on why perp seems to be systematically opening doors prior to MB arriving? Is this something a military person might do when carrying out a raid or a SWAT team? If perp is looking for something/someone I get the opening of locked doors. If perp is opening doors to know where the victim is if she escapes him/her then opening a locked door wouldn't make much sense bc the victim wouldn't be able to access that room either IMO

I'm a tiny bit behind, I've been traveling, then doing holiday family stuff- I just saw this post and wanted to respond before I lost my train of thought (2:32am here) so this may have already been addressed. For me from the very first time I watched the surveillance videos I've wondered if SP was opening up all of the doors in an attempt to block the cameras from picking up movement as much as possible.

Quite a few threads back a member posted that the door SP was attempting to pry open was a cleaning storage closet. That specific post made me think back to the talk about SP possibly attempting to clean up...

I've also wondered if SP was breaking windows in the opposite side of the church to A. Practice their hammer swings. B. To have extra escape routes planned in advance just in case. C. To make it look like that was their point of entry or exit, while not thinking about how the glass would fall (inside or outside.)
I also feel like it may be a possibility that SP had a key to the church and did all the damage to the doors and windows hoping to fool LE.

Tonight I was thinking about the camera systems, and I was wondering if the person with camera duty could have possibly been monitoring or stalking Missy through backed up surveillance videos, like keeping tabs on her activities after she had already left for the day. That could also explain how the perp seemed to know her schedule so well and the ins and outs of both indoor and outdoor camera systems.

Just some thoughts. Moo.
Off to play catch up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

So ya think the perp killed Missy because she startled them?

I doubt that.

No vandalism nor burglary for 30 minutes says it all. Jmo.
How do we know there was no vandalism for 30 minutes?

Wysłane z mojego LG-K120 przy użyciu Tapatalka

How easy if the whole event had been that simple..........
The simplest explanarions usually work the best.

Wysłane z mojego LG-K120 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Yeah, really no way to know exactly what firearm that serial number is linked to. Could be perps, could be hers, could be someone else. IMO

I should also add that a couple of deputies had been arrested for selling confiscated weapons around the time of Missy's murder. I don't remember the exact details, though.

Tonight I was thinking about the camera systems, and I was wondering if the person with camera duty could have possibly been monitoring or stalking Missy through backed up surveillance videos, like keeping tabs on her activities after she had already left for the day. That could also explain how the perp seemed to know her schedule so well and the ins and outs of both indoor and outdoor camera systems.

Excellent line of thought -- were the cameras maintained by church members/church staff, or a contract security company?

Who all had access?
What is stored -- everything, or samples?
Where were the video images stored, in the church or off-site?
When are images dumped/released/erased?
How does this church make decisions about the camera system?

Hope LE has answers to these questions....

:seeya:

What fool would take the chance that all cameras inside and out were not working? There is a sign at the beginning of the church drive to indicate the church is under video surveillance.

Had the cameras outside been working, what a sight that would have been, watching SP trying "to get into the building".

I'm beginning to think it was someone knowledgeable about the workings of the cameras inside and out. And someone who knew exactly where the camp was going to take place on that very rainy morning and exactly where MB would go.

She died from a blow to the head. Would she have gone down immediately? Were the puncture wounds to her head and chest inflicted after the blow to the head?

Did SP leave some sort of blood trail away from the crime scene back to the kitchen? It would have made more sense had he exited out of the NW doors. And then go back to the kitchen from the outside to retrieve what he had left there? I can't help but think he had a poncho of some sort to keep him/her dry while he/she was outside fighting the doors. SP looked pretty well put together once he exited the kitchen into the North hallway.

Does anyone know the length of the main hallway? In one of the pictures it looks very long.
It's hard to judge but it would be helpful to know that.

Do the cameras indicate when they are recording? That may be what he was doing stopping at all the doors. Trying to discern where and what causes the cameras to begin recording? SP would have known what areas were "safe" to kill Missy.

What with the "change" of scene (for me anyway) it offers different theories and possibilities.

It could have been someone very familiar with the workings of the church, or someone very clever to figure where the best kill site would be and out of camera range.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

What fool would take the chance that all cameras inside and out were not working? There is a sign at the beginning of the church drive to indicate the church is under video surveillance.

Had the cameras outside been working, what a sight that would have been, watching SP trying "to get into the building".

He didn't care if the cameras were working or not. Do you think he was worried about people seeing his SWAT costume on video?

He didn't care if the cameras were working or not. Do you think he was worried about people seeing his SWAT costume on video?
Yes, but had the cameras outside been working, we'd probably know how he arrived and departed. Car or by foot. Did SP have an accomplice. Not only that, but I think SP was not completely in his/her SWAT outfit then when he/she was outside.

Yes, but had the cameras outside been working, we'd probably know how he arrived and departed. Car or by foot. Did SP have an accomplice. Not only that, but I think SP was not completely in his/her SWAT outfit then when he/she was outside.

This is why the sp was in the kitchen a lot. He/she was changing in there. JMO

Agree I can't quit til the killer is caught!!

I was so reminded about this case on Christmas eve at our church. While waking the hallways in an isolated area to retrieve stuff for a youth group i realized what fear Missy went through when approached by the sp. I really thought churches would be immune from violence but no place really is. so sad for her girls.

We know how he arrived. The video picked up his car in the parking lot. But it was too far away from the camera to identify it. Even if it hadn't picked up his car, the church is in the middle of nowhere. He didn't walk there.

And the last part is just your opinion. I have seen no reports that say he wasn't in his SWAT disguise, when he arrived.

I was so reminded about this case on Christmas eve at our church. While waking the hallways in an isolated area to retrieve stuff for a youth group i realized what fear Missy went through when approached by the sp. I really thought churches would be immune from violence but no place really is. so sad for her girls.

Interesting I walked into church Christmas Eve and felt fear as well. For some reason- very weird - they had animated people on the church monitors! Very similar to the ones done here. It must be a program? No clue why the would have that on the church camera - but it was like the congregation going into sanctuary but were only like the outlines- eery!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member