TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could just be moisture on the camera lens. Or on the car window. But then again, I look at the pics on my phone and maybe can't see what you guys are seeing on larger screens.

I'll say this, though. Regardless of what MPD says, the chances of the Altima not being related at all have to be low. As you have pointed out, SWFA in the video comments stated that a car in their parking lot at that time of night was very unusual. And then obviously A very unusual murder occurred a few hours later at a neighboring structure.

So these two very unusual events occurred the same night, two hours apart, and are not at all related? Come on.
Yep. At some point some of these coincidences need to be considered clues.

They really do! Which makes me think SP must have had a great advantage on the initial attack! There's no way I'd be that confident in shoes too big for me, especially in that situation. It's puzzling.
I wonder if maybe perp removed the "shoes" beforehand and grabbed them before tearing out the door.
Or maybe left them behind?!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

It's been my belief all along that LE was referring to SWFA video, not church video, when they said they had a glimpse of a car but no make or model. I think they could 'see' headlights turn into the church lot before Missy's arrival. They know which were Missy's headlights bc they have her on internal church cameras shortly after. They prob know exactly what time SP arrived and pulled out of the COC lot.
One would hope that is the case. I am not completely sold on that. However they should know when each of the campers arrived before Missy was discovered.

Maybe, SP is not the murderer himself but his accomplice stumbling along with clown shoes (I don't recognize them as such :) ).
Could be :smile: I never really bought the more than one person being involved scenario but I think I'm starting to lean more that way now :waitasec:

I wonder if maybe perp removed the "shoes" beforehand and grabbed them before tearing out the door.

If they left something like that behind there should be a reasonable chance to have DNA. But I don't think they left anything like that behind.

That's a really good thought! I mean SP had a bit of time to be able to get into position and maybe take their shoes off for a better advantage point.

The more and more you think about everything the possibilities just seem endless.

attachment.php

How does the light totally hide 100% of the license plate?

If anything it should show something. Especially since it's dark out. Now I have driven behind people at night and never had a problem viewing the license plate in front of me that is waiting at the stop light.

Plus wouldn't the gun store cameras be effective enough to catch a license plate of a car that is sitting right there?

Missy was not bludgeoned, she was not stabbed. She was shot with a .22 caliber pistol. The unique thing about .22 rounds is that they have the speed to enter someone's body, but lack the density to exit. Additionally, when they hit their target, they do not mushroom like a 9mm or larger caliber round. They shatter into hundreds of minute lead fragments, making it virtually impossible for ballistics to confirm the exact type of round used.

I played with the video on some pretty high end video software and couldn't get the license plate in focus. I'm guessing that rain interferes with the auto focus. Dark doesn't help.

How does the light totally hide 100% of the license plate?

If anything it should show something. Especially since it's dark out. Now I have driven behind people at night and never had a problem viewing the license plate in front of me that is waiting at the stop light.

Plus wouldn't the gun store cameras be effective enough to catch a license plate of a car that is sitting right there?

They probably could read the plate. Here are some reasons why that might not have IDd the owner IMO
1837c503c18a43a0d1a78ed988890080.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missy was not bludgeoned, she was not stabbed. She was shot with a .22 caliber pistol. The unique thing about .22 rounds is that they have the speed to enter someone's body, but lack the density to exit. Additionally, when they hit their target, they do not mushroom like a 9mm or larger caliber round. They shatter into hundreds of minute lead fragments, making it virtually impossible for ballistics to confirm the exact type of round used.

First post, Twiggy. Thanks for joining the conversation. If the ME can't tell and LE isn't saying, how do you know that?

How do you know this? Just saying, casket was closed for a reason...JMO

I played with the video on some pretty high end video software and couldn't get the license plate in focus. I'm guessing that rain interferes with the auto focus. Dark doesn't help.
Also, we are working from compressed frames generated to make the video for youtube. The raw files that SWFA likely has should be of much better quality i.e. less loss of detail. It would be nice if they could make those available.

So are you perhaps saying in addition to being beaten/ stabbed with tools MB was ALSO shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of all the gruesome, sad, violent things we read on WS....and this video of a car driving around gives me the creeps! Go figure.

If it turns out to be someone sitting in her car eating Taco Bell after a late-night shift, I will feel silly for being spooked by this video.
Just another thought...probably thought or mentioned already. Perhaps, this driver was set up to meet someone here (to get suspicion on them and their car) but because it was a setup the person was a no show?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Could be :smile: I never really bought the more than one person being involved scenario but I think I'm starting to lean more that way now :waitasec:

Re those shoes : there is a shot of the boots in the final frame of the video. They look to fit well, and they look like regular lace up boots. Perhaps either the camera is distorting the images, or there were two perps. Possibly the camera angle also distorts the whole SP image at times. jmo

Thanks Jethro for the video...I am behind on this..What time was the video recorded in relation to the time of the murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaNaP_2019