TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You added the "in your truck" part. Some would argue that if you walk in at 4:18 and go in the direction of the suspect location and are not seen again, that the wording might apply. It's also problematic that the cameras didn't pick up movement by either MB or the perp - kinda hard to reconcile if two live bodies are moving around in there at the same time for any length of time.

But as the mod said - agree to disagree and move on.

I totally agree .... move on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got to thinking about this: it struck me that this perp seems very familiar with where security cameras are. He/she certainly knew how to avoid them when entering/leaving and where to encounter MB without being seen on video. Could it be possible his/her line of work revolved around setting up security systems?

Cannonball3804 said:
In the Fox4News story, it says "the affidavit says Missy was in the church for about 30 minutes." The affidavit does not say that..

What the news station stated is not inconsistent with any known affidavit. The LE has repeatedly explained they do not have video of the murder taking place - that means no one knows whether she was murdered 30 seconds or 30 minutes after being last filmed at approximately 4:20.

Cannonball is correct. The news station's opinion about what happened is "possible" to have been true. But their citation of the affidavit is not. When they say the affidavit said such and such, when it does not, then that's simply wrong information. The affidavit does not anywhere state that Missy was in the church for 30 minutes before she was attacked.

Points I'm still pondering

1) Anytime Fitness Gym Manager Marc Garcia states that in the past few weeks prior to her murder something seems to have been bothering MB. She was reserved and "didn't seem like herself. What was troubling her from the end of March/beginning of April that caused her to be reserved? We know she received a 'creepy and strange message' from a man on LinkdIn that she didn't know because she showed her friend. Was that it?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/family-...exas-church-murder-victim-terri-missy-bevers/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/docs-ch...issy-bevers-received-creepy-linkedin-message/

2) I believe that SP's car was at Creekside that day, based on his/her seeming lack of fear regarding risk taking. I believe SP's theory to be the best place to hide a thing is in plain sight in this case. Where did he go next? It seems he would have a need to get changed into different clothing, change cars, and finalize an alibi. Perhaps getting home or to work or to a third location to be seen. Where? Surely he could count on the commotion to drive away without notice. But it's difficult to outrun a police radio. He would need to change quickly.

3) MPD stated they didn't understand what SP was doing in the church wandering around like that. My theory is that is because they knew it wasn't a burglary, and they knew whether the person was wearing legit SWAT gear or not. They also know if that was LE behavior or not. I don't feel MPD was fooled. I also have a very high degree of confidence that they have dealt with enough domestic issues that they would know if BB was involved in this-even tangentially. (Or close family for that matter) All that said, red flags and hinky meters just won't let me abandon my curiosity on this point.

You added the "in your truck" part. Some would argue that if you walk in at 4:18 and go in the direction of the suspect location and are not seen again, that the wording might apply. It's also problematic that the cameras didn't pick up movement by either MB or the perp - kinda hard to reconcile if two live bodies are moving around in there at the same time for any length of time.

But as the mod said - agree to disagree and move on.

It's from the MPD's timeline. I'd urge you to read it.

But as the mod said - agree to disagree and MOVE ON.

I do not post often on this thread but I'd like to say something in response to the killer appearing to be too calm. I followed the Jodi Arias case. She had sex with the poor man before murdering him shortly afterwards. She had only a few minutes in which to murder him (she could have killed him hours prior but chose not to), clean up and get away. She did it in a most savage way. And it was a premeditated murder.

My opinion on the possible suspect in this case might not be too popular but I saw red flags right away when this case first appeared on the news. Too many "coincidences" and red flags.

I do agree with red flags also. Naturally, we have women that kill often. My only point on this murder is it's the first time I have watched a killer on video. With Jodi, she wasn't on camera so I didn't see how she was acting before the murder and she was also arrested very soon after the murder. Since she did have sex before the murder, its obvious that she's a very cold blooded manipulative woman and she could have been very calm also. I do believe woman are capable of killing without any emotion. However in this case, I believe a woman would have made a few mistakes ....BUT it still may very well be a woman. Thanks!!

Points I'm still pondering

1) Anytime Fitness Gym Manager Marc Garcia states that in the past few weeks prior to her murder something seems to have been bothering MB. She was reserved and "didn't seem like herself

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/family-...exas-church-murder-victim-terri-missy-bevers/

2) I believe that SP's car was at Creekside that day, based on his/her seeming lack of fear regarding risk taking. I believe SP's theory to be the best place to hide a thing is in plain sight in this case. Where did he go next? It seems he would have a need to get changed into different clothing, change cars, and finalize an alibi. Perhaps getting home or to work or to a third location to be seen. Where? Surely he could count on the commotion to drive away without notice. But it's difficult to outrun a police radio. He would need to change quickly.

3) MPD stated they didn't understand what SP was doing in the church wandering around like that. My theory is that is because they knew it wasn't a burglary, and they knew whether the person was wearing legit SWAT gear or not. They also know if that was LE behavior or not. They alsI don't feel MPD was fooled. I also have a very high degree of confidence that they have dealt with enough domestic issues that they would know if BB was involved in this-even tangentially. (Or close family for that matter) All that said, red flags and hi nky meters just won't let me abandon my curiosity on this point.

She had even stopped going to the gym for the last 2 weeks before the murder - again, something completely out of character for her.

"Missy goes to this gym practically every day for three straight years. But suddenly, she quits cold turkey two weeks before she is murdered. Do I have my facts straight?

JUSTIN FREIMAN: You do. And they also say she was acting a bit differently the weeks prior to her murder."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1605/11/ng.01.html

I got to thinking about this: it struck me that this perp seems very familiar with where security cameras are. He/she certainly knew how to avoid them when entering/leaving and where to encounter MB without being seen on video. Could it be possible his/her line of work revolved around setting up security systems?

Very interesting ... ! Great point

when some one is full of rage brewing from their own personal reasons, anything is possible. I am scared of extreme heights but i will endure my fear if I am pushed to it....JMO

Very true!

I don't think any of this presented any great difficulty. He would walk away, go out to his car, and drive up the driveway. Perhaps he would take the headgear off while he entered the car, perhaps he shed it in the driveway as he paused to enter 287. He's expecting a class to begin at 5, so he has plenty of time to put distance between himself and the crime scene. In 2 minutes he's already 2 miles away in either direction, far from anyone that arrives later, and by the time the body was discovered and the cops arrived he could have been in Fort Worth or Ennis or Dallas or Hillsboro or who knows where in between.

I was thinking that maybe the space could possibly be the stylized M of the Pure Michigan plate. Is the very bottom of the plate obscured? like under a plate holder or something. All the Pure Michigan plates have some sort of printing at the bottom.

attachment.php

This one stood out to me as well.

In another case I followed, I emailed a reporter who had facts wrong. The article was corrected, but I never heard anything back. I think they move on to the next story....while we watch the video 5000 times and analyze brake lights.

jmo
LOL, I've also emailed reporter before to point out an inaccurate statement and received an email thanking me.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I don't think any of this presented any great difficulty. He would walk away, go out to his car, and drive up the driveway. Perhaps he would take the headgear off while he entered the car, perhaps he shed it in the driveway as he paused to enter 287. He's expecting a class to begin at 5, so he has plenty of time to put distance between himself and the crime scene. In 2 minutes he's already 2 miles away in either direction, far from anyone that arrives later, and by the time the body was discovered and the cops arrived he could have been in Fort Worth or Ennis or Dallas or Hillsboro or who knows where in between.
Another one of my personal theories is that SP took a certain pleasure in killing MB. In that light, I think (s)he reacted much the same as an arsonist typically might. I think SP wanted to see the chaos created by the discovery of the body. I think pleasure and satisfaction were derived from the frenzy, the sirens, the responders. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn at trial that SP returned to watch, even if only briefly, the havoc he created and savor the moment.

I do not post often on this thread but I'd like to say something in response to the killer appearing to be too calm. I followed the Jodi Arias case. She had sex with the poor man before murdering him shortly afterwards. She had only a few minutes in which to murder him (she could have killed him hours prior but chose not to), clean up and get away. She did it in a most savage way. And it was a premeditated murder.

My opinion on the possible suspect in this case might not be too popular but I saw red flags right away when this case first appeared on the news. Too many "coincidences" and red flags.

And the "winner" is........drum roll........curious!!!!!

[video]https://youtu.be/vK-VrD-5dPQ[/video]
Here is the first BB interview with Richard Ray but no mention of the car tags.

I find it somewhat poetic that the only prolonged stationary shot of the vehicle at SWFA is ~4 minutes long, and it's parked directly in the middle of a large water blob on the camera lens, making it almost completely unusable..

I agree.

JMO
When I first saw the inside footage of the perp I found it a little too coincidental that it seemed to be highly edited to only give us a few captures. The ones provided did not seem as helpful as it could have been if they were to have provided an unedited version that would flow better so we could see more of the natural movements of the perp as they move from one place to the next.

The impression it left me was that there is more footage that would have helped more. At a minimum there should have been more of just the clips they did provide.

I do understand that sometimes there are valid reasons why things are not shown to the public. But in cases where they "appear" to want the public's help I have to question why the editing was done the way it was in this particular case.

It almost gave me the impression they know exactly who is on that video and was just throwing out something to appease the public.

I do agree with red flags also. Naturally, we have women that kill often. My only point on this murder is it's the first time I have watched a killer on video. With Jodi, she wasn't on camera so I didn't see how she was acting before the murder and she was also arrested very soon after the murder. Since she did have sex before the murder, its obvious that she's a very cold blooded manipulative woman and she could have been very calm also. I do believe woman are capable of killing without any emotion. However in this case, I believe a woman would have made a few mistakes ....BUT it still may very well be a woman. Thanks!!

And the "winner" is........drum roll........curious!!!!!

I actually think it was a man...hard to tell from the video but to me, it appears to be a man. It's hard to imagine anyone appearing so casual before committing such a brutal murder. I don't want to get into depth about the possible suspect since it might still be against the rules here. The motive I think might have been the possibility of divorce/money issues. Might have been a hired gun.

This is one of the strangest cases I've read about. I cannot wait until they find the murderer and somehow I believe that they will. Some cases take time...the bodies of Laci and her baby (in the Scott Peterson case) were found months later. They found Caylee's body several months later as well. Erin Corwin was amazingly found in one of those mines...the chances of that were miniscule. In this case, we're talking about finding the murderer rather than the victim but somehow I believe that this case will be solved. Let's hope for it and keep these discussions going!

above quote snipped by me for brevity

We can all interpret things differently, but the way I read it and from the actual warrant, Missy was "in the church for @ 30 (to 45) minutes" to set up for the workout session -- but that does not indicate she was alive that entire time.

From warrant as it appears via Scrivd: https://www.scribd.com/doc/311488054/Terri-Missy-Bevers-Warrant
[as seen on video] At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video.

She was ONLY seen on video at 0418.

I definitely agree if Missy was still setting up she would have been seen making multiple trips to her vehicles and back into the church for the equipment they would use.

This timeline from Midlothian Police may be helpful to some posters: (see my attached screenshot)
https://www.facebook.com/1950470073...1462364174./10154082916172359/?type=3&theater

Jmho MB could have went in at 4:18 and out and back in at 4:20 which is what the Official Timeline as in your ss shows.. IWe haven't been told why there is discrepancy there unless she did go out and reenter. Or they rounded the time as the did with the "approximately ten till four" time

[video]https://youtu.be/vK-VrD-5dPQ[/video]
Here is the first BB interview with Richard Ray but no mention of the car tags.

The car tags were mentioned in the interview with BB and his dad outside the MPD following Shirtgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member