TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there wasn't seemingly so much going on with that vehicle at the SWFA, I wouldn't bother posting any more pics..I could certainly spend my time wiser. ;--)

Having said that, look at this image and tell me, the passenger seat isn't a) empty and b) possibly moved forward seat and/or backrest. That means, that any passenger - if there is indeed a passenger (or pet, pig, goat etc..)
would be located in the back of the car.

Something of light color behind the passenger seat.

Also, the interior upholstery looks very dark here. I understand lighting, rain and movement do its share, still, just an observation especially since you see that lighter object in contrast to the dark interior:

attachment.php

-Nin

Great job. I agree something is there for sure. Whether a person or the outfit clothes piled up with a helmet on top or possibly the seat moved a certain way it sure is something there.

I wondered about the rear view mirror possibly blocking out more of the top part of the blacker area. Could the blackish parts be even taller than it is and maybe the rear view mirror is blocking some of it.

Great job with the pic.

It looks to me like the windshield was fogged up, and the driver turned on defrost. This frame was captured while there was still condensation on the front window. Maybe?

Yes, Peach, it may be fogged glass. Besides, the driver does not use the windshield wiper blades to wipe the rainwater away so it flows creating a blurred vision. Altima Driver must want condensation on the interior and the rainwater flowing down the glass if not using the wipers. There has to be some other factor involved since we cannot clearly see the tags, the face, the ....

Really all I've been able to see clearly are the red lights from the radio inside of the Altima. What about the oval bumper sticker? It barely shows in the new images I've seen thus far.

The weather seems to have worked in favor of the lucky SP. SP makes me want to make these boots kickers and not dancers.

Couple things.
1. Is it possible if 2 people were moving at once on the camera it wouldn't record since it could only record one at a time?

2. In that pic of the car it doesn't look as if the seats leaned forward to me it looks as if the seats are light in color and that's a person sitting in the passengers seat...

3. I don't know DNA stuff but wouldn't this had to have been SPs first time wearing and opening the outfit or else it'd be covered in DNA from them/their house/etc?

LE always keeps something huge like that from the public. A shot was rumored in the beginning and I just never let go of it after the bomb sniffing experts covered the scene.

But they said she was killed with a tool. A TOOL. And that there was a fight. So you suggest the perp had a gun, but preferred to go in hand to hand combat with Missy and to get smeared in blood, instead of killing her fast and clean? Sorry, that has no sense.

Wysłane z mojego LG-K120 przy użyciu Tapatalka

But they said she was killed with a tool. A TOOL. And that there was a fight. So you suggest the perp had a gun, but preferred to go in hand to hand combat with Missy and to get smeared in blood, instead of killing her fast and clean? Sorry, that has no sense.

I heard very gruesome details in beginning and who knows if it's true so I'm not going to explain myself...but, needless to say I heard there was a gun used along with tools. ETA: We won't know the truth until trial probably. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple things.
1. Is it possible if 2 people were moving at once on the camera it wouldn't record since it could only record one at a time?

2. In that pic of the car it doesn't look as if the seats leaned forward to me it looks as if the seats are light in color and that's a person sitting in the passengers seat...

3. I don't know DNA stuff but wouldn't this had to have been SPs first time wearing and opening the outfit or else it'd be covered in DNA from them/their house/etc?
For the first question the answer is yes, it is possible. Many of the cheaper systems made at the time the church was built work just like that - only one camera can send frames to the server that holds recordings at a time. I suspect that is the case with the system in use at Creekside.

As for the second question I believe people are seeing many things when they are viewing the video and/or frames of the video. So far, I don't believe that there has been any established consistency of even a small set of frames covering, say, a period as short as a few seconds that could indicate another person in that vehicle. I can't say that there isn't another person, but only that I haven't seen it. We have seen various things that only appear in a few frames and in real time would happen so fast that I wonder if it is physically possible rather than an anomaly or we just can't recover evidence of its existence in prior or after frames due to various factors of light, angles, etc.

For the third question, that is an excellent observation. While I wouldn't expect it to be "covered" in evidence, there is not a way to really avoid transfer of, say, pet hair or dander, to any large degree unless it had never been unpackaged/uncovered anywhere within a home or even a vehicle. So there is the opportunity for MPD to obtain some information - even if it can't point to anyone specifically - about SP. And there are other possibilities as well. For example, it is possible for a leaf to have been stuck to the bottom of one of SP's boots that ended up being left behind somewhere but there are no trees of that kind on the property or near the property but might be found elsewhere. One would hope that MPD has recovered some physical evidence at the scene that could have come from no other source but SP even if it can't be used to identify a specific person.

In the search warrants they have said, in the earliest one, killed by an unknown instrument. In the next set it was the victim had puncture wounds consistent with tools SP was seen having and in the later ones they made no mention of that whatsoever. At no time did MPD ever express a cause of death or identify a murder weapon and at the 5/20 press conference they were asked about cause of death and MPD refused to release that saying it gave them a strategic advantage not to do so.

What I will point out is that at some point on Tuesday after the murder they would have known the true cause of death and the instrument that caused it. In all warrants after the autopsy they stop talking about puncture wounds and the like in any affidavits. It isn't necessary to include such things so it doesn't mean anything in and of itself but at the same time they couldn't say anything in the sworn affidavits if they have come to learn it is no longer true. So, it is something to keep in mind.

I heard very gruesome details in beginning and who knows if it's true so I'm not going to explain myself...but, needless to say I heard there was a gun used along with tools. ETA: We won't know the truth until trial probably. JMO

If MPD really has no one at all in their sights, then I would hope we might get some of this information because it will tell us more about who SP might be or might just spark someone who knows of or knows SP personally (but doesn't know they are SP) to provide a tip. Especially if there is any unusual aspects to Missy's actual killing and the immediate aftermath.

It looks to me like the windshield was fogged up, and the driver turned on defrost. This frame was captured while there was still condensation on the front window. Maybe?

Yes, maybe. Or perhaps even "probably." The humidity in the air was at about 100%..

I recently reviewed the first LE press conference after the murder. It really helped clarify some of the details after all these months. When Spann answers questions in the latter part he describes the perp clothing in detail. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8

Thanks for uploading this video. It is interesting that Spann says it looks like SP is wearing BDU style pants. Maybe that was his first quick impression but in this pic I’ve attached, it looks like SP is wearing black stockings or tights w/ shorts and shin guards. Not sure if it’s relevant…

Editing to note I can't seem to upload pics to my posts. But if you look at video between 1:15 and 1:18, you can see it.

That's a good thought. If this car is truly unrelated, then the windshield fogging up might be the reason that they pulled into the parking lot in the first place.

I actually think it was a man...hard to tell from the video but to me, it appears to be a man. It's hard to imagine anyone appearing so casual before committing such a brutal murder. I don't want to get into depth about the possible suspect since it might still be against the rules here. The motive I think might have been the possibility of divorce/money issues. Might have been a hired gun.

This is one of the strangest cases I've read about. I cannot wait until they find the murderer and somehow I believe that they will. Some cases take time...the bodies of Laci and her baby (in the Scott Peterson case) were found months later. They found Caylee's body several months later as well. Erin Corwin was amazingly found in one of those mines...the chances of that were miniscule. In this case, we're talking about finding the murderer rather than the victim but somehow I believe that this case will be solved. Let's hope for it and keep these discussions going!

Agreed. I think it’s a man because of the stance, chest out when walking a lot of times, swinging the hammer like he’s used to it, etc. Also, I don’t see a woman pulling off a break-in like this person did unless a person helped her, of course. I also agree it might take more time but that there will be an arrest. I read about a husband who lived in South Carolina and his wife lived in Maryland (not sure why) - anyway, the husband left his phone in SC so he couldn’t be tracked and drove to MD and shot her. However, it took 14 months for an arrest. He eventually did something on his phone that triggered LE’s interest and led to an arrest. I guess they had a warrant to “bug” his phone? Not saying that’s what happened or will happen in this case, but just an example of it taking time.

Why wouldn't police say she was
shot? But the laser thing you bring up is interesting. Perhaps SP blinded her w/ a bright light (laser),
disoriented her and then hit her on the head. ???

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

One thing I have always thought that SP used a stun gun first...I think a gun is possible too but because of the type of killing, I don't think SP wanted her dead right away, therefore, the stun gun stands out to me more.

Great pic! Agreed on both accounts. I think the passenger seat looks empty and reclined forward in some way. Also interesting in this pic is the driver's hand. If you look at the hand on the steering wheel, it appears the person is wearing long sleeves as there seems to be a clear demarcation between the white hand and a black shirt. What is odd about this is that I swear on other parts of the video you can see the full white arm of the driver.

That definitely could be a hand on the steering wheel, but keep in mind that in Texas the registration sticker would be at that approximate location.

Why wouldn't police say she was
shot? But the laser thing you bring up is interesting. Perhaps SP blinded her w/ a bright light (laser),
disoriented her and then hit her on the head. ???

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The police have said the cause of death is something only they and the murderer would know.

"A Midlothian police spokesman said in a statement they will not be commenting further on the affidavits -- especially not about the cause of Missy's death or mechanism of injury. They said it is information only the killer would know."

http://www.fox4news.com/news/136850559-story

I am going to post two frames from the video of what appears to be the same vehicle on 287. The first frame shows the vehicle heading southbound and the second shows the vehicle heading northbound. It appears to be a flat bed tow truck. You can watch this on the video with the truck going southbound from approximately the 1:00-1:05 mark and the truck going northbound at approximately the 2:41-2:45 mark. I would just let the video flow rather than just jump to those times but just be aware of the time so you can watch and see it yourself.

It is possible it is not the same vehicle. But if it is I wonder if MPD contacted any towing companies to see if any of their drivers recalled seeing that Altima in the SWFA lot.
Thoughts?

Southbound.

attachment.php

Northbound.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Frame001964.jpg
    Frame001964.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 331
  • Frame004917.jpg
    Frame004917.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 330
Thanks, Jethro.
I can see the church and lights in the upper right hand corner of the first shot
It seems the truck made the U-turn and headed back north, so maybe he's responding to a call and overshot.
Makes me hope MPD and others very closely reviewed the videos. There seems to be a great deal of information and detail in them.

Today I was stopped at a red light. The driver to my right was a young man wearing a dark colored hoodie sweatshirt jacket with the hoodie over his head. The hoodie obscured his hair, forehead, ear, and half his face as seen from the side. I would not wear a hood on my head in the car, but that's me.

Not regarding the SP in CoC, but regarding the Altima driver and those who see long dark hair or a black balaclava perhaps with the face part pulled down under their chin - could the driver be wearing a hoodie over their head and zipped up or even tied under the chin because of the rain?

Just a thought...

Yes, and it could have been a shadow. I think a lot of things people think they are seeing in the car are shadows (or reflections and distortion from parking lot lights and rain). That’s why I’m not even trying to interpret who or what is in the car.

Thanks, Jethro.
I can see the church and lights in the upper right hand corner of the first shot
It seems the truck made the U-turn and headed back north, so maybe he's responding to a call and overshot.
Makes me hope MPD and others very closely reviewed the videos. There seems to be a great deal of information and detail in them.
I hope they took advantage of all the possible information available in the SWFA video. No real way of knowing that, of course. And if they hadn't, at least in terms of talking to towing companies, then it might be far too late to do that due to elapsed time from the event and it would be a missed opportunity.

In the search warrants they have said, in the earliest one, killed by an unknown instrument. In the next set it was the victim had puncture wounds consistent with tools SP was seen having and in the later ones they made no mention of that whatsoever. At no time did MPD ever express a cause of death or identify a murder weapon and at the 5/20 press conference they were asked about cause of death and MPD refused to release that saying it gave them a strategic advantage not to do so.

What I will point out is that at some point on Tuesday after the murder they would have known the true cause of death and the instrument that caused it. In all warrants after the autopsy they stop talking about puncture wounds and the like in any affidavits. It isn't necessary to include such things so it doesn't mean anything in and of itself but at the same time they couldn't say anything in the sworn affidavits if they have come to learn it is no longer true. So, it is something to keep in mind.

Something I have been thinking about.
We (General Public) are " assuming " what "first camper" or anyone else arriving during time campers who found MB saw. Anyone arriving that storming/rainy morning during time campers were finding MB would not think anything possibly of a vehicle leaving. There would definitely be a lot of confusion and emotionally charged atmosphere there.

We (WS) thanks to documents Cannonball got when he did FOIA to MPD. From those, we learned many things if you read them. One is that MPD and Pros asked Attorney General about not releasing various things to Media. 2 being 911 calls and incident reports written. We also do not have privilege of seeing any/or witness statements and their contents. Those statements could have a lot of information for sure. And each one is what that witness or person on scene within a certain time frame saw or heard so forth. Not only those who found MB. And they try to keep witnesses especially those who found separated from one another as to get each one statement from each view. There may be more information in those statements than even something possibly said to others by witnesses later. Jmho if Suspect had known MB routine, as planned as it appears to have been.. jmho the existing would have been planned as well. Knowing others would be arriving and that a strategy as well. From time campers went into building til Fire department arrival was about 10 minutes. Much confusion and fear and emotions, would work right into the Suspects plan. So far seems to have worked. Many times you don't notice things if not looking for. Especially on a storming dark early morning..one that to you is a normal day otherwise.

Also MPD said they are not revealing the Mechanism of Death, that that is something that only the Killer would know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper