TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that logically you would think someone would want to attack and get out as quickly as possible. They have no idea how long the attack will take. They do not know who might enter the building or when. To me that is why I am so interested in this section of the timeline - if the SP did not act logically and was lying in wait for 30 minutes, then why? What does that tell us?

Having the actual video of her actions within the church would be very helpful. From pictures of the crime scene, you can see her truck parked near the front door. Reports have said she is seen on surveillance walking down the main hallway. I would like to know if she made several trips to retrieve equipment and see how far she had to walk to the classroom from the front. Obviously, police have said her body was located in the SW corner, so it was a ways from the front door.

Just knowing what time she was last seen on tape would be helpful. Of course, when she saw the SP, she could have taken off running. Reports have said there was a struggle involved, but of course we have no way at this point to know how much of a struggle. The attack could have taken 30 seconds or 30 minutes - impossible for us to know.

If she was in there for 30 minutes before meeting the attacker, it would mean the murderer cut things very close to starting time for her class. That would mean they had a very good reason to not want the attack on camera or to have her see them so close to the front door. Is it possible there was another door she could have come in that would have been closer to the classroom that the attacker may have assumed she would use? It also tells me they were confident they could overtake her in a short amount of time, which I'm not certain a female attacker would have been as confident of as a male.

She was parked at the SW side of building under the covered awning/carport (which you know where). *not at front of building*

She entered the building per MPD through the doors near where her truck was parked.** SW Side, again NOT front of building *ss from MPD to Cannonball should be in Media/No Discussion or Maybe Cannonball can repost the ss from prior thread.

Front door is on West side. So any where from that area to the doors she entered in is where MB was found.

Show me where the news outlet's statements conflict with even a single affidavit.

In the Fox4News story, it says "the affidavit says Missy was in the church for about 30 minutes."

The affidavit does not say that. You were given a link to that affidavit. And the "snips" you refer to at the 1:38 mark of the story do not say that, either. They appear to show the same affidavit that we now have access to. But that affidavit does not mention Missy being in the church for 30 minutes. So that is the conflict.

This is 2 different issues. 1, the SW did not state what he article stated. 2, MB was seen entering at 4:18 and first call (2) to 911 were at 5:00 (see my post upthread). So technically there is 48 minutes MB was in the building at least depending on what time Campers walked in. Suspect was in building *IN BUILDING as we know from "about ten minutes til 4 when first seen on video" do not know how long factually had been in building (PUBLIC). We only have 1 time stamped portion and that was at 3:58&seconds... that was at time the Suspect was nearing the SW area where opened door then tried to pry open other door. From time first seen we go with 3:50 - 4:18 a.m that is 28 minutes. That we (PUBLIC) know Suspect was in prior.

Approx 3:50 - 4:18 a.m. Suspect first seen on videon in building/ MB walks in building
4:18 - approx 5:00 MB enters building/ two 911 calls

Approx 3:50 - Approx 5:00 that is 1 hr 10 minutes approximately that Suspect could have been in the Creekside Church of Christ. Not counting anytime prior to first seen on video. JMHO for factual information from MPD press conf, Official Timeline that MPD put out and from LEGAL Search Warrant Affidavits of Probable Cause.

Re BBM
I havent followed the case as much as others and just wanted to agree that I think the suspect was in the building for awhile.

He/she didnt seem to be wanting to rush at all. If I had to guess I would say that he/she is the same person as the vehicle we see driving earlier.

So I think he/she parked and got his gear on outside the car and then entered the building as soon as he/she had his gear on. Then I think he/she casually started to walk around the place as if waiting for some other purpose.

If he/she just wanted to rob the place he would have been frantically searching all the rooms for "money" or whatever and we dont see that. We see a person casaully walking around and every now and then breaks a window.

That is telling me they were there for the murder. Its the only thing that makes any sense to me.

Dress all up in a crazy outfit and casually walk around the place and blowing time. No rush at all. I think they knew they were there too early and knew they had time to waist. Used it to make it look like vandals.

I think it is very possible the person was in the building for more than an hour.

If i had to guess on time I would say within 15 minutes of when car is last seen driving around they were in the building. As far as when they left the building that is where it is fuzzy. We know right after the murder so if we can pinpoint when she entered then she was likely killed shortly after and our subject left shortly after IMO.

And that is the problem. I can't match anything to the current plates. I don't know if they have images of older specialty plate designs that might match. And from what I see amongst current designs, the only thing that looks remotely close to what I think I am seeing is the "Disabled License Plate". All other images have stars or the shape of Texas in the upper right. And the other problem is the format of letters and numbers for plates wouldn't match either unless it is a custom plate. So I don't quite know what to make of what I think I see aside from it could be very wrong. I know I still have much work to do on the plates.

Jethro, are you using photoshop cc to export your layers from the video, or are you using another program? Which layers/jpgs are you basing your 2 pics on? Thanks

-Nin

Re BBM
I havent followed the case as much as others and just wanted to agree that I think the suspect was in the building for awhile.

He/she didnt seem to be wanting to rush at all. If I had to guess I would say that he/she is the same person as the vehicle we see driving earlier.

So I think he/she parked and got his gear on outside the car and then entered the building as soon as he/she had his gear on. Then I think he/she casually started to walk around the place as if waiting for some other purpose.

If he/she just wanted to rob the place he would have been frantically searching all the rooms for "money" or whatever and we dont see that. We see a person casaully walking around and every now and then breaks a window.

That is telling me they were there for the murder. Its the only thing that makes any sense to me.

Dress all up in a crazy outfit and casually walk around the place and blowing time. No rush at all. I think they knew they were there too early and knew they had time to waist. Used it to make it look like vandals.

I think it is very possible the person was in the building for more than an hour.

If i had to guess on time I would say within 15 minutes of when car is last seen driving around they were in the building. As far as when they left the building that is where it is fuzzy. We know right after the murder so if we can pinpoint when she entered then she was likely killed shortly after and our subject left shortly after IMO.

He could have been in no rush, because he thought he had all night. There was no reason for him to be frantic. He wasn't expecting a fitness instructor to show up at 4:18 AM to prepare for a class. That is not something that even an experienced church burglar would expect to happen.

This thread is closed for review. While that takes place I ask newer members to review the rules of posting and REMIND everyone that agreeing to disagree is encouraged. If you cannot agree, scroll and roll. Bickering closes thread and causes delay while cleanup takes place.

We know that SP was first seen on camera at approx. 3:50 a.m. and that MB was first seen on camera at approx. 4:18 a.m. It is true that no one found MB until approx. 5:00 a.m. (but keep in mind a camper was waiting in his or her car in the parking lot starting around 4:35 a.m.). And it’s true we don’t know the exact time the perp left the building. However, logically, the perp got out asap and didn’t wait around for anyone else to come in (assuming this was a targeted killing, which I think it was). I suppose one could entertain the idea that MB was there awhile setting up while perp hid, but again, that doesn’t seem logical considering perp would increase chances of being caught or seen leaving. LE’s indications are that MB went in and the crime happened immediately thereafter – otherwise, LE probably would have stated that she was setting up for a while before the crime happened. She went in and walked toward the location of perp and was never seen on camera after that… I think if she had been there 30 minutes setting up, LE would say, “we see her on camera for several minutes setting up, etc.” or “going back and forth to her car.” But they don’t say that, so I think LE believes she went in and was killed very soon after entering. See LE press conference at below link.

https://youtu.be/RW5edymTlw0

Adding LE affidavit stating MB entered building and walked toward location of suspect and never seen again on camera.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2822749/BEVERS-SW16-060.pdf

BBM these are facts for the sake of this discussion as they are derived directly from the affidavits and direct statements from MPD.

Those Facts may be interpreted differently.

Most feel that SP confronted MB quickly after she entered the church and committed the murder immediately. They feel the above Bolded facts support it. However -

Others interpret the facts differently and suggest that MB and SP could have been in the building together for some time and that MB may have spent several minutes prepping for her class prior to being attacked.

AGREE TO DISAGREE. It is not your job to convince anyone of the rightness of your theory on the timeline.

This thread is open for posting again.

Jethro, are you using photoshop cc to export your layers from the video, or are you using another program? Which layers/jpgs are you basing your 2 pics on? Thanks

-Nin
I simply have the downloaded youtube video that I ripped to 30 fps using avconv on Linux Mint. The frames I used come from that. The frames for the images I isolated were loaded to GIMP from Ristretto and in GIMP I used a 4x scale (1280x720 to 5120x2880) using Sinc Lanczos3 interpolation. And did some adjustment of the brightness using the Brightness/Contrast menu item under Color though I can't recall the specific brightness setting because it depended from frame to frame at what point it made things better or worse.

I am trying to identify the specific frames I pulled each image from because I named those screen shots (actually selected region of the image) differently - and I really really should have named it based on the frame name so not too bright on my part. I know they came from a back to back sequence. I will post up both frame sources when I do. Actually, what I will do is upload the entire frame sequence I have for the "darkened by SWFA" driveway entry sequence from the beginning of the video to my google drive so you and others can have the frames I was working from.

Thread got closed before I could post this. Link to the frame sequence is here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx0LL2gY_AorQmFjcnAyZlQ4T2s

I simply have the downloaded youtube video that I ripped to 30 fps using avconv on Linux Mint. The frames I used come from that. The frames for the images I isolated were loaded to GIMP from Ristretto and in GIMP I used a 4x scale (1280x720 to 5120x2880) using Sinc Lanczos3 interpolation. And did some adjustment of the brightness using the Brightness/Contrast menu item under Color though I can't recall the specific brightness setting because it depended from frame to frame at what point it made things better or worse.

I am trying to identify the specific frames I pulled each image from because I named those screen shots (actually selected region of the image) differently - and I really really should have named it based on the frame name so not too bright on my part. I know they came from a back to back sequence. I will post up both frame sources when I do. Actually, what I will do is upload the entire frame sequence I have for the "darkened by SWFA" driveway entry sequence from the beginning of the video to my google drive so you and others can have the frames I was working from.

Would you be willing to do the same for the last portion of the video as well? There is a small period of time where the lighting conditions on the rear of the car are favorable for doing the same enhancement at least on the lower half of the license plate.

Don't know if you will hear back from Fox4. I know I specifically tipped them to the existence of the SWFA video (after these threads were closed when we had just started discussing it) and only that TV station - and they were the only TV station to carry it (and they had none of the dust up from NG in their story so it wasn't from that). Don't know if anyone else tipped them to it. But I know that I never heard a word from them.

In another case I followed, I emailed a reporter who had facts wrong. The article was corrected, but I never heard anything back. I think they move on to the next story....while we watch the video 5000 times and analyze brake lights.

jmo

Would you be willing to do the same for the last portion of the video as well? There is a small period of time where the lighting conditions on the rear of the car are favorable for doing the same enhancement at least on the lower half of the license plate.
Been doing some work on that. I have gone through about 900 of the 1400+ frames that make up that sequence. It takes time, but I do hope to find a good candidate frame or three that might show what the plate "format" is, and if it matches or at least is similar to the front plate.

I can upload the sequence of frames in the meantime.

There was a car/vehicle of some sort that was a short distance behind the Altima on 287. It's possible the Altima noticed that vehicle not too far behind, and attempted to "disappear" off the highway (hence the turn into the SWFA lot with headlights off), and pulled around SWFA building while it passed.

attachment.php

If the person in the SWFA lot was, in fact, SP, then they weren't afraid to take some risks. They would also want to be sure that no other cars saw them pull into the church lot, so waiting at the SWFA until the road looks clear (in the opposite direction, which is where you'd have to go to get back to the church) makes sense.

EDIT: I further speculate that the driver of the Altima was not concerned with being seen by anyone in the SWFA building/lot, but rather being seen by cars passing by on the highway. You can't see what's going on on the highway when the headlights go off as the car comes around the front of the building again, but I would bet that a car was going by. Notice that the headlights stay off and the car stops and waits to ensure the first car goes past the SWFA entrance before continuing around the back (around the time of attached screenshot).

ANOTHER EDIT: Before I lose my train of thought.. these two events happening within an hour and a half of each other in the same area on the same night and being unrelated, isolated incidents is extremely unlikely. The Altima driver was being careful not to be seen or followed, but not "planning a murder" careful... more like "planning to vandalize/break into something" careful... I think we're dealing with an amateur who moonlights as a criminal. One who is conscious enough of their surroundings to try not to be seen pulling into the parking lot of a building, but not conscious enough to think about being caught on video in the aftermath of a murder..
I had not even once thought of this possibility yet it seems a real possibility SP decided to duck out off 287 as if reaching the chosen destination. Perhaps some of the time spent there was just to make sure that vehicle wasn't looking for them....brilliant work! Makes me think!

Going back to the old issue of the perp videoing the crime, I'm now seeing that in a new light. I think this crime was planned very well and perhaps the camera was for the perp to view his/her/their work. They would look at the video to memorize all aspects of the crime. They would know their every move at the church more than LE would ever be able to know and more than their own memory would.

And I get the feeling that the perp is smug about all this.

jmo

And that is the problem. I can't match anything to the current plates. I don't know if they have images of older specialty plate designs that might match. And from what I see amongst current designs, the only thing that looks remotely close to what I think I am seeing is the "Disabled License Plate". All other images have stars or the shape of Texas in the upper right. And the other problem is the format of letters and numbers for plates wouldn't match either unless it is a custom plate. So I don't quite know what to make of what I think I see aside from it could be very wrong. I know I still have much work to do on the plates.
I looked at the Texas plates from the link provided. You are right about the disabled plate. Don't know if you remember but some speculated SP appeared to have MS or some physical ailment.

In searching other Texas plates, plates designating farm trucks, log loaders, fertilizer trucks also have the star on the left. Of course, this would indicate the plates were stolen.

There is a also a Texas plate w/ the star on the left that says permit.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Going back to the old issue of the perp videoing the crime, I'm now seeing that in a new light. I think this crime was planned very well and perhaps the camera was for the perp to view his/her/their work. They would look at the video to memorize all aspects of the crime. They would know their every move at the church more than LE would ever be able to know and more than their own memory would.

And I get the feeling that the perp is smug about all this.

jmo

Great insight!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I missed this before: According to the warrant, police believe the killer communicated with Bevers on LinkedIn between April 14 and April 16. Despite this new and specific information, “we don’t have a strong suspect,” Midlothian Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson tells PEOPLE. /Quote

http://people.com/crime/missy-bevers-texas-fitness-instructor-and-husband-had-problems-say-police/

since the link is being stubborn please please note it is the May 6 article entitled
[h=1]
Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor and Husband Were Having Marital and Financial Problems: Police
[/h]

I agree that logically you would think someone would want to attack and get out as quickly as possible. They have no idea how long the attack will take. They do not know who might enter the building or when. To me that is why I am so interested in this section of the timeline - if the SP did not act logically and was lying in wait for 30 minutes, then why? What does that tell us?

Having the actual video of her actions within the church would be very helpful. From pictures of the crime scene, you can see her truck parked near the front door. Reports have said she is seen on surveillance walking down the main hallway. I would like to know if she made several trips to retrieve equipment and see how far she had to walk to the classroom from the front. Obviously, police have said her body was located in the SW corner, so it was a ways from the front door.

Just knowing what time she was last seen on tape would be helpful. Of course, when she saw the SP, she could have taken off running. Reports have said there was a struggle involved, but of course we have no way at this point to know how much of a struggle. The attack could have taken 30 seconds or 30 minutes - impossible for us to know.

If she was in there for 30 minutes before meeting the attacker, it would mean the murderer cut things very close to starting time for her class. That would mean they had a very good reason to not want the attack on camera or to have her see them so close to the front door. Is it possible there was another door she could have come in that would have been closer to the classroom that the attacker may have assumed she would use? It also tells me they were confident they could overtake her in a short amount of time, which I'm not certain a female attacker would have been as confident of as a male.

RBBM - Someone very early on said when her class was inside they used either the main hallway or that large foyer area near the main entrance which is not the entrance where her truck was parked. I hope I'm describing that correctly. I definitely remember that she did not go into a room for her class. Also at my church the CG workout is in the main foyer when it is indoors and they do not use any of our classrooms. She always unlocked the building for access to restrooms and water. That is another reason we took the words from MPD to mean she was attacked as she walked down the main hallway almost immediately upon entering the building. And she parked and entered the building at the SW entrance under the porte cochere according the MPD.

Been doing some work on that. I have gone through about 900 of the 1400+ frames that make up that sequence. It takes time, but I do hope to find a good candidate frame or three that might show what the plate "format" is, and if it matches or at least is similar to the front plate.

I can upload the sequence of frames in the meantime.
I was including the Lighted Exit Sequence (I am starting to give these things names so it might be easier to talk about certain sequences of the video without having to type a paragraph to describe the point or just giving a time or time range) in that count. The Darkened Exit Sequence is 741 frames. I am uploading those.

If I watched the video from the church for the first time and didn't know anything at all about this case, I would say that the perp has done this a few times before. This perp is too calm! I just don't believe a jealous woman or a man would walk around in such a calm manner for say 30 minutes. I do think it was planned by someone known to MB. If the rumor is true of possible LE connection or ex LE, I would say that person would know exactly where to find a person to hire. IMO... the cameras didn't bother this perp because he knew he couldn't be identified as a local. He hid enough of his identity so police couldn't tell who it was but he's not afraid of the cameras. Not sure how he escaped but I think he was at the airport on the next flight out of town after the murder. He could have been using a fake ID also. If the Altima at the gun store was perp, I think it's another reason the cameras didn't bother him. He's not a local. IMO... I think he was helped by a local and given the floor plan to the church by a local. Just a few thoughts from watching the videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I missed this before: According to the warrant, police believe the killer communicated with Bevers on LinkedIn between April 14 and April 16. Despite this new and specific information, “we don’t have a strong suspect,” Midlothian Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson tells PEOPLE. /Quote

http://people.com/crime/missy-bevers-texas-fitness-instructor-and-husband-had-problems-say-police/

since the link is being stubborn please please note it is the May 6 article entitled

Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor and Husband Were Having Marital and Financial Problems: Police
In the LinkedIn warrant on pages 8 and 17 (both warrants for MB and CW LinkedIN are in one file) the verbiage we have is: "We have reasonable grounds to believe that the killer, who is still at large and poses an immediate danger to other human beings, communicated with the Decedent in this manner in that time period."

To me, that isn't the same as saying MPD believes the killer communicated with MB. It sounds like it is the legalese way of saying "it's possible".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee