TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:thinking:

IF there was an affair between MB and a husband and IF some family members from both families planned to get rid of MB with the evil idea of avoiding a divorce AND avoiding a new marriage (incl. 2 new unwanted patchwork-families and maybe heavy money problems too) this little conspiratorial group maybe meant to have to protect BB. So perhaps they waited for the annual fishing trip. Now a question to myself: Did they also wait for some appointment (alibi) which the other husband would participate in the same day??

dunno about this, dont you think the more people that know the more likely it is someone will crack and perhaps the easier for the cops to figure out? Just wondering here outloud. As for BB ridding himself of a wife we realize he also lost a nice paycheck and someone to do the laundry and take care of his children and house. I see this as a great financial loss unless ofcourse there is someone waiting in the wings to step in and ofcourse IF there was substantial life insurance otherwise on his end this was a disaster for him on top of the emotional loss which should be priceless..

If it's a specialty kind of license plate then California may be the state on the plate. Here's an example of a personalized California plate.

This is the same tag smaller:

attachment.php

and a smaller raster:

attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• license plate example - california.jpg
    license plate example - california.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 47
No, that's not possible. MPD has no SWs that haven't already been requested and released.

This is chasing rabbits, IMHO. The evidence is overwhelming that MB was in the church for a few brief minutes before the attack.

What "overwhelming" evidence do you have she was in the church for a few brief minutes before the attack? There is no timeline that shows what time she was murdered, so one cannot say with absolute certainty she was in the church 1 minute or 30 minutes prior the murder. Suspicions/Assumptions do not equal facts.

In terms of the license plate I am not convinced that it is anything but a Texas plate. I have two images of the front plate I will post but I will warn you they are only enlarged a bit and I haven't run them through the alien baby sonogram blender tool so you might not be able to interpret them.

attachment.php
attachment.php

I am pretty sure the second image has the star in the upper left and both have TEXAS at the top middle of the plate. I think that might be a specialty plate with some symbol to the left and a four digit number that maybe starts with "24" and maybe "247" and maybe even "2479" or "2474" or "2471". Obviously, I could be quite wrong but that is the interpretation of the front plate I have so far.

Attachments

• FrontPlate01.png
    FrontPlate01.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 421
  • FrontPlate02.png
    FrontPlate02.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 418
Imo. I think they chose it to hurt MB. They wanted her to suffer and hurt. A gun would have been too quick. That's why we know this was personal. However, we have had rumors long ago of a gun. Also, I started reading on some murders and I was very surprised to realize how many perps used hammers!!! I had no clue and most were all men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not only personal but sadistic. as if this person took pleasure in pounding on MB

Just found this video on YouTube. Its not very long but it shows the driver in SWFA parking lot in slo motion. you can see the upstairs office and the driver turning the steering wheel. Don't think they have gloves on yet..jmo

https://youtu.be/5BFS65wZfWI

Respectfully, I think you are misunderstanding. Per Texas statutes under certain conditions an affidavit can be sealed for 30 days, and one 30 day extension. Then has to be filed with Clerk of Court for public viewing. That is what was done here.

Filed April 20, 2016
Request for sealing April 21, 2016
signed by judge to seal for 30 days, April 22,2016. https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/317249202/Missy-Bevers-FB-Search-Warrant
For reference actual documents
May 19 request for second 30 day sealing...on same April Facebook SW's from April . after that 30 days to, by law had to be filed for public rec. And was reported on July 1 iirc. SW in the media thread, link on first page of EA thread. ***July 1 is date of article you referenced . JMHO....Read and rely on actual Search Warrants not media interpretation***

Media can not see anything sealed.Nor public until time up, whole purpose of being sealed.

CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

TITLE 1. CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

CHAPTER 18. SEARCH WARRANTS

Art. 18.01. SEARCH WARRANT. (a) A "search warrant" is a written order, issued by a magistrate and directed to a peace officer, commanding him to search for any property or thing and to seize the same and bring it before such magistrate or commanding him to search for and photograph a child and to deliver to the magistrate any of the film exposed pursuant to the order.
(b) No search warrant shall issue for any purpose in this state unless sufficient facts are first presented to satisfy the issuing magistrate that probable cause does in fact exist for its issuance. A sworn affidavit setting forth substantial facts establishing probable cause shall be filed in every instance in which a search warrant is requested. Except as provided by Article 18.011, the affidavit is public information if executed, and the magistrate's clerk shall make a copy of the affidavit available for public inspection in the clerk's office during normal business hours.

I Art. 18.011. SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT. (a) An attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request a district judge or the judge of an appellate court to seal an affidavit presented under Article 18.01(b). The judge may order the affidavit sealed if the attorney establishes a compelling state interest in that:
(1) public disclosure of the affidavit would jeopardize the safety of a victim, witness, or confidential informant or cause the destruction of evidence; or
(2) the affidavit contains information obtained from a court-ordered wiretap that has not expired at the time the attorney representing the state requests the sealing of the affidavit.
(b) An order sealing an affidavit under this section expires on the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed. After an original order sealing an affidavit is issued under this article, an attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request, and a judge may grant, before the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed, on a new finding of compelling state interest, one 30-day extension of the original order.
(c) On the expiration of an order issued under Subsection (b) and any extension, the affidavit must be unsealed.
(d) An order issued under this section may not:
(1) prohibit the disclosure of information relating to the contents of a search warrant, the return of a search warrant, or the inventory of property taken pursuant to a search warrant; or
(2) affect the right of a defendant to discover the contents of an affidavit.

Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 355 (S.B. 244), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2007. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CR/htm/CR.18.htm

Respectfully, I believe you are the one misunderstanding. Information was available to the public prior to that warrant being unsealed. I'm a retired attorney, and I know that what the law says SHOULD happen and what DOES happen are two very different things - especially in the digital age.

Well no, that wasn't egregious ...but it also wasn't a situation where media got the contents of a sealed affidavit WHILE IT WAS SEALED! That was your claim, that such had happened and you had an example. But what you cite is simply a report of an affidavit's contents that had been learned and was being reported on AFTER it was unsealed. That particular affidavit and ensuing media reports, and others like them, have been well discussed here long long ago. (The one you mention here was made and sealed in late April as I recall, unsealed in late June, and known to us by early July from media reports that ensued from the unsealing.)

Information pertaining to it WAS available prior to the unsealing. That's the point I was making that you apparently overlooked. People - especially the media - get tips all the time. Sealed warrants, secret interviews, private text messages - all of that can be - and often is - leaked to the press all the time.

And until I hear back from this media outlet that they made an error, I'm not going to chalk it up to "oh, they must be wrong because we haven't seen it yet."

Just found this video on YouTube. Its not very long but it shows the driver in SWFA parking lot in slo motion. you can see the upstairs office and the driver turning the steering wheel. Don't think they have gloves on yet..jmo

https://youtu.be/5BFS65wZfWI
I don't think the driver had gloves on at any point based on what I have looked at so far in any detail. I am also uncertain of "had gloves on yet" because I am not sure I am seeing SP in the SWFA video. At least at this point in my analysis which still has quite a ways to go.

not only personal but sadistic. as if this person took pleasure in pounding on MB

I've wondered if a hammer wasn't used more as a silent weapon than a sadistic one. If the person didn't have a silencer, a gunshot could have been heard outside where people may have been waiting. Until we get the autopsy report back, we are not going to know whether she was knocked out first by a blow to the back of the head. If so, there would likely not have been any screams.

What "overwhelming" evidence do you have she was in the church for a few brief minutes before the attack? There is no timeline that shows what time she was murdered, so one cannot say with absolute certainty she was in the church 1 minute or 30 minutes prior the murder. Suspicions/Assumptions do not equal facts.

We know that SP was first seen on camera at approx. 3:50 a.m. and that MB was first seen on camera at approx. 4:18 a.m. It is true that no one found MB until approx. 5:00 a.m. (but keep in mind a camper was waiting in his or her car in the parking lot starting around 4:35 a.m.). And it’s true we don’t know the exact time the perp left the building. However, logically, the perp got out asap and didn’t wait around for anyone else to come in (assuming this was a targeted killing, which I think it was). I suppose one could entertain the idea that MB was there awhile setting up while perp hid, but again, that doesn’t seem logical considering perp would increase chances of being caught or seen leaving. LE’s indications are that MB went in and the crime happened immediately thereafter – otherwise, LE probably would have stated that she was setting up for a while before the crime happened. She went in and walked toward the location of perp and was never seen on camera after that… I think if she had been there 30 minutes setting up, LE would say, “we see her on camera for several minutes setting up, etc.” or “going back and forth to her car.” But they don’t say that, so I think LE believes she went in and was killed very soon after entering. See LE press conference at below link.

https://youtu.be/RW5edymTlw0

Adding LE affidavit stating MB entered building and walked toward location of suspect and never seen again on camera.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2822749/BEVERS-SW16-060.pdf

Information pertaining to it WAS available prior to the unsealing. That's the point I was making that you apparently overlooked. People - especially the media - get tips all the time. Sealed warrants, secret interviews, private text messages - all of that can be - and often is - leaked to the press all the time.

And until I hear back from this media outlet that they made an error, I'm not going to chalk it up to "oh, they must be wrong because we haven't seen it yet."
Don't know if you will hear back from Fox4. I know I specifically tipped them to the existence of the SWFA video (after these threads were closed when we had just started discussing it) and only that TV station - and they were the only TV station to carry it (and they had none of the dust up from NG in their story so it wasn't from that). Don't know if anyone else tipped them to it. But I know that I never heard a word from them.

I don't think the driver had gloves on at any point based on what I have looked at so far in any detail. I am also uncertain of "had gloves on yet" because I am not sure I am seeing SP in the SWFA video. At least at this point in my analysis which still has quite a ways to go.
Just wanted to put this video out there because it also shows the office upstairs in slow motion as well.

Thank you for the hard work you have put in on these videos. I watch them all...

We have multiple direct comments from law enforcement. I think those were provided to you upthread.

We've been studying this case for quite some time, dissecting every word from every press conference and every SW affidavit. There is absolutely no evidence that she was there for 30 mins, other than one media outlet's mistaken paraphrasing.

It seems you are privy to some inside info that has not been presented to the general public if I'm interpreting your statement correctly. You are saying per inside info MB arrived at the COC much earlier than the official timeline states. Why would she have arrived earlier and why would LE mislead in their statements?

We know that SP was first seen on camera at approx. 3:50 a.m. and that MB was first seen on camera at approx. 4:18 a.m. It is true that no one found MB until approx. 5:00 a.m. (but keep in mind a camper was waiting in his or her car in the parking lot starting around 4:35 a.m.). And it’s true we don’t know the exact time the perp left the building. However, logically, the perp got out asap and didn’t wait around for anyone else to come in (assuming this was a targeted killing, which I think it was). I suppose one could entertain the idea that MB was there awhile setting up while perp hid, but again, that doesn’t seem logical considering perp would increase chances of being caught or seen leaving. LE’s indications are that MB went in and the crime happened immediately thereafter – otherwise, LE probably would have stated that she was setting up for a while before the crime happened. She went in and walked toward the location of perp and was never seen on camera after that… I think if she had been there 30 minutes setting up, LE would say, “we see her on camera for several minutes setting up, etc.” or “going back and forth to her car.” But they don’t say that, so I think LE believes she went in and was killed very soon after entering. See LE press conference at below link.

https://youtu.be/RW5edymTlw0
That is my interpretation, that it was over quickly after entering, as well. Once you get to the point of SP being in there beyond the first arrival of a camper and then even beyond that to where at least 2 more cars and 3 more campers arrived (based on what locals said about who all went into the building when Missy was found from the earliest threads) then you get to someone so determined to kill her no matter what. At that leads to the problem of reconciling the elaborate ruse that was going on and quite frankly why bother. Someone that determined to kill someone no matter who else shows up, no matter the risks, isn't likely to bother with any of it. I can't reconcile that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotto