TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone given ANY consideration to the possibility that MAYBE LE no longer is in question of the identity of the Altima or it's driver?

Agreed, and I think they were pretty certain all along. I don't believe for a second they couldn't read the plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised that very few people think CW is involved, even though his height fits the suspect description and he was married. He had a lot to lose and has motive for MB to be gone.
I guess the basic issue with CW was how forthcoming he was with investigators (per MPD) and we see in the LinkedIN warrant that he not only confirmed his communications with MB but also handed over his phone for investigators to recover anything on it. It wouldn't surprise me if he consented to searches of his home and vehicles. Above all he would have to have had a rock solid alibi. I know I can't rule him out entirely but I get the sense that MPD has.

I'm surprised that very few people think CW is involved, even though his height fits the suspect description and he was married. He had a lot to lose and has motive for MB to be gone.

If I remember correctly, his wife didn't even know about MB until cops showed up. They didn't live near each other, so not sure what he had to lose? Meaning he's not financially tied to her and a big name in town. JMO

Had to think about it. The irony of the Nissan at the SWFA location is, that if I had to make a stop in the middle of the night, I would choose the safest location, something light up and with tons of surveillance cams..But I would not turn the lights off upon entering such location. Period.

-Nin

I'm going another avenue directed towards where Missy went with her kids . I still believe that the perp was well known and now connected through her social functions in a school setting

MPD said last summer that the love-triangle angle had not panned out so far.

If I remember correctly, his wife didn't even know about MB until cops showed up. They didn't live near each other, so not sure what he had to lose? Meaning he's not financially tied to her and a big name in town. JMO

I couldn't remember if it was cops showed up or media. But I agree.

I'm going another avenue directed towards where Missy went with her kids . I still believe that the perp was well known and now connected through her social functions in a school setting

Hmmm what got you pointed in that direction??

I stand by my belief that the sticker on the Altima at SWFA is firefighter related, so at this point I see several tentative (some admittedly based on rumors) connections to firefighters in this crime.

May I ask, what is your belief the sticker was firefighter related based on?

-Nin

You can have a theory of the crime being untargeted without it being a burglary. It could be someone who wanted to vandalize.

And I don't know why people keep saying "rare for a burglary to happen that time of day." That's just not true. Between 3 and 5 on a Monday morning in the rain is a GREAT time to break into a rural church. And "nothing was taken" is exactly what you would expect in an INTERRUPTED burglary.

Not that I necessarily believe that burglary was in play here. Just saying that those two reasons are not good ones for ruling it out.

I wonder why LE thought they were good reasons to think it was not a burglary? I would think imo they would have good insight into crimes since they're LE after all;)
It is possible that a person would go to the extra expense, time, effort to wear a helmet, balaclava, tactical vest filled with heavy tools, boots, headlight, gloves, police patches to vandalize a church. Not to mention getting really close to daybreak when the hwy was surely getting busy to make their exit and then take the time to stop and beat the life out of a 5'3" woman but it just doesn't feel right in my thinking. It's just my opinion of course.

You can have a theory of the crime being untargeted without it being a burglary. It could be someone who wanted to vandalize the place and raid the kitchen.

And I don't know why people keep saying "rare for a burglary to happen that time of day." That's just not true. Between 3 and 5 on a Monday morning in the rain is a GREAT time to break into a rural church. And "nothing was taken" is exactly what you would expect in an INTERRUPTED burglary.

Not that I necessarily believe that burglary was in play here. Just saying that those two reasons are not good ones for ruling it out.

why go to all the effort to dress up in Swat gear and wander around for a hlf hour to just burgle a place ? He didnt even set stuff outside the door as he found it assuming that was his goal. Nope I will never buy that theory, he was there for her. I guess he wanted to really get close to her and torture her too so that is why he didnt just shoot and run. He wanted to mangle her good looks and cause maximum terror and revenge. He needs to be caught and put on death row. I was thinking about DR too, in Texas you have to commit another felony to qualify for it. Did he do that ? If he did steal something that would do it but not sure if this crime qualifies or not. Praying it does.

Word of caution, remember conversation about kids are off limits here. Don't want anyone in trouble.

Word of caution, remember conversation about kids are off limits here. Don't want anyone in trouble.

Thanks for the reminder! I can't imagine a murder - really can't imagine being tied to kids..

For a while I was sure the motive was a love triangle but now I am thinking the motive is not so clear cut, something that does not occur to us as a motive for murder.
If this was not a murder for hire I think SP is someone Missy knew, someone fairly intelligent, crazy but maybe is able to keep their crazy hidden from others, lives alone and has a lot of free time...perhaps unemployed.

Sadly, one of the biggest problems with this case is that there are several people who had motive for MB to be gone. It makes it hard to narrow down suspects, especially when we as the general public have been given very little evidence. For that reason, my list of potential suspects is excessively long, and that list only contains the people of whom I am aware. CW doesn't top my list although he does have several traits that I think SP possessed. At the end of the day, the only thing that will shock me is if this was random or untargeted (i.e. an interrupted burglary). Missy and her family deserve justice!

ETA - I have said this for a while, but I am growing increasingly uneasy with MB's numerous EMT, FF, and LE connections. It makes me wonder if two motives (i.e. a love triangle gone awry and MB witnessing something she should not have) became entwined. I am strongly leaning toward at least one accomplice.

Does anyone know what the stats are on unsolved murders ? I watch alot of these new shows about crimes like murders and sometimes its years before they are solved. I realized the murders that are unsolved usually never get shows made about them. I dont want to think this case may fall into that category. If it was a plan hatched by 1 or 2 people close to her I guess as long as no one talks this case will never be solved. Looks like they did a good enough job to assume that sadly..

I wonder why LE thought they were good reasons to think it was not a burglary? I would think imo they would have good insight into crimes since they're LE after all;)

Think about it for a second. They clearly had an instinct on day 1 that it was untargeted. Their very first SW stated that the suspect is seen on video burglarizing the building. Burglarizing. But then what happened? They were alerted to CW, to KC, and to an MB friend's statement about a creepy message MB got. So they were redirected away from burglary not because of evidence, but because of what people were telling them.

IIt is possible that person would go the extra expense, time, effort to wear a helmet, balaclava, tactical vest filled with heavy tools, boots, headlight, gloves, police patches to vandalize a church.

It was an excellent choice because it serves the dual purpose of hiding identity AND keeping DNA contained - and those are concerns you would need to have regardless of whether the crime you intend to commit is a murder or a burglary/vandalism.

Not to mention getting really close to daybreak when the hwy was surely getting busy to make they're exit and then take the time to stop and beat the life out of a 5'3" woman

Sunrise was at 6:53 that day. Perp still had 2.5 hours to go. And I'm not sure what MB's height has to do with anything.

Think about it for a second. They clearly had an instinct on day 1 that it was untargeted. Their very first SW stated that the suspect is seen on video burglarizing the building. Burglarizing. But then what happened? They were alerted to CW, to KC, and to an MB friend's statement about a creepy message MB got. So they were redirected away from burglary not because of evidence, but because of what people were telling them.

It was an excellent choice because it serves the dual purpose of hiding identity AND keeping DNA contained - and those are concerns you would need to have regardless of whether the crime you intend to commit is a murder or a burglary/vandalism.

Sunrise was at 6:53 that day. Perp still had 2.5 hours to go. And I'm not sure what MB's height has to do with anything.

I'm sure in a town like Midlothian, that never sees a murder, the officers probably assumed it was a robbery. I can see it being their first assumption. This is not the norm for this cops.

I guess the basic issue with CW was how forthcoming he was with investigators (per MPD) and we see in the LinkedIN warrant that he not only confirmed his communications with MB but also handed over his phone for investigators to recover anything on it. It wouldn't surprise me if he consented to searches of his home and vehicles. Above all he would have to have had a rock solid alibi. I know I can't rule him out entirely but I get the sense that MPD has.

Totally agree. Mix in the fact he was a Mixed Martial Arts fighter and knows how to beat someone really puts him high on my list.

Sorry Cannonball I'm not convinced yet:) I'll give you the sunrise part but not the rest. Lol The height reference was just pointing out that MB was a small person even though she was strong. I do not think a vandal would have to do all that was done to her just to get away. What was she going to do keep them in a headlock until help arrived? Maybe they wanted to burglarize, vandalize and murder her but IMO no to the first two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member