TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are giving outsiders busy work, that isn't really meaningful at all, to keep them occupied.
You don't think that their target audience was the local public when they released the Altima information?

It would seem to me that if MPD were doing things like playing games with the public they would be putting future cases where they truly need public assistance in jeopardy by doing such a thing. It seems rather counter-productive to me, not to mention a breach of the public trust with law enforcement. It is one thing if they don't tip their hand to a suspect or person of interest or don't discuss certain evidence or even if certain evidence exists but quite another when they ask for public assistance for no other reason but to "keep the public busy". They could simply have said nothing about it and pretty much done what they having been saying for 8 months now which is little or next to nothing.

If it were to turn out that you are correct the people of Midlothian should demand the resignations or firings of those involved with that particular decision-making process when it becomes known because there will be cases in the future that do require public assistance and that bridge will have already been burned.

I'm still thinking about the idea of two perps. Perhaps there was the wandering perp we see on camera and another perp laying in wait in the off-camara area where the killing occurred. I'm thinking the wandering perp was female but the actual killer was male.

No evidence for this, just thinking aloud.

jmopinion

I'm still thinking about the idea of two perps. Perhaps there was the wandering perp we see on camera and another perp laying in wait in the off-camara area where the killing occurred. I'm thinking the wandering perp was female but the actual killer was male.

jmopinion

It's possible .... agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nearsouth View Post
No, if you look at a map or satellite view you can see a turn (across the median) that is directly across from the church entrance. You can definitely make a direct left into the church.

Ok, I asked about this a few weeks ago and the only limited response I got seemed to indicate right turn only. That does seem to be the case with SWFA, at least.
There is a cross over at the Church drive area and then the next one is past SWFA a little. So the car leaving SWFA could only go RIGHT, which it did. We do not know if that car when it got to the cross over just a little ways down from SWFA make what would amount to a U Turn and go back towards Church on opposite side of hwy or not.

jmopinion

Yeah, for a long time I thought it had to be a lone wolf perp. I'm definitely coming around to the idea that there might be multiple people involved. When two or more people commit a crime like this I would think it would take a lot of trust if the heat is on.

Obviously, this might be a reason that the investigation appears to have stalled. They may have a very good idea of at least one person involved in this, but can't tie the suspected 'other(s)' directly to the crime, and they are watching/waiting for a break (phone conversation, public tip etc).

Respectfully snipped for space. RBBM

The one and only MSM that quoted Asst Chief Johnson was NBC5 http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html and DailyMail UK quoted NBC5 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...isly-early-morning-slaying-fitness-coach.html as source in a story. The quote was from Tues, April 19th and in article April 20.

So I just a few ago PM the Midlothian Police Department Facebook and asked. I got a reply in 10 minutes. *I have always gotten a reply to my questions, when asked to confirm.

One more FACT to be placed in the Media thread. And proof that MSM twists stuff and misreports. It also makes sense SWFA deleting their replies on the 4/18/16 video. No vehicle parked at Creekside Church caught on video from inside camera.

:drumroll:

attachment.php
They must like you better than I. They have responded to my specific questions with not wanting to discuss information they have not publicly released.

You got them to divulge something that they had not stated previously. That is fantastic!

There is a cross over at the Church drive area and then the next one is past SWFA a little. So the car leaving SWFA could only go RIGHT, which it did. We do not know if that car when it got to the cross over just a little ways down from SWFA make what would amount to a U Turn and go back towards Church on opposite side of hwy or not.

There are several things I'd wish to see from that video...

• I'd like to see video after the Altima left to see if it doubled back northbound on 287
  • I'd like to see color video (around 1 min mark I think) of the first southbound pass of the possible wrecker vehicle to see if it matched the color of the northbound wrecker (white cab, red trailer portion)
  • I'd love to see another view of the light that seems to pop onto the church portico area at 1:08 of the video (in color preferably)
  • Any video from the back of SWFA (side facing south west)

Of course, my belief is that this video was edited by LE and subsequently an orchestrated release by SWFA - so my wishes are likely not to be fulfilled... LOL

It's my understanding that it's not possible to make a left turn into the church. This is a rural highway, with a grassy median that you can't drive across. If you look at satellite photos, there are designated "turn-abouts" for crossing over to head in the opposite direction. One of those is between the church and SWFA; the other is maybe a quarter-mile past SWFA. So no turning left into either the church or the gun store. If you're on the opposite side of the highway, you have to travel past, use the turn-about, and then make a right turn into the parking lot.
ignore the red box and red line (different discussion). This aerial shows the turnout to CoC and the large 'venue' house across 287.

Attachments

• MAP aerial rd nor coc.png
    MAP aerial rd nor coc.png
    753.1 KB · Views: 54
Yeah, for a long time I thought it had to be a lone wolf perp. I'm definitely coming around to the idea that there might be multiple people involved. When two or more people commit a crime like this I would think it would take a lot of trust if the heat is on.

Obviously, this might be a reason that the investigation appears to have stalled. They may have a very good idea of at least one person involved in this, but can't tie the suspected 'other(s)' directly to the crime, and they are watching/waiting for a break (phone conversation, public tip etc).

Yes, I agree with the trust issue. If there were two, I think it was a married couple or some other family duo. Having a trusted partner also would eliminate (I think) the "blab" temptation - the perp might not feel the need to talk about the crime to someone because that need is fulfilled by having a trusted partner.

I also think whoever did this feels justified and righteous. I don't think there is a feeling of guilt with the perp(s). I think it was seen as something that needed to be done.

jmopinion, thinking aloud.

Here are some captures of SP in front of the door next to the bulletin board trying to get a better picture of the helmet.

Cropped, re-sampled, de-saturated and brightened up, no other processing:

attachment.php

-Nin

Thanks NIN, just curious how many slices are there in the video there? You can tell on the video because all sudden Suspect has the pry bar type tool out. Didn't see where came from initially. Thanks again

You don't think that their target audience was the local public when they released the Altima information?

It would seem to me that if MPD were doing things like playing games with the public they would be putting future cases where they truly need public assistance in jeopardy by doing such a thing. It seems rather counter-productive to me, not to mention a breach of the public trust with law enforcement. It is one thing if they don't tip their hand to a suspect or person of interest or don't discuss certain evidence or even if certain evidence exists but quite another when they ask for public assistance for no other reason but to "keep the public busy". They could simply have said nothing about it and pretty much done what they having been saying for 8 months now which is little or next to nothing.

If it were to turn out that you are correct the people of Midlothian should demand the resignations or firings of those involved with that particular decision-making process when it becomes known because there will be cases in the future that do require public assistance and that bridge will have already been burned.

I think regardless of what transpires from here on out, MPD is going to have to answer to local citizens and voters for what appear (emphasis on that word because it very well may be that things are not as they appear) to be a series of mis-steps in the crucial early stage of the investigation.

1. Publicizing the crime as a burglary gone wrong, then asserting it was someone who MB had been in contact with, then later shifting to "untargeted".

2. Clearing the crime scene in record time (Ellis County did the CSI but MPD has overall responsibility).

3. Referring to perp as male, then changing to unknown.

4. Reporting height as 5-7 to 5-9, then saying they have a better description only to double the possible range from 3 inches to 6 inches.

5. Directing the public's focus to a supposed right foot injury when video evidence of such is lacking. Same goes generally for the "gait" of the perp, as if they would walk the same way in ordinary clothing as they do in a bulky uniform.

6. Publishing one frame of the Altima when much better video was available and might have led to solid leads back when memories were fresher.

7. Generally, releasing scant info, then asking the public for tips, then chastising the public for wasting their time with leads that don't pan out, but then admitting that they had basically closed 90% of the leads they had gotten anyway.

I've felt since the 18th of April that chief Carl Smith seemed out of his depth. He had that "deer in the headlights" look that does not inspire confidence. Johnson seems at least publicly more confident. But his manner of speaking doesn't make up completely for the content of what he says, which is a basic message of, "we have very little to go on, don't suspect the family or friends or co-workers. Don't have POIs. Know nothing by which to profile this perp, don't understand movement in the church. All our SWs were executed that first week. We're no closer to solving this thing now than we were in April, but believe us when we tell you we are doing all we can."

I think regardless of what transpires from here on out, MPD is going to have to answer to local citizens and voters for what appear (emphasis on that word because it very well may be that things are not as they appear) to be a series of mis-steps in the crucial early stage of the investigation.

1. Publicizing the crime as a burglary gone wrong, then asserting it was someone who MB had been in contact with, then later shifting to "untargeted".

2. Clearing the crime scene in record time (Ellis County did the CSI but MPD has overall responsibility).

4. Reporting height as 5-7 to 5-9, then saying they have a better description only to double the possible range from 3 inches to 6 inches.

5. Directing the public's focus to a supposed right foot injury when video evidence of such is lacking. Same goes generally for the "gait" of the perp, as if they would walk the same way in ordinary clothing as they do in a bulky uniform.

6. Publishing one frame of the Altima when much better video was available and might have led to solid leads back when memories were fresher.

7. Generally, releasing scant info, then asking the public for tips, then chastising the public for wasting their time with leads that don't pan out, but then admitting that they had basically closed 90% of the leads they had gotten anyway.

I've felt since the 18th of April that chief Carl Smith seemed out of his depth. He had that "deer in the headlights" look that does not inspire confidence. Johnson seems at least publicly more confident. But his manner of speaking doesn't make up completely for the content of what he says, which is a basic message of, "we have very little to go on, don't suspect the family or friends or co-workers. Don't have POIs. Know nothing by which to profile this perp, don't understand movement in the church. All our SWs were executed that first week. We're no closer to solving this thing now than we were in April, but believe us when we tell you we are doing all we can."

Well said.... this is beyond frustrating for all...

I think that is a fantastic summary.

jmopinion

I also agree with you on this.

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
On Tues 4/19 BB gave interview I am assuming this is after meeting with MPD. This was prior to the longer version of video released. He states he doesn't think a vehicle was at the facility and we dont know how he got there. starts at around 3:20ish mark.
JMHO he would have spoken to the individual who called him prior to MPD (according to KS anyway). Maybe that person told him didn't see a veh? JMHO

Link to Media thread post with link to video as not to take up space http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12513771#post12513771
so.....there is a good possibility that the sp arrived and left on foot. He or she might have been dropped of else where or another form of transportation was used... MOO

Since MPD confirmed to me that the veh spoken about in the NBC 5 article on 4/19/16 as from SWFA surveillance camera only think I know for fact is what MPD has stated. I just getting clarification of stuff that has been reported already but is not clear. Could be a different portion of video or the parts we have seen as to what they were speaking of. I just do not trust MSM. Reaffirms almost daily lol

JMHO still do not know how many vehicles they have with lights turning into Church drive and times and I am not going to ask for that evidence :) But feel pretty sure they have it if there is a veh used. (I think there was) That how they know that MB drove in at 4:16 a.m. c

They have said from the beginning that they are not sure if the Altima is related to the MB case.

They might even be down to 1% or 2% belief that it is involved. Having a team that is willing and able to pull apart the data and see what they could come up with would probably be worth it to them.

I think throwing potential information out there creates more interaction and takes more time (not occupy them to buy them time).

jmopinion

The more NIN zooms in, the smaller on-camera-SP looks.

Watched some of the Dateline/48 Hours type shows over the weekend and they happened to feature murders that involved, or were suspected to involve, multiple perps. Suspects were related, although in one case an unrelated person was believed to be involved (in some cases charges were dropped or reduced via plea). You never know what can bring people together to kill an innocent person; different people may even have different motives for the same crime.

In one case, an entirely innocent young guy was fatally shot when his ex-wife apparently lured him to a motel room to meet with her father and her current husband to discuss custody arrangements for the victim's and ex's little boy. In another, a middle-aged socialite was brutally murdered in her home in a manner that sounds similar to that in the Missy Bevers case. A frail, ill tenant of hers confessed and said he did it alone, although it's highly unlikely he was physically capable of doing so. There was evidence suggesting his wife and the socialite's sometimes-friend were involved but charges against them were dropped once the man confessed. Rage/revenge and possibly greed seem to be the motives.

It's certainly possible that a small group of people could have found reason, not even a very big reason for normal people, to conspire to kill MB. If they're related and close to each other, it could be a long while until we find out what and why. Let's hope someone involved, or someone who knows, cracks soon and leads police to the answers.

2. Clearing the crime scene in record time (Ellis County did the CSI but MPD has overall responsibility
).

Good list. Voters would be towards the Mayor>>> then to Chief of Police. Thinking other than Ellis County Sheriff and JP that be only ones effected by votes JMHO Only positive I see is that this was first Murder they have had to deal with in Chief Smith time as Chief of MPD. I haven't seen protests and such or honestly anything on the FB pages from locals, just us from far away. I haven't seen editorials by locals. Family has not spoken publically since end of May. Whole thing is rather odd. Like just carrying with life. I have faith that they are working hard on the case but the silence all around is something....

This is stuff that will be heard someday by a Def Attorney or one would think. One question, where do you come up with #2? 2. Clearing the crime scene in record time (Ellis County did the CSI but MPD has overall responsibility).
Only thing we know about the crime scene processing is Ellis County CSI Unit helped and the scene was released at around noon. Per Capt of CID Spann at first press conf. From 5 until noon is 7 hours. Public does not how long after Officer arrived at 5:10 that investigators showed up. We do not know how long it took for CSI to arrive and work the scene. So JMHO no way we can say "crime scene cleared in record time"
JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member