TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still thinking about the idea of two perps. Perhaps there was the wandering perp we see on camera and another perp laying in wait in the off-camara area where the killing occurred. I'm thinking the wandering perp was female but the actual killer was male.

No evidence for this, just thinking aloud.

jmopinion

Using female SP to lure MB to where male perp was hiding (having arrived there off-camera) and remaining and murdering off camera (auditorium, BR, enclave). MB would probably more likely trust a female (in the dark at 4 am), and not run. Also just thinking.

Using female SP to lure MB to where male perp was hiding (having arrived there off-camera) and remaining and murdering off camera (auditorium, BR, enclave). MB would probably more likely trust a female (in the dark at 4 am), and not run. Also just thinking.

Not suggesting involvement - but I sure wish we knew more from first campers on scene... that would be telling...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good list. Voters would be towards the Mayor>>> then to Chief of Police. Thinking other than Ellis County Sheriff and JP that be only ones effected by votes JMHO Only positive I see is that this was first Murder they have had to deal with in Chief Smith time as Chief of MPD. I haven't seen protests and such or honestly anything on the FB pages from locals, just us from far away. I haven't seen editorials by locals. Family has not spoken publically since end of May. Whole thing is rather odd. Like just carrying with life. I have faith that they are working hard on the case but the silence all around is something....

This is stuff that will be heard someday by a Def Attorney or one would think. One question, where do you come up with #2? 2. Clearing the crime scene in record time (Ellis County did the CSI but MPD has overall responsibility).
Only thing we know about the crime scene processing is Ellis County CSI Unit helped and the scene was released at around noon. Per Capt of CID Spann at first press conf. From 5 until noon is 7 hours. Public does not how long after Officer arrived at 5:10 that investigators showed up. We do not know how long it took for CSI to arrive and work the scene. So JMHO no way we can say "crime scene cleared in record time"
JMHO

On #2, you would agree that the maximum time that was given to clearing the scene was 7 hours, correct? It was actually less but we don't know exactly how much less.

I read something from a veteran detective - not about this case but about CSI generally. He had over 20 years as a homicide detective.

He said that in his experience it normally takes between 8 and 20 hours to clear a murder scene. He said the longest he had personally participated in was 26 hours. The shortest was 7 hours. So the MB case would be a "record" for that particular CSI if he had been working it.

ETA: it was a CSI, not a detective. Here is the link:

http://www.daconfidential.com/2009/12/question-and-answer-crime-scene.html?m=1

They must like you better than I. They have responded to my specific questions with not wanting to discuss information they have not publicly released.

You got them to divulge something that they had not stated previously. That is fantastic!

Thanks, but technically we don't know what Johnson stated - how it was presented in question / answer form. NBC5 only one who reported this on 4/20. So actually they didn't divulge anything new, just clarified misinformation which lead to various assumptions by us all.

I have only asked about stuff that has been released or stuff posted in the MSM. Haven't asked for evidence or if they have *advertiser censored*. My goal is to keep factual what we know (at least for myself)
When I have asked, I ask for confirmation of something. Cannonball got the same result when he asked about the entry door of MB and gave examples. I doubt they are going to answer anything that would be in documents that were deemed ok to hold back due to ongoing investigation. I respect that process, because it will all come out one day. I want them to follow the laws and get their charges based on facts and evidence.

JMHO from Cannonballs list I could see those maybe being something that would maybe hinder a DP case unless their evidence is very strong. JMHO

You don't think that their target audience was the local public when they released the Altima information?

It would seem to me that if MPD were doing things like playing games with the public they would be putting future cases where they truly need public assistance in jeopardy by doing such a thing. It seems rather counter-productive to me, not to mention a breach of the public trust with law enforcement. It is one thing if they don't tip their hand to a suspect or person of interest or don't discuss certain evidence or even if certain evidence exists but quite another when they ask for public assistance for no other reason but to "keep the public busy". They could simply have said nothing about it and pretty much done what they having been saying for 8 months now which is little or next to nothing.

If it were to turn out that you are correct the people of Midlothian should demand the resignations or firings of those involved with that particular decision-making process when it becomes known because there will be cases in the future that do require public assistance and that bridge will have already been burned.

<modsnip> If the vehicle stuff is as meaningless as I think it is, LE hasn't been playing games with the public at all. They never said it was a vehicle or driver involved in the crime, and in fact quite the opposite - clearly and repeatedly. But people gonna do what they wanna do, and better for the dog to have a bone to gnaw on obsessively that's not an essential part of the cooking.

Not suggesting involvement - but I sure wish we knew more from first campers on scene... that would be telling...

kmoon,

Is there anything specific you had in mind concerning the first campers?

I know it would be great to get detailed accounts from the campers, but what would be specifically important to you?

Would it be possible, if it were 2 people who arrived first... 1 of them being SP, the other the driver. Driver instead of pulling into Church pulled off to the side out of site of SWFA cameras and SP ran to the Church? Then when first campers got there SP ran to car, changed, hid SP gear in some kind of department, then when questioned they say they didn't see anything cause they were arguing, or making out or some reason to be 'distracted' as to not see anyone?... Also don't married couples not have to testify against each other? So as long as neither one starts to feel guilty(which eventually someone always does, usually the driver not the one who actually does the killing) or accidentally let some detail slip, SP would probably get away with it. Just my opinion, i think SP does not feel bad for this, this is justified to them and believe it had to have been done. They may even pass a lie detector test because they actually feel like they did nothing wrong. All JMO.

Would it be possible, if it were 2 people who arrived first... 1 of them being SP, the other the driver. Driver instead of pulling into Church pulled off to the side out of site of SWFA cameras and SP ran to the Church? Then when first campers got there SP ran to car, changed, hid SP gear in some kind of department, then when questioned they say they didn't see anything cause they were arguing, or making out or some reason to be 'distracted' as to not see anyone?... Also don't married couples not have to testify against each other? So as long as neither one starts to feel guilty(which eventually someone always does, usually the driver not the one who actually does the killing) or accidentally let some detail slip, SP would probably get away with it. Just my opinion, i think SP does not feel bad for this, this is justified to them and believe it had to have been done. They may even pass a lie detector test because they actually feel like they did nothing wrong. All JMO.

Its usually when LE starts closing in on a suspect that someone starts to talk to protect themselves. I don't think this killer feels bad at all but JMO.

Because the campers may be material witnesses, everything should be done to protect their identity and respect their privacy, including how much they know

kmoon,

Is there anything specific you had in mind concerning the first campers?

I know it would be great to get detailed accounts from the campers, but what would be specifically important to you?

Honestly - not sure. Did they see any cars? Where was she exactly, position found, how hallways looked, struggle obvious?

Would someone with some legal knowledge please explain the grand jury process,since Texas has the grand jury. Will this crime have a grand jury convened? If so why? If not why not? Thanks in advance. :)

Because the campers may be material witnesses, everything should be done to protect their identity and respect their privacy, including how much they know

Agree 100% - just wish we could know more...

Honestly - not sure. Did they see any cars? Where was she exactly, position found, how hallways looked, struggle obvious?

Since day one I've had questions regarding the campers. I would really like to know if campers gym bags or vehicles were searched. For all I know the SP could have morphed into a camper and became one of the unfortunate campers who arrived early and discovered the body. Could explain how SP managed to leave without being seen. JMO.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Would someone with some legal knowledge please explain the grand jury process,since Texas has the grand jury. Will this crime have a grand jury convened? If so why? If not why not? Thanks in advance. :)

"Every felony case that goes to trial or pleads must be indicted by a grand jury unless the defendant chooses to waive indictment and proceed per the Texas Constitution.

"The most common role of the grand jury is to listen to the facts of a case and determine if probable cause exists for the charges alleged against the defendant. The grand jury is also an investigative body. It can assist the district attorney’s office in uncovering evidence to support charging a particular defendant with a crime, or it can choose to independently investigate matters brought to its attention."

http://www.tdcaa.com/journal/grand-jury-where-community-meets-law

"Will this crime have a grand jury convened?"

If LE finds enough evidence to put someone on trial for this crime, then definitely yes. A grand jury is the body that provides an indictment based on evidence, which is part of the criminal trial process towards a conviction. And in theory, a grand jury could also be convened for investigative purposes, or to consider evidence which then doesn't bring about an indictment, but those possibilities are much less common. (It should also be noted that a grand jury's process and deliberations are secret.)

I agree, I don't think that the SP feels any regret or remorse and feels justified in getting rid of a "problem".

I agree, I don't think that the SP feels any regret or remorse and feels justified in getting rid of a "problem".

I agree.

So that means, imo, we're looking not just for someone with a motive, but someone with the temperment (righteousness, self-confidence) and the skills (careful planning, convincing another to join - as I think there are two perps). The perp has to be someone who would want to do this crime and know how to plan carefully and commit the crime without detection.

Personally, I also think it's someone older rather than younger just because of the patience that was needed. This wasn't an impulsive crime, but a slow one, even if the murder itself went quickly.

I think the second perp (if there is a second perp) is a follower rather than a partner in the planning process - someone who would follow orders out of loyalty or love.

TOTAL ARMCHAIR SPECULATION, nothing more than that. jmo

I agree.

So that means, imo, we're looking not just for someone with a motive, but someone with the temperment (righteousness, self-confidence) and the skills (careful planning, convincing another to join - as I think there are two perps). The perp has to be someone who would want to do this crime and know how to plan carefully and commit the crime without detection.

Personally, I also think it's someone older rather than younger just because of the patience that was needed. This wasn't an impulsive crime, but a slow one, even if the murder itself went quickly.

I think the second perp (if there is a second perp) is a follower rather than a partner in the planning process - someone who would follow orders out of loyalty or love.

TOTAL ARMCHAIR SPECULATION, nothing more than that. jmo

On 2nd perp-
Or possibly fear and being controlled - no suspect in mind- just another reason to follow- jmo

"Will this crime have a grand jury convened?"

If LE finds enough evidence to put someone on trial for this crime, then definitely yes. A grand jury is the body that provides an indictment based on evidence, which is part of the criminal trial process towards a conviction. And in theory, a grand jury could also be convened for investigative purposes, or to consider evidence which then doesn't bring about an indictment, but those possibilities are much less common. (It should also be noted that a grand jury's process and deliberations are secret.)
Just to add to your Grand Jury info. I served as foreperson on Grand Jury for a year in NC. Not only is the Grand Jury kept secret but on the cases given to the Grand Jury I served on, the identification of person or persons being considered for a "true bill", indictment was also kept secret from the jury. You heard the evidence and details of the case and based your decision upon that only.

I am REALLY PUZZLED as to why the entire family has been SO SILENT the last several months. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why they have not been visible and LOUD to raise awareness for justice in their loved ones VICIOUS and BRUTAL murder. Anyone, want to share their thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper