TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly believe that SP enjoyed the planning more than executing the plan. It is the planning, any planning, that fulfills them. They hold that as one of their strengths. It is likely their most visible contribution in any endeavor they participate in. They likely attribute all of their successes to their planning and thus plan everything. Even when they try to appear spontaneous they have meticulously planned it. This is the kind of individual MPD should be looking at.

As for spending the money for a one time deal you are looking for someone that always gets the right tools to do the job. They don't screw around with making do with what they have. Do it right or don't do it at all. If it is something they don't believe they have the skills to do they will hire someone with those skills. Money was no object.

I wouldn't presuppose that SP's spouse would ever be aware of the purchases unless they were in on it. I strongly suspect SP controls the finances in their household. I also wouldn't presuppose that any seller would remember these purchases either. It is not as if SP went to a single seller to buy all of these things as I suspect these purchases would have been made across several sellers and locations. SP would be highly inconspicuous in all of this. They wouldn't even be memorable in any way. That is how SP glides through life, nondescript and very often under-estimated. Which is how SP prefers to be seen and which SP uses to their advantage in many facets of their day to day life. This is the kind of individual MPD should be looking at.

You might find that strange. I believe those to be attributes of the person that killed Missy. I could very well be wrong.

Your proposed SP plans meticulously, chooses the right tools for the job etc. (I totally agree) In your line of thinking what is the reason for the apparent lack of firearm?Do you think SP is a felon and unable to obtain one? Do you think that SP is trying to stage a burglary and murders with a burglary tool for that reason? Do you think SP chose the break-in tools for the murder because SP wants to be super close as he strikes MB? What's your opinion on the most likely reason?

This is where I get stuck. The idea that someone so prepared for a murder did not bring a firearm (to complete the LE costume, even) is so off to me. It looks to me that SP is more prepared for a burglary-lurk the halls- kind of thing. Like an anti-social teen who hates his parents or a disgruntled/radicalized type person. A super-smart, ultra-prepared murderer would opt for the least hand-to-hand/hammer contact. The fact that MB could have clearly outrun SP is a huge variable - a prepared SP that knows MB would not rely on the proximity of a foot long hammer to get the job done - if murder was indeed the goal-- in my opinion.

Yes it was Jethros post. Thread 37 I believe. Pic of vehicle of interest parked by a dumpster.

I didn't see the pic, is it posted or are you just referencing it? thanks!

RBBM
From the article your both speaking of:
Candlelight vigil honors Terri "Missy" Bevers

More than 100 friends, family and co-workers gathered at Longbranch Elementary School Tuesday evening to celebrate the life of Terri "Missy" Bevers. Bevers was murdered early Monday morning at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian as she prepared for a Camp Gladiator training session. (Scott Dorsett / Daily Light)
http://www.waxahachietx.com/photogallery/TX/20160419/PHOTOGALLERY/419009996/PH/1?start=2

Wed 4/20/16 was Prayer at Creekside Church of Christ. Per Shirt SW, RB dropped shirt off on Friday, 4/22/16.

6/4/16
Lab tests show the blood on a shirt dropped off at a dry cleaners by the father-in-law of slain fitness instructor Missy Bevers is not human blood, Midlothian police say.
The family said the stains were animal blood from breaking up a fight between two of the family's dogs, police said.

Test results returned Monday from the UNT Health Science Center Laboratory definitively state a "test for the presence of human (primate) blood was negative," police said.

"Much conjecture has surrounded this shirt and the family member who dropped it off," police said in a statement. "We hope the release of this information will serve to resolve the questions that have arisen." http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...vers-father-in-law-not-human-blood-police-say

So the dog fight had not happened when this photo was taken.

rbb

Wondering if you have a source for BB saying the pants/shorts were nylon. ??? Thanks.

I thought it was strange that he "knew" this information so soon myself. Kind of odd that he detailed what the killer was wearing. Strange.

Your proposed SP plans meticulously, chooses the right tools for the job etc. (I totally agree) In your line of thinking what is the reason for the apparent lack of firearm?Do you think SP is a felon and unable to obtain one? Do you think that SP is trying to stage a burglary and murders with a burglary tool for that reason? Do you think SP chose the break-in tools for the murder because SP wants to be super close as he strikes MB? What's your opinion on the most likely reason?

This is where I get stuck. The idea that someone so prepared for a murder did not bring a firearm (to complete the LE costume, even) is so off to me. It looks to me that SP is more prepared for a burglary-lurk the halls- kind of thing. Like an anti-social teen who hates his parents or a disgruntled/radicalized type person. A super-smart, ultra-prepared murderer would opt for the least hand-to-hand/hammer contact. The fact that MB could have clearly outrun SP is a huge variable - a prepared SP that knows MB would not rely on the proximity of a foot long hammer to get the job done - if murder was indeed the goal-- in my opinion.
I have always believed that SP had at least one firearm. This is because I believe Missy was shot first and killed instantly. All other wounds were inflicted after her death. SP never intended to kill Missy in close combat in my opinion. SP was very much an ambush predator, but not taking any chances. At least that is how I view it.

I totally agree with you on this. What has bothered me ever since I first viewed the video following the police interview due to the bloody shirt being taken to the dry cleaners. Missy's father-in-law was totally struggling not to burst out laughing throughout the press questioning. He appeared to be amused by the entire situation. BB was being overly serious, obviously to me, during the comments to the press, all while his father was, IMO, enjoying every moment. There is no secret that he was not overly fond of MB. JMO, but a very strong opinion.

I agree, he did seem to be amused and also who would be worried about a shirt that got destroyed just when a family member had been murdered? I mean this whole family is odd.

I have always believed that SP had at least one firearm. This is because I believe Missy was shot first and killed instantly. All other wounds were inflicted after her death. SP never intended to kill Missy in close combat in my opinion. SP was very much an ambush predator, but not taking any chances. At least that is how I view it.

Let me ask you this... wasn't it reported that MB put up a fight? Not sure if that's correct.
I do agree about the gun. In your opinion, why do you think perp inflicted wounds after death? Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think we can say the SP does not have a firearm? I think the quality of the video is so bad we just are not able to see all that SP is carrying or wearing. But as we see these photos from NIN and others we may be able to hone in on details not seen before. I'm like you, a well prepared SP dressed to look like LE would definitely have a firearm. And I believe he does.

In your opinion, where is the gun in this scenario? There are a couple of places a super-prepared SP would keep a firearm on their body and we don't see one in the video. Why would SP have the gun anywhere other than where it is easily and safely accessible? You don't dress up like a cop and then put the gun in your fanny pack. No offense to fanny-pack enthusiasts! This organized SP would not have left a gun in the car to get it later, he would have dressed up and strapped up at the same time.

---------------------------------
Thanks, Boudy. Looked at the images generated by that search term. I never knew there was a security guard cosplay movement.
The Resident Evil video game created a lot of buzz in the gaming world. The Umbrella Corporation logo from the game is popular.
I believe the SP was just living out his fantasy of being a UC guard and making cops look bad at the same time, because he's physically unable to be one. I know a guy that's a gamer and he used to get into character when he was younger.

I also think the family had nothing to do with the murder.

A security guard would be someone that's out that early in the morning without questioning from others.

Attachments

• IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 59

I agree. In this picture I think we may be seeing a rear view of the grip in a leg holster. 20170204_203029.jpgIMG_1647_zps6acunxzb.jpgimages-1.jpgimages.jpg

To NiN:

attachment.php

My thoughts to your pic. :dunno:

Thanks for the comment. When you look at the individual frames before and after this capture, you will see, that the white bar is the result of overlapping knuckle reflections. It is not sufficient to only look at one - 1 - isolated frame. A good routine is to watch the video in slow motion, get an idea what to look for and then download the video and then dissect the layers.

-Nin

Agree!!

Let me ask you this... wasn't it reported that MB put up a fight? Not sure if that's correct.
I do agree about the gun. In your opinion, why do you think perp inflicted wounds after death? Thanks !

I am sure someone can correct or even quote MPD but I believe they had said "signs of a struggle" or something to that effect. Now it is entirely possible that there was a struggle and there is evidence such as defensive wounds on Missy but MPD has not released any kind of information like that. So, as of now I am still holding on to the firearm theory and that SP staged the scene where Missy was killed to give the appearance of a struggle. I could be very wrong about this but it is what I think happened.

As for why wounds were inflicted after death I believe primarily it was to hide that Missy was shot so that it would not be discovered until the autopsy or perhaps even not discovered by the initial autopsy at all. Leaving the tools at the scene that were consistent with the wounds would also seem consistent with SP's use of misdirection in many things that seemed to have taken place. One thing that I cannot rule out because we haven't seen the autopsy report is that the puncture wounds may not have been inflicted randomly as might be expected but rather the puncture wounds were specifically located and there were only a few specific puncture wounds. If this were to be true there is a very good chance it would be a clue to SP's identity.

I am sure someone can correct or even quote MPD but I believe they had said "signs of a struggle" or something to that effect. Now it is entirely possible that there was a struggle and there is evidence such as defensive wounds on Missy but MPD has not released any kind of information like that. So, as of now I am still holding on to the firearm theory and that SP staged the scene where Missy was killed to give the appearance of a struggle. I could be very wrong about this but it is what I think happened.

As for why wounds were inflicted after death I believe primarily it was to hide that Missy was shot so that it would not be discovered until the autopsy or perhaps even not discovered by the initial autopsy at all. Leaving the tools at the scene that were consistent with the wounds would also seem consistent with SP's use of misdirection in many things that seemed to have taken place. One thing that I cannot rule out because we haven't seen the autopsy report is that the puncture wounds may not have been inflicted randomly as might be expected but rather the puncture wounds were specifically located and there were only a few specific puncture wounds. If this were to be true there is a very good chance it would be a clue to SP's identity.

Very good! I didn't think about staging a struggle. Thanks!!!

I agree. In this picture I think we may be seeing a rear view of the grip in a leg holster.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
I have been trying to find something like that in the frames. Likely beyond my skill set to obtain. I have been rather intrigued by the left side of the left leg below the knee. It may not turn out to be anything but if SP had a firearm (or two) SP made every effort to make it difficult to see.

Very good! I didn't think about staging a struggle. Thanks!!!

The best I could figure is that SP was using a number of misdirections to both buy time to get rid of evidence such as the tactical gear and the murder weapon and while having MPD confused and having to investigate multiple scenarios all the while chasing ghosts.

I have been trying to find something like that in the frames. Likely beyond my skill set to obtain. I have been rather intrigued by the left side of the left leg below the knee. It may not turn out to be anything but if SP had a firearm (or two) SP made every effort to make it difficult to see.

Holster, vest, leg/shin guards, tools, it's alot to try to dissect from a grainy video. And I think these holsters meant to hold other tools and clips are not just obvious handgun-shaped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper