TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked for a case where a shoe print led investigators to a suspect.

You provided a case where shoe prints from multiple crime scenes connected the murders and indicated a single offender was responsible for all of those murders.

That is not the same thing. In fact, it supports my point. Each shoe print has evidentiary value only in that it can be compared to another. None led police to the identity of the killer.

According to the FBI, footwear (shoe prints) may potentially lead to a suspect. (link provided below) Therefore, I stand behind my statement. If you choose to think otherwise that's your choice and I respect your decision to do so. With that being said, I would like to mention that I don't believe LE has had any mention of footprints in this case. However, if they do have footprints from the crime scene they could be used to connect a suspect to the crime scene or lead LE to a suspect.

If anyone is interested, I did a quick google search and added a few links where footprints led directly to a suspect.

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/a...ions/fsc/july2009/review/2009_07_review02.htm

(Snipped and BBM from the link above)
Footwear impression evidence left behind at crime scenes may provide valuable investigative information even when suspects have not been apprehended yet. The FBI Laboratory maintains a footwear database that is a computerized reference collection of more than 14,000 shoe outsoles from hundreds of different footwear manufacturers. Many police departments and crime laboratories throughout the United States use similar computerized footwear databases. Examiners search questioned footwear impressions through these databases to determine the brand and/or model name of the footwear that left an impression at the crime scene. This investigative information may potentially lead to the suspect of the particular crime.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-brooklyn-folo-20161220-story.html

http://gazette.com/man-arrested-aft...olorado-springs-police-to-him/article/1544367

http://awm.com/it-takes-a-trained-e...olice-to-suspect-are-you-able-to-identify-it/

http://abc27.com/2015/01/30/police-shoe-prints-in-snow-led-to-theft-suspect/

The MPD video showing SP wandering through CC church displays 4386 frames/layers with a frame-rate of 30 fps.
So it takes quite a while to go through certain layers /frames sequences, export them, convert them and file them.
Consequently some frames/layers are going to more interesting than others, or just show certain aspects in a more explicit way.

Here are some interesting raw pictures I like to share. They are not edited, so you can process them yourself, if you wish. This one shows a possible patch over the white writing on the left upper side of SP's jacket:

Original layers/frames:

attachment.php

Re-sampled, but not edited otherwise:
attachment.php

Possible patch re-sampled, but not edited otherwise:

attachment.php

Attachments

• MB SP patch sequence.jpg
    MB SP patch sequence.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 528
  • MB SP patch sequence resized.jpg
    MB SP patch sequence resized.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 527
  • SP possible patch resampled.jpg
    SP possible patch resampled.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 513
As comparison, patches from ECSO, WPD and MPD:

attachment.php
attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• SO and PD Patches.jpg
    SO and PD Patches.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 326
  • SP possible patch resampled.jpg
    SP possible patch resampled.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 320
After all these months and nothing leading to a suspect and MB connection, I wonder if the motive all along was not murder and not burglary.

Just vandalism. He is unconcerned about being seen. He is walking around without a sense that someone might discover him. Maybe MB arrival was a huge surprise.

This might be someone who hated this church for some reason and was just bent on destruction.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

We should look at all possibilities. Including a talk with the pastor(s) to see if anyone was mad at them that they knew of. Check surrounding area, in particular, other churches.

But if what we see is the majority of the damage, they need to turn in their Vandal Union Card. Looks like there was more damaged getting inside the building than was damaged inside the building.

The vandalism looks a bit specific (mainly door lites).

No spray paint? No walls hammered? And I didn't see any joy or satisfaction that they derived from their destruction. Look but that doesn't seem to be the way the evidence (that we have seen) points.

We should look at all possibilities. Including a talk with the pastor(s) to see if anyone was mad at them that they knew of. Check surrounding area, in particular, other churches.

But if what we see is the majority of the damage, they need to turn in their Vandal Union Card. Looks like there was more damaged getting in the building than was damaged in the building.

The vandalism looks a bit specific (mainly door lites).

No spray paint? No walls hammered? And I didn't see any joy or satisfaction that they derived from their destruction. Look but that doesn't seem to be the way the evidence (that we have seen) points.
I don't disagree with you. Perhaps he/she was surprised by running into MB and never finished or got into the area he wanted? Otherwise the randomness of the damage seems so very odd.

The hand along the wall is a strong identifying characteristic since it is likely a lifelong habit, that when combined with the walk should make him identifiable to someone, unless he is a loner.

The outfit had to be purchased so if he lives with someone either he was really good at hiding it or he didn't have to if he lived alone.

Idk...just trying a different path, I guess, in frustration.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Here are two frames/layers showing SP holding a tool (hammer) in his or her left hand, holding a tool (pry bar) in his or her right hand, and a tool peeking out from his or her front right side pocket of the pants, so at least 3 tools:

Original layers:

attachment.php

Re-sampled and lightly edited:

attachment.php

Additional layer/raw out of sequence showing tool in pocket:

attachment.php

Interesting additional detail (spots) regarding the helmet. Original frame/layer:

attachment.php

Detail, possible water spots? Something else?

attachment.php

Attachments

• SP 3 Tools visible.jpg
    SP 3 Tools visible.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 308
  • SP 3 Tools visible resampled.png
    SP 3 Tools visible resampled.png
    355.9 KB · Views: 315
  • SP 3 Tools visible second picture cropped.png
    SP 3 Tools visible second picture cropped.png
    327.8 KB · Views: 313
  • SP 3 Tools visible second picture cropped helmet spots.png
    SP 3 Tools visible second picture cropped helmet spots.png
    380.8 KB · Views: 313
  • SP last sequence tool in right front pant pocket.png
    SP last sequence tool in right front pant pocket.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 306
The moment of SP entering the auditorium/sanctuary across from Dutch doors.

Raw frames/layers:

attachment.php

Cropped and re-sampled, lightly edited:

attachment.php

SP is holding the hammer up with his or her right hand. Object (flashlight..?) in left hand.

-Nin

Attachments

• SP object sequence plus headlight.png
    SP object sequence plus headlight.png
    599.1 KB · Views: 311
  • SP object sequence plus headlight resampled.png
    SP object sequence plus headlight resampled.png
    362.7 KB · Views: 311
I think these individual frames are very helpful. The shot walking toward/into the auditorium shows what B-Brat contended all along: this person isn't necessarily overweight or heavy (esp wearing that much stuff). I also think it confirms LE's contention that this is not a particularly tall person.

I think these individual frames are very helpful. The shot walking toward/into the auditorium shows what B-Brat contended all along: this person isn't necessarily overweight or heavy (esp wearing that much stuff). I also think it confirms LE's contention that this is not a particularly tall person.

I agree. Seems camera at a certain angle added weight to perp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are two frames/layers showing SP holding a tool (hammer) in his or her left hand, holding a tool (pry bar) in his or her right hand, and a tool peeking out from his or her front right side pocket of the pants, so at least 3 tools:

Original layers:

attachment.php

Re-sampled and lightly edited:

attachment.php

Additional layer/raw out of sequence showing tool in pocket:

attachment.php

Interesting additional detail (spots) regarding the helmet. Original frame/layer:

attachment.php

Detail, possible water spots? Something else?

attachment.php

A long time ago, that is what I thought was a second hammer.

The moment of SP entering the auditorium/sanctuary across from Dutch doors.

Raw frames/layers:

attachment.php

Cropped and re-sampled, lightly edited:

attachment.php

SP is holding the hammer up with his or her right hand. Object (flashlight..?) in left hand.

-Nin
Hope you don't mind but I wanted to point out something with SP's left leg. The same shape (especially with the left hand frame) can be seen on SP's left leg on the one frame you had worked up to get a better view of the strapping for the shin guards.

attachment.php

Attachments

• WhatsThis.png
    WhatsThis.png
    203.4 KB · Views: 384
According to the FBI, footwear (shoe prints) may potentially lead to a suspect. (link provided below) Therefore, I stand behind my statement. If you choose to think otherwise that's your choice and I respect your decision to do so. With that being said, I would like to mention that I don't believe LE has had any mention of footprints in this case. However, if they do have footprints from the crime scene they could be used to connect a suspect to the crime scene or lead LE to a suspect.

If anyone is interested, I did a quick google search and added a few links where footprints led directly to a suspect.

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/a...ions/fsc/july2009/review/2009_07_review02.htm

(Snipped and BBM from the link above)
Footwear impression evidence left behind at crime scenes may provide valuable investigative information even when suspects have not been apprehended yet. The FBI Laboratory maintains a footwear database that is a computerized reference collection of more than 14,000 shoe outsoles from hundreds of different footwear manufacturers. Many police departments and crime laboratories throughout the United States use similar computerized footwear databases. Examiners search questioned footwear impressions through these databases to determine the brand and/or model name of the footwear that left an impression at the crime scene. This investigative information may potentially lead to the suspect of the particular crime.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-brooklyn-folo-20161220-story.html

http://gazette.com/man-arrested-aft...olorado-springs-police-to-him/article/1544367

http://awm.com/it-takes-a-trained-e...olice-to-suspect-are-you-able-to-identify-it/

http://abc27.com/2015/01/30/police-shoe-prints-in-snow-led-to-theft-suspect/

I appreciate your diligence, but in the case links you provided the police were led to a suspect by physically following a trail of footprints, not by analyzing a shoe print to lead them to a suspect. Those are two very different things.

I'm aware of the FBI's database. The statement you quoted is very broad. In reality, it's successful in identifying brand, model, and size of the shoe that made a shoe impression. Police then need to determine if any person of interest owns or owned such shoes. The case where a shoe print could lead investigators to a suspect that isn't already on police radar is extremely rare.

The Simpson case had the potential to do so because the Bruno Magli shoes were rare and custom made. So there were records showing the small number of persons who had purchased that particular model in that particular size. In most cases, such records don't exist, and even if they did the pool of purchasers would be too large to provide a useful lead to police.

I think LE and all of us know that the perp wore bigger size boots that day. Jmo

I think atleast 2 sizes bigger. Jmo

I think LE and all of us know that the perp wore bigger size boots that day. Jmo

I think atleast 2 sizes bigger. Jmo

If you look at pictures Jethro just posted , it shoes perp walking and you can see right shoe bends a little.... too big!!!

If you look at pictures Jethro just posted , it shoes perp walking and you can see right shoe bends a little.... too big!!!

Agree. Its hard to bend the front part of a boot if a person's toes isn't all the way to the front of that boot.

So as I was looking at those pictures, I was wondering, everyone was trying to measure SPs height by the door frame.. But is it possible that fire extinguishers have to be at a certain height because of regulation? and we could maybe work off that for a reference point??

Hope you don't mind but I wanted to point out something with SP's left leg. The same shape (especially with the left hand frame) can be seen on SP's left leg on the one frame you had worked up to get a better view of the strapping for the shin guards.

attachment.php

Yep, you are right! Here is the other pic:

attachment.php

That look as if he is wearing shorts is definitely caused by KNEEPADS. I worked on the last sequence in the video:

Original frame:
attachment.php

Re-sampled and lightly edited (exposure and toning):

attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• workstation shinguards x.png
    workstation shinguards x.png
    537.1 KB · Views: 346
  • videoplayback0368.png
    videoplayback0368.png
    247 KB · Views: 342
  • SP KNEEPADS last sequence.png
    SP KNEEPADS last sequence.png
    245.1 KB · Views: 343
Agree. Its hard to bend the front part of a boot if a person's toes isn't all the way to the front of that boot.

Something I wouldn't think a random burglar or vandal would probably do.

Looks like a deliberate attempt at misdirection by someone who did NOT want to be identified at any cost. And may have experience on what LE would see and look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper