TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the "the perp is seen going down a hall" was either a mistake or they got the order confused. Because if he was seen after, I want to see that video, today!!! Maybe ArkMimi can inquire mpd about that particular statement.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

And if LE was confused with the sequencing, imagine how off we might be with partial information. I admire the WS devoted to MB's justice. So sad this case is where it is right now. Not even knowing if SP is a male or female, yet we have video evidence is just plain sickening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think, jmo, that Missy was murdered in the church. I really get intrigued by your posts but I just cant see the sp(s) killing her elsewhere...that would be a huge risk being seen in multiple places. The sp was observed in one place (church) and that was a lower risk to be seen in regards to killing her in another location that the public could observe.Missy was boxed in the church and I truly believe the sp(s) knew of her inside set up routine precisely by first hand knowledge. Im still on the fence regarding the Altima and the gun store video as a second location that the sp was seen.
Agree with your point of view that she was killed in the church. Some have thought, and I do, that more than one person carried out this crime in some capacity. MB was boxed in as you say Imo and easily so if sp had an accomplice to keep watch. All JMOO

And if LE was confused with the sequencing, imagine how off we might be with partial information. I admire the WS devoted to MB's justice. So sad this case is where it is right now. Not even knowing if SP is a male or female, yet we have video evidence is just plain sickening.

Agree, too many gaps in videos, info from LE to really know the scope of this crime. It seems that this crime is still being followed-pretty heavily and some are relentless in keeping a focus on it. That is great for the case and bad for perp(s). Keep shining the bright light you know :)

I think the "the perp is seen going down a hall" was either a mistake or they got the order confused. Because if he was seen after, I want to see that video, today!!! Maybe ArkMimi can inquire mpd about that particular statement.

Doesn't seem like a mistake to me. It was Spann that said it, during that first presser on 4/18, and it was in answer to a direct question about whether the perp is seen after the assault:

Reporter: Did the suspect stay around after the assault happened?

Captain John Spann: I believe he left shortly after that. Again, going
back, piecing together the videos, because you're getting different angles,
depending on what cameras, but I don't believe – – he left pretty much
right after that occurred. I don't believe he went into other – – we don't have
any
indication that he went anywhere else, into any other rooms, within the
building after the assault took place.

(I'm skipping one unrelated question and answer. BBM below)

Female Reporter: And is he seen fleeing? Is he seen after the assault?

Captain John Spann: Again, we see him walking down one
of the hallways,
but presumably he went out the way he came
in, which was through a metal door that had a glass window
that was broken out. And, again, this is all speculation on our
part that he broke the window and reached inside to open
the door, but we also have a second and third windows that
were broken, but we don't have any evidence that
anybody
ever went through them. They were just broken.

Doesn't seem like a mistake to me. It was Spann that said it, during that first presser on 4/18, and it was in answer to a direct question about whether the perp is seen after the assault:

depending on what cameras, but I don't believe – – he left pretty much
right after that occurred. I don't believe he went into other – – we don't have
any

of the hallways,
anybody

Sorry, but that's one extremely confusing response and imo, he did not directly answer her question.

Sorry, but that's one extremely confusing response and imo, he did not directly answer her question.

Agree that it's confusing. But I'm inclined to go with what he says in the first sentence after her direct question on whether the perp is seen after the assault. "Again, we see him walking down one of the hallways." It seems to me, IMHO, that he then starts to ramble after that when he gets into the description of the kitchen and leaving the way he came in. I think Spann just lost track of the question and was thinking more about how the perp came into the building. But I lean toward the beginning of his response being accurate to the question. That's not definitive, though, certainly.

Edited to add: Rather than Spann being confused, I actually think he was just trying to clarify why it is that they think the metal door in the kitchen was the point of entry, since he had just said that they presumed the perp went out the way that he came in.

And if you act like everything after the first sentence of his response isn't there, then it seems crystal clear - to me, at least - that he means to say that the perp is seen walking down a hallway after the assault occurred.

MPD has stated that Missy was seen inside the church walking, which they also swore to under oath with the search warrant for obtaining the contents of Missy's iPhone and iPad.

Also, at one point didn't they first release a pic of MB walking inside the church or was that just my imagination??

That's why I think that we have not seen all of the video!!! After the murder. I think BB did. Really bugs me that this murder was such a RARE occurrence in Midlothian that It would be on citizens minds ALL this time until the perp is caught. I think at
least someone, other than the perp KNOWS........maybe a bunch of people do. JMO Perp is being protected..............such a shame Missy is dead, but nothing to see here, let's move on with our self-righteous lives. UGH

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball3804 View Post
But then LE contradicted the "never seen again" statement by saying that the perp is seen going down a hallway afterward.

Maybe arkansasmimi can link the statement. I just don't have it handy.

Yall make me laugh.
Most important is you have to remember what statements were stated when, who stated them and what became known. AFTER the autopsy, not another mention of the injuries. The only 2 that do were prepared prior to the autopsy but signed after completed

**JMHO, Suspect could very well have went out the NW doors that we can see at opposite end of doors MB entered (direction we see Suspect coming from can see those doors) OR for that matter could have left out the front, West doors (the glass front of church) but would all depend upon when the Suspect actually exited the building JMHO ..JMHO most sense to me would be leaving either NW doors, as unless Suspect left the door propped open/or unlocked exiting Kitchen into Room 8 or exiting Kitchen into North hallway, would have gotten locked out of Kitchen to leave that way. **We see Suspect walking out of Room 8 and that door is propped open (does not close or move after Suspect walks on down hall), but we do not know if that is when Suspect first was caught on video or if some of the Suspects wandering the halls. Door from Kitchen into Room 8 is kept locked. < Common sense says that door into the Kitchen kept locked from outside. No entry unless have a key,left open or left unlocked. JMHO

4/18 First press conf 4/18 is where Capt Spann spoke of Suspect movements : http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12592838#post12592838

4/19 signed at 5:56pm the SW to extract MB iPhone & iPad: Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video.

4/21 ATT Tower Dump : The unknown suspect is the only person detected within the building during a period of approximately thirty (30) minutes when the victim and decedent, Terri “Missy” Leann Bevers, was murdered, and it is reasonably believed that
the said unknown suspect is responsible in part or in full for murdering Ms. Bevers.

In re-reading Capt. Spann's comments on 4/18 about the kitchen and why it's thought that the metal door was the point of entry and presumably also the point of exit, there is something interesting to me in what he said. I'd like to know what you guys make of it.
bbm

Captain John Spann: Again, we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the way he came in, which was through a metal door that had a glass window that was broken out. And, again, this is all speculation on our part that he broke the window and reached inside to open the door, but we also have a second and third windows that were broken, but we don't have any evidence that anybody ever went through them. They were just broken.

Hmm. So they don't "have any evidence" that the perp went through the second and third windows. Well, what kind of evidence would he leave even if he did go through one of those windows? He is covered head to toe. He wouldn't leave fingerprints or blood, presumably. You would think the glass would break into small enough pieces that they wouldn't pierce the clothing and cause him to drip blood.

So I'm guessing the perp either dripped water in from the rain or else tracked some mud in. LE would have seen the mess in front of the door, but no mess in front of the two windows. Therefore, he came in through the door.

Also guessing here that the kitchen had either cloth or paper towels. Perp doesn't indicate being wet at all in any of the video (that was released, anyway). So I assume he cleaned himself up with the towels before going further.

And that's interesting behavior, which I don't know what to make of. If you're going to go thru the building smashing windows and prying doors open, why do you care whether you track water or mud around? Unless you're just concerned about slipping and falling.

I also wonder, if he cleaned himself in the kitchen with paper towels, did he just throw them on the floor or did he find a trash can and throw them away? Because those types of things should help the FBI construct a profile of this person.

This has me thinking about another case I followed close and some SW were thrown out/not able to use. Judge deemed a SW to home and veh as General/overbroad warrants. (Beverly Carter murder) AL was convicted and is appealing to the Supreme Court of AR, automatic with LWOP or Death sentence. State of AR is Cross Appealing. This will effect other cases if the SC doesn't side with the State.

In this case while the Probable Cause Affidavit is not the complete info they have, it has to be factual. I am unsure if the Suspect is not seen again or not, but if IS then this could potentially get the evidence taken by SW that list as such thrown out. JMHO There is a reason the SW's changed in language and I do not think it has to do with just the Investigator who wrote out the SW.

Cannonball, Razz, it is confusing how Spann said it, but JMHO he was referencing back to his prior comment. Stating what they saw, JMHO it could all be one statement same thought process continued (read it all together). Spann is over CID, he knew exactly what he was saying and had seen the videos from each camera. Do not think he didn't know what he was speaking of at the time. He is one who cut Smiths questions off and stated would answer more questions to let Chief Smith get back to what he needed to.

YOUR AFFIANT&#8217;S PROBABLE CAUSE
The recitation of facts contained in this Affidavit is not meant to be a complete narrative of all information that is known to Your Affiant, but only a summary of facts, to necessitate the establishment of sufficient probable cause, in support of this affidavit, for the issuance of this Evidentiary Search Warrant.

This has me thinking about another case I followed close and some SW were thrown out/not able to use. Judge deemed a SW to home and veh as General/overbroad warrants. (Beverly Carter murder) AL was convicted and is appealing to the Supreme Court of AR, automatic with LWOP or Death sentence. State of AR is Cross Appealing. This will effect other cases if the SC doesn't side with the State.

In this case while the Probable Cause Affidavit is not the complete info they have, it has to be factual. I am unsure if the Suspect is not seen again or not, but if IS then this could potentially get the evidence taken by SW that list as such thrown out. JMHO There is a reason the SW's changed in language and I do not think it has to do with just the Investigator who wrote out the SW.

Cannonball, Razz, it is confusing how Spann said it, but JMHO he was referencing back to his prior comment. Stating what they saw, JMHO it could all be one statement same thought process continued (read it all together). Spann is over CID, he knew exactly what he was saying and had seen the videos from each camera. Do not think he didn't know what he was speaking of at the time. He is one who cut Smiths questions off and stated would answer more questions to let Chief Smith get back to what he needed to.

YOUR AFFIANT’S PROBABLE CAUSE
The recitation of facts contained in this Affidavit is not meant to be a complete narrative of all information that is known to Your Affiant, but only a summary of facts, to necessitate the establishment of sufficient probable cause, in support of this affidavit, for the issuance of this Evidentiary Search Warrant.

In re-reading Capt. Spann's comments on 4/18 about the kitchen and why it's thought that the metal door was the point of entry and presumably also the point of exit, there is something interesting to me in what he said. I'd like to know what you guys make of it.
bbm

Captain John Spann: Again, we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the way he came in, which was through a metal door that had a glass window that was broken out. And, again, this is all speculation on our part that he broke the window and reached inside to open the door, but we also have a second and third windows that were broken, but we don't have any evidence that anybody ever went through them. They were just broken.

Hmm. So they don't "have any evidence" that the perp went through the second and third windows. Well, what kind of evidence would he leave even if he did go through one of those windows? He is covered head to toe. He wouldn't leave fingerprints or blood, presumably. You would think the glass would break into small enough pieces that they wouldn't pierce the clothing and cause him to drip blood.

So I'm guessing the perp either dripped water in from the rain or else tracked some mud in. LE would have seen the mess in front of the door, but no mess in front of the two windows. Therefore, he came in through the door.

Also guessing here that the kitchen had either cloth or paper towels. Perp doesn't indicate being wet at all in any of the video (that was released, anyway). So I assume he cleaned himself up with the towels before going further.

And that's interesting behavior, which I don't know what to make of. If you're going to go thru the building smashing windows and prying doors open, why do you care whether you track water or mud around? Unless you're just concerned about slipping and falling.

I also wonder, if he cleaned himself in the kitchen with paper towels, did he just throw them on the floor or did he find a trash can and throw them away? Because those types of things should help the FBI construct a profile of this person.

I have wondered if perp put down plastic or whatever.. like a painter uses. Did he use umbrella to keep dry and leave on plastic?? When SW is leaving, he can pull plastic up and put in car.... off he goes. Not sure...

Yall make me laugh.
Most important is you have to remember what statements were stated when, who stated them and what became known. AFTER the autopsy, not another mention of the injuries. The only 2 that do were prepared prior to the autopsy but signed after completed

**JMHO, Suspect could very well have went out the NW doors that we can see at opposite end of doors MB entered (direction we see Suspect coming from can see those doors) OR for that matter could have left out the front, West doors (the glass front of church) but would all depend upon when the Suspect actually exited the building JMHO ..JMHO most sense to me would be leaving either NW doors, as unless Suspect left the door propped open/or unlocked exiting Kitchen into Room 8 or exiting Kitchen into North hallway, would have gotten locked out of Kitchen to leave that way. **We see Suspect walking out of Room 8 and that door is propped open (does not close or move after Suspect walks on down hall), but we do not know if that is when Suspect first was caught on video or if some of the Suspects wandering the halls. Door from Kitchen into Room 8 is kept locked. < Common sense says that door into the Kitchen kept locked from outside. No entry unless have a key,left open or left unlocked. JMHO

4/18 First press conf 4/18 is where Capt Spann spoke of Suspect movements : http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12592838#post12592838

4/19 signed at 5:56pm the SW to extract MB iPhone & iPad: Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video.

4/21 ATT Tower Dump : The unknown suspect is the only person detected within the building during a period of approximately thirty (30) minutes when the victim and decedent, Terri &#8220;Missy&#8221; Leann Bevers, was murdered, and it is reasonably believed that
the said unknown suspect is responsible in part or in full for murdering Ms. Bevers.

I live to make people laugh. Just wish more often they would be laughing WITH me, not AT me. ;)

Regarding the "neither the suspect nor victim were seen again on video". While I'm familiar with the verbiage from early in the investigation, I think context is everything here. If you have it handy, can you post the paragraphs preceding and following that statement? It's been awhile since I read it, but my assumption was that they were talking about the events leading up to the murder. As in, "we see the perp walking around for 30 mins. Then we see MB arrive. We see her walking toward the suspect's location. She moves out of range of the camera and then we don't see her or the suspect again... while both are still alive."

Just my interpretation. I fully believe that there is video of the perp walking down the hallway after the murder, because that's exactly what Spann says when asked the question.

I don't know what you're referencing when you refer to her injuries or what is said in the ATT tower dump. Razz and I were talking only about whether or not the suspect is seen on video after the murder.

Okay, I found the SW affidavit concerning "neither the suspect nor victim is seen again on video." Here is the relevant part:

attachment.php

As arkansasmimi noted, this was from just the day after the murder. I can see some problems with it factually, indicating that it was hastily prepared. The perp was seen "going through offices" is poor wording. Unless he actually broke in to the church offices while inside and it's part of unreleased video, what we really see is him going through hallways and going in classrooms. "Offices" would apply more to a business, not a church.

So I think it would be hard to read thru this and accept it as the inerrant, infallible Word of MPD. But... again, the part about "not seen again on video" is mostly referring to what happens leading up to the murder. Not necessarily something that occurs afterward. I can see it going either way. Mimi, do you want to take a shot at asking MPD to clarify, or shall I?

Attachments

• notseenagain.JPG
    notseenagain.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 299
LE are going to pursue the tips they have. I believe that early in the investigation, everyone close to the situation was sure that it was targeted. Not really because evidence pointed to it, but because it's hard to get your mind around a murder in a church by someone in a police uniform being an unintentional event.

And I think LE was pre-disposed to believe it was targeted anyway, even without any tips. The media interviewed the Tarleton State former police chief. There was also a female former chief interviewed. Both looked at the video and had the knee-jerk reaction that this was someone who knew MB, who targeted her specifically.

I call BS on that, btw. Just because an event occurs that is out of the ordinary, that doesn't mean it was planned. And inexplicable movements caught on camera don't make the perp cunning and intelligent. Any more than some strange statements by Peter Sellers' character made him a smart and powerful person in "Being There".

Anyhoo, MPD had people in their ear telling them it was a love triangle. And they had seen with their own eyes the messages between MB and CW. So they spent all their time investigating various people and not following the random angle at all.

When they started looking at untargeted was when the other stuff didn't pan out. They got the FB stuff back and then let it become unsealed by late June / early July after it held no evidentiary value. And the Altima info released in late May didn't turn up anything either. I'm sure they were hoping that someone would come forward and say they saw a car just like that at BB's house a few days before the murder, or that they recognized that as being a car belonging to a friend of CT, etc

None of that happened. So when the evidence doesn't lead you toward anything planned or intentional, a smart LE starts to look at alternatives.
I totally disagree that LE concluded that the murder was a targeted hit from a 'knee jerk' reaction. The murderer most likely disabled and murdered MB immediately by puncturing her head with a pointed, pick hammer. Following the coup de gras, the murderer took the time to beat her repeatedly in the face and breast area. I would not be surprised to eventually find that a photo was taken to prove to someone that, as directed, they inflicted the most 'up close and personal' injuries possible that the time frame allowed.

Absolutely nothing was gathered from the church to carry out to a waiting vehicle. The murderer walked non-chalantly around the church just killing time until their intended target arrived. The injuries inflicted indicates, IMO, that a female desired the end result. Doesn't necessarily mean a jealous person, could be someone who despised her and thought MB only thought about her looks and her body and put herself first instead of her husband and children.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

$50,000 has got to mean something of value to someone who holds valuable information.

The bottle he has in backpack (backseat center of first car photo) is also in the cup holder of car in two places. The last licsense plate shown isn't a star. Look at gamewarden tags. It's a bird fluttering. You have a deer,bear, and I believe a trout. Wildlife tag....And who cares about the reward this a murder of the mother of three young girls. Who cares where it came from.

urtxtigress my apologies are extended. My point was to bring to the forefront that there is a sizable $50k reward available for information.... I would like to see the reward doubled, personally.

depending on what cameras, but I don't believe &#8211; &#8211; he left pretty much
right after that occurred. I don't believe he went into other &#8211; &#8211; we don't have
any

of the hallways,
anybody

What do you make of the probably cause affidavits for the search warrants for Missy's truck (after Spann spoke. 4/18) and for the forensic extractions of her iPhone and iPad (after Spann spoke. 4/19) where it is stated that neither the victim nor SP were seen again after Missy had gone out of range. I would think if they knew otherwise they couldn't state what they did, correct?

Since the press conferences are being dissected again, I'll mention something that bothered me when about a month ago I listened to the initial press conference again. Spann states he had not yet seen the video when he was answering questions. He referenced stills from the video he had seen, but he had not seen the video when he was speaking.

[video=youtube;XNLtwTK2hq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8[/video]

~8:58 - 9:05.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads