TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first, I do believe they felt it was untargeted. But after viewing the videos and then interviewing witnesses, it became apparent to them it was targeted. Husband out of town, revelations Missy was or had "affairs", fil out of town, scorned women who may have wanted her dead, scorned men who may have wanted her dead, the timing, the location, nothing missing from the church, the SP's actions and lack of how to break in, the way they were dressed
in a SWAT outfit, no worry about looking directly into the camera, the car in the SWFA parking lot....

I did and still do find it interesting
that the PD stated it appeared SP spent a lot of time in the kitchen
, and their belief SP exited the same place where he entered. What makes them say that? I can't make it work that SP would have exited the same way he came in. The camera in the NE corner would have caught that.

And maybe they've come back to the untargeted theory because it was a prospect they never seriously considered and because other leads haven't panned out. (that we are aware of)

But....it is still my opinion that MB was targeted. Too many reasons why and not enough reasons why it was a burglary in process. But, all bases need to be covered and they would be remiss not to investigate all angles. (Unless MPD thought refocusing it on murder while burglary in process would quiet the masses and /or hoping that SP will lower their defenses and slip up.)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

bbm

Well, this! Why was that emphasized??

bbm

Well, this! Why was that emphasized??

I’m glad this issue was brought up again (SP spending a lot of time in the kitchen)… maybe SP left signs of changing clothes in there – or things were moved around – or who knows what else – having a snack? Not to be funny but one could read a lot into what LE was getting at. Maybe LE has stayed mum about what they found in the kitchen in order to trip up any POIs or suspects.

Respectfully, that was not a fact of MB entering through the main entrance to the West side of the building. That was peoples theories and it was incorrect. And we know for a fact because MPD clarified, that MB entered the building where her truck was parked. SW side of building. **If by media you mean NG, she is clearly wrong and has been on many things on this case.
View attachment 110007
ETA: Do not mean this snarky toward you, much respect to you FromGermany....from Arkansasmimi :loveyou:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-32&p=12687988#post12687988

Thanks! :) But I remember the West main entrance first mentioned by media (rather not NG). AND I remember also our endless WS discussion re the actual entrance (which changed IMO). I remember how I feared for MB to be forced going around the building in the pitch dark night and during severe storm/rain to open the SW doors from inside.

Maybe, you are right and I do remember very wrong. Then okay, we will concentrate on the SW door as always.

I’m glad this issue was brought up again (SP spending a lot of time in the kitchen)… maybe SP left signs of changing clothes in there – or things were moved around – or who knows what else – having a snack? Not to be funny but one could read a lot into what LE was getting at. Maybe LE has stayed mum about what they found in the kitchen in order to trip up any POIs or suspects.

I've seen several references here lately misquoting LE as saying the perp spent "a lot of time" in the kitchen. They never said that.

What they did say was that the perp was in the kitchen for some period of time before being first seen on camera at 3:50.

Their wording was vague IMHO because they have no way of knowing when the perp first breached the building. So he could have spent 2 minutes in the kitchen or 20. They don't know, and they didn't say "a lot".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! :) But I remember the West main entrance mentioned by media. AND I remember also our endless discussion re the actual entrance (which changed IMO).

NG is only Media I remember and I also tried to Google, I very much remember the endless discussion lol I was part of it. Hugs

I've seen several references here lately misquoting LE as saying the perp spent "a lot of time" in the kitchen. They never said that.

What they did say was that the perp was in the kitchen for some period of time before being first seen on camera at 3:50.

Their wording was vague IMHO because they have no way of knowing when the perp first breached the building. So he could have spent 2 minutes in the kitchen or 20. They don't know, and they didn't say "a lot".

I'm not sure how they'd know how long SP spent in the Kitchen area. Did SP first appear on camera at Kitchen door? I'm guessing that's where SP broke in and they saw the car enter the parking lot prior at some point?

I was not trying to misquote LE. I don&#8217;t see that it&#8217;s a big deal to paraphrase by saying &#8220;a lot&#8221; instead of &#8220;some time.&#8221; <mod snip>

Have been looking for this. Found it! Where Capt Spann stated the JP did go to the scene. There was discussion a while back maybe last thread

Captain John Spann: Like I said, we're not going to go into details right now. The justice of the peace in Ellis County is who pronounces somebody deceased. Bill Woody, who responded to the scene, pronounced her deceased, and then her body was taken to the Dallas Medical Examiner's Office who &#8211;&#8211;they'll determine what type or possible type of weapons and the injuries that are on her. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12592838#post12592838

Also MB autopsy:
Tuesday (4/19/16) morning at 7:30 a.m., the Dallas County Medical Examiner will perform an autopsy to determine Bevers' exact cause of death http://www.wfaa.com/&#8230;/woman-found-dead-inside-mid&#8230;/140954492

I was not trying to misquote LE. I don&#8217;t see that it&#8217;s a big deal to paraphrase by saying &#8220;a lot&#8221; instead of &#8220;some time.&#8221; <mod snip>

Several people all said it, yours was just the most recent, so that was what I did the reply to. I was not picking on you, just clarifying what we know and what we don't know. If enough people say "a lot of time in the kitchen" without anyone saying differently, then it becomes something that we all think we know when we really don't. Words DO matter.

For the record, Razz said that LE stated that the perp spent a lot of time in the kitchen. Then FromGermany perked up at that wording and wanted to know why they emphasized that (they didn't). Which then led to your reply which speculated what LE might know about what the perp did in the kitchen - but again, all built around the supposition that there must be some weight to the statement that the perp spent a lot of time there.

<snipped to save space>

Could someone have driven Missy's truck and pretended to unload some gear etc. and walk toward the West doors and walk directly out after? How about someone that looks approximately like Missy? Wearing a hooded jacket where the face isn't seen clearly? It was raining after all...

The scenario where she was murdered away from the church would require multiple perps (at least two), and likely at least one would have to be in contact with her prior to her death.

IMO this would explain many things:

• Casual demeanor of SP in the church (they're just staging and waiting, perhaps even with lookout(s) and radio comm)
  • No video of her driving up under porteco and/or entering the building released
  • No 911 calls released
  • No autopsy or cause of death released

My mind has gone through a lot of scenarios over the months, and I keep coming back to how risky an ambush in the church hall would be (even with a gun or similar weapon). There's a lot of 'what ifs' that crop up in my mind.

How do you seemingly plan something like this down to the potential detail of her walking down a certain hallway? What if she altered her routine even slightly, like bringing someone with her OR having her gun on her as she entered the church etc etc? At that point do you abort? What if this was attempted at a prior date and aborted for some reason? Has LE checked out earlier video from the church or SWFA for something suspicious like a car parking at church and then leaving before her class starts?

It would be really interesting to be a fly on the wall at Midlo PD's case room...

BBM - I thought the same. Also don't forget that the "clean up" was fast. Many of us thought that they released the crime scene too fast. Does make you wonder. I thought about when was the last time someone SEEN her alive? Surely it was that evening as the girls were home in bed. But that thought just went through my mind. BB said he talked to her on her phone, what if it wasn't her? I am sure my mind is wandering off (sorry) I am worried this isn't going to get settled. MOO All this may have been discussed before.

Ellis County Sheriff Dept - just saw this on Dallas Morning News about Ellis County Sheriff Dept. This place reminds me of the fox watching the hen house.

WAXAHACHIE — Not long ago, Kevin Coffey was the top cop in a city of roughly 900 people.

Now he's got legal trouble of his own.
Coffey, 51, is on trial in Ellis County this week on allegations that he sexually assaulted a teenager while he was the Maypearl police chief. He is also accused of sending sexually explicit messages to another teen.
Coffey has pleaded not guilty to charges of indecency with a child and sexual assault of a child.
In opening statements Tuesday morning, prosecutors accused the former U.S. Marine of betraying the trust of the people he was supposed to protect as a police officer.

“You will learn that in 2015, the mask of Kevin Coffey — the person we trusted, the person we gave the keys to our city to — came off,” Assistant District Attorney Ricky Sipes told jurors.
Prosecutors say Coffey talked to the young daughter of a water system worker on Skype and met her in his office, where he stuck his hands down her pants and his fingers up her genitals.
Coffey’s defense attorney, James Jenkins, told jurors that testimony from his side will show it’s unlikely what the alleged victim said could “possibly have happened.”
“He’s not on trial for, you know, maybe being nasty, being ugly,” Jenkins said.
But prosecutors have also alleged that Coffey sent inappropriate messages to another teenager in Maypearl.
The girl, now 17, testified on Tuesday that she was “young, stupid” and insecure around age 14. She waited tables at a diner and went to rehab twice for abusing drugs.

She testified that she initially thought it was cool that the cop was friendly with her. But, she said, Coffey would make comments about her body and send her messages that made her feel uncomfortable.
One time, she said, he sent her a photo of handcuffs and told her he would “cuff u and put u on the hood again and smack that *advertiser censored* lol.”
The girl said she kept quiet at first —she didn’t want her mother’s business to be affected — but eventually confided in a co-worker who told the girl’s mother. The Texas Rangers were notified.
“He’s a cop and a family friend — he shouldn’t be talking to me like that," the girl testified. None of the women who testified about Coffey's alleged advances are being named in this story. The News does not usually identify alleged victims in sexual assault cases.
The girl's mother said in testimony that she was shocked when she found out about her daughter's conversations with Coffey.
"I trusted him," the mom said, her voice shaking.
Coffey joined the Maypearl Police Department in 2010 and became police chief in 2013. He resigned shortly after his arrest in July 2015.
A month after his arrest in Ellis County, authorities in Johnson County charged him with sexual assault of a child and indecency with a child by contact outside of their jurisdiction.
In Hill County he is charged with sexual performance by a child and indecency with a child, court records show.

To me, it would be interesting to see the last few videos of when she had the bootcamp at that location...any random cars in the parking lot..maybe sitting and watching from afar. Or the video from the night before....to see if there was anyone in the parking lot area or the Shop down the road to see if the camry were there the night before, maybe scoping out the place, etc.

On another note....was there anything of value a perp might be interested in stealing from the church? If so, where was it located? Could this be an actual person looking for something, doing a little vandalizing, and panicked when Missy came in?

BBM
If it was an intended theft, I would think they would have taken her rings. They were reportedly still on her finger. I think it was a target. JMO

BBM - I thought the same. Also don't forget that the "clean up" was fast. Many of us thought that they released the crime scene too fast. Does make you wonder. I thought about when was the last time someone SEEN her alive? Surely it was that evening as the girls were home in bed. But that thought just went through my mind. BB said he talked to her on her phone, what if it wasn't her? I am sure my mind is wandering off (sorry) I am worried this isn't going to get settled. MOO All this may have been discussed before.

IIRC didn't someone on here did a little research and find that the avg. time for homicide crime scene processing but I can't remember the number.

So, response around 5 am and cleared by noon is under 7 hours in this case. Sounds rushed to me, but I'm not an expert.

It would be critical to know if Missy left the house early that night, and I'm assuming LE knows these details via phone pings and interviews.

Several people all said it, yours was just the most recent, so that was what I did the reply to. I was not picking on you, just clarifying what we know and what we don't know. If enough people say "a lot of time in the kitchen" without anyone saying differently, then it becomes something that we all think we know when we really don't. Words DO matter.

For the record, Razz said that LE stated that the perp spent a lot of time in the kitchen. Then FromGermany perked up at that wording and wanted to know why they emphasized that (they didn't). Which then led to your reply which speculated what LE might know about what the perp did in the kitchen - but again, all built around the supposition that there must be some weight to the statement that the perp spent a lot of time there.
Yes, it was Razz. But I still wonder about those comments: Spent some time in the kitchen and it appeared he exited the way he came in. What makes them think the above?! Especially the exit part.

The kitchen thing has been around since thread one! Back then I thought that the other sp stayed in the kitchen while the other sp played dressed up in the hallways.

Yes, it was Razz. But I still wonder about those comments: Spent some time in the kitchen and it appeared he exited the way he came in. What makes them think the above?! Especially the exit part.

LE - not sure if it was Smith or Spann or Johnson - said that the perp is seen going down a hallway. They don't say which hallway. They also don't characterize whether the perp was strolling or sprinting. But I'm just guessing that they based the kitchen exit on the following:

The time stamp of it. They would have had earlier timestamped video showing MB moving toward perp's location and she isn't seen again

The direction the perp is going down the unspecified hallway may have been away from the camera toward the kitchen, with no other cameras picking up the perp after that. So by process of elimination, they would guess that he probably had to leave through the kitchen.... JMHO

LE - not sure if it was Smith or Spann or Johnson - said that the perp is seen going down a hallway. They don't say which hallway. They also don't characterize whether the perp was strolling or sprinting. But I'm just guessing that they based the kitchen exit on the following:

The time stamp of it. They would have had earlier timestamped video showing MB moving toward perp's location and she isn't seen again

The direction the perp is going down the unspecified hallway may have been away from the camera toward the kitchen, with no other cameras picking up the perp after that. So by process of elimination, they would guess that he probably had to leave through the kitchen.... JMHO

The last time SP was viewed was wherever he went awaiting Missy's arrival. It was stated neither was seen on camera again.

It's not seeing SP after the murder is what confounds me and how they can say they think he left the way he came in. I don't buy that for one minute.

The last time SP was viewed was wherever he went awaiting Missy's arrival. It was stated neither was seen on camera again.

It's not seeing SP after the murder is what confounds me and how they can say they think he left the way he came in. I don't buy that for one minute.

But then LE contradicted the "never seen again" statement by saying that the perp is seen going down a hallway afterward.

Maybe arkansasmimi can link the statement. I just don't have it handy.

But then LE contradicted the "never seen again" statement by saying that the perp is seen going down a hallway afterward.

Maybe arkansasmimi can link the statement. I just don't have it handy.
I think the "the perp is seen going down a hall" was either a mistake or they got the order confused. Because if he was seen after, I want to see that video, today!!! Maybe ArkMimi can inquire mpd about that particular statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member