TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What channel is it on? I don't normally follow this kind of stuff... but it's in my backyard. Hello.

I think it's CBS. There were some really interesting points. One of them said when a person is about to be caught they'll fight, flight or freeze. It's so interesting!! I mean this is a reality show, so I can't even fathom how much harder real LEO work for an actual murderer. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a very stupid question, sorry, but:

Can we really rely on the statement from LE that MB had entered the church alive and was murdered there (not already shot in front of her house at Red O*k)? We (the public) don't know a surveillance video which would show MB how she arrives at the church and enters the hallway ....

We've discussed poss reasons for SP's choice of outfit - one is that SP wanted to prevent LE from ID'ing him/her, but did SP want MB to know SP's identity?

If so, then SP w head to toe cover up could either
1, just talk to MB, let her recognize SP's voice OR
2. say to MB "It's me, first & last name." If SP's name by itself would not given SP's ID away, SP could have explained connection/relationship .

But if SP* spoke to MB, did SP know that church's sec cams did not record audio**?

Thoughts? Anyone? Thx in adv.

** I'm azz-uming there was no audio recording, although AFAIK we have no official church or LE confirmation of that.

Maybe a very stupid question, sorry, but:

Can we really rely on the statement from LE that MB had entered the church alive and was murdered there (not already shot in front of her house at Red O*k)? We (the public) don't know a surveillance video which would show MB how she arrives at the church and enters the hallway ....

So someone else would've had to have driven her truck to the church?

Some may say the shoes were too big or the limp was faked. However, as I mentioned way way back, this person has very skinny ankles. This cannot be denied in the 4th frame.

I was looking back over the first pictures I saved. Does anybody know what this bottle is?
attachment.php

But if SP* spoke to MB, did SP know that church's sec cams did not record audio**?

--------------------------
Interesting thought. I can't recall a single instance of viewing security cam footage where there WAS sound, so to me no audio is a safe assumption. Then again I know almost nothing about security cameras. Maybe someone with expertise can chime in-

So someone else would've had to have driven her truck to the church?

Yes, I wonder whether the 2. perp could have done this at Red **k with maybe one shot, then 2. or 3. perp/s carried MB to CCoC (one perp using MB's vehicle, one perhaps using the Altima). At CCoC "our" SP already was "preparing" the area (staging burglary). MB's vehicle arrived (one perp with his victim MB, one with Altima), perp/s carried her inside and added the "puncture wounds".
:dunno:

Sounds like brain-twisted, I know.

Some may say the shoes were too big or the limp was faked. However, as I mentioned way way back, this person has very skinny ankles. This cannot be denied in the 4th frame.

That's the problem: sometimes I see very skinny ankles and sometimes I see something like boots.

We've discussed poss reasons for SP's choice of outfit - one is that SP wanted to prevent LE from ID'ing him/her, but did SP want MB to know SP's identity?

If so, then SP w head to toe cover up could either
1, just talk to MB, let her recognize SP's voice OR
2. say to MB "It's me, first & last name." If SP's name by itself would not given SP's ID away, SP could have explained connection/relationship .

Thoughts? Anyone? Thx in adv.

** I'm azz-uming there was no audio recording, although AFAIK we have no official church or LE confirmation of that.

I think SP/killer had only to take down the balaclava (mouth-/chin-area) for a few seconds.

$50,000 reward

Who offered the thirty thousand dollars? BB mentioned that he had two people willing to donate $10k each. Maybe each decided to donate $15,000 instead or maybe two became three. Wonder who these individuals are.

$50,000 is a fairly high reward, generally. I have always wondered why the FBI did not add to this reward when usually they do when they are involved with a murder investigation when they want answers.

I was on a murder case in 2014 when the Perp lived in sheer poverty. Most of the area residents weren't much better off. The reward climbed to $100,000 and not one in town would snitch. Midlo is a different environment, whereby, the residents seem to be educated professionals. But, I don't understand why anyone of integrity in the area, within MBs circle, is not saying something and taking that $50g's and justice be done.

If BB or his mother, father, or sister thought they knew who was in the vid, wouldn't they claim the reward? Not sure how that works. If not for the monetary benefit but to solve the case of their beloved MBs murder?

$50,000 has got to mean something of value to someone who holds valuable information.

MPD said that it was two donors offering 15k each, so no need to wonder about that:

https://www.people.com/crime/missy-bevers-texas-murder-update/

My best guess would be that one or both are either longtime friends of the family, or else employment or vendor related (perhaps the vendor associated with BB's fishing trip, or maybe CG or Thrive personnel, etc).

To me, the reason that no one takes advantage of the reward is that so very few have inside info that to come forward would be to implicate one's self. In other words, the only person or persons who know about the murder are the one or ones who actually did it.

Example - Todd Kohlhepp who killed 7 people in SC. You could have set the reward for Kayla Brown's disappearance to millions of dollars and it wouldn't have mattered because TK was solo.

Maybe at some point the perp is going to get arrested for something else. Then maybe we can hope that he either confesses to a snitch while there, or else his DNA is a match for DNA that might have been collected at the scene.

Its a dog and a man in that Nissan I tell you.

So who takes a dog to a hit?

Idk.. That Nissan just may not be the perp.

Just thinking for now.

One of the POIs has a service dog [emoji15]Did you not know that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$50,000 reward

Who offered the thirty thousand dollars? BB mentioned that he had two people willing to donate $10k each. Maybe each decided to donate $15,000 instead or maybe two became three. Wonder who these individuals are.

$50,000 is a fairly high reward, generally. I have always wondered why the FBI did not add to this reward when usually they do when they are involved with a murder investigation when they want answers.

I was on a murder case in 2014 when the Perp lived in sheer poverty. Most of the area residents weren't much better off. The reward climbed to $100,000 and not one in town would snitch. Midlo is a different environment, whereby, the residents seem to be educated professionals. But, I don't understand why anyone of integrity in the area, within MBs circle, is not saying something and taking that $50g's and justice be done.

If BB or his mother, father, or sister thought they knew who was in the vid, wouldn't they claim the reward? Not sure how that works. If not for the monetary benefit but to solve the case of their beloved MBs murder?

$50,000 has got to mean something of value to someone who holds valuable information.

:worms: Someone may be upset if they go and squeel and not get the whole $50K :panic:

I am not sure how the $50,000 works because the Dairy $10,000 was only good for 6 months, which would have ended in mid October. Crimestoppers of Ellis County isn't that much. Same previsions GJ indictment... Possible that someones work could have put up the 2 $15,000. I respect their privacy on that. *Dairy said they do not release info on when someone is paid out.

*Oak Farms Dairy is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and indictment of Bevers' killer. The reward will remain active for six months." http://www.dallasnews.com/…/20160701-investigation-into-mis

I was looking back over the first pictures I saved. Does anybody know what this bottle is?
attachment.php

:thinking: Is the animal backpack for the dog in the car enhancements?This is a first for me, will be watching for follow up.
Not sure where these were saved from, but it made me giggle a bit. :loveyou:

The bottle he has in backpack (backseat center of first car photo) is also in the cup holder of car in two places. The last licsense plate shown isn't a star. Look at gamewarden tags. It's a bird fluttering. You have a deer,bear, and I believe a trout. Wildlife tag....And who cares about the reward this a murder of the mother of three young girls. Who cares where it came from.

attachment.php
#1 looks like flower petals and a middle. Can't make out what is suppose to be in reference to down by shin pad. JMHO

#2 is at area of Dutch Doors. Suspect is wearing gloves, so jmho I do not believe that this is a ring in the photo.

#4 photo, if you look at video prior to Suspect opening door, you can see the item you have marked in window, is from the glass top table and when it appears in the little window. Start at .15 sec mark and follow through. Also JMHO what is being called a bottle is the pants leg/shin guards bulge in a very grainy video.

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

Yes, I wonder whether the 2. perp could have done this at Red **k with maybe one shot, then 2. or 3. perp/s carried MB to CCoC (one perp using MB's vehicle, one perhaps using the Altima). At CCoC "our" SP already was "preparing" the area (staging burglary). MB's vehicle arrived (one perp with his victim MB, one with Altima), perp/s carried her inside and added the "puncture wounds".
:dunno:

Sounds like brain-twisted, I know.
MPD has stated that Missy was seen inside the church walking, which they also swore to under oath with the search warrant for obtaining the contents of Missy's iPhone and iPad.

As an aside ...

One thing that I re-learned is that this particular warrant was not signed until 5:50 pm the day after the murder. After the autopsy was complete. After MPD interviewed BB. So my one consideration about MPD possibly knowing about CW from Missy's iPhone prior to the BB interview goes out the window. I find it very useful to review and revisit items, especially those that seem to be settled business, it helps to make sure that I don't leave impossible options within the realm of the the possible. So in this particular situation - whether MPD knew about CW prior to the BB interview limits the possibility that if they did know it could only come from an interview with another person. If they didn't know then the only possible source was BB.

Oh, and one more thing that is related. I had previously made comments that it was only recently - like weeks - prior to Missy's murder that BB had bought Missy a stereo for her truck. That also is incorrect as a review of MB's Facebook recently showed me as it was actually in early November of 2015. This means that it is entirely possible that BB could have known about CW from the very beginning - if that only started in January and not any earlier.

Best not to muddy up the waters that are already murky enough and better still to clean up any mess I may have made when I recognize it or if no one else has corrected it.

The bottle he has in backpack (backseat center of first car photo) is also in the cup holder of car in two places. The last licsense plate shown isn't a star. Look at gamewarden tags. It's a bird fluttering. You have a deer,bear, and I believe a trout. Wildlife tag....And who cares about the reward this a murder of the mother of three young girls. Who cares where it came from.
Can you explain what the significance is of the liquor bottles?

.. from the very beginning of this case. I first thought a young man arrested for vandalizing a gym (Lord's Gym..) in Waxahachie could have been responsible for MB's murder at the church - interrupted vandalism- , but then MPD released the height range of the perpetrator and it was no match.

However, this case of vandalism ( actually twice, both in January of 2016) makes me wonder, if someone may have gotten an idea from that. Some striking similarities like 3:45 am on a Monday morning, ransacking the place, caught on camera, calm behavior, vandal drove vehicle. No concealment though. He then brazenly vandalized the same place again a few days later, even though another person (retired PD) was working out in the gym. Almost all components present here..

Not posting this to discuss the vandal in any way. This has bugged me as a source of inspiration for any event, an interrupted burglary (possibly staged as vandalism?) or a murder for hire ( staged vandalism).

http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160106/news/160109724

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20160116/arrest-made-in-vandalism

MPD has stated that Missy was seen inside the church walking, which they also swore to under oath with the search warrant for obtaining the contents of Missy's iPhone and iPad.

Back during the summer I had to read that portion of that affidavit again b/c I had thought it possible that she had been killed somewhere away from the church and brought in through the front doors (West facing main doors). I think I actually posed this question in August.

Here is the wording from the affidavit:

At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building
through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the
building.

The second sentence is strange to me. It's almost as if the detective was in a hurry or his mind wasn't in sync with his typing. Of course this is common with affidavit text.

I guess if one might over analyze the words used such as 'observed' and 'shows' - they seem a bit neutral to me. Certainly not as demonstrative as the word 'seen' in third sentence to describe Missy and SP out of camera range.

Could someone have driven Missy's truck and pretended to unload some gear etc. and walk toward the West doors and walk directly out after? How about someone that looks approximately like Missy? Wearing a hooded jacket where the face isn't seen clearly? It was raining after all...

The scenario where she was murdered away from the church would require multiple perps (at least two), and likely at least one would have to be in contact with her prior to her death.

IMO this would explain many things:

• Casual demeanor of SP in the church (they're just staging and waiting, perhaps even with lookout(s) and radio comm)
  • No video of her driving up under porteco and/or entering the building released
  • No 911 calls released
  • No autopsy or cause of death released

My mind has gone through a lot of scenarios over the months, and I keep coming back to how risky an ambush in the church hall would be (even with a gun or similar weapon). There's a lot of 'what ifs' that crop up in my mind.

How do you seemingly plan something like this down to the potential detail of her walking down a certain hallway? What if she altered her routine even slightly, like bringing someone with her OR having her gun on her as she entered the church etc etc? At that point do you abort? What if this was attempted at a prior date and aborted for some reason? Has LE checked out earlier video from the church or SWFA for something suspicious like a car parking at church and then leaving before her class starts?

It would be really interesting to be a fly on the wall at Midlo PD's case room...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member