TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T kinda but considering all the accusations thrown around and the recent article by the Dallas Observer... Caution advisory... could happen to you (either side of the coin)

Facebook defamation leads to $500,000 settlement in Asheville
John Boyle , jboyle@citizen-times.com Published 1:58
p.m. ET Feb. 11, 2017 | Updated 3 hours ago

Snip:
A false remark on a Facebook post that implied a woman got drunk and caused the death of her child has resulted in a $500,000 defamation lawsuit settlement, which one law professor describes as a "stunning" amount.

Asheville resident Davyne Dial, the general manager of the low-wattage radio station WPVM, sued Jacquelyn Hammond over the Nov. 5, 2015, posting on the social media website, claiming defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligent infliction of emotional distress. The two knew each other through their efforts, at one point, to gain control over the radio station, Dial said.

On Wednesday, a Buncombe County Superior Court judge signed off on the consent judgment, which awarded Dial $250,000 in actual damages and $250,000 in punitive damages, for a total judgment of $500,000. more at link http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...n-leads-500000-settlement-asheville/97740206/

Was SP a hired killer?
Or, is SP the one who planned and carried out this attack?

I keep coming back to thinking that SP or the person who was behind this must have had knowledge of Missy's schedule and how early she arrived for class, what door she entered thru and likely arrival times of people taking her class. Had to know that no one else was meeting her to help set up.
Also, SP likely had knowledge of the church layout and cameras. Maybe even knew the outdoor cameras were not working?

Who would know all of that? Someone who had taken her class and/or scoped out the church before hand?

If it was not a murder for hire but done by the person who wanted to kill Missy...SP must be someone who lives alone or has lots of autonomy. No one to question being out of the house at that hour and no one to accidentally stumble upon the swat outfit before the crime.

Off topic, but have any y'all watched the show Hunted? It's amazing the lengths LEO (some maybe retired can't remember) go to find these people. If they go to that much trouble for a tv show, I can only imagine how many more resources they have for MB case. It's fascinating to see the little things they look for. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was SP a hired killer?

I keep coming back to thinking that SP or the person who was behind this must have had knowledge of Missy's schedule and how early she arrived for class, what door she entered thru and likely arrival times of people taking her class. Had to know that no one else was meeting her to help set up.
Also, SP likely had knowledge of the church layout and cameras. Maybe even knew the outdoor cameras were not working?

Who would know all of that? Someone who had taken her class and/or scoped out the church before hand?

If it was not a murder for hire but done by the person who wanted to kill Missy...SP must be someone who lives alone or has lots of autonomy. No one to question being out of the house at that hour and no one to accidentally stumble upon the swat outfit before the crime.

Anyone could have looked at her fb, at the Church fb and known everything we know before anything was deleted after the murder. Could very well have driven around the church and seen the limited number of outside cameras posted. IIRC none were at the rear sides SE, East and NE but there are now. There was a huge sign posted stating surveillance cameras. Possible for someone knowing cameras by looking at the ones outside the Church, how they work and possibly how they "jam". Also if they had xx kind outside it may even give some thought to what kind are inside. OR very possible the Suspect has been inside the church before. OR if it was a hired kill, someone told the Suspect types and location of cameras. JMHO there would always be cameras at entry ways and around areas where $$ kept.

Anyone could have looked at her fb, at the Church fb and known everything we know before anything was deleted after the murder. Could very well have driven around the church and seen the limited number of outside cameras posted. IIRC none were at the rear sides SE, East and NE but there are now. There was a huge sign posted stating surveillance cameras. Possible for someone knowing cameras by looking at the ones outside the Church, how they work and possibly how they "jam". Also if they had xx kind outside it may even give some thought to what kind are inside. OR very possible the Suspect has been inside the church before. OR if it was a hired kill, someone told the Suspect types and location of cameras. JMHO there would always be cameras at entry ways and around areas where $$ kept.

The SILENCE is bugging me!!!!! Your statement bugs me too but that is not your fault :) Unless LE has a good POI or is holding back information, this crime will unfold when the sp makes a mistake or some one talks. Anyone could be a sp because Missy's info was everywhere on facebook, the CG website and the church details all online or the sp checked out the church prior to observe things.....

RBBM,

When I asked MPD about this and referenced the only local news that stated and quoted Asst Chief Johnson (DailyMail also reported but they referenced NBC5 as the source for their article) MPD when asked where the surveillance video came from that had that vehicle referenced, they stated>>> SWFA

So as to your question, "* Regarding the video that might have caught a “glimpse” of another vehicle but it was unidentifiable: where was the camera that caught that? (SWFA or COC)" For the surveillance video to have came from SWFA, one would have to believe the camera was also at SWFA. Unless I am totally missing something.

I was actually hoping.. that ONE of the CoC's cameras MIGHT be working. At the LE press release, the LE didn't elaborate on which camera saw the car in the distance. So one of two things happened - they already had viewed the SWFA video, or the had collected the video from the church... we need to know where the camera was that saw that car in the distance... Right?

Off topic, but have any y'all watched the show Hunted? It's amazing the lengths LEO (some maybe retired can't remember) go to find these people. If they go to that much trouble for a tv show, I can only imagine how many more resources they have for MB case. It's fascinating to see the little things they look for. JMO

What channel is it on? I don't normally follow this kind of stuff... but it's in my backyard. Hello.

The SILENCE is bugging me!!!!! Your statement bugs me too but that is not your fault :) Unless LE has a good POI or is holding back information, this crime will unfold when the sp makes a mistake or some one talks. Anyone could be a sp because Missy's info was everywhere on facebook, the CG website and the church details all online or the sp checked out the church prior to observe things.....

Most Camp Gladiators instructors usually have 2 or more help set up in mornings but these are bigger groups too. Missy had a smaller group so she was the only instructor. I've looked online and to my knowledge , Missy is the only CG instructor that I've seen killed. These classes are held daily at 5 am over many many cities. IMO... I feel it's someone that knows MB very well. I feel like they knew a lot about that church. The info was possibly given to the SW or they may have been to church on a Sunday morning to view the inside of the church. If this was well planned in advance... it's possible that they started attending church months before and even ask questions about security. JMOO

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
RBBM,

When I asked MPD about this and referenced the only local news that stated and quoted Asst Chief Johnson (DailyMail also reported but they referenced NBC5 as the source for their article) MPD when asked where the surveillance video came from that had that vehicle referenced, they stated>>> SWFA

So as to your question, "* Regarding the video that might have caught a “glimpse” of another vehicle but it was unidentifiable: where was the camera that caught that? (SWFA or COC)" For the surveillance video to have came from SWFA, one would have to believe the camera was also at SWFA. Unless I am totally missing something

I was actually hoping.. that ONE of the CoC's cameras MIGHT be working. At the LE press release, the LE didn't elaborate on which camera saw the car in the distance. So one of two things happened - they already had viewed the SWFA video, or the had collected the video from the church... we need to know where the camera was that saw that car in the distance... Right?

Again it was only reported orig in 1 news report. Not a LE press release. It was just a quote so very possible the reporter just asked the Asst Chief. The wording of the reporter which was careless, made it sound as if came from the video which they had released (at the time only small like 7 sec worth) This report was on Tues April 19. Per the Press Conf Monday afternoon April 18, MPD had already looked at CCoC video. They said they were collecting from businesses around area. When this referenced quote was made, MPD had already looked at the SWFA videos, had to to have made that statement and also to have confirmed my question.

Camera that saw that car in the distance was located at SWFA. *not sure which camera, but for it to be from SWFA surveillance video, had to have came from SWFA.

Here is link to the post where I posted in Media thread with a ss of the PM from MPD. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=13106859#post13106859

Most Camp Gladiators instructors usually have 2 or more to help set up in mornings but these are bigger groups too. Missy had a smaller group so she was the only instructor. I've looked online and to my knowledge , Missy is the only CG instructor that I've seen killed. These classes are held daily at 5 am over many many cities. IMO... I feel it's someone that knows MB very well. I feel like they knew a lot about that church. The info was possibly given to the SW or they may have been to church on a Sunday morning to view the inside of the church. If this was well planned in advance... it's possible that they started attending church months before and even ask questions about security. JMOO

Feeling certain that the LE would have checked out all videos that "were" working. What they have told us in PR's we don't know where their "source" came from. Of course they have to keep certain things to themselves. Which is all fine.. except as much as the LE is quite happy "clamming" up, we live here! All we need to know is - Do we need to be on high alert?

I say this because the other night after 10:00pm, I was home alone and I got a loud knock at the door, then the doorbell rang several times. I picked up my gun and went to the hallway.
The whole area needs closure..

I AM on high alert!!!

$50,000 reward

Who offered the thirty thousand dollars? BB mentioned that he had two people willing to donate $10k each. Maybe each decided to donate $15,000 instead or maybe two became three. Wonder who these individuals are.

$50,000 is a fairly high reward, generally. I have always wondered why the FBI did not add to this reward when usually they do when they are involved with a murder investigation when they want answers.

I was on a murder case in 2014 when the Perp lived in sheer poverty. Most of the area residents weren't much better off. The reward climbed to $100,000 and not one in town would snitch. Midlo is a different environment, whereby, the residents seem to be educated professionals. But, I don't understand why anyone of integrity in the area, within MBs circle, is not saying something and taking that $50g's and justice be done.

If BB or his mother, father, or sister thought they knew who was in the vid, wouldn't they claim the reward? Not sure how that works. If not for the monetary benefit but to solve the case of their beloved MBs murder?

$50,000 has got to mean something of value to someone who holds valuable information.

Was SP a hired killer?

Possibly someone close.. I think you are spot-on!

Feeling certain that the LE would have checked out all videos that "were" working. What they have told us in PR's we don't know where their "source" came from. Of course they have to keep certain things to themselves. Which is all fine.. except as much as the LE is quite happy "clamming" up, we live here! All we need to know is - Do we need to be on high alert?

I say this because the other night after 10:00pm, I was home alone and I got a loud knock at the door, then the doorbell rang several times. I picked up my gun and went to the hallway.

I AM on high alert!!!

I'm sorry to hear that but I do understand. I can't imagine living there after this murder. I'm sure that lack of info is very hard on your community. This murder was so senseless and has affected many, many lives. I have no doubt,that in time, someone will be arrested.
Prayers for all of you living there.... we hurt with you!

O/T kinda but considering all the accusations thrown around and the recent article by the Dallas Observer... Caution advisory... could happen to you (either side of the coin)

Facebook defamation leads to $500,000 settlement in Asheville
John Boyle , jboyle@citizen-times.com Published 1:58
p.m. ET Feb. 11, 2017 | Updated 3 hours ago

Snip:
A false remark on a Facebook post that implied a woman got drunk and caused the death of her child has resulted in a $500,000 defamation lawsuit settlement, which one law professor describes as a "stunning" amount.

Asheville resident Davyne Dial, the general manager of the low-wattage radio station WPVM, sued Jacquelyn Hammond over the Nov. 5, 2015, posting on the social media website, claiming defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligent infliction of emotional distress. The two knew each other through their efforts, at one point, to gain control over the radio station, Dial said.

On Wednesday, a Buncombe County Superior Court judge signed off on the consent judgment, which awarded Dial $250,000 in actual damages and $250,000 in punitive damages, for a total judgment of $500,000. more at link http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...n-leads-500000-settlement-asheville/97740206/
I agree with you Mimi. All we can do is look at the facts we have and form our opinions of what might have happened. Im sure many of us have several theories on our lists. I know I do :) It is no fun to be the subject of erroneous rumors no matter how trivial or large imho.

Quote Originally Posted by rodee34

I AM on high alert!!!

May Peace be with you and yours, rodee. One thing that may help is knowing that MB was targeted. Knowing why SP was moved to kill MB is another topic altogether so others may still be at risk.

Simply curious about your behavior. Did you lock your doors before the murder? Did you get trained for concealed carry after the murder? In short, what I'm asking is how has this murder affected your everyday life?

Amen to this, zigster.
I'm sorry to hear that but I do understand. I can't imagine living there after this murder. I'm sure that lack of info is very hard on your community. This murder was so senseless and has affected many, many lives. I have no doubt,that in time, someone will be arrested.
Prayers for all of you living there.... we hurt with you!

BBM: SP may have wanted MB to know who they were but SP certainly didn't want LE or anyone viewing that security video to be able to identify them. JMO

But it would probably be hard for her to recognize them, while they are wearing a SWAT costume. She could be dead before she recognized them.

Anyway as has been said, the same thing could have been accomplished much easier, by simply running her car off the highway, and then killing her there, by any method the killer chose. It would have been way simpler, and much less evidence. No cameras, and if anyone drove by, they probably wouldn't have seen anything in the dark.

If MB was the victim of a hit man, I don't think in the history of the world, has a killer ever come up a more elaborate scheme, just to kill somebody. It's really not that hard to kill someone, and get away with it. One out of every three murderers gets away with it.

Most Camp Gladiators instructors usually have 2 or more help set up in mornings but these are bigger groups too. Missy had a smaller group so she was the only instructor. I've looked online and to my knowledge , Missy is the only CG instructor that I've seen killed. These classes are held daily at 5 am over many many cities. IMO... I feel it's someone that knows MB very well. I feel like they knew a lot about that church. The info was possibly given to the SW or they may have been to church on a Sunday morning to view the inside of the church. If this was well planned in advance... it's possible that they started attending church months before and even ask questions about security. JMOO

You just took a theory I was working on away. That is a good thing. All the fizzling leads me back to the one theory that was there in the beginning where most investigations start... Praying for Missy's girls!

I was looking back over the first pictures I saved. Does anybody know what this bottle is?
attachment.php

Attachments

• 16299524_10212578328472250_1479232056869553467_n.jpg
    16299524_10212578328472250_1479232056869553467_n.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 379
So the other night I was thinking outloud to my BF about possible scenarios that could've happened. And as my mind started to wonder, I thought of this one I thought I'd share with you guys. I've always considered myself really understanding(actually it's my biggest downfall) I may not agree with or think something is right but I can almost always understand their thought processes of it all. So thought I'd take a whirl of maybe getting in my scenarios version of SP, here it goes.

Disclaimer: This is not aimed towards anyone specifically! This is all JMO and only that Thank you for taking time to read!

Imagine find out your s/o is cheating. Whether it's actual physically cheating or just 'flirty and familiar' messages. What if this is a woman you have spoken to before? Could be any number of situations; work, church, local diner, children, the list could go on.. Someone you once confided in a moment of weakness? How would you react? Would you run and tell someone? Would you confront your s/o? Maybe keep it to yourself, hope it just goes away? But having to keep running into MB socially or their s/o not being able to avoid her just made these feelings of hatred intensify to slowly but surely plan to murder her in cold blood. They say hell has no fury like a woman scorn and I'd say ESPECIALLY if that woman has not told a single soul, or even acknowledged any knowing of their spouses wrong doing so 'how could they have committed the act when they had no idea of MB and their spouse?' It seems as though the most brilliant idea, don't speak about it, don't write anything down, don't search anything to do with crime maybe even in the last couple of years taken up a new hobby of going to the library. Somewhere you can search all topics with ZERO search history. If she can do some simple sewing/arts and crafts techniques/has kids the age who like to do that stuff, then it'd fly completely under the radar putting SPs outfit together even by watching TV/Netflix and pausing when you need glimpses at more specific areas plus working when s/o is away and if they have children while they are at all school. I've seen some pretty crazy things done by the jealous and those who feel everything bad in their life has happened because of one specific person. It's not that hard to sneak out at night if you don't have infant/young children. And maybe s/o 'drank a little too much the night before' so they were out cold, didn't even cross their mind there own wife could be involved because they had no idea they knew or ever could know about it.

This is all kind of everywhere in terms of my thought process, but I was trying to get on the inside of this possible SPs thinking/rationalizing. This has always been my #1 theory as to what could have happened, I'm open to any comments or add ons, but here's this one for now.

QUESTIONS still lingering for me…. Not in any particular order

* Identify the camera that caught Missy coming in at 4:16, SWFA?
* Identify the camera that caught Missy coming in the doors at COC.
* Did MB have a key to the building?
* Was the building dark, or were there lights on when MB walked in. We know there were lights on while SP was walking around, there was glare on his helmet. At what point were the hall lights turned off IF Missy walked in to a dark building

* Explain why you are asking for the Altima driver to step forward, and not the 30+ (guessing) people that stopped at Whataburger on their way down Hwy 287 between 1:30 am and 5:00 am. Did you collect their video up through 1:30am?
* Why collect pings for such a short window of time knowing when you suspect the Altima may be involved at 2:00 am.
* Do you have the surveillance video of the Altima going north on 287 (towards the CoC) a few minutes after it left SWFA? Where is that tape?

* Do you have video of ANY vehicle leaving COC before 5:00am? If you saw MB’s truck arriving at 4:16 am, you should have been able to see any vehicles pull in earlier, say at 1:30 am.
* Explain why video From .54 to 1.02 in the Creekside Video update shows s/he is seen tucking something away in the top right vest pocket (maybe a phone?) You'll notice that the video skips over a part there..
* Regarding the video that might have caught a “glimpse” of another vehicle but it was unidentifiable: where was the camera that caught that? (SWFA or COC)

* How did SP know the camera’s wouldn’t be working. What about the camera under the awning that is not subjected to weather issues? How could all cameras be “intermittently" not working on the same morning?
* Explain why you didn’t have your bloodhounds search the back woods of the church for the “SWAT uniform” or tracks, footprints?
* Did the ATF dog(s) give any clues? There are acres of grounds in this rural setting. Was that area throughly scoured?
* What agencies are still involved in this case, as of February 13th, 2017 (FBI, ATF, TX Rangers.. etc)

* Trace the burner phone or where it was purchased
* Did BB rent the car with the Mississippi plates, or did he ride back with a friend that had already rented one?
* Not one bloody footprint or gloveprint showing where SP exited?

* LE has (if it exists that is..)
addiitional video taken in the church - with timeline
autopsy report
witness depositions or interviews
lie detector test results
videos from other local businesses (Whataburger - Shell, etc)
DNA results from scene and or about the scene
additional info on Altima

I know we've gone over some or all of these questions at one time or another, but for whatever reason, I still have doubts.

Add one more, was BB's rental car equipped with a GPS and if so, was there any particular email address/ social media site/ account synchronized with such GPS?

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member