TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the very sleuthy reply, Jethro. Why would the SP want to make it look like glass was broken from inside that room?
My theory is that it was meant to make it look like SP took a path that went through that room and out that door rather than the opposite. Remember MPD said that they didn't understand the movements of SP within the church. All part of the misdirection at play by SP, in my opinion.

If MPD would release the rest of the video they have with time stamps I could give a much better answer.

Did this room have an outside window that was busted?
No. It was just the narrow glass window in the door itself. That door opens into a room that is behind the stage within the Sanctuary (Worship Center) part of the building.

ETA: That room has no windows.

Is there a reason why SP did the staging wrong at that specific door only ...?
Everything SP did in the church on camera was misdirection. So much of what was seen was staging a burglary in my opinion. Though I also believe that SP was using a what I will call "double misdirection" in that while SP was staging the burglary scene they were also preparing the kill zone for Missy and SP's exit path from there to out of the church.

Everything SP did in the church on camera was misdirection. So much of what was seen was staging a burglary in my opinion. Though I also believe that SP was using a what I will call "double misdirection" in that while SP was staging the burglary scene they were also preparing the kill zone for Missy and SP's exit path from there to out of the church.

Yes, the more I have read and studied the wonderful church layouts the more I have come to think that it was the door left open in the main hallway, with a glass table there, next to the locked door the SP picks at a bit as he was "preparing the kill zone" and that she was killed behind that door, either just behind it so that the door simply blocked the camera view or just inside that room. There he hid and was able to ambush her.

Quote Originally Posted by LostOldUserName View Post
Did this room have an outside window that was busted?

No. It was just the narrow glass window in the door itself. That door opens into a room that is behind the stage within the Sanctuary (Worship Center) part of the building.

RBBM :happydance: So excited to see that you finally realize/acknowledge that are rooms behind the Worship Center that have classroom doors! You made my day Sir!!
JMHO it also appears that the Suspect steps into that room where breaking the glass out. JMHO I do not think the Suspect ever went through the Worship Center. At least from outside halls going into ... as there are locks on the outside. Push bars on the inside. Can see the locks in the Dads Day video at the end.. creekside locks on the Santuary doors from dads day video.JPG

Thanks for the very sleuthy reply, Jethro. Why would the SP want to make it look like glass was broken from inside that room?

I am sure Jethro will have a better response but I think the sp had all this in his plan. The suspect planned this murder out very carefully with all the details and I think the sp was very OCD..... JMO, but this was not a crime of passion, it was a crime that only the sp would understand. Might not make sense to us as sleuths but it in the mind of the sp it makes total sense!

RBBM. Agree. And while we have only heard from the MPD on where they believe was exit (same way came in, through busted N metal kitchen door) From the main hallway jmho Suspect could have went to then end of North exit, pushed door handles and exited out those doors (unless you can not push the bar to exit, but many here spoke and gave links to how those doors work. So jmho would be able to from inside going out) ETA: Unless your opinion of where MB was murdered, still in the Library area on SW Hallway? If still is, where do you think the exit was? TIA, Personally I still with the area from first opened door back towards the foyer. When I saw what appears to be someone LEO wearing latex gloves in a MSM photo, I have not seen anything that has changed my opinion, that just strengthened it. And is in the SW corner of building. JMHO

And also, not directed at this post but another and saying to save space.... IF the motive was totally against MB, which I believe it was, the Suspect would want MB to know that he/she was behind the attack, JMHO anyway. Too much planning went into, would make no sense not to let MB know. She would be deceased and unable to identify Suspect. (hopefully she was able to speak from the dead so to speak and help the investigators, at least to help when Suspect is identified and arrested)

My hope would be happened fast and was not aware. We do not know how long Suspect was in building from time MB entered until 5 am 911 calls. That is when the ATT Tower Dump ended. *still don't understand why not maybe 5:30 as to the area. But MPD at least felt was gone from area by 5. JMHO

I am sure Jethro will have a better response but I think the sp had all this in his plan. The suspect planned this murder out very carefully with all the details and I think the sp was very OCD..... JMO, but this was not a crime of passion, it was a crime that only the sp would understand. Might not make sense to us as sleuths but it in the mind of the sp it makes total sense!

Agree. I think there are many questions we have that may never ever know the fact of "why" Unless someone were to confess, and I do not see that happening EVER. JMHO

JMHO the exit was as much planned as the entrance. And IF the Suspect did his/her work in planning they also planned for Campers arriving early. JMHO

Agree. I think there are many questions we have that may never ever know the fact of "why" Unless someone were to confess, and I do not see that happening EVER. JMHO

JMHO the exit was as much planned as the entrance. And IF the Suspect did his/her work in planning they also planned for Campers arriving early. JMHO

Now I am trying to figure out where did the sp get all their information from? Did they stalk and observe Missy, get it off Missy's fb page, did someone close to Missy tell the sp certain things the public did not know, information from the CG website..... endless possibilities!

In time, the sp will be given up. I think it will take a few years, sad to saythat but the sp will make a mistake and hopefully someone will notice that mistake

Why would he wear the SWAT disguise, if he wanted her to know she was being murdered and by who?

I do agree that if he wanted to shoot her, he could have easily done that anywhere at any time, without breaking into the church. Which is why that was clearly not his intention.

BBM: SP may have wanted MB to know who they were but SP certainly didn't want LE or anyone viewing that security video to be able to identify them. JMO

In time, the sp will be given up. I think it will take a few years, sad to saythat but the sp will make a mistake and hopefully someone will notice that mistake

I agree this could take years. I recently read about another case where the police were sure of a suspect/POI but getting the needed proof took a long time (murders took place in 1997; indictment in 2002). And this story intrigued me (in light of MB's case) because there was an apparent solid alibi for the main POI - but he was eventually busted.

A Tampa, FL man and 3 of his co-workers were all shot to death at their office (which was more like a warehouse/manufacturing facility). People suspected a former, disgruntled co-worker/business partner (I will just call him POI). But the POI said he was in Atlanta on the day of the murders. LE checked it out and there was surveillance video from the hotel in Atlanta showing the POI that morning and then again later that evening. LE ended up interviewing POI’s nephew during the investigation. He said he had picked up a rental car at the Orlando airport and left it in the parking garage at the request of his uncle (POI) on the day of the murders. LE was suspicious that the POI had flown back to FL on the day of the murders, committed the murders, and then flew back to Atlanta on the same day in order to have the alibi. However, the prosecutor said he needed DNA before an arrest because of the hotel video would give the jury too much doubt. One of the detectives was able to finally track down and go through all of the parking tickets at the airport where the rental car was left for the POI to pick it up and he found the matching parking ticket – DNA was tested and POI’s fingerprint was on the ticket. However, at that point POI had fled to his native Ecuador. Yet, this resourceful LEO met someone with connections in Ecuador and the POI was eventually extradited back to the US. There are some other interesting details but this is the short gist of it. Again, this is the VERY short version of the story, but for the full story, see the link below.

ETA: POI used an alias for his flights but detectives caught on to that pretty early as well.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/16306307/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/unfinished-business/#.WKIGxW8rJph

IMO... in the case, I think it's possible a few know. Loyalties change as time goes by and I think someone will need to clear their conscience.... I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QUESTIONS still lingering for me…. Not in any particular order

* Identify the camera that caught Missy coming in at 4:16, SWFA?
* Identify the camera that caught Missy coming in the doors at COC.
* Did MB have a key to the building?
* Was the building dark, or were there lights on when MB walked in. We know there were lights on while SP was walking around, there was glare on his helmet. At what point were the hall lights turned off IF Missy walked in to a dark building

* Explain why you are asking for the Altima driver to step forward, and not the 30+ (guessing) people that stopped at Whataburger on their way down Hwy 287 between 1:30 am and 5:00 am. Did you collect their video up through 1:30am?
* Why collect pings for such a short window of time knowing when you suspect the Altima may be involved at 2:00 am.
* Do you have the surveillance video of the Altima going north on 287 (towards the CoC) a few minutes after it left SWFA? Where is that tape?

* Do you have video of ANY vehicle leaving COC before 5:00am? If you saw MB’s truck arriving at 4:16 am, you should have been able to see any vehicles pull in earlier, say at 1:30 am.
* Explain why video From .54 to 1.02 in the Creekside Video update shows s/he is seen tucking something away in the top right vest pocket (maybe a phone?) You'll notice that the video skips over a part there..
* Regarding the video that might have caught a “glimpse” of another vehicle but it was unidentifiable: where was the camera that caught that? (SWFA or COC)

* How did SP know the camera’s wouldn’t be working. What about the camera under the awning that is not subjected to weather issues? How could all cameras be “intermittently" not working on the same morning?
* Explain why you didn’t have your bloodhounds search the back woods of the church for the “SWAT uniform” or tracks, footprints?
* Did the ATF dog(s) give any clues? There are acres of grounds in this rural setting. Was that area throughly scoured?
* What agencies are still involved in this case, as of February 13th, 2017 (FBI, ATF, TX Rangers.. etc)

* Trace the burner phone or where it was purchased
* Did BB rent the car with the Mississippi plates, or did he ride back with a friend that had already rented one?
* Not one bloody footprint or gloveprint showing where SP exited?

* LE has (if it exists that is..)
addiitional video taken in the church - with timeline
autopsy report
witness depositions or interviews
lie detector test results
videos from other local businesses (Whataburger - Shell, etc)
DNA results from scene and or about the scene
additional info on Altima

I know we've gone over some or all of these questions at one time or another, but for whatever reason, I still have doubts.

:thinking::confused:

Just my thoughts.... I honestly believe that when LE had time to look over all that happened to Missy that morning, with time, they would have known that this was targeted. I think the staging of burglary gave perp time to leave and hide evidence before they knew it was targeted. I also think looking at her phone , emails, and BBs information that it was just a matter of time til they put it together. I don't believe someone robbing a church would have killed her in that manner or overkill. The FBI would have seen this kind of murder so many times. So Jethro... do you agree or do you think it's possible that if SP hadn't made that mistake, it would have been a burglary gone wrong? I love how you see things ....such good info for all of us. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* Was the building dark, or were there lights on when MB walked in. We know there were lights on while SP was walking around, there was glare on his helmet. At what point were the hall lights turned off IF Missy walked in to a dark building

* Explain why you are asking for the Altima driver to step forward, and not the 30+ (guessing) people that stopped at Whataburger on their way down Hwy 287 between 1:30 am and 5:00 am. Did you collect their video up through 1:30am?
* Why collect pings for such a short window of time knowing when you suspect the Altima may be involved at 2:00 am.
* Do you have the surveillance video of the Altima going north on 287 (towards the CoC) a few minutes after it left SWFA? Where is that tape?

* Do you have video of ANY vehicle leaving COC before 5:00am? If you saw MB’s truck arriving at 4:16 am, you should have been able to see any vehicles pull in earlier, say at 1:30 am.
* Explain why video From .54 to 1.02 in the Creekside Video update shows s/he is seen tucking something away in the top right vest pocket (maybe a phone?) You'll notice that the video skips over a part there..
* Regarding the video that might have caught a “glimpse” of another vehicle but it was unidentifiable: where was the camera that caught that? (SWFA or COC)

* How did SP know the camera’s wouldn’t be working. What about the camera under the awning that is not subjected to weather issues? How could all cameras be “intermittently" not working on the same morning?
* Explain why you didn’t have your bloodhounds search the back woods of the church for the “SWAT uniform” or tracks, footprints?
* Did the ATF dog(s) give any clues? There are acres of grounds in this rural setting. Was that area throughly scoured?
* What agencies are still involved in this case, as of February 13th, 2017 (FBI, ATF, TX Rangers.. etc)

* Did BB rent the car with the Mississippi plates, or did he ride back with a friend that had already rented one?

autopsy report

I know we've gone over some or all of these questions at one time or another, but for whatever reason, I still have doubts.

THANKS! Rodee34 this is an excellent list and added questions I hadn't thought of yet:) Some of you with knowledge of how LE agencies function together, who would have precedent over this investigation? I'm assuming it would MPD taking the lead? Would it be possible for an agency to get in the way, either purposely or not, of other agencies working on the same case? Can anyone recall other cases where this has happened? Rodees excellent questions have me thinking.

At approximately 3:50am to 4:00am I would expect the neighbors would be asleep. There are no street lights on the street the Bevers live on. The property is the first house from the main road - Ovilla Rd. The adjoining property on the side of the house where Missy would come out (the driveway side) which is toward the main road is empty (as is the one across from it) and there is a line of trees that blocks the view from the main road. The property across the street has trees and tall shrubs along their driveway again on the side toward the main road. This would prevent the neighbors from seeing any car - especially if it didn't have lights on even if they were awake and just so happened to be near a window that faces that direction.

So, it would have been dark and raining heavily. It wouldn't be easy to see anything with no light of any kind, even if anyone was awake. From the time a single gunshot went off (no matter how many fired) to getting into a car and going could be easily under 60 seconds. It would just depend on how motivated SP was to get the murder over with and get out of there. At the same time, there would very likely be no camera footage of any kind and even less for LE to go on in terms of a description of SP or even a vehicle. What's not to like about all of that if you are SP?

In my opinion killing Missy at her home would have been much easier and would not require any elaborate antics with tactical gear. However, doing so would leave no doubt that Missy was targeted. No mystery of a burglary gone wrong. No mystery as to what weapon was used to kill her. No misdirection. No confusion by LE (it would be Red Oak police instead of Midlothian) as to what happened.

I strongly believe that the only reason for killing Missy at the church is precisely because the murder could be disguised as a burglary gone wrong. Nothing more. Nothing less. I believe SP got very close to pulling that off but made a mistake that was caught on camera. Had that not happened the entire case would be looked at as a bizarre burglary gone wrong and nothing else within a week to ten days. The idea that it could be a targeted murder would be way, way down the list. This would make it extremely likely that LE would never look in SP's direction.

Had the murder occurred at her home, or elsewhere, and it were obvious Missy was the target with no elaborate showmanship it becomes much more likely that LE would look much harder at all of those people and their spouses around Missy (including many not on the search warrants). This is something SP very much doesn't want.

And I don't believe that SP cared about whether or not Missy's children were home. That it wasn't a factor in any of SP's decision making. Those kids would be forever without their mom regardless. This was all about removing Missy from SP's life. Selfish, with no regard, no consideration, nor compassion for anyone else.
IMO It is possible that if the murder was committed by someone known to MB they very possibly could also have known her family and therefore did not want the children at the murder scene. Vengeance towards MB and warped thinking might have caused perp to think they were better off without her and the children were acceptable but MB was not in perps twisted mind. Another possibility for the murder to have taken place at the COC area ,and if Altima involved, use of lot at SWFA could be due to a convenience and comfort level with those two places IMO. Perhaps perp lives, works, or travels through that area and knows it well. All JMOO

[SIZE=1]* Regarding the video that might have caught a “glimpse” of another vehicle but it was unidentifiable: where was the camera that caught that? (SWFA or COC)[/SIZE]

autopsy report

RBBM,

When I asked MPD about this and referenced the only local news that stated and quoted Asst Chief Johnson (DailyMail also reported but they referenced NBC5 as the source for their article) MPD when asked where the surveillance video came from that had that vehicle referenced, they stated>>> SWFA

So as to your question, "* Regarding the video that might have caught a “glimpse” of another vehicle but it was unidentifiable: where was the camera that caught that? (SWFA or COC)" For the surveillance video to have came from SWFA, one would have to believe the camera was also at SWFA. Unless I am totally missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper