TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing is that from what the Attorney General's office had written it seems that it was singular as in one firearm. I would expect that in clearing a building that size that there would be more than one weapon drawn as it would take several officers to work the interior of the building and I don't know that it would be in their protocol for a lone officer to operate on their own nor have one and only one officer with a drawn weapon when clearing a building. So I still wonder about that particular document that was withheld.

Agree, but iirc all the other "cases" that were located by myself and PatTheRat, showed the same verbiage. I will find link and edit, but IIRC all were in singular soundly form.
ETA:

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13096705#post13096705
all surveillance footage- ***would have all information that LE has on the Suspect, MB, the CG campers, EMT, LE with a gun most likely drawn looking around the building to see if anyone else was there

AND: AG ruling Dec 4, 2015 https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...r201525414.pdf
Snip
Section 552.108(b )(1) of the Government Code excepts from disclosure the internal records and notations of law enforcement agencies and prosecutors when their release would interfere with law enforcement and crime prevention. Gov't Code§ 552.108(b )(1 ); see also Open Records Decision No. 531 at 2 (1989) (quoting Ex parte Pruitt, 551 S.W.2d 706 (Tex. 1977)). A governmental body claiming section 552.108(b )(1) must reasonably explain how and why the release of the requested information would interfere with law enforcement. See Gov't Code§§ 552.108(b)(l), .301(e)(l)(A); see also Ex parte Pruitt, 551 S.W.2d 706.
Section 5 52.108(b )( 1) is intended to protect "information which, if released, would permit private citizens to anticipate weaknesses in a police department, avoid detection, jeopardize officer safety, and generally undermine police efforts to effectuate the laws of this State." See City of Fort Worth v. Cornyn, 86 S.W.3d 320 at 327 (Tex. App.-Austin 2002, no pet.). This office has concluded section 552.108(b )(1) excepts from public disclosure information relating to the security or operation of a law enforcement agency. See, e.g., Open Records Decision Nos. 531 (release of detailed use of force guidelines would unduly interfere with law enforcement), 252 (1980) (section 552.108 of the Government Code is designed to
protect investigative techniques and procedures used in law enforcement), 143 (1976) (disclosure of specific operations or specialized equipment directly related to investigation or detection of crime may be excepted). Section 552.108(b )(1) is not applicable, however, to generally known policies and procedures. See, e.g., ORDs 531 at 2-3 (Penal Code
provisions, common law rules, and constitutional limitations on use of force not protected), 252 at 3 (governmental body failed to indicate why investigative procedures and techniques requested were any different from those commonly known).

page 3
You state release of the photographs containing serial numbers for a firearm would enable the serial number to be used on illegal firearms or in a false missing weapon report. You state release of this information would interfere with law enforcement. Based on your representations and our review, we agree the release of the serial number we marked would interfere with law enforcement. Accordingly, the department may withhold the firearm serial number we have marked under section 552.108(b)(l) of the Government Code. However, we conclude the department has not established the release of the remaining information at
issue would interfere with law enforcement. Therefore, the department may not withhold any of the remaining information under section 552.108(b)(l). In summary, the department must withhold the Firearms Trace Summary we have marked
under section 552.101 of the Government Code in conjunction with Public Law number 112-55. The department may withhold the firearm serial number we have markedunder section 552.108(b)(l) of the Government Code. The remaining information must be
released.

01-25-2017, 02:12 PM#875 PatTheRat 01-25-2017, 02:12 PM#875 PatTheRat
Keep in mind the language in blue is used in many other rulings. The AG's office does this a lot; they have boilerplate language ready to plug in so that they can keep rulings consistent and cut down on the time required to produce these rulings (just look at how many rulings they made in 2016 and you'll see they are swamped). The governmental bodies then get wise to what magic words/phrases you have to include into the request for ruling so that the AG's office agrees with you. Not saying that occurred here, but it happens. So I would not necessarily place a lot of weight in that language used by AG. Here are a few rulings that also held that a police department did not have to disclose serial numbers for a similar reason you quoted:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...r201501686.pdf ("serial numbers for a firearm would enable the serial number to be used on illegal firearms or in a false missing weapon report").

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...r201505340.pdf ("You state release of the information at issue will interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be used on illegal firearms or be falsely used in a missing weapons report.")

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...r201421129.pdf ("You state release of the information at issue will interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be used on illegal firearms or be falsely used in a missing weapons report.")

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...r201605382.pdf ("You state release of the information at issue would interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be used on illegal firearms or falsely used in a missing weapons report."

RBBM, that is why JMHO that Suspect could have went out either the West doors (front big huge glass) or the NW doors. My pick is the NW side, straight out and on the side that came in (Metal kitchen doors) Still could have done as Jethro said, stop and go. Could have went from foyer to doors the the Left of the Come As You Are Mirrors/Entry to Worship Center JMHO which are locked. And then over to the NW doors push bars and be out. **We do not know if any other doors were propped open. Leaving out the West glass doors, it is lit up with street lights but still dark, but if someone drove in they could possibly have seen (drive in then turn right which leads in front of church and the covered awning where MB parked be on the left after passing Glass doors) Where as if go out NW doors, then (my theory) its dark that side as no street lights and goes down hill and not in view of Hwy. Get in vehicle and leave straight out. jmho Any other door there would be possibility of on video that captured at 3:58 a.m. or someone seeing leave the property in a vehicle. JMHO

I'm right there with you on the NW doors..!!

Anything like that is possible. I would hope that if Missy had told anyone about cameras that weren't working or anything Missy knew about the security that they would have mentioned that to MPD or MPD should have asked that question of everyone Missy had been known to be in contact with in the prior 6 weeks. But to the specific question of whether I think Missy knew about the cameras or not - I don't believe she knew about them in terms of whether they were working or not nor paid any attention to them at all.
Obviously from the big sign outside of COC she knew they had a camera system. I doubt that the COC would inform guests or workers about how the cams worked bc sometimes they are the ones who steal from places. I do recall that MB worked in a school and a retail setting at different times so she very well might have recognized where the cameras were. IMO She could have felt that with the camera system in place that she would be less likely to be a victim of a crime there. JMHO

BBM -
But to rodeo's question about a bloody trail indicating how he/she left, how do we explain that? It seems logical that there was a lot of blood, so how were there not prints? And perhaps there were - we only know what MPD wants us to know <another big sigh >
If this was a bludgeoning murder I don't see how SP would not have quite a bit of blood on them (especially SP's gloves) unless the first blow was instantly fatal. In that case, when you are dead the heart no longer pumps and there is no blood pressure.

If there were a blood trail or blood evidence on or near any door I don't think MPD would say that they presume (which means "suppose that something is the case on the basis of probability") the killer left the same way they came in. I don't believe that any blood was found in that church except where Missy was located. Consequently, I believe the initial injury was instantly fatal.

A few random thoughts

The range of motion detection on the cameras is NOT equal to the range of view of the actual camera. We can see this especially when SP is messing around with the double doors, walks toward the end of the hallway and disappears. He later reappears in the middle of the hall - which is probably where the motion detector is triggered, rather than way down the hallway, as far as the camera can record.

I think that SP was not recorded leaving the scene because he was moving very quickly. I believe he was moving quickly because he panicked and thought to himself, "if this lady just showed up, there could be others coming too".

I think SP moved to the door nearest where his car was parked, which i believe to be back behind the kitchen.

I also like the theory that the NW camera pointing toward the SW entryway was not working.

I've mentioned this before, but it's possible to me that SP did not intend to kill MB - merely to silence her screams and put her down could have taken 3 or 4 strikes. She laid on the floor for up to 40 minutes, bleeding, possibly dying. She could have had survivable wounds had they been treated immediately.

For these reasons, and others, I still believe this was an interrupted burglary/wannabe/weirdo breakin.

BBM -
But to rodeo's question about a bloody trail indicating how he/she left, how do we explain that? It seems logical that there was a lot of blood, so how were there not prints? And perhaps there were - we only know what MPD wants us to know <another big sigh >

RBBM, one can only pray that they do have and are keeping what they have close to the vest.

If this was a bludgeoning murder I don't see how SP would not have quite a bit of blood on them (especially SP's gloves) unless the first blow was instantly fatal. In that case, when you are dead the heart no longer pumps and there is no blood pressure.

If there were a blood trail or blood evidence on or near any door I don't think MPD would say that they presume (which means "suppose that something is the case on the basis of probability") the killer left the same way they came in. I don't believe that any blood was found in that church except where Missy was located. Consequently, I believe the initial injury was instantly fatal.

I don't see how MB wasn't a moving target, so to speak. So if the initial injury was fatal, the killer would have been highly skilled.
I do recall reading somewhere there appeared to be a struggle - someone can help me out with that. Of course the struggle could have been prior to one fatal blow/shot, but I think it's more likely the struggle was during the assault and MB's attempts to escape. Just my thoughts and quite honestly, pretty grim to think about it.

Do you think the 4:30 arrivee would be able to id your POI 's car?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Since I have no idea who that arrivee was I don't have any idea if that would be possible. That said, I don't believe that there was a car there at the time of the first camper's arrival. I am still of the opinion that SP arrived at the church property and exited the church property on foot.

I still think it was absolutely targeted. If they knocked her out once and ran, then that would be different. Of course no one knows for sure, but hearing how gruesome it was (again local chatter, not stating as fact) I just can't imagine it not being an act of rage. I also believe it was well planned out ahead of time. Wish we knew more, but props to MPD for keeping quiet. Do everything by the book and get these creeps in jail!! JMO

I think multiple were involved in the planning of it, but that only 1 perp was in the church. I could very well be wrong.

ETA: If BB suspected this was a close friend of hers, then forgiveness comment makes sense to me. Forgiveness isn't for the killer, it's for him to be able to grieve and start a "new normal." JMO from personal experience.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I understand what you're saying but I think MPD misspoke about SP leaving the way he came in. I don't think they had a clue at that time. That may be another question for MPD: Is it still your opinion that the SwatPerp exited
where he entered?

I don't see how MB wasn't a moving target, so to speak. So if the initial injury was fatal, the killer would have been highly skilled.
I do recall reading somewhere there appeared to be a struggle - someone can help me out with that. Of course the struggle could have been prior to one fatal blow/shot, but I think it's more likely the struggle was during the assault and MB's attempts to escape. Just my thoughts and quite honestly, pretty grim to think about it.
Highly skilled or lucky.

The scene could have been staged after her death. It depends on whether the glass found around her body was also found under her body. It also depends on whether there were any defensive injuries or injuries elsewhere on her body such as bruises that suggest a true struggle.

For what it is worth I believe the puncture wounds were caused by the pry bar driven by the hammer - after Missy was dead - since I believe she was shot first.

Creekside Church Surveillance Video 2.27mins

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

Midlothian Texas Police Department

Jethro - just noticed.. Since the cameras are motion activated, why would they be activated before any activity took place here? Any thoughts on that? The door was closed, the camera was on. SP opened the door to the hallway, but the camera was already recording. I just can't get my head around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously? View Post
BBM -
But to rodeo's question about a bloody trail indicating how he/she left, how do we explain that? It seems logical that there was a lot of blood, so how were there not prints? And perhaps there were - we only know what MPD wants us to know <another big sigh

But MB was still alive and blood pumping when the first blow. And we know of at least 2 blows, head and chest. . Blood trail doesn't have to be from shoes, just trace could be considered a trail if there were some found in more than one place in a row. No matter how small an amount. If got on gloves very possible that small drops fell off gloves and were found by use of luminol

Serious question, how do you think she was or where her initial injury was that instantly was fatal? I pray it was instantly fatal, but just doesn't seem to go with the whole scene. JMHO

Published on May 4, 2016
Start around the 2:00 mark.. the reporter said tried to speak with MPD on camera but they instead just issued a statement... "...they would not be commenting further on the affidavits especially not about the cause of Missy's death or mechanism of injury - information only the killer would know" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWsSgzgJFpQ&feature=youtu.be

mechanism of injury Abbreviation: MOI
The manner in which a physical injury occurred (e.g., fall from a height, ground-level fall, high- or low-speed motor vehicle accident, ejection from a vehicle, vehicle rollover). The MOI is used to estimate the forces involved in trauma and, thus, the potential severity for wounding, fractures, and internal organ damage that a patient may suffer as a result of the injury.
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/mechanism+of+injury

Jethro - just noticed.. Since the cameras are motion activated, why would they be activated before any activity took place here? Any thoughts on that? The door was closed, the camera was on. SP opened the door to the hallway, but the camera was already recording. I just can't get my head around that.
So everyone else is clear we are talking about the last video sequence that begins about 1:50 in the video.

I have not gotten my head around it either, if it is any consolation. It is one of the puzzle pieces.

This reminder falls at random. There are no FB group pages that are allowed linked in this conversation. If it can't be linked it can't be discussed.

Thanks

A few random thoughts

The range of motion detection on the cameras is NOT equal to the range of view of the actual camera. We can see this especially when SP is messing around with the double doors, walks toward the end of the hallway and disappears. He later reappears in the middle of the hall - which is probably where the motion detector is triggered, rather than way down the hallway, as far as the camera can record.

I think that SP was not recorded leaving the scene because he was moving very quickly. I believe he was moving quickly because he panicked and thought to himself, "if this lady just showed up, there could be others coming too".

I think SP moved to the door nearest where his car was parked, which i believe to be back behind the kitchen.

I also like the theory that the NW camera pointing toward the SW entryway was not working.

I've mentioned this before, but it's possible to me that SP did not intend to kill MB - merely to silence her screams and put her down could have taken 3 or 4 strikes. She laid on the floor for up to 40 minutes, bleeding, possibly dying. She could have had survivable wounds had they been treated immediately.

For these reasons, and others, I still believe this was an interrupted burglary/wannabe/weirdo breakin.

There are splices in the video to make the 1.We do not know how far NW prior to 3:58ish that camera picked up the Suspect walking towards the SW doors. So only gives us a guess about how far MB would have had to walk down that main hallway. **that is area where she held prior indoor classes at least in January. Per her Midlo CG FB

Highly skilled or lucky.

The scene could have been staged after her death. It depends on whether the glass found around her body was also found under her body. It also depends on whether there were any defensive injuries or injuries elsewhere on her body such as bruises that suggest a true struggle.

RSBM TMI

It depends on whether the glass found around her body was also found under her body.

Searching for link

But MB was still alive and blood pumping when the first blow. And we know of at least 2 blows, head and chest. . Blood trail doesn't have to be from shoes, just trace could be considered a trail if there were some found in more than one place in a row. No matter how small an amount. If got on gloves very possible that small drops fell off gloves and were found by use of luminol

Serious question, how do you think she was or where her initial injury was that instantly was fatal? I pray it was instantly fatal, but just doesn't seem to go with the whole scene. JMHO

Published on May 4, 2016
Start around the 2:00 mark.. the reporter said tried to speak with MPD on camera but they instead just issued a statement... "...they would not be commenting further on the affidavits especially not about the cause of Missy's death or mechanism of injury - information only the killer would know" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWsSgzgJFpQ&feature=youtu.be

mechanism of injury Abbreviation: MOI
The manner in which a physical injury occurred (e.g., fall from a height, ground-level fall, high- or low-speed motor vehicle accident, ejection from a vehicle, vehicle rollover). The MOI is used to estimate the forces involved in trauma and, thus, the potential severity for wounding, fractures, and internal organ damage that a patient may suffer as a result of the injury.
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/mechanism+of+injury
I believe the fatal injury occurred with Missy standing and it would be to the head, very likely trauma to the brain stem causing instant death. I could very well be wrong.

So everyone else is clear we are talking about the last video sequence that begins about 1:50 in the video.

I have not gotten my head around it either, if it is any consolation. It is one of the puzzle pieces.

Perhaps the camera picked up the motion of the 2nd sp in the area which is why the video is recording. This really starting me to freak out in regards to the fear that was awaiting for Missy. WTH did Missy have on the sp(s) to be brutally murdered.

Not sure I understand what you're saying but I think MPD misspoke about SP leaving the way he came in. I don't think they had a clue at that time. That may be another question for MPD: Is it still your opinion that the SwatPerp exited
where he entered?

I still believe that SP exited the same way they entered. That said, I don't believe that SP entered the church via the exterior kitchen door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz