TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM...It makes me wonder WHY anyone would go into that much detail with their camouflage if they were only planning to break and enter? A hoodie, mask, gloves and sox to cover their shoes should be sufficient to fool the cameras AND cover their tracks, IMHO. Someone went to an awful lot of trouble just for breaking and entering a church. A lot of detailed, premeditated planning went into that outfit, JMO. It would seem to me that detailed premeditation was for something far more sinister than breaking and entering and robbing a church? :thinking:

This ^^^^^

I still believe the costume dress up routine was for their own protection from scratches and stuff. Missy was a woman but a very tough and physical fit woman!

This ^^^^^

I still believe the costume dress up routine was for their own protection from scratches and stuff. Missy was a woman but a very tough and physical fit woman!

AGREED!! Logically (which criminals never do think that way) if it was just a simple burglary, they could’ve worn a ski mask and gloves and not be seen. JMO, but they knew the battle they were up against and came prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGREED!! Logically (which criminals never do think that way) if it was just a simple burglary, they could’ve worn a ski mask and gloves and not be seen. JMO, but they knew the battle they were up against and came prepared.

Who would plan on killing a fitness instructor with a hammer? There are any number of easier ways to kill someone. Why have a "battle" if there is no need for one?

Who would plan on killing a fitness instructor with a hammer? There are any number of easier ways to kill someone. Why have a "battle" if there is no need for one?

It was personal. Didn't want to leave a bullet capable of being traced.

I think it was targeted, and maybe even a murder for hire. Very personal killing (especially with puncture wounds to her head/chest.) IMO, if it wasn’t personal there’d be no need for such a disguise and protection of themselves. Imagine if someone being questioned by LEO (or even questioned by family) showed up randomly at the same time with scratches, bruises, cuts etc. that could be consistent with a crime/fight. There could have been DNA on Missy that they left (or were afraid of leaving) if it was indeed a struggle between missy and perp. There’s no telling how many layers they had on under that uniform. I think they definitely wore things that were too big for them to disguise themselves.

So based on those beliefs, they knew that Missy was an extremely fit woman and from chatter around town she put up a hell of a fight. Not stating that as a fact.

I think they wore the uniform mainly to protect their identity and make sure there wasn’t a trace of DNA to be found. Also could be in case she did see someone she’d feel “safe”.

As far as why a hammer? That’s only for the perp to know, but I imagine it was out of pure rage and they wanted her to suffer. Not ruling out use of a gun first and perp getting bullet out.

This is all strictly my opinion, so I can’t tell you how a criminal thinks or why they did the things they do.

I think this was planned well in advance and the perp was confident that they wouldn’t be caught or that they would be overlooked. There’s way too many coincidences in this case!

Think about what MPD isn’t saying....the public hasn’t heard from them in a while, and they’re not on every news outlet begging for tips, they’re not saying there’s a killer on the loose and public should be worried. I think they know and have known, but there’s missing puzzle pieces to nail everyone involved. Again all of this post is strictly my opinion.

[bbm]

great post - so true!!!

Yes but why do you think so? Can you relate your opinion to case facts or is it just a gut feeling?

I keep saying that this case has been hindered by its own circumstances, you can find so many cliches you might expect from such an investigation all in this one case that a casual perusal is almost guaranteed to make you go, "Oh yeah, it was that guy., he set her up." But as you learn more, you end up saying, "Oh, well it could have been them." Then you find out about the Linked-in messages and you say, "Well obviously.. but wait a minute, it couldn't be all of them!?!" This case is like a red herring breading facility. Any direction you want to run with your theory, you will find evidence to support that.
This is why I am doing an exhaustive accumulation of information about this case, so I can discuss it according to the known facts. Otherwise I get about two statements in and start wondering if I am remembering verifiable facts or commonly espoused rumor? I will be pulling forward the "Fact check" post I started a few pages back and see it evolving into an abbreviated FAQ of sorts on the facts most related to whether or not this was a planned murder or a botched break-in.

JMO, but i think whoever killed her knew her husband, BB would be out of town and knew her schedule.

I think there's going to be a feast of crows around here when an arrest is made.

I think there's going to be a feast of crows around here when an arrest is made.

If an arrest is made. The months have already turned into years. It doesn't take this long to solve a case, if they have any good leads at all.

As Janesmith noted, the choice of an up close and personal weapon could well be the result of intensely personal motivations.

Then factor in that even in Texas, not everyone is familiar with guns (not that they are hard to figure out), but somebody planning a murder could well fall back on tools that they are most familiar with. This could include knives or club type objects
If an arrest is made. The months have already turned into years. It doesn't take this long to solve a case, if they have any good leads at all.
I agree. Then again, maybe the leads point towards several people with possible motives. Then consider that having leads does not always mean having solid proof.

As Janesmith noted, the choice of an up close and personal weapon could well be the result of intensely personal motivations.

Or it could be that the it was an untargeted attack, MB surprised the killer and he struck out with what he had in hand. There is no way of knowing. I'm sure that up close targeted murders do take place in public spaces but I do believe that it is not a common type of murder.

I'd be delighted to eat crow as long as there is an iron clad arrest and conviction.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'd be delighted to eat crow as long as there is an iron clad arrest and conviction.

Me too. I've had occasion to eat crow a number of times in my life. It's really not that bad, with a little ketchup and a lot of humility.

Internal investigations take longer which complicates things. JMO

I've heard of a red herring but never a red herring breading facility. Thank you for that. Not sure the origin of the idiom but appreciate that detail.

It was personal. Didn't want to leave a bullet capable of being traced.

I can see it being personal. But if LE can't find a gun to match to the bullet or a POI with a similar gun, the bullet ID won't do any good until they find the killer. Look at the Heidi Childs/David Metzler case near Virginia Tech. LE knows the gun is a 30.30 rifle, but after 8 years LE hasn't made any noticeable progress.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Childs-18-Montgomery-County-26-Aug-2009/page4

I still believe a small caliber weapon, such as a .22, could have been used, inside a building empty of people except Missy and her killer and in that isolated location with the rain, no one could likely have heard it. With a revolver there would no empty casings. With an semi-auto with a removable barrel, they would only have to pick up the empty casings and change out the barrel.

I so agree with you, Razz. In that event, I will have my knife and fork ready!

:gaah::happydance::clap:

At one time,I subscribed to the theory that a small caliber weapon might have beenused. Between what LE has said (bothdirectly and indirectly) plus descriptions of the struggle, I don’t think thatanymore. I’m going with the moststraightforward reading: She was bludgeonedto death with a hammer to the head and chest. Ps. People who work in the fieldhave come on this forum and said quickly retrieving a bullet is usually notfeasible.

Haha, agreed! If I’m wrong, I’ll own it...but, even after hearing so many theories my gut feel hasn’t changed.

I just can’t imagine a causal robbery all the sudden turning into an intense murder? IMO, if this was someone without experience and was strictly there to steal from the church, there would’ve have been more obvious mistakes made and DNA left behind. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member