TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, agreed! If I’m wrong, I’ll own it...but, even after hearing so many theories my gut feel hasn’t changed.

I just can’t imagine a causal robbery all the sudden turning into an intense murder? IMO, if this was someone without experience and was strictly there to steal from the church, there would’ve have been more obvious mistakes made and DNA left behind. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They may have left lots of DNA.

True, we really have no idea. The outfit would have tended to keep DNA contained. But in the struggle with MB or the subsequent escape, he could have had the outfit torn or ripped.

If they did get DNA, this thing could get solved through familial DNA (Texas is one of 9 states that allow familial DNA matching). If no DNA was collected, it will be tough to solve this case.

True, we really have no idea. The outfit would have tended to keep DNA contained. But in the struggle with MB or the subsequent escape, he could have had the outfit torn or ripped.

If they did get DNA, this thing could get solved through familial DNA (Texas is one of 9 states that allow familial DNA matching). If no DNA was collected, it will be tough to solve this case.

Just curious, can you kindly provide the list of the 9 States that allow familial DNA;

TIA, Cannonball

The thing I keep coming back to that convinces me it had to be a planned murder.

If the person was there just to rob and pillage and got surprised by her showing up then all they had to do was leave. They were already disguised. No need to kill her at all. Just leave. She would have had no idea who the person was in that costume.

And I am pretty sure the person showing up would not have purposely started to fight to stop the person from robbing. At the sight of that person she would have likely screamed and tried to run away which is another reason I have to conclude this was a planned murder.

All JMO of course

The thing I keep coming back to that convinces me it had to be a planned murder.

If the person was there just to rob and pillage and got surprised by her showing up then all they had to do was leave. They were already disguised. No need to kill her at all. Just leave. She would have had no idea who the person was in that costume.

And I am pretty sure the person showing up would not have purposely started to fight to stop the person from robbing. At the sight of that person she would have likely screamed and tried to run away which is another reason I have to conclude this was a planned murder.

All JMO of course

Agreed...and they wouldn’t need all the swat getup. JMO

I’m by no means an expert, but I feel like if there was DNA left behind this case would be a lot closer to being solved. Also, wouldn’t they know if it was male or female regardless if there was a match to the DNA? Just thinking out loud...

ETA: I know there’s a lot more information that they have and aren’t making public, so it could be close to being solved for all we know.

All JMO of course

Agreed...and they wouldn’t need all the swat getup. JMO

Agree with both. Plus the fact he wasn't actually doing any burgling, he was just quite casually waiting.... and Missy is the only person he could have been waiting for.

I'm saying "he" but I was once convinced it was a she. Anyway, I think this person knew (from FB) exactly when/where Missy would be. Question is, who did she upset enough to warrant being killed?

Agree with both. Plus the fact he wasn't actually doing any burgling, he was just quite casually waiting.... and Missy is the only person he could have been waiting for.

I'm saying "he" but I was once convinced it was a she. Anyway, I think this person knew (from FB) exactly when/where Missy would be. Question is, who did she upset enough to warrant being killed?

I wouldn't describe the killer's actions as "casually waiting" in the video I've seen. Casual, yes, but he's wandering around, creating mischief. Does he at all appear to be paying attention to what is going on outside? Is he listening for a car? It was raining, wasn't it? Was it raining hard? Could he hear Missy coming at all? What if Missy came in and saw broken glass or saw the killer at a distance before he saw her? Nothing in the video I've seen suggests he's waiting for someone and planning on killing them.

Respectfully snipped this good post for focus and space.

Though the person’s gait seems feminine

SP is quite intentional in everything SP does. This crime was heavily and meticulously planned and executed. In my mind's eye, SP as almost giddy while scheming the details.

Should we assume SP is walking with their normal stature? Looks like to me that SP did a very good job at impersonating certain individuals. How about a POI who holds a pinky finger in the air? That, too, could be considered a feminine quality. Oui? It is also indicative of one who considers themselves to be upper class.

One exception could be that a lucky first blow near incapacitated her.

True. Another exception would be that MB was shot and the seeming overkill was a successful attempt to extract the bullet or arrow. Also, we were told that MB suffered injuries to her head and chest. There was a private family viewing so, it is likely there was no attempt to disfigure her face. The chest attack was a possible means of puncturing implants. When MB had the implant surgery, it was far too much for SP thus, the planning began.

I believe, and statistics favor, that MB knew her killer. She just didn't realize how her activities were adversely affecting her killer because SP is very good at disguising emotions. Her killer need not converse with MB on social media to know what she was doing. Hence, there was no SW issued for SPs cellular data, laptop data or computers used at work.

* The following will be a response to BBs travel and their phone calls the evening before.

* TX was experiencing a downpour when BB flew to MS for the bucket list fishing excursion. He thought the jet may not be able to take off as his flight was delayed by the lingering rain shower.

* MB had cold symptoms prior to BB departing. I hold full confidence that his phone call was to check on how she was feeling and to explain his delay in departure.

I wouldn't describe the killer's actions as "casually waiting" in the video I've seen. Casual, yes, but he's wandering around, creating mischief. Does he at all appear to be paying attention to what is going on outside? Is he listening for a car? It was raining, wasn't it? Was it raining hard? Could he hear Missy coming at all? What if Missy came in and saw broken glass or saw the killer at a distance before he saw her? Nothing in the video I've seen suggests he's waiting for someone and planning on killing them.

Good point, but neither was he ransacking cupboards looking for valuables or loading things into a bag. I am also not convinced burglars go out on the rob in full swat gear when a balaclava would have done - let's face it, you wouldn't want to be caught for a minor traffic violation wearing that costume. I think maybe the reason he was casual is that he wasn't expecting her to arrive just yet.

JMO
I think the perp knew the expected time the victim would arrive and since they got there early there was no immediate rush to begin to worry about her showing up.

The actions we do see on the video appear to me that the perp was making feeble attempts to make the scene look like a robbery gone wrong. The way the perp walks by a couple door windows and busts them out and then keeps walking without entering (if I remember right) was a pretty obvious attempt to make it look like something else.

IMO the perp was definitely not a real vandal because I have seen a few different security videos of vandals in action and most of the time they are in a crazed frenzy and usually running around and rapidly busting stuff up. The actions we see on this video is not like that at all. The perp calmly walks by a few door windows and breaks them.

I think the perp pretty much knew the time she would show up and since they got there early there was not too much fear the victim would show up unexpectedly. I am guessing LE has other parts of the video that they are not showing the public and some of that other video likely has the perp lying in wait near where the attack happened.

Good point, but neither was he ransacking cupboards looking for valuables or loading things into a bag. I am also not convinced burglars go out on the rob in full swat gear when a balaclava would have done - let's face it, you wouldn't want to be caught for a minor traffic violation wearing that costume. I think maybe the reason he was casual is that he wasn't expecting her to arrive just yet.

I agree. I think it is likely the perp knew when she was expected to arrive and the perp made sure to get there early so in the perps mind they had time to stage the scene and not worry the victim would be showing up quite yet.

I am pretty sure LE has other parts of the video that would be more incriminating where the perp appears to be lying in wait for the victim.

JMO of course

JMO
Agree. When I first studied the actions on the video I too thought it was possible the perp is a female. I still think it is possible.

If we assume for a minute that this is a lovers triangle situation.

Then the perp could be either a mad female to keep her own male friend from ever seeing the person again or
If it was a male perp in the triangle situation then it could be either that they wanted to permanently stop their actions with their lover or it could be a jealous husband or boyfriend that found out their girl was cheating on them.

SP is quite intentional in everything SP does. This crime was heavily and meticulously planned and executed. In my mind's eye, SP as almost giddy while scheming the details.

Should we assume SP is walking with their normal stature? Looks like to me that SP did a very good job at impersonating certain individuals. How about a POI who holds a pinky finger in the air? That, too, could be considered a feminine quality. Oui? It is also indicative of one who considers themselves to be upper class.

True. Another exception would be that MB was shot and the seeming overkill was a successful attempt to extract the bullet or arrow. Also, we were told that MB suffered injuries to her head and chest. There was a private family viewing so, it is likely there was no attempt to disfigure her face. The chest attack was a possible means of puncturing implants. When MB had the implant surgery, it was far too much for SP thus, the planning began.

I believe, and statistics favor, that MB knew her killer. She just didn't realize how her activities were adversely affecting her killer because SP is very good at disguising emotions. Her killer need not converse with MB on social media to know what she was doing. Hence, there was no SW issued for SPs cellular data, laptop data or computers used at work.

* The following will be a response to BBs travel and their phone calls the evening before.

* TX was experiencing a downpour when BB flew to MS for the bucket list fishing excursion. He thought the jet may not be able to take off as his flight was delayed by the lingering rain shower.

* MB had cold symptoms prior to BB departing. I hold full confidence that his phone call was to check on how she was feeling and to explain his delay in departure.

If the dude had a bow, how come we don't see it on camera? And why, when LE applied for the Dec 2016 SW, did they not list that they were looking for a bow or gun, instead of things like pry bars and hammers and screwdrivers?

Remember Occam's Razor. To me, this idea of a super- intelligent killer who kills with weapons we have no evidence of, then extracts the dart or bullet surgically, is the exact opposite of Occam's Razor.

If the dude had a bow, how come we don't see it on camera? And why, when LE applied for the Dec 2016 SW, did they not list that they were looking for a bow or gun, instead of things like pry bars and hammers and screwdrivers?

Remember Occam's Razor. To me, this idea of a super- intelligent killer who kills with weapons we have no evidence of, then extracts the dart or bullet surgically, is the exact opposite of Occam's Razor.

....Occam's Stubble?

I think it's more likely Missy peed someone off so much they wanted her dead. In many ways I feel her killer was more likely female, schlepping about in her husbands old work clothes and boots, getting her revenge for a fling.

But then it could be a male wanting to ensure her absolute silence or, contrarily, wanting to regain her passion. Perhaps he just meant to scare her but she recognised him.

Hi DeDee- Ok, I hear you but...Why call her twice and once when she was sleeping? Especially knowing she was ill and needed her sleep? And why did BB bring it up in the interview? Because he knew 2 calls to his wife the evening before might look suspicious?

Speculating here: Had I been BB and knew what the morning would bring, I'd have been hyper vigilant making sure she would be there in the morning be-
cause her cold and the rain could have made it a little less likely. Also, again being BB, I'd be hyper vigilant about my oldest daughter, making sure she would not be there.

Again, speculation on motives but I would have played it the exact same way BB did. (If I was part of MB's demise)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Sorry but it isn't my responsibility to verify your information. Any information shared as fact is supposed to be verifiable via link as per TOS by the person posting it. Nobody gets to claim an unlinked lead as fact on the basis that it is so until someone else proves it wrong. That is just illogical.
Ok Moshimo-here is an entire interview of Brandon Bevers shortly after MB's death. If you go to about 16:33 into the interview, BB talks about calling MB at 7:30pm and then again around 9pm.

https://youtu.be/lnBJ17dtx48

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/ICfVJ4yIHcs
The infamous interview reference the bloody shirt.The body language and why would you mention a rental car with misissipi plates on.RB is practically laughing through this interview,veryodd behaviour imo

https://youtu.be/ICfVJ4yIHcs
The infamous interview reference the bloody shirt.The body language and why would you mention a rental car with misissipi plates on.RB is practically laughing through this interview,veryodd behaviour imo

Brandon was answering a direct question from a reporter about whether police have verified his whereabouts in Mississippi on the day of the murder. That's why he mentioned the rental car and the plates, it was an answer to a question. As for his father's demeanor, Some people laugh when they're nervous. You nor I nor most people on the planet who were just normal countryfolk get put in the position of the whole world looking at them, and handle it like a pro. I would argue that the oddness and awkwardness is more indicative of innocence than it is of guilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper