TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was not just People. It was reported in multiple media sources. Here is a direct quote, “At this point, none of her family, friends or coworkers are suspects,”. How much clearer could they make it?

Assistant police chief_ Family not suspects in Bevers Murder - News - Waxahachie Daily Light - Waxahachie, TX

“At this point”

That point in time was May 20, 2016, the day Johnson said those words. Time has a way of bringing things to the surface that were previously unknown or hidden. There’s no way to say that anyone who was a prior suspect hasn’t or won’t become a suspect again.

From Janesmith787: I think whether or not CG was done outside or inside that day, MB was going to be killed. The perp knew where she would be and they planned it out.

Hmm. The outside cameras weren't working. Maybe the SP planned on committing the murder outside, in the dark, as Missy prepared for the class, but the rain changed his/her plans. What do y'all think?

Reactions: AGT
If it was a targeted murder why did the perp choose the interior of a church to murder someone with cameras everywhere?
It might be the "best" he or she had to work with.

The victim's Camp Gladiator schedule was advertised online as being undeviating and always at that location. Seeking other possible locations for a targeted attack would involve following the victim to lean their schedule- and such a non work schedule could have far more deviations than the Camp Gladiator "Rain or Shine" schedule.

Likewise, attacking the victim at home is risky is that they are on their well, “home turf” and that the victim could well have ready access to weapons. Then factor in that somebody not actively religious might not know that churches often have security cameras- or they did know and thus came up with a very effective disguise.

I understand what you are saying, and please don't take this the wrong way, but I am taking their statement with a GIANT shaker of salt. Honestly, like someone else posted, for BB to say he was no longer looking for Missy's killer in the last video, rubbed me the wrong way. You don't give up looking for your loved one's killer, or at least say it publicly and look like a giant :behind: (rhymes with bass).

Except he never says in his e-mail that he is done looking for missy' s killer.

He is just tired of being raked over the coals over and over again by people claiming he and his father had something to do with it. (My words).

I just don't think he had anything to do with it. MOO.

If it turns out he hired a lawyer, i might change my tune.

I have seen various interviews with him and for the most part he does seem emotionless but maybe that is just his personality.

I also think since there are new fresh eyes on this case they need to re interview everyone etc.

Jmo.

Except he never says in his e-mail that he is done looking for missy' s killer.

He is just tired of being raked over the coals over and over again by people claiming he and his father had something to do with it. (My words).

I just don't think he had anything to do with it. MOO.

If it turns out he hired a lawyer, i might change my tune.

I have seen various interviews with him and for the most part he does seem emotionless but maybe that is just his personality.

I also think since there are new fresh eyes on this case they need to re interview everyone etc.

Jmo.

The quotes in the news stories and the one from Dec 2017 weren’t just talking about BB and his dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't rely on People magazine's wording as proof the anyone has been cleared. No one has been ruled out. Look at local coverage from that time. They report the family weren't "actively" considered suspects and had verified alibis, and that there were no active suspects. This isn't the same as anyone being "cleared." Even corroborated alibis don't rule out involvement in the crime (and I'm not making the accusation, stating it as a general reality).

As the Midlothian Mirror quoted Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson saying,

“At this point, with no firm suspect, everything is still on the table."

From the same newspaper article: Bevers’ family, including her husband Brandon Bevers and father-in-law Randy Bevers, have provided detailed and verified alibis for the time of the murder, Johnson said, and are no longer actively considered suspects, though no one will be definitively ruled out until the case is solved.

Police were also open to the possibility that the suspect in the video wasn't working alone.

Incorrect, they have been cleared. That is not debatable. So you can start by not rehashing that point anymore, please.

Police Clear Victim's Family, Friends in Murder of Texas Fitness Instructor _ PEOPLE.com.html

I wouldn't rely on People magazine's wording as proof the anyone has been cleared. No one has been ruled out. Look at local coverage from that time. They report the family weren't "actively" considered suspects and had verified alibis, and that there were no active suspects. This isn't the same as anyone being "cleared." Even corroborated alibis don't rule out involvement in the crime (and I'm not making the accusation, stating it as a general reality).

As the Midlothian Mirror quoted Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson saying,

“At this point, with no firm suspect, everything is still on the table."

From the same newspaper article: Bevers’ family, including her husband Brandon Bevers and father-in-law Randy Bevers, have provided detailed and verified alibis for the time of the murder, Johnson said, and are no longer actively considered suspects, though no one will be definitively ruled out until the case is solved.

Police were also open to the possibility that the suspect in the video wasn't working alone.

Exactly!! I don’t think that means we’re placing blame on the family. At the end of the day, I don’t care who did it...I just care that they’re arrested and convicted.

Exactly!! I don’t think that means we’re placing blame on the family. At the end of the day, I don’t care who did it...I just care that they’re arrested and convicted.

At the end of the day, for the sake of the girls and MB’s family I don’t want to find out BB was involved.
Just to be clear, I’m not saying he is or placing any blame....just saying....LOL!

I was thinking......the way she was murdered. Is that more of a woman thing to repeatedly poke her in the chest and face? Would a man do that?

And again, maybe it's misdirection by SP.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

I was thinking......the way she was murdered. Is that more of a woman thing to repeatedly poke her in the chest and face? Would a man do that?

And again, maybe it's misdirection by SP.

On TV shows they would know if the majority of puncture wounds were caused before or after the one that killed her. But not sure that would be known in this circumstance. If the first main blow knocked her down and out I think the rest of the injuries could be indicative of hate or ensuring she's dead, or just someone who wants to injure. It doesn't seem more masculine or feminine to me. But it is possible there was more of a struggle to kill her and if so those other injuries may not have been targeted other than just trying to land a blow that would finish her. In an early report they said there were signs of a struggle and that her body was surrounded by glass, right?

On TV shows they would know if the majority of puncture wounds were caused before or after the one that killed her. But not sure that would be known in this circumstance. If the first main blow knocked her down and out I think the rest of the injuries could be indicative of hate or ensuring she's dead, or just someone who wants to injure. It doesn't seem more masculine or feminine to me. But it is possible there was more of a struggle to kill her and if so those other injuries may not have been targeted other than just trying to land a blow that would finish her. In an early report they said there were signs of a struggle and that her body was surrounded by glass, right?

I think they'd be able to tell. I also think there's definitely more specifics on how she died that they're not releasing. JMO

IMO, the repeated puncture wounds to the head and chest could mean a few things.

1) injuries to the face and chest indicate Missy was face to face with her killer and she wasn’t ambushed from behind. IF she was ambushed from behind, all the injuries to the head and chest would make me believe she was killed by someone with extreme anger or jealousy for her.

2) Since we don’t know anything about the cause of death besides “puncture wounds to the head and chest”, we also don’t know if missy received one fatal blow that rendered her incapacitated OR if the repeated puncture wounds were done as “overkill” and degrading of her appearance. Could missy have fought so hard the killer just kept swinging? I doubt it. Sp was armed with a tool to cause fatal injuries. Missy was armed with only her hands. She didn’t have much of a chance against someone who attacked her with a hammer.

When I consider those things, I come up with different conclusions about whether the murderer is a man or woman. Part of me thinks a woman would use a hammer out of anger/jealousy and knowing missy was strong. Another part of me looks at the Sievers case where two men attacked a woman with a hammer and then I’m like well it seems anything is possible. It’s hard to draw conclusions that stick because of so few facts. There’s just too many variable and what ifs.

IMO, the repeated puncture wounds to the head and chest could mean a few things.

1) injuries to the face and chest indicate Missy was face to face with her killer and she wasn’t ambushed from behind. IF she was ambushed from behind, all the injuries to the head and chest would make me believe she was killed by someone with extreme anger or jealousy for her.

2) Since we don’t know anything about the cause of death besides “puncture wounds to the head and chest”, we also don’t know if missy received one fatal blow that rendered her incapacitated OR if the repeated puncture wounds were done as “overkill” and degrading of her appearance. Could missy have fought so hard the killer just kept swinging? I doubt it. Sp was armed with a tool to cause fatal injuries. Missy was armed with only her hands. She didn’t have much of a chance against someone who attacked her with a hammer.

When I consider those things, I come up with different conclusions about whether the murderer is a man or woman. Part of me thinks a woman would use a hammer out of anger/jealousy and knowing missy was strong. Another part of me looks at the Sievers case where two men attacked a woman with a hammer and then I’m like well it seems anything is possible. It’s hard to draw conclusions that stick because of so few facts. There’s just too many variable and what ifs.

Good theories.

JMO
I am guessing he/she gave her an initial blow with the hammer thingy and then he/she wanted to make sure she was dead. So then stabbed repeatedly with something else until he/she knew she was not breathing anymore and was dead.

From Janesmith787: I think whether or not CG was done outside or inside that day, MB was going to be killed. The perp knew where she would be and they planned it out.

Hmm. The outside cameras weren't working. Maybe the SP planned on committing the murder outside, in the dark, as Missy prepared for the class, but the rain changed his/her plans. What do y'all think?

To me, the perp chose the inside of the church because he had control of that environment. He had disabled a door to prevent an escape from inside the church and I think he knew where he needed to be when Missy entered the church. Outdoors would mean Missy would have a better chance of escaping and I don't think he could have snuck up on her as easily outside as it looks that the porte cochere was well lit.
Missy was physically fit and being outdoors makes me think she would have had a greater chance to escape and also a greater chance of a witness. I think it is always a goal of a killer to want to put as much time between the crime and the discovery of the crime. If she had been murdered outside, I think the first Camper on scene would have seen her body in my opinion. With her body inside the building, the first one on the scene was hesitant to enter the church. Once another Camper or Campers arrived, they felt a little safer to enter the building together.

I believe the murderer hit her in the head from behind to incapacitate her and drop her to the ground. Then turned her over and attacked the head and chest.

^^^^ This. LE never has to let the audience know what direction they are heading too. I serious hope the new detective in charge looks at past interviews for all the people tangled.
I agree. Maybe the very reason no one has been arrested is due to someone investigating this case having binders on. Hoping new eyes will start from scratch and not just Jump off the existing investigation.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

To me, the perp chose the inside of the church because he had control of that environment. He had disabled a door to prevent an escape from inside the church and I think he knew where he needed to be when Missy entered the church. Outdoors would mean Missy would have a better chance of escaping and I don't think he could have snuck up on her as easily outside as it looks that the porte cochere was well lit.
Missy was physically fit and being outdoors makes me think she would have had a greater chance to escape and also a greater chance of a witness. I think it is always a goal of a killer to want to put as much time between the crime and the discovery of the crime. If she had been murdered outside, I think the first Camper on scene would have seen her body in my opinion. With her body inside the building, the first one on the scene was hesitant to enter the church. Once another Camper or Campers arrived, they felt a little safer to enter the building together.

If he really wanted to kill her and he knew where she was going to be and what she was going to be doing, why didn't he just hide in the bushes outside, wait for her to pull up, walk up to her car and shoot her through the window. She would have had less chance to get away from that. Nobody can outrun a bullet. Guns are a dime a dozen in this country, legal or illegal. It makes no sense for him to spend hours breaking up a church just to do a simple job like kill a woman. Trying to kill, as you point out a "physically fit" woman, with a breaking and entry tool inside instead of shooting her outside would certainly not be the best option, and makes no sense IMHO.

I agree. Maybe the very reason no one has been arrested is due to someone investigating this case having binders on. Hoping new eyes will start from scratch and not just Jump off the existing investigation.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
I have to laugh about having binders on. [emoji23] It may not have been intentional but boy did I need that!

Anyhow, they've had a ton of eyes on this from the beginning. The case has been presented to different agencies.

If they really are stumped, then they need to put out more video and give us more clues. This is ridiculous!

Does anyone have a contact over there?

If he really wanted to kill her and he knew where she was going to be and what she was going to be doing, why didn't he just hide in the bushes outside, wait for her to pull up, walk up to her car and shoot her through the window. She would have had less chance to get away from that. Nobody can outrun a bullet. Guns are a dime a dozen in this country, legal or illegal. It makes no sense for him to spend hours breaking up a church just to do a simple job like kill a woman. Trying to kill, as you point out a "physically fit" woman, with a breaking and entry tool inside instead of shooting her outside would certainly not be the best option, and makes no sense IMHO.

But hitting her on the head with the breaching tool did work, even if it makes no sense to you. Just going back to the Media & Timeline thread for refresher. The killer was not in the church for hours.

"Suspect first appeared on surveillance camera at 3:50 a.m."

"4:16 a.m. Mrs. Bevers' truck is caught on surveillance camera driving into the church parking lot."

"4:20 a.m. Mrs. Bevers appears on video surveillance camera walking into the church."

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93761&d=1462365247

I don't know how long it took the killer to actually break into the church, nor how long he spent out of sight of the camera, but according to the timeline it was only 30 minutes from the time he appeared on camera until Missy entered the church.

One thing I didn't remember from the official press release was that "Mrs. Bevers entered the building carrying some equipment for the boot camp class that was moved inside due to the weather."

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93758&d=1462364723

Soooo that would mean if Missy was carrying equipment in the building that her hands could have been full at the time of the attack. Unless she ran smack down into the killer which should have been caught on camera and likely she would have dropped whatever she was carrying. Or he waited for her to carry the equipment to where the class was going to be held and hit her from behind as she put the equipment down. Hard to say. The killer had the element of surprise on his side and I think that is a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay