TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That means they have video of him breaking the NE doors. Is that what is happening at the end of the video across from Rm 12?
The Inner NE camera was pointed
West. That was the camera that showed SP coming out of the kitchen area. No, it would not have shown the breaking of the NE doors. I believe he didn't enter there because he knew that camera inside was working.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Wouldn't NE camera be looking to the SW? JMO
Sure! One would but might there be 2 cameras in each corner? Regarding the video, Rm 12 is in the NE corner or quadrant. It's always seemed to me that LE included that last bit as a message, like we see what you did there.

I don't know why no one considers it was done at SWFA and they moved them to the church. Therefore cannonball's dark SUV coming out of church parking lot makes since because it was at SWFA. I really doubt the driver (odc) was able to drive with a hole in his head.

Nobody is speculating in that regard because there are sworn affidavits that there is video of Missy's vehicle entering the church parking lot and her walking into the church where she was found deceased.

HTH

Jethrow4WS, thanks for the correction, Altima, not Acura. (I thought that might have been wrong.)

The fact that finding the Altima owner could be critical is why I wonder why police didn't release that video from the outset.

Nobody is speculating in that regard because there are sworn affidavits that there is video of Missy's vehicle entering the church parking lot and her walking into the church where she was found deceased.

HTH

THANK YOU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Where is a good basic layout of the church--including reference to the street, parking lots, back doors, etc?

Here's Jethro's map and my sloppy attempt to show how it relates to the exterior of the church.

Attachments

• ChurchMap.jpg
    ChurchMap.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 87
  • CreeksideMap.jpg
    CreeksideMap.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: AGT
“We are kind of putting a group of guys together, and we hope that we can get together within the next month,” Vaughn stated. “Primarily it will be myself and another couple officers that have been involved in the case. Just coming up with a plan for that. Trying to hand pick some folks to come in and start back from scratch.”
http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...sy-bevers-putting-together-team-of-fresh-eyes All JMOO

Above BBM I won't go as far as saying the Sgt.'s statement is insincere, however I don't read any optimism or confidence or sense of urgency in his statement. "kind of"..."hope"..."next month" ..."hand pick" (so ^^objective^^, right!?). Again, vagueness, vagueness, and more vagueness. Guess I shouldn't be so surprised. Rant over.

I believe SP drove to the church - possibly parking on the backside so it would be hidden from the highway. Going with that, though, I would have thought some of the campers might have arrived later and I would have thought someone would have seen the car leaving as they came in. At that time of the morning, only the class should be going on. With that, if I was pulling in and saw a car leaving I might have stopped or slowed down to look at it. Thinking, "Why are they leaving? Has class been canceled?" IOW, it would have gotten my attention. Yet, we heard of no witness accounts of seeing a car leave? If that is the case, this is one lucky killer.

I believe SP drove to the church - possibly parking on the backside so it would be hidden from the highway. Going with that, though, I would have thought some of the campers might have arrived later and I would have thought someone would have seen the car leaving as they came in. At that time of the morning, only the class should be going on. With that, if I was pulling in and saw a car leaving I might have stopped or slowed down to look at it. Thinking, "Why are they leaving? Has class been canceled?" IOW, it would have gotten my attention. Yet, we heard of no witness accounts of seeing a car leave? If that is the case, this is one lucky killer.

A little while back and thanks to Canonball's efforts, we learned from a search warrant that a vehicle was seen leaving the church around 4:30 am -- about five minutes before the first camper arrived and ten minutes after Missy was seen entering the church.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DarkSUV.jpg
    DarkSUV.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 556
A little while back and thanks to Canonball's efforts, we learned from a search warrant that a vehicle was seen leaving the church around 4:30 am -- about five minutes before the first camper arrived and ten minutes after Missy was seen entering the church.

attachment.php

Wow! This is the first I've heard of that info. So where does this leave with the light colored Nissan at SWFA? A potential witness? SP changed vehicles after they saw vehicles parked at SWFA in case they were noticed? This would imply SP had access to more than vehicle then.

Wow! This is the first I've heard of that info. So where does this leave with the light colored Nissan at SWFA? A potential witness? SP changed vehicles after they saw vehicles parked at SWFA in case they were noticed? This would imply SP had access to more than vehicle then.
Or an accomplice.

I still don’t think the Altima was involved. Is it weird, absolutely? But, I can’t imagine someone who went to this much detail to plan the murder (IMO) driving around some parking lot of a GUN store that you know is going to have sophisticated cameras! JMO

I’m leaning towards the Nissan being the witness that saw the smaller dark colored SUV leaving the church at 4:30am and not part of the crime or an accomplice. JMO

I’m leaning towards the Nissan being the witness that saw the smaller dark colored SUV leaving the church at 4:30am and not part of the crime or an accomplice. JMO

Lots of good theories.

JMO
Im leaning towards that it was someone doing an advanced lookout to give the "all systems go" signal to the perp. I think it could even be the perp himself and then he changed vehicles for the final approach.

The reason why I think the first vehicle is involved is because of the early hours and the way they seemed to be slowly driving around.

It looked awful suspicious and what other reason would someone be there at that early hour of the morning. Its not like they were sightseeing at the park. It seemed way too fishy for that first vehicle to be anywhere near there at that hour.

JMO of course.

I think this isnt a targeted murder
I suspect the motive could have been theft/vandalism/trespassing

*The crime occurred after the Sunday services - the most lucrative time to steal money from a church

*The murderer left broken glass and open doors visible in the main hallway, silly things to do if the perp was aiming to ambush the victim

*The behaviour of the perp does not suggest that they were waiting in ambush for someone. Walking past glass doors slowly suggest the perp was not expecting anyone there.

*The murderer chose a location with multiple surveillance cameras to murder the victim - practically unheard of in a murder.

*There was attempt at a clean-up of the murder scene. Why would there be an 'attempt' if the murder was planned. A potentially frantic attempt to clean up the scene, to me suggest someone who did not plan this

*The perp left tools behind, again odd for a planned murder

*If this burglary was staged, why was nothing taken? It appears to me things changed at the last moment - again suggesting the murder was not planned.

*Why would the perp choose a time and location where in literally in a matter of minutes other people were arriving

*This was the first training in weeks, so if the perp had been planning a robbery may not of realised that anyone else was scheduled to show up that early

*Usually a targetted murder involves someone who knows the victim. Police have cleared family and friends and numerous other people as POIs.

I think this isnt a targeted murder
I suspect the motive could have been theft/vandalism/trespassing

*The crime occurred after the Sunday services - the most lucrative time to steal money from a church

*The murderer left broken glass and open doors visible in the main hallway, silly things to do if the perp was aiming to ambush the victim

*The behaviour of the perp does not suggest that they were waiting in ambush for someone. Walking past glass doors slowly suggest the perp was not expecting anyone there.

*The murderer chose a location with multiple surveillance cameras to murder the victim - practically unheard of in a murder.

*There was attempt at a clean-up of the murder scene. Why would there be an 'attempt' if the murder was planned. A potentially frantic attempt to clean up the scene, to me suggest someone who did not plan this

*The perp left tools behind, again odd for a planned murder

*If this burglary was staged, why was nothing taken? It appears to me things changed at the last moment - again suggesting the murder was not planned.

*Why would the perp choose a time and location where in literally in a matter of minutes other people were arriving

*This was the first training in weeks, so if the perp had been planning a robbery may not of realised that anyone else was scheduled to show up that early

*Usually a targetted murder involves someone who knows the victim. Police have cleared family and friends and numerous other people as POIs.

I’m not going to take the time to rehash every point, as they’ve been talked about in all these threads. No snark intended, btw.

1. No one has been cleared..it’s been said no one is a suspect AT THIS TIME.
2. The broken glass wouldn’t have been seen by MB (as far as I understand the layout) because it was on a different end of the church.
3. There’s typically only a week or 2 in between camps, and Mb and CG posted all about the camp.
4. I believe it was a burglary staged to throw police off. Nothing was taken because they were there to murder Missy.
5. Mimi, DeDee or Jethro-Didn’t someone confirm with MPD on Facebook there was no attempted clean up? I believe that was rumor that was taken out of context, but can’t remember exactly.

This spread like wildflower all over town. Very few people (again I’m not speaking for everyone in the area) think this was random.

JMO

I’m not going to take the time to rehash every point, as they’ve been talked about in all these threads. No snark intended, btw.

1. No one has been cleared..it’s been said no one is a suspect AT THIS TIME.
2. The broken glass wouldn’t have been seen by MB (as far as I understand the layout) because it was on a different end of the church.
3. There’s typically only a week or 2 in between camps, and Mb and CG posted all about the camp.
4. I believe it was a burglary staged to throw police off. Nothing was taken because they were there to murder Missy.
5. Mimi, DeDee or Jethro-Didn’t someone confirm with MPD on Facebook there was no attempted clean up? I believe that was rumor that was taken out of context, but can’t remember exactly.

This spread like wildflower all over town. Very few people (again I’m not speaking for everyone in the area) think this was random.

JMO

Also to add onto this....way too many coincidences. Hearing how horrific this scene was, there’s no way IMO it was anything but a brutal and personal attack. She died of puncture wounds to he head and chest....doesn’t sound like someone who was robbing a church to me.

A long time ago I saw church bulletins online and the giving was included. I will look back again, but it wasn’t more than $5k if I remember correctly and that’s on the high end. That’s the weekly total. Why the heck would someone go to all the effort to get dressed in a swat suit and ensure your identity wasn’t able to be seen?! Again JMO

I still don’t think the Altima was involved. Is it weird, absolutely? But, I can’t imagine someone who went to this much detail to plan the murder (IMO) driving around some parking lot of a GUN store that you know is going to have sophisticated cameras! JMO

I tend to agree. When I watch that video, I see someone under the influence of something and thinking they're being smart. I say that, unfortunately, with some personal experience. I lean towards it just being a coincidence.

That said, I don't think it's unreasonable to think it's connected, and I do think it's an important aspect of the case. As a member said earlier, any competent defense attorney is gonna pull that footage and say "look at this clown -- that's not my client -- and this seems awful suspicious, right? Less than two hours before the crime!" Not to mention that MPD made the decision to bring the Altima to the public's attention. They clearly felt, at the time, that they could learn something substantive by doing so.

I tend to agree. When I watch that video, I see someone under the influence of something and thinking they're being smart. I say that, unfortunately, with some personal experience. I lean towards it just being a coincidence.

That said, I don't think it's unreasonable to think it's connected, and I do think it's an important aspect of the case. As a member said earlier, any competent defense attorney is gonna pull that footage and say "look at this clown -- that's not my client -- and this seems awful suspicious, right? Less than two hours before the crime!" Not to mention that MPD made the decision to bring the Altima to the public's attention. They clearly felt, at the time, that they could learn something substantive by doing so.

Or was LE using the Altima as a tool so SP would think they were focused elsewhere?

Or was LE using the Altima as a tool so SP would think they were focused elsewhere?

I tend to lead this way. I remember thinking and posting at the time it was to “shut the public up.” Everyone was begging for something, and so they gave them a ‘bone’ and IMO had them focused on the Altima so they could focus on other leads. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member