TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not odd to me..I took at is this, and again JMO.

Camper A showed up early to camp, waited in their car knowing they were early. Camper B,C, etc showed up and then they went in together.

It's not uncommon at all for people to show up early to CG. Especially when it's the first day of a brand new 4 week camp as this one was. When I did CG, I'd show up and wait in my car once I got there.

The only reason it seems odd to me is the wording makes it seem that one cg went in alone by themselves at first THEN the other campers arrived and went in. I find it odd because if I recall correctly, the 911 calls were made at the same time or at least within seconds of each other. So, it leads me to believe the 1st camper was initially alone when finding Missy. Does that make sense?

The only reason it seems odd to me is the wording makes it seem that one cg went in alone by themselves at first THEN the other campers arrived and went in. I find it odd because if I recall correctly, the 911 calls were made at the same time or at least within seconds of each other. So, it leads me to believe the 1st camper was initially alone when finding Missy. Does that make sense?

Yes, makes sense what you're saying and if that's the case it is worded weird. From what I understood 2 of them went in together at the same time, but it's been so long that I could be wrong.

Yes, makes sense what you're saying and if that's the case it is worded weird. From what I understood 2 of them went in together at the same time, but it's been so long that I could be wrong.

I remember hearing that she was discovered by “campers” as in plural, so that would mean more than one. BUT the wording in the dictated pc statement, makes it seem as if one camper found her. All of these vague statements are frustrating and I believe most of us who follow this case have been racking our brains for almost two years trying to read between the lines and figure out what LE’s vague words truly mean...IMO of course

Thread #44, who'd've thunk it...
I honestly thought, when the news of Missy's murder broke, that it would be solved within the week.

So did I! Glad I wasn't the only one, between the video, the car, the relationships, the garbage pick up, and so much more I can't even list, I truly thought it would be solved. Small town, people talk, there is definitely inside info known to locals. A very close town from mine suffered a murder - high profile case, Joseph Comunale, and there is always inside knowledge, just saying......

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showpost.php?p=12479331&share_type=t

Halfway through the video Midlothian Police Capt John Spann comes on and answers a reporter's question concerning who discovered Terri. I listened to his answer several times and believe he answered that Terri was "actually discovered by one of the boot camp participants who got there a bit early and when a couple of the other participants arrived they went in"...
It sounds like the early Camper #1 waited and went in with 2 others who had arrived and that Camper #1 was the first to spot her body or the first to go to it and determine something was wrong. Definitely he was thought to be more of the discoverer than all 3 at once.

Just jumping off this post to say the scenario might have gone something like this imoo. Camper one arrives early bc first day and was unsure of how long it would take to get to the CCoC to fill out initial paperwork. Camper one sits in their vehicle to wait. Other campers arrive. They see MBs truck parked at the covered area but she never appears. Campers look through glass and see what they think is a rolled up carpet. Several of them enter and discover what was thought to be a rolled up carpet is actually MB who is unresponsive and has severe upper body wounds. At least one camper attempts CPR and several 911 calls are placed by the campers.

MPDs statements are appreciated but imho have been confusing from the onset of this case until the most recent media article w Sgt. Vaughn. Mpd is going to put fresh eyes on the case which is Vaughn and other LE who are familiar w the case...are those “fresh” eyes or eyes that have already been looking at the case for a long time??
“We are kind of putting a group of guys together, and we hope that we can get together within the next month,” Vaughn stated. “Primarily it will be myself and another couple officers that have been involved in the case. Just coming up with a plan for that. Trying to hand pick some folks to come in and start back from scratch.”
http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...sy-bevers-putting-together-team-of-fresh-eyes All JMOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quoted from last thread: "At least for me it really made me question why only certain parts were released when it appeared that more could have been released without jeopardizing the case. The goal was for the public to help identify the suspect to help LE out wasnt it. So why not give us all they can."

Right. I thought this after the gun shop posted the parking lot surveillance-camera video of the Acura driving around in the rain (discovered by Ezrah iirc). LE had released one blurry, confusing closeup of the car, focusing on an incomprehensible decal that may be important -- but why didn't they release that video? It showed the car in various angles, making strange moves. Maybe the video isn't that helpful either, but certainly had it been released with the photo (and are there better close-ups that we haven't seen?), the conversation and focus would have been different.

Perhaps LE thinks they know everything that needs to be focused on but they could be wrong. Someone could see something in the car video that the police don't -- recognize something about the car or driver. Perhaps the same can be said of the church video, without releasing parts that may be disrespectful to the family.
Finding the Altima owner and/or driver is very critical to this case. If nothing else if someone were to be charged and brought to trial for Missy's murder any defense attorney will bring up that video and an alternate theory of the crime. That has to be accounted for and the prosecutor will have to have that explained so that it does not introduce reasonable doubt into any trial.

Why was there multiple 911 calls if they were all together? That seems strange to me. It seems like one or more of the people would have been hysterical? Someone that hadn't totally lost it would think to call 911. And then to me, they would run out of the church. It sounds like Missy's wounds were gruesome. There would have had to be blood splatter, disfigurement, etc. If I saw that, I would high tail it out of the church fearing the killer was still in there. I also wouldn't want two of us calling 911 in case it would clog the lines. (I know it wouldn't, but. . .. ) I just don't understand why there were multiple 911 calls?

Why was there multiple 911 calls if they were all together? That seems strange to me. It seems like one or more of the people would have been hysterical? Someone that hadn't totally lost it would think to call 911. And then to me, they would run out of the church. It sounds like Missy's wounds were gruesome. There would have had to be blood splatter, disfigurement, etc. If I saw that, I would high tail it out of the church fearing the killer was still in there. I also wouldn't want two of us calling 911 in case it would clog the lines. (I know it wouldn't, but. . .. ) I just don't understand why there were multiple 911 calls?

#releasethe911tapes

haha!

Reactions: AGT
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_fid=730&share_type=t&share_pid=13901812

[quote name="Tippy Lynn" post=13901799]Agreed. I sure wish LE would make an arrest and release the info they have or at the very least release something so we can help them solve this.[/QUO......

I am hoping that I referenced the above correctly. My response is a response to Jethro and why he feels the NE doors are an enigma.

I am not the sharpest tool in the shed and I don't think SP is/was either., which is why I'd like to take a gander at the breeching of the NE doors.

In trying to outsmart MPD, perhaps SP thought it was only logical to enter
at the NE doors. But....he knew it wouldn't be good for him to enter that way, because he knew the inside camera in the NE corner was working and he was not yet in full gear.

So he goes to the kitchen door which was his 1st choice all along as he knew it was the kitchen and that it would allow himself time to get settled and or garbed for Missy's ambush. But he didn't want anyone thinking the
kitchen was his first choice as it
shows knowledge of the church
layout.

How do you see the breeching of the NE doors as an enigma? I respect your thoughtfulness and I'd like to know what you think.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk
A year and a half ago I made a 10-12 post explanation. Mostly with images and I know the site has trouble with images so I will try to put it together into a PDF document and link it. For now I will try an explanation with words only.

At the northeast doors there is cover. It is an 11x10 area that has a roof overhead. So that means you would not get rained on there. You are also well above the parking lot and on the other side of the building completely. At that hour it would be highly unlikely that someone would drive completely around the building and even if they had done so they would have to look up and to their right just to see someone there in a space 11 feet across that at any reasonable driving speed would go by quickly. Thus the window of opportunity (pardon the pun) for anyone to have seen someone there is incredibly small. The glass panes in the doors are large. Large enough that someone the size of SP could easily pass through.

On the other hand if you go to the kitchen door on the North side of the building you are standing in pouring rain and you are wrestling off the handle and lock mechanism of a door that is by and large designed to prevent that. So not only does that take significantly more time to do and thus you are in the rain a long time but it also comes with a greater risk should anyone pull into the church entrance from the highway. You would be in plain view and we know from the SWF video that the parking lot was illuminated at the church and you could see the lights all the way over on that side. There is also a light right above the kitchen door that I would expect was on as well. And the risk isn't just limited to anyone pulling into the church entrance because the highway is higher than the church itself anyone travelling the highway looking in the direction of that North side kitchen door would likely see you.

The riddle is why make your job harder if you were doing anything but targeting Missy and staging. What would be the point. Why break a kitchen window (actually in the room behind the Kitchen) that you would need a ladder to climb into? There was a perfectly good window to the right of the kitchen door that would put you into the room to the right of the Kitchen (room 6) that you wouldn't need a ladder to get through. The panes of the windows are 30 inches wide so they are easy enough to pass through as well.

If SP isn't going to make any real effort at the door in the West hall where SP fiddles around with the pry bar and hammer then why all the effort with the kitchen door?

My theory is that SP entered and exited the church via the northeast doors and that SP went to the Kitchen and then opened the Kitchen door from the inside and then held the door and used the tools to remove the door hardware while being able to be partially inside the building and thus having more cover and not getting soaked in the process.

The bottom line is that I believe the Kitchen door to be just one more element of staging. One more element of misdirection in that if it looked like all that effort was put into it that must be the point of access. And if that also led MPD to believe that that was also the point of exit when exactly did the northeast doors get smashed? Does it makes sense that SP would do it after the murder? Wouldn't they be getting out of Dodge? And if SP did that prior to entry of the church why not enter that way?

Maybe one camper stayed in the building with another camper to see if she could still be alive. As they waited they called 911. Then another camper went outside and called 911 not knowing the other camper was calling also. That’s what I always thought.

A year and a half ago I made a 10-12 post explanation. Mostly with images and I know the site has trouble with images so I will try to put it together into a PDF document and link it. For now I will try an explanation with words only.

At the northeast doors there is cover. It is an 11x10 area that has a roof overhead. So that means you would not get rained on there. You are also well above the parking lot and on the other side of the building completely. At that hour it would be highly unlikely that someone would drive completely around the building and even if they had done so they would have to look up and to their right just to see someone there in a space 11 feet across that at any reasonable driving speed would go by quickly. Thus the window of opportunity (pardon the pun) for anyone to have seen someone there is incredibly small. The glass panes in the doors are large. Large enough that someone the size of SP could easily pass through.

On the other hand if you go to the kitchen door on the North side of the building you are standing in pouring rain and you are wrestling off the handle and lock mechanism of a door that is by and large designed to prevent that. So not only does that take significantly more time to do and thus you are in the rain a long time but it also comes with a greater risk should anyone pull into the church entrance from the highway. You would be in plain view and we know from the SWF video that the parking lot was illuminated at the church and you could see the lights all the way over on that side. There is also a light right above the kitchen door that I would expect was on as well. And the risk isn't just limited to anyone pulling into the church entrance because the highway is higher than the church itself anyone travelling the highway looking in the direction of that North side kitchen door would likely see you.

The riddle is why make your job harder if you were doing anything but targeting Missy and staging. What would be the point. Why break a kitchen window (actually in the room behind the Kitchen) that you would need a ladder to climb into? There was a perfectly good window to the right of the kitchen door that would put you into the room to the right of the Kitchen (room 6) that you wouldn't need a ladder to get through. The panes of the windows are 30 inches wide so they are easy enough to pass through as well.

If SP isn't going to make any real effort at the door in the West hall where SP fiddles around with the pry bar and hammer then why all the effort with the kitchen door?

My theory is that SP entered and exited the church via the northeast doors and that SP went to the Kitchen and then opened the Kitchen door from the inside and then held the door and used the tools to remove the door hardware while being able to be partially inside the building and thus having more cover and not getting soaked in the process.

The bottom line is that I believe the Kitchen door to be just one more element of staging. One more element of misdirection in that if it looked like all that effort was put into it that must be the point of access. And if that also led MPD to believe that that was also the point of exit when exactly did the northeast doors get smashed? Does it makes sense that SP would do it after the murder? Wouldn't they be getting out of Dodge? And if SP did that prior to entry of the church why not enter that way?
As I wrote previously, he would have breeched the NE doors as misdirection. As the inside camera in the Northeast corner was working, it would have been a bad idea to go in that way, because I felt he wasn't fully dressed as a SWAT person yet. I also think he may have brought a change of clothes.

I had forgotten about the window on the north side. Let's say he made it inside via the window, couldn't he have opened the kitchen door from the inside by pushing the bar or was it key entry? And if he couldn't, why go to the trouble of breeching that door since entry was already made via the window? Or, was there someone else waiting to get in that couldn't go through the window.?

Could the weather be a factor in committing the crime on that date?
Not sure what you mean. If you mean was the weather the reason for choosing the date my opinion is no. In almost all respects the down pour rain that occurred was all negative with respect to the crime for several reasons.

First, you are going to get wet, if not soaked.

Second, inside the building you would have difficulty hearing any vehicle coming to the church, driving by, and if you are far enough away even hearing someone enter. That is because the church has a metal roof and the pounding rain will produce significant noise. While the ceiling tiles will dampen that to some degree the noise will be there. To get a good idea of what the rain was like at about the time SP is said to have entered the building look at the SWF video when the Altima is parked there as the rain and how much rain was coming down seen at that time was very much the same around the time SP was making entry to the church.

Third, with that amount of rain the drainage systems along the roads in the area especially down towards 287 get overwhelmed with water. Ovilla Rd to the south of the church (one of the possible roads for Missy to have taken from her home) is prone to flooding and road closure as it gets down toward 287. The road to the North of the church (South Walnut something, can't recall) also has issues. So that introduces the time issue. What if Missy runs late because she can only get so far the way she normally goes to the church and then has to turn around and go another way?

Fourth, with the amount of rain that was coming down hydroplaning and standing water become issues, not necessarily for Missy or SP but if an accident were to occur on 287 near the church there could be police right there. Or having completed the murder SP gets outside only to find police right there on the road and you have SP in SWAT gear trying to pass by.

Fifth, that kind of rain that was going on also reduces visibility. Could SP tell if it was Missy's truck? If she was alone? If another car arrived or was already there while SP was in another part of the building prior to the murder?

If this were a planned, targeted killing it is my opinion that you wouldn't choose the date based on the weather. If it were some other situation like a burglary gone wrong or vandalism gone wrong, perhaps.

For what it is worth I believe that the murder was likely planned for a specific date. However, I believe the date was changed to take advantage of the fact that BB was out of town and would, in theory, be on a boat in the Gulf of Mexico by the time LE got around to tracking him down. I also believe that the killing was always going to be on an early Monday morning, just not April 18th but the circumstances related to BB changed that.

Perhaps several campers were inside and up close to MB but others were being kept back or outside bc of the CPR efforts taking place and to prevent other campers from seeing the horrific scene. Word might have been making its way through the campers at various places near MB but not within the immediate area where CPR is taking place. Perhaps word is traveling that MB is unresponsive, MB is hurt, MB is not breathing etc.
First arriving campers probably made a 911 call and as word made its way through the outer group that MB was in distress others made a 911 call as well. JMO

Questions I have--forgive me, I know it the answers are somewhere in the threads it is just exhausting going through everything.
1. The door SP makes a light-hearted attempt to open, do we have the actual dimensions of the door or just estimates based on standard sizes?
2. Where is a good basic layout of the church--including reference to the street, parking lots, back doors, etc?
3. Could LE tell which direction SP headed on the road after or is that info they have not released?
4. Is the expert opinion (not necessarily local LE) that the SWAT uniform is consistent with actual LE gear/design?

Thank you all, glad to be here :smile:

Jethro...looking forward to your church layout and photos of interior....I couldn't find them....ty cady ETA By the time 911 was called, there was a flurry of calls, as all of the attendees would have been there for the 5 am start time. Someone called BB.....possibly whoever called him had not seen Missy, because he seemed to think that she had been in an accident, which is what he relayed to his mother,If I am recalling correctly. I guess if LE is putting fresh eyes together, we can, to some extent do that too...minus the red herrings. I wish TRICIA could get this Vaughn guy on radio as a guest....unlikely, though...JMO

I’m not surprised by 2 calls to 911. I thankfully have never seen a brutal crime scene (aside from tv) and can’t even imagine how absolutely horrific it was. From what I heard in local chatter, one of the campers did attempt to do CPR even though they knew it wouldn’t work. I can’t say how I would react on that exact situation, but in a moment of panic i imagine anyone would be quick to call 911 no matter if someone else was trying to also. Think about how many times multiple 911 calls are made for a wreck on side of highway. JMO

I don't know why no one considers it was done at SWFA and they moved them to the church. Therefore cannonball's dark SUV coming out of church parking lot makes since because it was at SWFA. I really doubt the driver (odc) was able to drive with a hole in his head.

As I wrote previously, he would have breeched the NE doors as misdirection. As the inside camera in the Northeast corner was working, it would have been a bad idea to go in that way, because I felt he wasn't fully dressed as a SWAT person yet. I also think he may have brought a change of clothes.

I had forgotten about the window on the north side. Let's say he made it inside via the window, couldn't he have opened the kitchen door from the inside by pushing the bar or was it key entry? And if he couldn't, why go to the trouble of breeching that door since entry was already made via the window? Or, was there someone else waiting to get in that couldn't go through the window.?

That means they have video of him breaking the NE doors. Is that what is happening at the end of the video across from Rm 12?

That means they have video of him breaking the NE doors. Is that what is happening at the end of the video across from Rm 12?

Wouldn't NE camera be looking to the SW? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member