TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a licence plate but it was unreadable.

I'm glad this case opened back up! I've been here from the beginning and this one has always bothered me so much.

In regards to this particular video and watching it again....things I noticed:

1. The lights going on and off all the time. Why did he/she just not leave them OFF the entire time in the parking lot? One thing I wondered is one view they stopped by a window and I had the thought they turned the lights off so that they could try to see if any lights were on IN the building itself. (around 1:25/1:26 mark)
  2. 3:15 mark - The car parks. I find it interesting it parks directly under a light where there is glare on the window versus one of the middle spots in between the lights. I don't think this was on purpose, I think they just lucked out. But I did watch the car intently and I do NOT see any movement, in the front or the backseat. IMO they parked there waiting for an "all clear" to move on. I remember originally thinking maybe they stopped to put on clothing (or change clothing), but seeing no movement, I don't think this was the case. And if it were lovers....one, why drive around the building, why not just park and go at it and again, no movement in the car.
  3. 6:59 mark - look at how far BACK this drivers seat is. IMO there is no way the car is driven by a woman, it has to be a tall man. IMO that seat is pushed back as far as possible.

Off to continue to read posts....

Last edited:
I was just about to post about Batbrat. Some of the posts that were made are on thread 34 and show the “green man” depiction that they made.
I’m still digging to find the members who DID infact do door measurements and the graphics that were used to show all of us the height that was determined. It was very precise (IMO) and I to this stand stand by the measurements Batbrat and others arrived at.
Yes, I've gone back and reviewed all that. They went on an assumption of an 84" door height, which I believe to be correct. But there are variances with the trim thickness and everything that really require someone to physically measure that height. And then there is the issue of the camera height. I know we've all seen photos from the awning entrance that show the cameras, but we can only guess at exactly what the height is. I know BatBrat did a lot of hard work, and she turned all of hr info over to police in 2016. But three years AFTER that, they said 5'8" give or take an inch and a half from floor to top of helmet. I have to believe that they cross-checked BatBrat's work against what Tarrant County did.

View attachment 285536

Okay, I got this far in the search and am still trying to figure out how to download the data *(see ETA note below). Under "Weapon", when I selected "Blunt instrument", nothing came up. It was only in selecting "Firearm, type not stated" and "Handgun - pistol, revolver, etc" that this one result came up.

*ETA: When I download, I only get the information shown in the following, so not sure there is anything more to the search. If there is, I can't figure it out beyond this point. It does definitely state it was by handgun.

View attachment 285535

I remember reading that it was thought she was also shot and now I'm glad we can confirm it. IMO this confirms to me it was targeted versus a random break in. Between the puncture wounds (personal) and the shot (to make sure she was dead), they came there for a purpose. To me if it had been random and the suspect was "surprised", why not just shoot right away? I guess a fight could have happened first if MB came around the corner and surprised perp, but I think MB would have been able to push suspect and run away. The suspect was so packed down with the outfit/clothes, they could not have kept up with MB. I think the suspect was waiting for MBto turn the corner and bam, attacked her and MB had no time to react. Suspect got in a few hits then shot her and escaped.

I know how I move when bundled up in my ski bibs for winter. It makes me walk funny and there is no way I could fight in them like I would not bundled up. I personally still think it was a woman who held a grudge. Whether she wanted BB and MB was in the way or she felt MB was a threat to her personal life. The attack seems so personal and MB could have clearly been taken out somewhere other than the church. Knowing exactly where MB would be, BB out of town, there are too many coincidences IMO for this to be random.

Yes, I've gone back and reviewed all that. They went on an assumption of an 84" door height, which I believe to be correct. But there are variances with the trim thickness and everything that really require someone to physically measure that height. And then there is the issue of the camera height. I know we've all seen photos from the awning entrance that show the cameras, but we can only guess at exactly what the height is. I know BatBrat did a lot of hard work, and she turned all of hr info over to police in 2016. But three years AFTER that, they said 5'8" give or take an inch and a half from floor to top of helmet. I have to believe that they cross-checked BatBrat's work against what Tarrant County did.

I sure hope they crossed checked. IIRC there was a local and possibly member of the church that helped get info to us in exact door measurements.
Going back through the threads is a time consuming venture, but hopefully I can bring some stuff forward for all to refresh their memories.

if the whole thing was a performance for the cameras for staging purposes ..and with this very extreme disguise , what could this killer be hiding

Watched the video again. In addition to thinking it's a woman, I don't believe they are really going door to door checking if they are locked. I think this is a performance for the surveillance cameras. Perhaps to make it look like a burglary gone bad or they are just killing time (no pun intended). I think this suspect is looking forward to what they are about to do to the victim. Someone mentioned upthread they look calm. I agree. This is not someone doing a grab and run, this looks like someone waiting for their victim to arrive. The gear is an interesting choice, but it's bulky and does conceal their actual appearance.

I do think the victim was the intended target. Did this person dress like that because they thought justice was being served upon the victim? IMO

I think concealing their identity was the main reason for the bulky clothing. That, and leaving trace evidence behind.

A poster above mentioned maybe the perp felt MB was a threat to perp’s personal life, and I think that is the key, whether actual involvement by MB or perceived as so by the perp.

I believe the perp had to be fully disguised because s/he is a whole lot closer relationship to MB than many want to believe.

Anger, revenge, protection? Maybe a lot of issues all wrapped up in this one act.

JMO

I think concealing their identity was the main reason for the bulky clothing. That, and leaving trace evidence behind.

A poster above mentioned maybe the perp felt MB was a threat to perp’s personal life, and I think that is the key, whether actual involvement by MB or perceived as so by the perp.

I believe the perp had to be fully disguised because s/he is a whole lot closer relationship to MB than many want to believe.

Anger, revenge, protection? Maybe a lot of issues all wrapped up in this one act.

JMO

like the killer of fahim saleh...in alleged ninja disguise

I remember reading that it was thought she was also shot and now I'm glad we can confirm it. IMO this confirms to me it was targeted versus a random break in. Between the puncture wounds (personal) and the shot (to make sure she was dead), they came there for a purpose. To me if it had been random and the suspect was "surprised", why not just shoot right away? I guess a fight could have happened first if MB came around the corner and surprised perp, but I think MB would have been able to push suspect and run away. The suspect was so packed down with the outfit/clothes, they could not have kept up with MB. I think the suspect was waiting for MBto turn the corner and bam, attacked her and MB had no time to react. Suspect got in a few hits then shot her and escaped.

I know how I move when bundled up in my ski bibs for winter. It makes me walk funny and there is no way I could fight in them like I would not bundled up. I personally still think it was a woman who held a grudge. Whether she wanted BB and MB was in the way or she felt MB was a threat to her personal life. The attack seems so personal and MB could have clearly been taken out somewhere other than the church. Knowing exactly where MB would be, BB out of town, there are too many coincidences IMO for this to be random.

How do they get their data? MAP, I mean.

I'm glad this case opened back up! I've been here from the beginning and this one has always bothered me so much.

1. The lights going on and off all the time. Why did he/she just not leave them OFF the entire time in the parking lot? One thing I wondered is one view they stopped by a window and I had the thought they turned the lights off so that they could try to see if any lights were on IN the building itself. (around 1:25/1:26 mark)
  2. 3:15 mark - The car parks. I find it interesting it parks directly under a light where there is glare on the window versus one of the middle spots in between the lights. I don't think this was on purpose, I think they just lucked out. But I did watch the car intently and I do NOT see any movement, in the front or the backseat. IMO they parked there waiting for an "all clear" to move on. I remember originally thinking maybe they stopped to put on clothing (or change clothing), but seeing no movement, I don't think this was the case. And if it were lovers....one, why drive around the building, why not just park and go at it and again, no movement in the car.
  3. 6:59 mark - look at how far BACK this drivers seat is. IMO there is no way the car is driven by a woman, it has to be a tall man. IMO that seat is pushed back as far as possible.

I've always thought that the driver's seat pushed back was because the driver needed room to put those funky, floppy shoes on. JMO

JMO
It might be that the killer was a woman trying to frame someone who was a man. I also think the camera angle makes the outfit look bulkier than it really is. Think about it. The pants are basically just black cargo pants. There may or may not be extra padding. The tac vest is the only item with some bulk. Probably just a regular shirt on under it. Helmet might be a lightweight paintball helmet with mounted lighting. A lot of the outfit is at least water resistant if not water repellent.

The outfit was smart regardless of whether the scenario was targeted or untargeted.

BBM. Missy’s manner of death was by handgun. This is revealed in data searchable at www.murderdata.org, the website of the Murder Accountability Project. Where does that data come from? The uniform crime reports, also known as UCR reports, which local police departments submit to the government monthly.

Murder Accountability Project: Data & Docs

I’m not sure if I can post a link, but there is a YouTube from several years back in which a lady shows how to drill down in the data to arrive at the record for Missy.

So in other words, the information about Missy’s manner of death being by handgun came from MPD itself through the UCR it submitted at the time to the FBI.

The very earliest search warrant was the one for Missy’s truck, and it said she died “from a head wound.” This was prior to the autopsy. After the autopsy, subsequent warrants used the language “puncture wounds to the head and chest.” I believe that after police confirmed the gunshot, they wanted to keep that info from the public. So they introduced a vagueness into their description of her wounds in order to accomplish that, IMHO.

One last thing regarding tools vs weapons. The B***y H***y warrant from Dec 2016, when describing the types of things police would be looking to seize from his home, mentioned “pry tools such as crowbars and hammers or weapons utilized or possessed by the suspect...”.
Bringing this forward for Gitana

View attachment 285536

Okay, I got this far in the search and am still trying to figure out how to download the data *(see ETA note below). Under "Weapon", when I selected "Blunt instrument", nothing came up. It was only in selecting "Firearm, type not stated" and "Handgun - pistol, revolver, etc" that this one result came up.

*ETA: When I download, I only get the information shown in the following, so not sure there is anything more to the search. If there is, I can't figure it out beyond this point. It does definitely state it was by handgun.

View attachment 285535

bringing this forward for Gitana

Good observe on this seat. That car just sticks with me.

Watched the video again. In addition to thinking it's a woman, I don't believe they are really going door to door checking if they are locked. I think this is a performance for the surveillance cameras. Perhaps to make it look like a burglary gone bad or they are just killing time (no pun intended). I think this suspect is looking forward to what they are about to do to the victim. Someone mentioned upthread they look calm. I agree. This is not someone doing a grab and run, this looks like someone waiting for their victim to arrive. The gear is an interesting choice, but it's bulky and does conceal their actual appearance.

I do think the victim was the intended target. Did this person dress like that because they thought justice was being served upon the victim? IMO

Totally agree...MB was the intended victim.
And this person, whether male or female went to a lot of forethought w/their plan and disguise.

"performance for the surveillance cameras" Right on!

jmo
ETA: def. a woman...

I've always thought that the driver's seat pushed back was because the driver needed room to put those funky, floppy shoes on. JMO

Just a tidbit of info.....I always move my seat all the way back to get out.

But, when driving , I'm closer......I'm short.
So when I hear something abt the car seat being positioned back or close, it doesn't affect my thoughts.

I’m not disagreeing since I haven’t an opine on female/male but I’m curious as to what makes people here think it’s one or the other? Again, not a complaint, I’m just interested.

I've really never been able to get past the thought that it was a woman. A woman who has gone out of her way to conceal her identity and also her feminine shape etc, but still there is something feminine about how they move and are shaped IMO, just clearly under a lot of covering. Plus they're not very tall. I might be stereotyping but if the perp really was 6ft or whatever they said at first, I'd be more inclined to discount a female perp, but 5'8ish including all the boots/helmet seems more likely to be a woman than a man than me.

The following is just spitballing on motive, JMO MOO etc: I remember it being reported at the time that both Missy and her husband were having affairs. I'd say there could be multiple women with grudges against Missy. The killing was IMO not only targeted but very personal... re: the hammer wounds to her head and chest - I think they wanted to mess up her face and her cleavage for a reason. Maybe they found texts where the dude (whether that be Missy's husband, or whoever Missy was having an affair with's husband) talked about her eyes and breasts? Then shot to ensure Missy was very dead and wouldn't survive those wounds even just for long enough to tell the story.

I've really never been able to get past the thought that it was a woman. A woman who has gone out of her way to conceal her identity and also her feminine shape etc, but still there is something feminine about how they move and are shaped IMO, just clearly under a lot of covering. Plus they're not very tall. I might be stereotyping but if the perp really was 6ft or whatever they said at first, I'd be more inclined to discount a female perp, but 5'8ish including all the boots/helmet seems more likely to be a woman than a man than me.

The following is just spitballing on motive, JMO MOO etc: I remember it being reported at the time that both Missy and her husband were having affairs. I'd say there could be multiple women with grudges against Missy. The killing was IMO not only targeted but very personal... re: the hammer wounds to her head and chest - I think they wanted to mess up her face and her cleavage for a reason. Maybe they found texts where the dude (whether that be Missy's husband, or whoever Missy was having an affair with's husband) talked about her eyes and breasts? Then shot to ensure Missy was very dead and wouldn't survive those wounds even just for long enough to tell the story.
BBM. It was never reported that Brandon had any affairs. Not saying he never HAD one, just saying it wasn’t reported. What WAS reported in SWs was that police found evidence of external relationship(s), but the ones they cited were both on Missy’s part, not Brandon’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602