TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It first appears in the killer’s hand when they emerge from room 10 to begin hammering at the glass of room 9.

I’ve expressed before the strong belief that this video clip is out of sequence. It should be placed before the killer walks back toward the camera and turns right at the auditorium.

What this means is that the killer discarded the object sometime after breaking into room 9 and before coming back down the Dutch door hallway.
@Gumshoe Stories , is there a way to link the map of the church under your username?
I’ve scrolled way back to find it in this thread and can’t locate the super detailed one you provided. OR, can we have it linked to the first page on all of the threads?
Room #9 is the stage area, what is room 10?

Exactly. To me its just a show because they know there's cameras and they know exactly when missy will b there as they are trying to make it look like a burglary and happened upon missy. I just dont think a regular burglar would disguise them selves this way. Over the top and could be accomplished w black hoodie and face mask and would take stuff that can be pawned. Imo. Ive been under the impression this is a female but could b convinced it a male thats not used to stuff like how to use a pry bar. Imo
Agreed.

About the get-up, it is big and bulky. It disguises the person's shape as well as face.

Also, the cumbersome outfit with the helmet is not something you'd wear if you expected that you might have to run, make a speedy getaway.

jmo

@Gumshoe Stories , is there a way to link the map of the church under your username?
I’ve scrolled way back to find it in this thread and can’t locate the super detailed one you provided. OR, can we have it linked to the first page on all of the threads?
Room #9 is the stage area, what is room 10?
Room 9 is a storage room for folding tables and such. Room 10 is where the youth meet.

Here you go on the map.
B822D2ED-1DE9-475D-83A3-9B55D5AC1517.jpeg B028ADEC-86CE-456C-BDBE-A87D0FB02D61.png

The pockets are too small for an object of that size. The items in the killer’s hands - hammer and mystery object - are being carried because they won’t fit in a pocket.

I think the way the killer carries the object gives us some clues as to what it might be.

"too small" ,,,,,"gives us some clues"

Please elaborate, clarify.

The pockets are too small for an object of that size. The items in the killer’s hands - hammer and mystery object - are being carried because they won’t fit in a pocket.

I think the way the killer carries the object gives us some clues as to what it might be.
Is SP grasping this object with curled fingers that go through the handle to the other side?

White Gopro. Did SP record activities? :eek:
Or is it a lg pair of Pliers

So you're saying that burglars who break into buildings after hours don't ever bring guns or shoot people?

Seems to me that a kid acting out video-game play in the real world wouldn't carry a firearm? These videos still bring back the text-based adventure games -- pick up key, look at key, put key in pocket; two levels later you need a key. Open door, enter room, search room, exit room.

Why you'd do that at an empty church at zero dark thirty, no idea.

Why you'd hammer another human to death, (yes I remember the gunshot wound,) also no idea.

JMHO and all that.

Adult criminals, much more likely.

ymmv lrr

"too small" ,,,,,"gives us some clues"

Please elaborate, clarify.
As far as the pockets being too small, that’s just from my observation of the object compared to the killer’s hand gripping it. They can’t envelop their hand all the way around it - only across the top and partway down the side. So I would say the object is roughly as big around as twice what a stretched-out hand would be. That’s pretty big around. And then the object is fairly long as well. So I just can’t see it fitting in a pocket because of size.

Then the other thing is that the killer is holding it fairly level, and the grip across the top suggests to me that the killer is holding something within it, keeping it from spilling out. In other words, this object may be open across the top.

I think the biggest hurdle for jumping on the burglar train is the killer brought a gun. Why did they bring a gun if they weren’t planning to kill someone?
I tend to agree. A gun, a leisurely pace in the building, a bulky outfit, helmet that appears to limit sight-line, weak (imo) attempt to open a locked door...none of it seems to go with stealth and clever burglary.

jmo

I think the biggest hurdle for jumping on the burglar train is the killer brought a gun. Why did they bring a gun if they weren’t planning to kill someone?
This depends on perspective, IMHO.
Do we follow the evidence and see where it leads us, wherever that may be?
Or,
Do we interpret the evidence in the light of a theory we already have?

Edit: Deleting for now until I can find the source video i pulled this from later. I want to make sure I didn’t pick up something altered...

Last edited:
Hey all,
Coming up in an hour and a half as I write this, I’m premiering a video on my channel about the bumper sticker and the mention of the car at SWFA maybe not being an Altima after all. We analyze these developments live at 2 PM Central today. It’s only about 5 minutes so come drop by!

Hey all,
Coming up in an hour and a half as I write this, I’m premiering a video on my channel about the bumper sticker and the mention of the car at SWFA maybe not being an Altima after all. We analyze these developments live at 2 PM Central today. It’s only about 5 minutes so come drop by!

Sounds good, thanks.

-Nin

Hey all,

GS, thank you for doing another video. After watching it, I am confused honestly. Are you saying LE may not want to reveal the real brand of the vehicle shown in the SWFA video, or may not be able to? Same with the decal; is LE making a mistake in thinking there is an actual decal on the back of the vehicle? Or do you think they are misdirecting? Sorry for the questions, but I just did not understand, thank you.

-Nin

GS, thank you for doing another video. After watching it, I am confused honestly. Are you saying LE may not want to reveal the real brand of the vehicle shown in the SWFA video, or may not be able to? Same with the decal; is LE making a mistake in thinking there is an actual decal on the back of the vehicle? Or do you think they are misdirecting? Sorry for the questions, but I just did not understand, thank you.

-Nin
I honestly don’t know. I mention misdirection simply because I know it’s a tactic that LE sometimes use for whatever reason. But both the sticker and the car model inaccuracies really are hard to fathom.

BBM. I’m in a spot today with poor cell service so I’m having a hard time uploading photos. If you can find the layout I’ve previously posted, you’re looking at either room 18 or room 17 as the room with the light left on. In that section of the hallway moving down from Dutch door room 21, you have a copier room 20, then the offices are in 19. I just can’t tell whether that light is from the next door down, or two doors down. Room 18 is an office. Room 17 is a room where they keep files on inmates who are taking correspondence courses.

These rooms would have been further eastward from the awning entrance. I doubt anyone woukd have noticed a light. It’s also possible that a light was already on and that what you see in the hallway is the light now spilling into the hallway after the killer left the door open.

Is the rather small library, with the glass wall facing the hallway, marked on the map? It is a small well-lit room; more like the size of a half of a half of a room, with a wooden rack of book-filled shelves and an upholstered chair's placed in front of the books facing the hall.
Perhaps the library's light illuminates 24/7. And, that's the stream of light we see illuminated across the floor except, the library's glass wall must be at least 5'wide and the illumination appears more narrow.

Crooks, especially, car ring thieves, prefer to operate under the cover of rain for obvious reasons. It's odd if SP went to burglarize the church that the brutal attack upon Missy just so happens to be off camera.
#JusticeForMissy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members