TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the rather small library, with the glass wall facing the hallway, marked on the map? It is a small well-lit room; more like the size of a half of a half of a room, with a wooden rack of book-filled shelves and an upholstered chair's placed in front of the books facing the hall.
Perhaps the library's light illuminates 24/7. And, that's the stream of light we see illuminated across the floor except, the library's glass wall must be at least 5'wide and the illumination appears more narrow.

Crooks, especially, car ring thieves, prefer to operate under the cover of rain for obvious reasons. It's odd if SP went to burglarize the church that the brutal attack upon Missy just so happens to be off camera.
#JusticeForMissy
No library. The only area that is glassed-in on that hallway are the offices, which are marked 19. Everything else between 15 and 21 is a metal door or in the case of 21, a Dutch door.

Here is a collage showing the Office area 19 at the top and then individual shots of that same area a little closer up. There are offices within that area, a sofa, etc

Attachments

• E351B600-FC88-46FA-BB46-6D45A995B06E.jpeg
    E351B600-FC88-46FA-BB46-6D45A995B06E.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:
GS, thank you for doing another video. After watching it, I am confused honestly. Are you saying LE may not want to reveal the real brand of the vehicle shown in the SWFA video, or may not be able to? Same with the decal; is LE making a mistake in thinking there is an actual decal on the back of the vehicle? Or do you think they are misdirecting? Sorry for the questions, but I just did not understand, thank you.

-Nin

It’s been so long since I’ve followed this case, but I remember reading the oval decal was a/the Batman logo. I could be wrong, but I could have sworn it was noted and subsequently (more-or-less) “hushed.”

I don’t know what value this adds, but was curious if this is common or known by others if not.

I honestly don’t know. I mention misdirection simply because I know it’s a tactic that LE sometimes use for whatever reason. But both the sticker and the car model inaccuracies really are hard to fathom.

GS, you know my opinion regarding the car. About the sticker, here is the problem. I just talked to my sign guy (family member), whose business fabricates channel letters on a daily base. He says the SWFA Outdoor sign is a halo sign, meaning, channel letters with open backs, where the light is being bounced against the wall and then indirectly lightening up the area around the individual letter. So in our case, there is no direct light beam, that can be reflected from a moving car for example.

I am not nitpicking the sticker issue. I just think it is crucially important to locate that driver/owner of the vehicle in order to include or exclude a connection to the MB case, as the driver is clearly wearing a face covering/balaclava (below eyes) IMO.

So this is what I think regarding the sticker:

Here is a frame showing the vehicle without sticker (bottom) and then with sticker (top):

NISSAN exit sticker compo.png
Click to enlarge

What is the main difference between the two images? The top image shows more light reflection on the paver IMO caused by the rear lights and the license tag light and the light elevation on the paver.

You see this:

NISSAN exit start.png .. and then this..NISSAN exit sticker appears.png
Click to enlarge

I believe therefore we do have a sticker on the rear bumper.

Pictures showing the SWFA OUTDOOR signage (day/night, Halo Sign):

MB SWFA Outdoors business banner.png MB SWFA Outdoors video 3.png
Click to enlarge

Here are some pics of that unevenness between the SWFA building and the main road:

MB SWFA Outdoors map 1.png MB SWFA Outdoors map 2.png MB SWFA Outdoors cam spin out yt ch.png
Click to enlarge

ALL IMO

-Nin

I honestly don’t know. I mention misdirection simply because I know it’s a tactic that LE sometimes use for whatever reason. But both the sticker and the car model inaccuracies really are hard to fathom.

I have one possible explanation for the lack of clarity on the car, and it's the same issue as with the "bumper sticker" and so many other details that are seen in one video or another.

The exact contours of the SWFA car are defined by brief glimpses of apparent shadows (or lack of shadows). But, with pixel limits and odd/shifting lighting and rain and more, it's often hard to distinguish shadow from shade from reflection from surface differences from camera limitations and so on, with the result that captured "images" of precise details on video can be very deceptive, sometimes misleading.

You may be accurate in being convinced that it MUST BE an Altima. But given the limits of the technology, can they really be sure? Or perhaps is there wisdom in hedging their bets a bit?

GS, you know my opinion regarding the car. About the sticker, here is the problem. I just talked to my sign guy (family member), whose business fabricates channel letters on a daily base. He says the SWFA Outdoor sign is a halo sign, meaning, channel letters with open backs, where the light is being bounced against the wall and then indirectly lightening up the area around the individual letter. So in our case, there is no direct light beam, that can be reflected from a moving car for example.

I am not nitpicking the sticker issue. I just think it is crucially important to locate that driver/owner of the vehicle in order to include or exclude a connection to the MB case, as the driver is clearly wearing a face covering/balaclava (below eyes) IMO.

So this is what I think regarding the sticker:

Here is a frame showing the vehicle without sticker (bottom) and then with sticker (top):

View attachment 291255
Click to enlarge

What is the main difference between the two images? The top image shows more light reflection on the paver IMO caused by the rear lights and the license tag light and the light elevation on the paver.

You see this:

View attachment 291259 .. and then this..View attachment 291260
Click to enlarge

I believe therefore we do have a sticker on the rear bumper.

Pictures showing the SWFA OUTDOOR signage (day/night, Halo Sign):

View attachment 291264 View attachment 291265
Click to enlarge

Here are some pics of that unevenness between the SWFA building and the main road:

View attachment 291261 View attachment 291263 View attachment 291262
Click to enlarge

ALL IMO

-Nin
It may not be the SWFA sign causing it. It might be an imperfection in the pavement that is reflected up onto the car. To me, it isn’t as important to know the source of the bumper feature. It’s more important to determine whether something is there or is being projected.

For me the light only gets marginally better from 7:31 on. Not so much that I can buy a vinyl decal suddenly becoming visible when it used to be invisible. In these pictures notice how the muffler becomes a little more visible. But there was never a point where it was INvisible; you could always tell it was there:

93C731CE-F4C5-4F7C-95BA-0052056970BA.jpeg

One thing that I guess could be possible is that a bumper sticker might have once been there and there might still be old adhesive residue there. This would not help us find the car though because it would not be visible in the light of day.

I have one possible explanation for the lack of clarity on the car, and it's the same issue as with the "bumper sticker" and so many other details that are seen in one video or another.

The exact contours of the SWFA car are defined by brief glimpses of apparent shadows (or lack of shadows). But, with pixel limits and odd/shifting lighting and rain and more, it's often hard to distinguish shadow from shade from reflection from surface differences from camera limitations and so on, with the result that captured "images" of precise details on video can be very deceptive, sometimes misleading.

You may be accurate in being convinced that it MUST BE an Altima. But given the limits of the technology, can they really be sure? Or perhaps is there wisdom in hedging their bets a bit?
To be clear, I am not convinced that it MUST be an Altima. But I am convinced that it is NOT a G37. I only covered the hood differences; there are differences in the headlights and taillights too.

the FBI has a database of every make and model of vehicle ever made. The multiple angles of video that we have of this car make it hard to believe that multiple agencies couldn’t arrive at the exact make and model in 5 years, IMHO.

It may not be the SWFA sign causing it. It might be an imperfection in the pavement that is reflected up onto the car. To me, it isn’t as important to know the source of the bumper feature. It’s more important to determine whether something is there or is being projected.

For me the light only gets marginally better from 7:31 on. Not so much that I can buy a vinyl decal suddenly becoming visible when it used to be invisible. In these pictures notice how the muffler becomes a little more visible. But there was never a point where it was INvisible; you could always tell it was there:

View attachment 291287

One thing that I guess could be possible is that a bumper sticker might have once been there and there might still be old adhesive residue there. This would not help us find the car though because it would not be visible in the light of day.
My memory seems to fail once more, because I've thought, this pic was taken NOT at SWFA, but near the church. It was shown to the public long (?) before the SWFA video, afaik.
Maybe of course, LE tricksed us with half right/half wrong message? "Near the church" could be SWFA also, and "parking lot" is not a lie.
ETA: I believe, the bumper sticker on the back of the car is so very meaningful, that LE don't want it to be known. Sticker - okay, ovale - okay, but more we shouldn't know for certain reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
My memory seems to fail once more, because I've thought, this pic was taken NOT at SWFA, but near the church. It was shown to the public long (?) before the SWFA video, afaik.
Maybe of course, LE tricksed us with half right/half wrong message? "Near the church" could be SWFA also, and "parking lot" is not a lie.
ETA: I believe, the bumper sticker on the back of the car is so very meaningful, that LE don't want it to be known. Sticker - okay, ovale - okay, but more we shouldn't know for certain reasons.
The pic that police released in May 2016 was a screen grab from the SWFA video. Then SWFA themselves released the video in December of that year.

Dec 2017
'I'm done': Husband of personal trainer slaughtered by masked man more than a year ago says he's ending his hunt for her killer for the sake of their kids

'The children are not terribly fond of apprehending this person. They don't want to revisit those emotions-they have told me this,' he wrote in part.
Husband says he is done searching for wife's killer | Daily Mail Online

April 2018
An extraordinary dollar amount, certainly. But for BB, the gesture by his daughter in itself was a surprise that forced him to fight back the tears.

"It went from one thousand to ten thousand in a matter of seconds and to be quite honest, I didn't know she had personally endowed the funds [toward Missy's investigation],"

She plans to continue showing livestock to raise money to find answers surrounding around her mother's unsolved murder that occurred at Creekside Church in Midlothian on April 18, 2016.

$15,000 and 'speechless': Allison Bevers endows pig sale to fund Missy Bevers investigation

I get a very different impression of what the children may want. Maybe that changed over time, maybe not. However, it seems this daughter wants answers. She deserves answers, and I hope she finds them.

Last edited:
Hi,

New here so please forgive me if my post is hard to read or isn't formatted correctly. I've just taken some images of the car from the SWFA footage and ran it through a Car Make and Model Recognition algorithm (credit to Car Make and Model Recognition - Algorithm by LgoBE - Algorithmia).

Some of the images couldn't be processed for some reason but I have just included the ones that were. The results lets say are interesting. In 3 of the 6 images, it doesn't even predict a Nissan. In 1 of the images it predicts a Nissan but with a confidence level below 50%. Only 2 0f the 6 images it predicts a Nissan Altima with a confidence level of over 50% (the only time it predicts with over 50% confidence). The model year it predicts for the two images is 2007 & 2008 respectively. None of the predictions included an Infiniti car.

Image 11 seems to be a strong indicator that the car is an Altima 2007 make. Not sure what model year LE had in mind. Worth noting that Image 11 also seems to be the best quality image, hence the disparity in results of the other images due to them being much lower quality.

Results:

upload_2021-4-4_16-9-22.png

Image links:
image11 — Postimages
image9 — Postimages
image8 — Postimages
image7 — Postimages
image4 — Postimages
image3 — Postimages

Last edited:
Hi,

New here so please forgive me if my post is hard to read or isn't formatted correctly. I've just taken some images of the car from the SWFA footage and ran it through a Car Make and Model Recognition algorithm (credit to Car Make and Model Recognition - Algorithm by LgoBE - Algorithmia).

Some of the images couldn't be processed for some reason but I have just included the ones that were. The results lets say are interesting. In 3 of the 6 images, it doesn't even predict a Nissan. In 1 of the images it predicts a Nissan but with a confidence level below 50%. Only 2 0f the 6 images it predicts a Nissan Altima with a confidence level of over 50% (the only time it predicts with over 50% confidence). The model year it predicts for the two images is 2007 & 2008 respectively. None of the predictions included an Infiniti car.

Image 11 seems to be a strong indicator that the car is an Altima 2007 make. Not sure what model year LE had in mind.

Results:

View attachment 291293

Image links:
image11 — Postimages
image9 — Postimages
image8 — Postimages
image7 — Postimages
image4 — Postimages
image3 — Postimages

Good work! Could it be a 2007?? Check out this 2007 that I found from an auction in TX with a similar shaped sticker or feature on the bumper. Not sure if it is the same size sticker/feature, if other features fit, etc. but worth exploring.

2007 NISSAN ALTIMA 2.5/2.5S, 1N4AL21EX7C231732 photos - Poctra.com

Attachments

• 6026A326-3EDA-4A9D-9176-7ACC97D3A817.jpeg
    6026A326-3EDA-4A9D-9176-7ACC97D3A817.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 45155B45-1513-4C79-A7E5-7534C51137A9.jpeg
    45155B45-1513-4C79-A7E5-7534C51137A9.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 77
  • CD177F9F-BD8B-42DC-B103-7CFDB89B8D15.jpeg
    CD177F9F-BD8B-42DC-B103-7CFDB89B8D15.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Good work! Check out this 2007 that I found from an auction in TX with a sticker on the bumper. Not sure if it is the same size sticker, if other features fit, etc. but worth exploring:

2007 NISSAN ALTIMA 2.5/2.5S, 1N4AL21EX7C231732 photos - Poctra.com

Interesting. Personally, I think the sticker in the cctv footage was just a shadow of the SWFA logo but no harm in looking at the possibility of it being a sticker. Do you know how to get those images without the watermarks?

Edit: Just ran some of those images you shared through the algorithm and I'm getting a 99% confidence for a Nissan Altima 2007, so I'm happy with the way the model is working. In my original post, image11 seems to be the most clear so it explains why the confidence and the results for the other images were so different as they were much lower quality.

Last edited:
Here are some comparisons of the front grill area. Both appear to have what could possible be the nissan logo mid grill.

Attachments

• D1AE4E91-0812-4150-99E8-0122EE05D1F3.jpeg
    D1AE4E91-0812-4150-99E8-0122EE05D1F3.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 119
  • 0000A97A-75ED-4813-95D7-FAFCED224B02.jpeg
    0000A97A-75ED-4813-95D7-FAFCED224B02.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 112
Here are the best images I could get for the license plate. These images are snapped from around 40 seconds into the footage from here:

I used the Microsoft Photos app and applied the "Zeke" and "Vanilla" filters. Tried to get some plate recognition algorithms to see if they can decipher the plate number but no luck so far.

Texas Licence plates by year:

Vehicle registration plates of Texas - Wikipedia

Attachments

• SWFA_plate.png
    SWFA_plate.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 90
  • SWFA_plate2.png
    SWFA_plate2.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 84
  • SWFA_plate3.png
    SWFA_plate3.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 251
  • SWFA_plate4.png
    SWFA_plate4.png
    4 KB · Views: 240
  • SWFA_plate5.png
    SWFA_plate5.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Here are some comparisons of the front grill area. Both appear to have what could possible be the nissan logo mid grill.

Yes. The shape of the grill looks similar. The placement of the license plate, contours of the hood and logo is also similar.

Does the bottom right part of the grill in the cctv image look odd to you? It doesn't seem symmetrical to me i.e the left side looks longer than the right (from the perspective of the car) or am I seeing things?

Last edited:
Super nice work everyone.
Way back in the beginning I can’t remember which member and it’s only iirc this correctly, I believe there was indeed some isolation to show the first 3 characters of the plate and that it was infact a Texas plate and the number of characters matched up with Texas license plating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NVWoman