TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One other thing as we are discussing the nature of the attack. Some of you may not have seen the Missy episode of “Still a Mystery” on ID network. In it, Kevin Johnson states that Missy was dead by around 4:20. Not sure how they arrived at that, but that’s 2 mins from when she opened the door. Whatever happened, happened very quickly.

One other thing as we are discussing the nature of the attack. Some of you may not have seen the Missy episode of “Still a Mystery” on ID network. In it, Kevin Johnson states that Missy was dead by around 4:20. Not sure how they arrived at that, but that’s 2 mins from when she opened the door. Whatever happened, happened very quickly.

Do you know if she wore a Fitbit or any kind of watch that tracked her pulse?

The church leaves the inner doors open. They were open during a service and they were open on a random late weeknight.
Just to add, those kinds of inner doors are just to provide an airlock in case of extreme heat or cold, for energy conservation. They are a hassle and it makes sense in Texas to prop them open most of the time.

I’ll go ahead and share what I learned this week about the cameras. As it turns out, there were four cameras in total in the interior of the church. Obviously we know there were two cameras at the Southwest and two cameras at the Northeast. That’s four cameras. So there were no cameras at all at the north west or the Southeast.

This tracks with the way the footage was released to us, because it never really made a lot of sense for the footage to skip from the kitchen area all the way around to the Southwest camera. And then there was another gap at that other corner. What this means is that Police really don’t have much unreleased interior footage at all.

if you’re an advocate for a targeted murder, you could certainly interpret it as the suspect luring Missy to an area with no camera. Or if you’re on team untargeted, Maybe SP just happened to be at that end of the building when Missy came in. I’m not sure what benefit it would’ve been to SP to go to the trouble of making the murder be off camera. What does it matter? It’s not like the fact that he murdered Missy is going to be a secret when other people show up. He’s completely covered from head to toe and has already been on camera.
There were 2 cameras at the NE? One was directed down the north hallway,
and the other? Was that the camera that caught SP coming out of Rm 10?
Did that camera track the east hallway? We didn't see much of that hallway at all.

I'm wondering why, after coming out of 10, he started on the doorway across the hall from 10 and they only showed a bit of it. That camera should have caught SP heading (toward) N in the east hallway and then going away to the South in the east hallway.

We know he headed South in the East hallway and turned the corner into the South hallway and headed west still clutching that silly tray. I'm wondering why he didn't go west in the north hallway after coming out of Room 10 and try to go into the auditorium that way. But he doubled back and entered (or so we believe) the auditorium there. Strange.

1) Did the camera facing south in the NE corner capture him other than coming out of Rm 10? And if not, why?

The search warrant is wrong. I don’t know whether to attribute it to a typo or a miscommunication, but Missy was at the NW corner and not the SW corner. I know that’s hard to believe after believing something else for 5 years. I’m in the same boat.

Here is the aquarium:
View attachment 293923

Here is the display case although it’s difficult to see and there are things either stacked on top of it or next to it:
View attachment 293925

Here is the map. The question mark shows where the display case was:

View attachment 293926
This was proposed by someone back in 2018, a member believed police didn't consult a compass or google map, and so failed to account for the odd angle of the highway in identifying the quadrant ...

I encountered it by following this link, note the scribble on the map is the poster's theory about the body being found in the NW hallway
Google Image Result for https://www.websleuths.com/forums/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20180214%2Ffe4ffe92eb73e3b10ce4b9da53b8a860.jpg&hash=ab63e8e9fd19894bf96ff40a852009dc

@Razz
I did. A quick google search and there is a YouTube video provided by Fox Dallas of the first interview he did.
I know what you are looking for when asking about panning to the back yard. :)
What I’m hoping for is @NIN or someone else can zoom in on the car that appears heading towards the house (very slowly) around the 0.25-0.38 ish Mark.
P.S. I can’t get the YouTube video to link:mad:

Answers in line below in bold.

There were 2 cameras at the NE? Yes. One was directed down the north hallway,
and the other? One was looking west, which is the one that first recorded SP coming out of 8 and running a hand down the wall. Was that the camera that caught SP coming out of Rm 10? While the first cam looked west, the second cam looked south. And yes, that’s the one that caught SP coming out of 10.
Did that camera track the east hallway? We didn't see much of that hallway at all. It does. But there isn’t much to see from that end. You can see down to the other room 10 door. Beyond that is 11, 12 and 13 on the left and 14 on the right. I don’t know if when SP came north along that hall he got close enough for the camera to activate or not. Presumably he went in the first room 10 door.

I'm wondering why, after coming out of 10, he started on the doorway across the hall from 10 and they only showed a bit of it. That camera should have caught SP heading (toward) N in the east hallway and then going away to the South in the east hallway. Good question. They zoomed in as SP was hammering room 9 in order to show the object in the left hand. Maybe the camera stopped after SP entered room 9 and did not activate quickly enough when he left and turned South? Or, Maybe he left the object in room 9 and police edited that out to preserve it as something only the killer would know. Btw, I think this answers your question at the end below.

We know he headed South in the East hallway and turned the corner into the South hallway and headed west still clutching that silly tray. No, SP does not still have the tray after they “pop back up” walking toward the camera and turning right toward the auditorium. I'm wondering why he didn't go west in the north hallway after coming out of Room 10 and try to go into the auditorium that way. But he doubled back and entered (or so we believe) the auditorium there. Strange. Not strange. SP was systematic and methodical. They exited room 8 (keep in mind how close room 8 is to rooms 9 and 10), then proceeded in a counterclockwise fashion to check each outward-facing room. So they were always turning right out of a room and going to the next one. After going to room 10, they had completed the circuit of those outward-facing rooms. To go west in the north hallway would be to go back over covered ground and would leave unexplored the inward-facing rooms of the east hallway. So being systematic and methodical, SP started on the inward-facing rooms beginning with room 9 the storage room. After 9, SP would have gone south to the one remaining room on that hallway, room 14. Then turned right and proceeded up the south hallway to the only unexplored space that was left - the auditorium.

1) Did the camera facing south in the NE corner capture him other than coming out of Rm 10? And if not, why? See previous answer.

This was proposed by someone back in 2018, a member believed police didn't consult a compass or google map, and so failed to account for the odd angle of the highway in identifying the quadrant ...

I encountered it by following this link, note the scribble on the map is the poster's theory about the body being found in the NW hallway
Google Image Result for https://www.websleuths.com/forums/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20180214%2Ffe4ffe92eb73e3b10ce4b9da53b8a860.jpg&hash=ab63e8e9fd19894bf96ff40a852009dc
Yeah the highway is really beside the point. One of the first things police do with a crime scene is they establish the perimeter of that crime scene and then they determine the “directionals” they will apply to it for purposes of reporting. And they create a diagram of the scene. You can imagine the chaos of each individual determining what they think “north” is. So in this case they decided that they were going to set up the crime scene log and all entry/exit there at the awning entrance. So picture the lead officer taking a blank sheet of paper and starting at the bottom, he designates that awning entrance as being south and since it’s at the left end, it’s SW. Then he draws out the rest of the building moving inward (northward). So where the highway is doesn’t matter, and where the sun is doesn’t matter. I always laugh because there is a particular podcaster who has insisted for 5 years on orienting the building so that it is cattycorner as you look at it. So you have to tilt your head and get a crick in your neck to see it “straight”.

But to the crux of your comment - yes, someone somewhere has to have gotten their wires crossed, as police don’t intentionally lie in a warrant before a judge. So, someone heard it wrong or they typed it wrong.

@Razz
I did. A quick google search and there is a YouTube video provided by Fox Dallas of the first interview he did.
I know what you are looking for when asking about panning to the back yard. :)
What I’m hoping for is @NIN or someone else can zoom in on the car that appears heading towards the house (very slowly) around the 0.25-0.38 ish Mark.
P.S. I can’t get the YouTube video to link:mad:
Are you talking about the white truck that passes BBs house and then drives into his next door neighbor's driveway and then backs up to make another pass at BBs house?

Are you talking about the white truck that passes BBs house and then drives into his next door neighbor's driveway and then backs up to make another pass at BBs house?
No, after that. You can see a car coming towards Brandon’s on the road slowly after the pickup pulls in and pulls onto the neighbors it super quick, the camera switches from the wide view to straight on Brandon.

Razz: yes to the interview. Would that have been Tuesday after she was murdered?

His parents were in the backyard but they (the network?) have cut that out.
So they would have arrived the day after Missy was murdered.
I haven’t been able to locate that specific video either. But it does show the family in the back

I’ll go ahead and share what I learned this week about the cameras. As it turns out, there were four cameras in total in the interior of the church. Obviously we know there were two cameras at the Southwest and two cameras at the Northeast. That’s four cameras. So there were no cameras at all at the north west or the Southeast.

This tracks with the way the footage was released to us, because it never really made a lot of sense for the footage to skip from the kitchen area all the way around to the Southwest camera. And then there was another gap at that other corner. What this means is that Police really don’t have much unreleased interior footage at all.

if you’re an advocate for a targeted murder, you could certainly interpret it as the suspect luring Missy to an area with no camera. Or if you’re on team untargeted, Maybe SP just happened to be at that end of the building when Missy came in. I’m not sure what benefit it would’ve been to SP to go to the trouble of making the murder be off camera. What does it matter? It’s not like the fact that he murdered Missy is going to be a secret when other people show up. He’s completely covered from head to toe and has already been on camera.

Being seen on camera in gear and walking around is one thing. Murdering someone on camera is another! What if there is a scuffle? What if the headgear is ripped off? The way you fight is going to be a lot more telling than the way someone saunters around. I 1 million percent think they would make efforts to not have the murder on camera!!

I think its when SP enters the worship center, they do this weird hand gesture. I cannot see anything in their hands but I thought maybe if the headlamp they were wearing was one that supported hand gesture activations. Something like the one in the below video:

Attachments

• church_layout.PNG
    church_layout.PNG
    256.7 KB · Views: 36
  • sp.png
    sp.png
    459.1 KB · Views: 40
  • sp2.png
    sp2.png
    587 KB · Views: 32
Being seen on camera in gear and walking around is one thing. Murdering someone on camera is another! What if there is a scuffle? What if the headgear is ripped off? The way you fight is going to be a lot more telling than the way someone saunters around. I 1 million percent think they would make efforts to not have the murder on camera!!
If they wanted to not have the murder on camera, then they could have killed her some other place that doesn’t even have cameras. They’re going to shoot her anyway, so shoot her thru her car door at an intersection. Or pull just off the highway into the church driveway and put the hood up. Missy pulls in, stops to see about the stranded motorist, and they shoot her. There is no reason to involve the church building in this. This perp is not as devious or cunning as you think. They’re not pussyfooting around calculating dead spots of cameras. They’re not trying to lure a person all the way from one of the building to another just so they can be off camera. Nor are they worried about being uncovered in a scuffle, because they’re in tactical gear and they have a gun.

just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member