TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’ve learned two more facts in this case. Missy was captured on video, per the podiatrist. Doc saw her (on video) come in to the church and see her startled reaction to something. MB turned her head towards the noise or to the person. I didn’t know that MB was actually filmed.

At least one of the working cameras had audio. I was always under the impression there was no sound. You can hear the doors opening and SP walking on a video I recently saw.

Wondering why SP would be looking in rooms and opening closet doors etc. Perhaps SP was looking for the controls to the cameras to disengage them or take tapes out. Who knows..

Another Christmas these girls are without their Mother… sad.

When the burglar decided to go to Creekside Church, I think it is strange the burglar's vehicle did not at least try to drive up the ramp in the southwest awning area so they could stop to see what the inside of the church looked like, even if they did not get out of their vehicle. I think a surveillance camera would have seen that.

This is the same area where Missy Bever's truck was found. I think she may have temporarily parked it there to unload the folding table and other items before moving it to a regular parking spot later. This is why I think she parked her truck in that southwest awning area that morning. She was then murdered before she was able to go back to her truck. This is my impression of the scene after looking at the layout of the church parking area.

If he only went to the church and wandered around, I would agree and it would have ended there if Missy had not entered the building.
But I think there is a chance that this is the same person who took a drive around the parking lot at the nearby store (selling guns), saw there were cars in the back, and abandoned his original plan to do a burglary there.
I don’t know what SWFA sold in their store. It might have sold,or sp might have thought it sold optics for handguns. If they were carrying a handgun, SP might have had primary desire to accessorize their handgun. In which case church might always have been secondary. Or, did SWFA ever sell specialized gear to law enforcement with proper ID? Maybe SP was trying to further authenticate their outfit but didn’t have proper documentation.

I don’t know what SWFA sold in their store. It might have sold,or sp might have thought it sold optics for handguns. If they were carrying a handgun, SP might have had primary desire to accessorize their handgun. In which case church might always have been secondary. Or, did SWFA ever sell specialized gear to law enforcement with proper ID? Maybe SP was trying to further authenticate their outfit but didn’t have proper documentation.
I don't believe they sold anything that would help someone look more like a real swat/police officer.
Here is a pic of inside of the store. SP was armed and the victim was shot, per the FBI stats, which are repeatedly discussed earlier on this thread. I accept as a fact that she was shot, not everyone agrees as the person that was killed (on the FBI stats) is not named.

1703192010573.png

I don't believe they sold anything that would help someone look more like a real swat/police officer.
Here is a pic of inside of the store. SP was armed and the victim was shot, per the FBI stats, which are repeatedly discussed earlier on this thread. I accept as a fact that she was shot, not everyone agrees as the person that was killed (on the FBI stats) is not named.

View attachment 469491
Thank you. Yes. I understand and also accept the weight of the evidence that points to Sp armed with a gun. I don’t know whether they were at SWFA for the gun or for some other reason. They weren’t there to steal a gun, they already had one. (Maybe that explains early police investigations at local Walmarts. Maybe police thought sp was seeking a gun.)I believe they were there at SWFA - all decked out, with a gun in the middle of the night in the pouring rain because of a limited window of opportunity. But why? And who?

I’ve learned two more facts in this case. Missy was captured on video, per the podiatrist. Doc saw her (on video) come in to the church and see her startled reaction to something. MB turned her head towards the noise or to the person. I didn’t know that MB was actually filmed.

At least one of the working cameras had audio. I was always under the impression there was no sound. You can hear the doors opening and SP walking on a video I recently saw.

Wondering why SP would be looking in rooms and opening closet doors etc. Perhaps SP was looking for the controls to the cameras to disengage them or take tapes out. Who knows..

Can you link this video with audio? I'd like to check it out.

Thank you. Yes. I understand and also accept the weight of the evidence that points to Sp armed with a gun. I don’t know whether they were at SWFA for the gun or for some other reason. They weren’t there to steal a gun, they already had one. (Maybe that explains early police investigations at local Walmarts. Maybe police thought sp was seeking a gun.)I believe they were there at SWFA - all decked out, with a gun in the middle of the night in the pouring rain because of a limited window of opportunity. But why? And who?
Any store selling firearms and ammo is a prime target of burglaries and robberies. And the criminals already own guns and are armed. The guns they steal are not loaded. Most burglaries of gun stores are of the smash-and-grab type because these stores have good working alarms and video surveillance. Thus armed burglars completely cover their heads and faces, break a window, grab a couple of guns and drive away before LE can get there.

At 7:41 begins the video with sound, turn up your speaker.
Just to be clear, we are not able to see the video that the podiatrist saw. The doctor saw all video as he was being asked by LE to analyze the walk of SP.

I hear some weird scraping type noises that don't match the actions on the video. Seems to be some kind of unrelated audio artifact to me. JMO.

Thanks but there's no audio in the video you linked. Just some commentary. JMO.

I don't think there's any audio in it.

The video we all have seen, which is the one that was disseminated by LE very early and then used over and over by media, has never had any audio.

LE has never mentioned the existence of audio.

Basic security cam footage would NOT have audio (which is something I know firsthand at my business). I can't imagine the church would have felt a need to add audio recording to the feed (at more cost, and which would require more disc space for file storage) for their low-crime setting. Churches (except the atypical huge ones) tend to operate on very (very!) tight budgets with limited means.

We also know that the forensic podiatrist - consulting with LE firsthand - saw whatever video LE has. From his description that video clearly had no audio.

In that news report video above, it shows slices of the very same stock footage being played in the background.

If someone thought they heard sounds in some playing of the video, whether this time or another, it's a very safe bet it's not coming from the video itself. In those news stories and podcasts, there is voice-over from the news reporter and studio (or the podcaster and their setting), which adds intentional words and can include unintentional sounds in what is aired.

Last edited:
At 7:41 begins the video with sound, turn up your speaker.
Just to be clear, we are not able to see the video that the podiatrist saw. The doctor saw all video as he was being asked by LE to analyze the walk of SP.

Gosh I think Pat Brown is right on! I hadnt seen this video before. It seems so obvious now to me. Just the logic and way she explained it. It is a case of why didnt I think of it the way she did lol. IMO.

Gosh I think Pat Brown is right on! I hadnt seen this video before. It seems so obvious now to me. Just the logic and way she explained it. It is a case of why didnt I think of it the way she did lol. IMO.
I agree that the way the person walks around is like security but- does is the person leaving prints on all the door knobs? and why does the person open and then leave doors open? they seem to not be trying to conceal that they were there- but they are also using up a lot of time if they are trying to steal something. You would think that the fake police uniform is so that they could just leave or have an alibi if they were confronted, but then they kill the first person they run into? So not a very smooth practiced burglar. IMO

I agree that the way the person walks around is like security but- does is the person leaving prints on all the door knobs? and why does the person open and then leave doors open? they seem to not be trying to conceal that they were there- but they are also using up a lot of time if they are trying to steal something. You would think that the fake police uniform is so that they could just leave or have an alibi if they were confronted, but then they kill the first person they run into? So not a very smooth practiced burglar. IMO
Well as profiler Pat Brown suggests, this guy could be just a security guard wannabe or someone who is/was a security guard who gets a thrill out of breaking and entering to case/check out the church with burglary just a side thing as he wanders around. I think he is wearing gloves.

SteveS… are you suggesting someone added audio/sound effects? Maybe someone can check into that. It’s way above my pay grade.

SteveS… are you suggesting someone added audio/sound effects? Maybe someone can check into that. It’s way above my pay grade.

"Someone added"? Not intentionally, imo. I'm saying that if there's an iteration of the video that you think has sounds, the sound would not be coming from the video itself, but rather from the place it was being played. Background noise that originated inadvertently in the studio or the podcaster's venue, while the video is shown to an audience, that is not on the video itself.

Anyone can look at the video that was disseminated by LE. It was made public early on, and had no audio. How do YOU think sounds were later heard, when it was being aired here but not when it was aired there, and when they were never there before?

It's easy to understand, if you think about it.

I also think Pat Brown is right on.

Missy walked in on a psychopathic prowler/burglar who, mistakenly believing his only risk of exposure for the next hour or so was the camera system which he'd protected himself against - beat her to death with that hammer to prevent her escaping and calling for help. And then, suspecting Missy's arrival would soon be followed by the arrival of others, he left, leaving the weapons he'd been carrying in his gloved hands with Missy's body.

It was early Monday morning. If Creekside is like many churches, collections received during weekend services were likely in a safe on the property, to be taken out and counted by a team for deposit that morning. I don't know enough about that church and that time to be know whether there was to be anything else of significant value known by at least an assortment of people to be on premises at that time (but that should certainly be considered).

I'd suspect that the perpetrator attends services at that church (whether long term or only recently) and was involved or informed enough to be aware of the church's camera monitoring system (thus the complete cover of his disguise to reduce risk he'd be recognized) and lack of alarms at entry points (thus the breaking of windows at the back and the side entry door without concern that would bring LE).

What he did not seem to be aware of is the precise location of the safe (ETA: or whatever else valuable he was after), which likely accounts for the wandering around and opening of doors and attempting prying open of others. It could also account for a growing level of frustration which he took out on Missy when she interrupted him.

Last edited:
I also think Pat Brown is right on.

Missy walked in on a psychopathic prowler/burglar who, mistakenly believing his only risk of exposure for the next hour or so was the camera system which he'd protected himself against - beat her to death with that hammer to prevent her escaping and calling for help. And then, suspecting Missy's arrival would soon be followed by the arrival of others, he left, leaving the weapons he'd been carrying in his gloved hands with Missy's body.

It was early Monday morning. If Creekside is like many churches, collections received during weekend services were likely in a safe on the property, to be taken out and counted by a team for deposit that morning. I don't know enough about that church and that time to be know whether there was to be anything else of significant value known by at least an assortment of people to be on premises at that time (but that should certainly be considered).

I'd suspect that the perpetrator attends services at that church (whether long term or only recently) and was involved or informed enough to be aware of the church's camera monitoring system (thus the complete cover of his disguise to reduce risk he'd be recognized) and lack of alarms at entry points (thus the breaking of windows at the back and the side entry door without concern that would bring LE).

What he did not seem to be aware of is the precise location of the safe (ETA: or whatever else valuable he was after), which likely accounts for the wandering around and opening of doors and attempting prying open of others. It could also account for a growing level of frustration which he took out on Missy when she interrupted him.
But why wander around so casually? If they were looking for a safe or something, you'd think they would be looking/rummaging at a quick, efficient pace.

I’m starting to wonder if this person was also high out of their mind.

I suspect they where either drunk for liquid courage or was a pregnant woman with a condition that caused them to walk that way (o have a reason to think this specific way)

I speculate the person was checking the rooms to see where Missy was planning to set up, or would most likely be heading towards, and where best to ambush her.

I don’t think the perps vehicle not being seen was just a fluke, I think this was planned out well. They seemed to have a quick getaway when they left, too. How quickly was it between Missy being killed and being found? Sounds to me like they had a quick escape plan, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back