TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So my daughter took a woman's self-defense class at her university. One of the first things she learned was to claw/gouge the face of her attacker. Not just in self defense, but for DNA. If a perp versed in self defense knew this, they'd wear a helmet and scratch-proof clothes.

I just refreshed the page and there were no new posts. Is everyone okay!??!?! Where did everyone go for 30 seconds?

c0325c5a4e7f9a602a189957df4ce537.jpg

Just bringing some black and white footage forward. I think we can all at least agree- this is a close up of the perp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the resolution is low in the photo, but boy is that an effeminate, if not outright feminine, face (the portion visible, of course).

So my daughter took a woman's self-defense class at her university. One of the first things she learned was to claw/gouge the face of her attacker. Not just in self defense, but for DNA. If a perp versed in self defense knew this, they'd wear a helmet and scratch-proof clothes.

That is great info - to scratch not just for self-defence but for evidence.

And, I totally agree that the perp knew what to expect from Missy and dressed accordingly. I wonder if goggles were put on during the actual attack to prevent scratches in the eye area. Everything else was covered, padded, and protected.

jmo

Not sure if there's any meaning to it but KC is listed as a 'recently added' friend on this individual's Facebook

Yes I noticed that too, also MC. Also his wife is friends with Missy (and he apparently was but isn't any more).

All probably just another coincidence! It's a small town, there are bound to be loads of crossovers. I lived in a similar sized place, throw me any local name and there'll be a connection somewhere, especially if they're a similar age / demographic.

Yes, the first person to arrive (aka Camper#1) said she waited in the car until someone else arrived and they went into the building together

Welcome to the thread! As you have some connections with the locals, how do you think we're doing with the case?!

Hmm ok so the camper waited for about 30 minutes for someone else. That's too early to be waiting around when you could be getting precious sleep LOL. But honestly I find that to be somewhat weird. Not saying it has a connection to the case. But MB arrived at 4:20, the murder occured and the murderer left within 10 minutes...interesting.

I think you guys are doing good, much better than I was before I starting reading these threads :doh:

I know the resolution is low in the photo, but boy is that an effeminate, if not outright feminine, face (the portion visible, of course).

I just did the photo with a basic photo editing app. Wish I was more capable- but I am VERY certain others are and this person will be captured!

Wasn't there some verbiage about walkie talkies in one of the affidavits ? Why has it not been discussed?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Just a question. Say a phone was used to communicate back and forth during the murder? Perp 2 has the phone and Swatperp has that thing that goes around your neck with earbuds and it has a small mike built in? Would you need to use a phone network or could you use the church's wireless. If your phone was set to wireless only and you knew the code for the church's wireless, would this cause the phone to ping off towers?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I agree. I keep trying to see a male in those features and cannot (acknowledging my attempts are not scientific....just squinting at an image that I already think is female).

But then the tool handling looks male (not to be sexist, but going with the odds). I remain confused about the tools.

How is this perp holding up - I can't even imagine living with the guilt, scrutiny, shame.

jmo

First post.

And this is JMO...

What if the suspect took what appears to be Saran Wrap (assumption of what it is from what appears to be in the hands of suspect in the last frames of police released video) and they used that to either strangle or suffocate MB? Possibly even creating a knock-off Dexter (tv show) mannerism by wrapping her face and chest before stabbing to try and keep themselves clean. Then the wrap was removed and placed in one of the suspect's many pockets.

I'm unsettled by who it could possibly be as the culprit because they appear to be strangely calm and confident.

And what if the "creepy" message sender from LinkedIn was actually someone she was texting/talking to already and he wanted to see if she was like that with every man who contacted her or if the flirting was kept for him - like an outward action of jealousy and a way of spying without asking outright. Or maybe BB to see if she was flirting with anyone... I really don't want to say "affair" as it hasn't been confirmed in detail over who/what/when/where if it truly happened.

And financial woes...what if money had been going to pay a hit man and she wanted to know where the missing money was?

Again, all speculation and opinion.

And I hope I'm staying within the rules on this one, but MB has a picture on FB of a group in the church in front of the coffee bar...this is where the suspect pauses and looks up. I wonder if the suspect recognized the coffee bar from the pictures on her FB.

And, on suspects and POI - can't judge a person by FB or even their friends...why? One name: Ted Bundy. Everyone thought he was perfect, quiet, and nice, but we all know what he was really up to.

Hmm ok so the camper waited for about 30 minutes for someone else. That's too early to be waiting around when you could be getting precious sleep LOL. But honestly I find that to be somewhat weird. Not saying it has a connection to the case. But MB arrived at 4:20, the murder occured and the murderer left within 10 minutes...interesting.

I think you guys are doing good, much better than I was before I starting reading these threads :doh:

She said she arrived at 4:35, and I guess the next person probably arrived 10-15 mins later. I thought the early thing was slightly strange too, but I was assured lots of people like sitting in dark, desolate car parks playing candy crush and drinking coffee.

We don't know for sure how many campers entered the building at the same time and/or how many were present when Missy was actually found. We do know that two of them called 911 around 5am and one of them called BB on his cell phone.

I just wanted to say that I am crossing my fingers and toes and hoping so badly that her husband/father in law/ or any other family member was not involved in this.
As destroyed as the children already must be from this tragedy, I can not even imagine what it would do to them to discover it was their own dad/grandpa/other family member who was a part of it. :(

See, I really think this person looks male. but I can kind of see it in the eyes a little bit that it might be female.

Ok just got back after a day away and saw that the WS rotating headline changed to "Are police close to arresting a woman in the Missy Bevers case?"

Did something happen today? Did LE confirm that they believe the murderer is a woman? I haven't seen that in my news alerts. I'm going to go back and read the thread, but if someone could provide a brief catch up would be awesome. Thanks y'all!! :)

Some other thoughts. There was a timeline posted earlier stating one of the campers arrived at the church at 4:30ish but the call to police was made at 5 a.m.

Can anyone explain this?

They didn't go in immediately?

Ok just got back after a day away and saw that the WS rotating headline changed to "Are police close to arresting a woman in the Missy Bevers case?"

Did something happen today? Did LE confirm that they believe the murderer is a woman? I haven't seen that in my news alerts. I'm going to go back and read the thread, but if someone could provide a brief catch up would be awesome. Thanks y'all!! :)

No, no and no.
If we ask lstiff nicely hopefully she'll do her daily cliffnotes soon!

She said she arrived at 4:35, and I guess the next person probably arrived 10-15 mins later. I thought the early thing was slightly strange too, but I was assured lots of people like sitting in dark, desolate car parks playing candy crush and drinking coffee.

We don't know for sure how many campers entered the building at the same time and/or how many were present when Missy was actually found. We do know that two of them called 911 around 5am and one of them called BB on his cell phone.

I have not let go of the idea that the perp took off the SWAT gear after the murder, having worn work-out clothes underneath, and then blended with the campers.

jmopinion, ever changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members