TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the aftermath of the release of the search warrant affidavits it seemed like most of the media attention focused on three main areas:
1. Possible infidelity by Missy, Brandon or both. (A shout-out to Nancy Grace for noting that the affidavit did not necessarily conclude there was infidelity by BOTH. Something I had noticed as well.)
2. Financial difficulties in the marriage.
3. Whether or not smartphone video or stills were taken at the crime scene.

What was not given much attention was the following excerpt about the "creepy" LinkedIn communication:
"We have reasonable grounds to believe that the killer, who is still at large and poses an immediate danger to other human beings, communicated with the Decedent in this manner in the time period between April 14, 2016 and April 16, 2016."

Does this mean that if they can determine through the IP address and other data provided by LinkedIn who the real source of what appears to be a fake account holder possibly posing as a man, then this could lead to either naming a suspect -- or at least a strong #1 POI?

IMO it depends on what inferences can be made from LE stating, "reasonable grounds to believe that's the killer."

It's possible LE may already have that information, given the affidavits date back to the end of April and are simply building as strong a prosecution case as possible -- and determining whether there is one -- or multiple (i.e., a conspiracy) -- suspects.

In the aftermath of the release of the search warrant affidavits it seemed like most of the media attention focused on three main areas:
1. Possible infidelity by Missy, Brandon or both. (A shout-out to Nancy Grace for noting that the affidavit did not necessarily conclude there was infidelity by BOTH. Something I had noticed as well.)
2. Financial difficulties in the marriage.
3. Whether or not smartphone video or stills were taken at the crime scene.

What was not given much attention was the following excerpt about the "creepy" LinkedIn communication:
"We have reasonable grounds to believe that the killer, who is still at large and poses an immediate danger to other human beings, communicated with the Decedent in this manner in the time period between April 14, 2016 and April 16, 2016."

Does this mean that if they can determine through the IP address and other data provided by LinkedIn who the real source of what appears to be a fake account holder possibly posing as a man, then this could lead to either naming a suspect -- or at least a strong #1 POI?

IMO it depends on what inferences can be made from LE stating, "reasonable grounds to believe that's the killer."

It's possible LE may already have that information, given the affidavits date back to the end of April and are simply building as strong a prosecution case as possible -- and determining whether there is one -- or multiple (i.e., a conspiracy) -- suspects.

Yes, if they can find a connection via the Linked In data it could lead to a POI, a suspect, or possibly the killer. It also might turn out to be some random person who sends creepy messages to lots of people.

The way the search warrants have to be worded is causing a lot of misinterpretation and confusion in the last few days. I saw a post elsewhere where the person thought Missy had "flirtatious and familiar" conversation with every person listed in the cell phone warrant lol.

Yeah, me too. Because if a woman with children did this, her motive probably included protecting her children, right? But then she - what - left them unattended for 1-2 hours? All the other pieces seem to pretty much fit except that.
Easy. Maybe her husband was also gone off to work and she kept kid or kids sleeping. They'd still be asleep when she got back at 5 or 6 am I'm sure. Or maybe she goes to "gym" or jogging or whatever every morning at that time. Many ways she could leave without suspicion. Or maybe the perp works the nightshift somewhere and did this on way home.

Couldn't help but to chuckle as I read this;)

I've been there myself & my daughter ( turning 11 in July ) who will test for her black belt in a few months ( her martial arts school requires a one year waiting period after her Red Stripe ) is going through this now. Some boys aren't sure WHAT to do with her, and some will just start right in on her!

In any case, self defense classes are an awesome opportunity for ANYONE should they have the opportunity!
Our Martial Arts school offers them & our Professor, also an 8th degree Master Instructor, is a local Sheriff.
Anyway, he offers a lot of information that could save lives. Many mothers and daughters that show up to the WOMENS self defense classes when they are offered. ( Yep, it IS only " womens " classes that are offered )
Being only 5 ft and little over 100 pounds (years ago), I trained for full contact karate and I was trained by men, some who were reluctant to attack full on and some pulled no punches (or kicks) just because I was female. I also was trained in self-defense. The training was repetitious so that it was an instantaneous response, no hesitation, also repetition of drills for accuracy and to overcome the fear of hurting someone. I was fortunate because the training included situational street fighting which is completely different than tournaments. Having said this, I can tell you that the element of surprise, no matter the skills, strength and determination gives the attacker a huge advantage. Though the person in the security video looks awkward in gait, overweight (or padded for disguise or protection), they are armed and well covered, Missy would have had few striking zones that would have been effective. The throat? She would have had to be in too close and this person was armed with a weapon. The knee? For a frontal attack, this was drilled into me, it takes little pressure to break a knee and brings the attacker down (same for the groin).
I agree with you 100% that it is worthwhile for women to take self-defense classes and be aware.
A few things can be learned from this horrible crime and possibly save someone's life. Take no chances with your safety. Drive around the building and if you are alone, wait for someone to enter a building or any area with you. Never assume a parked vehicle is empty (probably not important in Missy's case but worth mentioning).
Thank you for making that post. :goodpost:

Yes, if they can find a connection via the Linked In data it could lead to a POI, a suspect, or possibly the killer. It also might turn out to be some random person who sends creepy messages to lots of people.
Perhaps.
But I am reminded of what Breck80 said -- one of my favorite WS commenters on this case, for her insider local knowledge and perceptive observations.
The 'creepy message' TIMING is most suspect to me. She might have flirted with CW, but IMO that's all it was. Just messaging. I rule him out, but that's JMO.

So....Missy used LinkedIn with her business associates & networking. She has over 500 friends on there. Once again, only someone tied to her professionally or through the fitness world would know that most likely. If they wanted to scare her they could message on FB or elsewhere. They CHOSE LinkedIn to creep her out. It was significant enough that LE didn't dismiss it among the 100s of things friends probably told them during this investigation. They didn't tell us the content of that message, yet they found it significant enough to add in the warrant. They even mentioned it again on another page & their point was loud and clear.

My original line of thinking on this crime was that it was a male, and an interrupted robbery. I've never bought into the idea that this was something BB or RB were in on.

With the release of the second letter from MIL, this really throws out any possibility for the hit man scenario, at least in my mind, along with the robbery gone bad idea.

At this point, I am mostly on board with the theory most locals seem to have (CT). The only thing(s) preventing me from being completely on board is 1- understanding how she got out of the house without AT knowing (because I don't believe he's behind this), and 2- understanding how she could leave 4 kids at home alone in the middle of the night! [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone please tell me why "the locals think CT did this?" Do they have firsthand knowledge of some behavior she exhibited or something regarding Missy? LE says Missy was messing around with CW so it seems he or his wife would have way more motive. Is there any evidence that AT and MB had anything going on? To want someone dead and in such a brutal way and to risk going to jail and losing your kids, there must have been some extreme reason to hate the person not just petty jealousy because she works with her husband is not nearly enough. What motive would CT have? The perps body type, height 5'8, big thighs that look "fat" but I'm sure are just muscle, and the vest and clothing and timing of it all, brutality of crime, put me in mind of 2 different males both of whom fit all of the above mentioned features to a T. In addition, all of these muscle building steroids these guys take make them extremely (often violently) aggressive and strong. It's a huge problem in football too, with all of the domestic abuse that's going on. That stuff turns decent people with everything to lose into monsters. Anyone who takes it will tell you.

That is so dangerous on so many levels.

Be prepared. Meaning, be aware.

You should always, always, let someone know the second you are leaving. Maybe even stay on the phone with someone until getting into your vehicle and locking it right away. BEFORE you even walk out the door though, you need to be sure your parking lot is well lit, you can SEE your vehicle, ( all around it & it should be close to your building if you're walking out alone ) there is even a certain way to hold your keys as you walk to your vehicle. Take note, anyone around? Anyone following you as you drive off?
Never drive home the same way repeatedly, especially if you live alone.
I'll stop rambling now. You get my point:D
This story now makes me hate my part time job. I don't mind having to open alone, as the business next door is always open by then (its a restaurant). The scary part is they make us close alone, and we are all young females, and often times the restaurant is closed.

Did you guys notice LE wanted the phone logs back from March 1. I wonder why March 1. Something must have gone down or started then and they must know more than we think. Hopefully that's a promising sign of a resolution soon.

Any phone who the user chooses not to upload, only things I want to get backed up to the cloud do, it is all in settings.

Off topic, BUT: this is naive. Where do you think the magical cloud exists? Where do you think your photos are stored?

I'm so confused by this case now and I don't think it helped that I skipped some pages.. Is there anything new to be discussed? Somebody mentioned that a similar attire could be purchased from AliExpress. Items take on average 30 days to arrive from that particular site. The person in the footae to me appears Caucasian and right-handed

Do we have footage of Missy getting to the church or any other footage of the suspect?

I am going to take this in a different direction right now. Remember in the begining when the dry cleaners called the police over the shirt Randy Bevers brought in that had blood stains on it? He told them it was blood stains from a dog fight his dog was in. Remember that scenario?

The discussion was only about one ladies Laura Scott XXL blouse with blood stains on it. Well in an. Interview Brandon and Randy did that I saw on YouTube yesterday and got up to rewatch with a fresh mind, Randy INSISTS there are two shirts with blood stains that he took to the dry cleaners at the same time. Wow, do the reporters floor him as they jump on him about TWO shirts and Where is the other one? Randy gets a bit flustered.

Oops, did Randy just slip make a royal slip up? Watch this at https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANy...LOMcLtlSMWuI8s3CFtY5xVBxTtanxsg&v=ICfVJ4yIHcs

Dénouement;12535726 said:
I'm so confused by this case now and I don't think it helped that I skipped some pages.. Is there anything new to be discussed? Somebody mentioned that a similar attire could be purchased from AliExpress. Items take on average 30 days to arrive from that particular site. The person in the footae to me appears Caucasian and right-handed

Do we have footage of Missy getting to the church or any other footage of the suspect?
. No there is absolutely nothing new. Just lots of antsy websleuths with hyperactive imaginations, like me.
But NO. nothing changed. Not one thing.

I think her hairline is just naturally like that. I saw a pic of her wedding and her hairline seemed to be the same.

I hope this isn't interpreted as an insult towards her looks. Just commenting on what I saw. Personally I think she looks toned, not overly muscular. Not that I'm an expert on exercise/weight lifting, but I wouldn't think you would need steroids to accomplish that

Agreed. The steroid conversation would be more relevant if we were talking about one of the suspects, not the victim.

Agreed. The steroid conversation would be more relevant if we were talking about one of the suspects, not the victim.
Yes. Even sexist discussion of how she is spending time away from her kid and husband. Good grief.
Which mama is sitting on websleuths 24-7 and thinks missy is a bad one for taking control of her physical life experience?

I wonder how his perp knew there'd be no working cameras at the entrance he came into. Sounds like someone very familiar with that particular church. Did other suspects either coach there or train there ever or attend services? What church was BB an AV (audio visual) volunteer at, anyone know?

That is so dangerous on so many levels.

Be prepared. Meaning, be aware.

You should always, always, let someone know the second you are leaving. Maybe even stay on the phone with someone until getting into your vehicle and locking it right away. BEFORE you even walk out the door though, you need to be sure your parking lot is well lit, you can SEE your vehicle, ( all around it & it should be close to your building if you're walking out alone ) there is even a certain way to hold your keys as you walk to your vehicle. Take note, anyone around? Anyone following you as you drive off?
Never drive home the same way repeatedly, especially if you live alone.
I'll stop rambling now. You get my point:D

Agreed. These places are just sitting ducks for all kinds of criminals and predators. Leave it to big males that are packing heat. Find something safer. It's just a matter of time before every business gets hit at closing. Most way more than once.

I wonder how his perp knew there'd be no working cameras at the entrance he came into. Sounds like someone very familiar with that particular church. Did other suspects either coach there or train there ever or attend services? What church was BB an AV (audio visual) volunteer at, anyone know?
His home church. Cowboy Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member