TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to an affidavit, Missy was exchanging messages with another man on LinkedIn, a business/resume social network, starting in January. Police said the messages were “flirtatious and familiar” in nature. Police also told FOX 4 the man messaging Missy has cooperated with investigators and was not and is not considered a suspect or a person of interest.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/137370703-story

Less than three days before Missy was murdered, she showed a friend another LinkedIn message from a man neither knew. The message was described as “creepy and strange” in the affidavit.

A different person than Familiar and intimate man

I am leaning towards the financial problems, as spoken of in the SW, as the reason for not being at the gym for two weeks. That would have put back to the first of the month. Gym dues were probably due. Maybe she was already behind and did not want to keep running up a bill. JMO

I had the very same thought. Her demeanor may have been one of financial worries and/or embarrassment.

According to an affidavit, Missy was exchanging messages with another man on LinkedIn, a business/resume social network, starting in January. Police said the messages were “flirtatious and familiar” in nature. Police also told FOX 4 the man messaging Missy has cooperated with investigators and was not and is not considered a suspect or a person of interest.

From the same article 'flirtatious and familiar' man is a different man than 'creepy and strange' man, which there's nothing in the article that Mr Creepy and Strange has been IDed, let alone cleared:
Less than three days before Missy was murdered, she showed a friend another LinkedIn message from a man neither knew. The message was described as “creepy and strange” in the affidavit.

It also subscribes one to the current thread.

Posters can subscribe to a thread without posting at all by clicking on the "Thread Tools" drop-down box at the top of the page, and choosing "subscribe to thread."

(Just a tip for newbies, if they don't want to risk annoying some who get irritated by the "marking" posts in the thread. Personally doesn't bother me to scroll past.)

It also subscribes one to the current thread.

But you don't have to post something in order to subscribe, right? You just go to the thread tools and click "subscribe to this thread". I'm new but having to post a reply in order to subscribe seems like not the best way to go about it.

EDIT: Never mind - someone beat me to it.

TY so much for this. again,apologies for my mistake.

I am leaning towards the financial problems, as spoken of in the SW, as the reason for not being at the gym for two weeks. That would have put back to the first of the month. Gym dues were probably due. Maybe she was already behind and did not want to keep running up a bill. JMO
I was thinking the same thing. Marital and financial troubles come and go in life, but my take on LE comments in the SW is that MB/BB were quite currently having marriage and financial problems. Arguing by text about what to cut back on may have led MB to quit the gym since she was doing more CG workouts anyway. I get tired just thinking about MB's busy schedule.

Random Thoughts and Observations (personal opinion as usual) NG transcript of last night

[20:20:06]When you do the cell phone tower dump, not only do you get the phone numbers of the phones that were attached to that cell tower, you also*get the serial number. The serial number can be traced back directly to the store where it was sold. (very interesting to know. In a good way!)

Nancy, behind me is the gym that Missy Bevers worked out at nearly every day for three years before her*murder. And the gym manager tells us that two weeks prior to the murder, Missy really hadn`t been there at all, and she wasn`t acting like herself.*

Bbm: Missy HAD been to the gym at least once during her final two weeks. The use of the word “really” negates the phrase “hadn't been there at all” for me. OR his comment could be understood to mean that he saw her outside of the gym during that same two-week period in order for him to know she was more reserved during that time period.

MIL's statement about Camp Gladiator taking MB's life: could mean that she was killed whileworking there, not necessarily that someone with CG killed her. But, I don't know what she meant, just telling my thought.

Does one pay for a gym membership weekly? Or monthly?

Not a very active person here:blushing:

I was thinking the same thing. Marital and financial troubles come and go in life, but my take on LE comments in the SW is that MB/BB were quite currently having marriage and financial problems. Arguing by text about what to cut back on may have led MB to quit the gym since she was doing more CG workouts anyway. I get tired just thinking about MB's busy schedule.

But surely BB would know if finances were the reason she stopped going...?

ETA: and I would think as the manager, Marc would know this as well!

I think the testing is a lot more difficult than people are assuming. The receipt says that they attempted to treat the stain before bringing it to the drycleaners. It might have just been rinsed, hydrogen peroxide, a stain stick might have been used, etc. I don't think it was just a shirt covered in fresh blood that could easily be stuck under a microscope.
I have wondered if animal blood could have been covering human blood, that the shirt contained both, to obscure the chance that her blood could be identified. Of course it would be easier to just dispose of the shirt!

Random Thoughts and Observations (personal opinion as usual) NG transcript of last night

MIL's statement about Camp Gladiator taking MB's life: could mean that she was killed whileworking there, not necessarily that someone with CG killed her. But, I don't know what she meant, just telling my thought.

I took her statement to mean that the murder was made possible by the fact that MB was at that place alone at 4 in the morning. If not for CG, she wouldn't have been in that setting and the killer wouldn't have had opportunity.

I want to add my experience when it comes to "burner phones".

I purchased this T-Mobile kit from a local Walmart. When checking out, I paid cash and there was no ID required.

I activated the SIM card online using the WiFi capabilities of my phone. I could have done this step from anywhere with a WiFi hotspot (McDonalds, Starbucks, etc). No ID was required, no phone calls needed. I add credit to the account each month with prepaid cards. They are available in a number of retail establishments.

There is no way to connect me with that SIM card unless they have the video of me purchasing the starter kit at Walmart.

LE may be able to determine where the phone originated from the IMEI, but if I bought it off Craigslist for cash, that would probably be impossible.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think the testing is a lot more difficult than people are assuming. The receipt says that they attempted to treat the stain before bringing it to the drycleaners. It might have just been rinsed, hydrogen peroxide, a stain stick might have been used, etc. I don't think it was just a shirt covered in fresh blood that could easily be stuck under a microscope.

Does one pay for a gym membership weekly? Or monthly?

Not a very active person here:blushing:

It's is usually automatically deducted from your bank account. But I believe Missy was also a personal trainer there so her membership fees may have been waived.

Below is the transcript, I see lots of suggestion about a disposable but I don't see it as fact. bbm

And are police trying to track at this hour a disposable phone

used by the killer?

The cops are sifting through right

now, trying to track what we believe is a disposable cell phone that the killer may have been using.

Another stunning development tonight, police now tracking what we believe to be a disposable phone.

Tonight, we learn that police are trying to track, according to sources, a disposable phone.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1605/11/ng.01.html

I took her statement to mean that the murder was made possible by the fact that MB was at that place alone at 4 in the morning. If not for CG, she wouldn't have been in that setting and the killer wouldn't have had opportunity.

However that would only really work if she thought it wasn't targeted but instead was something like an interrupted burglary, but she's been saying it was targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*