TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it was a thrill killing involving a few of which one participant knew Missy but only chose her because of opportunity?

That's not what I wrote. It was not a random thrill-kill. The planning and methodology proves that. It was definitely opportunity. (Note: in my opinion)

I wonder if LE doesn't already have gear, if it wasn't left behind or out back in place at some gym, or in some dumpster or someone's trash, etc. We haven't heard anything about any local searches of waterways, woods or vehicles. Even if they didn't make SWs public, media would be all over it. You're right about it most likely being covered in blood.

Someone on here had said they were searching the fields by the church early on, but I don't know how accurate that is and to what extent they did search the fields if accurate.

My husband and I text each other every day to let one another know we are thinking of each other as we go about our day. Neither one of us have ever cheated. We've been together for close to 20 years. We are devoted to one another. However, there are often times that we will be talking about something and he will say to me, "How old are you again? 38 or 39?" It's not a big deal to me- it's just the way he is. I imagine that if he were ever (God Forbid) in the same situation that BB is in, with cameras thrust in his face and reporters throwing questions at him, he'd have a similar reaction.
I constantly forget my *own* age. I dont think it means anything, especially past a certain age.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

It was dark and raining, they likely only got footage of a vehicle's lights pulling in and turning off. There's really no where else to park but the church, if you look at googlemaps. Could have been behind the church, or in the northern parking overflow, where it probably could have been hidden by trees from the entrance/Missy's route. Plus it was dark when she arrived.

I looked but cannot locate the post made in one of these threads regarding indicators of deception. Whoever that was, please chime in.

I read several articles on the subject as it applies to forensic psychology since then, and now I have a book on order. What I've learned is that at best, detecting deception through speech patterns and body language is a pretty inexact science. But - I did come away with some interesting tidbits. Several of the stand-out deception "tells" include:

Crossed arms
Touching or covering the mouth with fingers or hands
Touching the nose
Repeating phrases (such as "I didn't... I didn't...")
Giving too much detail when answering a question
Covering eyes (either with hands, hair, clothing, glasses, or tilting head down with hat brims, etc)
Attempting to minimize involvement (such as "but it doesn't mean anything")

I picked five random video interviews that have appeared in the media regarding this case. Pick five yourself and watch each one twice - the first time listen to the words, then the second time watch for (and count) the body language "tells". If you're anything like me, you might find it pretty darned interesting. To be honest, I don't know how much stock I'd put in this particular area of study, myself. But some of you might find it fascinating. I certainly did!

Sorry if this is a repeat for some, but I posted it days ago on another thread and never got to read replies. Threads move so fast.
I noticed that one of the people on original SW list shaved his head a few days before crime, (common amongst criminals about to commit personal crimes like rape, murder, etc) he also has gear like in pics and knows how to fight and defend himself. I wonder if this is some guy who tried to hook up with Missy in Austin and when she rejected him he snapped. There could be many reasons but I just thought it was interesting the head was shaved right before murder or at least it seems that way from all pics and dates I've seen.
I think I know who you're referring to, and he frequently shaves his head. He sometimes has a beard or goatee, too. No disrespect to you when I say this, but I do not think you can equate ones hairstyle with their propensity to commit rape/murder....especially in this situation.

It's Sunday tomorrow; God's day as my mother used to tell us as she opened curtains, banged on doors, before we headed to Sunday school. Those who have so decided this is CT and AJ, please search your mind for facts not assumption. If it is not AJ and CT know one thing: good folk have been destroyed through idle tongues. They have children. That breaks my heart beyond compare. It's absolutely vital they've reduced their social media footprint. <modsnip> And folk here are skipping on eggshells as to whether or not we may "prematurely" tag this (unnamed) murderer a psychopath?

Oh my. My heart is very, very heavy.

Respectfully PSA, I have no idea what you mean by "skipping on eggshells"? I haven't seen anyone happy or excited about any part of the discussion in this case. As someone who has been on these threads since the beginning, I have mostly seen WSers who don't want it to be CT because they know that she & AJ have 4 kids at home. So I guess I'm just really confused as to what you mean. :confused:

And, as a mom--I'm really happy that they reduced their social media footprint. Many here said that the key players in this case needed to do so a long time ago. IMO, In general, it's safer for children if their parents don't have public FB's with their pictures available to any stranger that happens upon it.

I've kinda stopped posting because IDK who murdered this mother of three BUT I do know that since day one I've felt that BB wasn't involved. But, many people chose to tear him apart with what he should have done/shouldn't have done/should have said and respectfully---I didn't see anyone come to his defense so strongly. Why is that?

I mean all of this respectfully PSA, I love your posts here. I'd just really like to know where you're coming from. Because as much as I agree that no one needs to outright accuse ANYONE in this case at this moment--I don't see why this is so one-sided for CT and AJ. Even though, honestly--I am not so sure of their guilt myself.

It was dark and raining, they likely only got footage of a vehicle's lights pulling in and turning off. There's really no where else to park but the church, if you look at googlemaps. Could have been behind the church, or in the northern parking overflow, where it probably could have been hidden by trees from the entrance/Missy's route. Plus it was dark when she arrived.

Yes, true. Although I am going on what was said, not what may have been likely. LE said, more or less "parked off in the distance". If hidden among trees, which are far away, the CCTV may not have picked it up from inside CofC. If parked off in the distance in the time psychopath perp was wandering around CofC, and may have remained there during the crime and/or nearby in later investigation JMHO

Someone on here had said they were searching the fields by the church early on, but I don't know how accurate that is and to what extent they did search the fields if accurate.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/creekside-churchs-exterior-cameras-off-day-of-midlothian-murder/ "...One federal agency confirmed Wednesday night they’re assisting in the case. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) local bomb sniffing dog “Titan” and his Agent have searched the building and grounds of the church. Some clues “Titan” could hit on are cast off gun casings and gun residue. Officials didn’t say whether or not the dog provided any breaks in the case. ..."

Respectfully PSA, I have no idea what you mean by "skipping on eggshells"? .

Edited for brevity by me and BBM:

Great post and I concur with everything you wrote! I meant skipping on eggshells with regard to SwatPerp being labelled a psychopath (admit by me;regularly).

i think the perp already owned the gear or had access to it from some gym or training facility. They should check to see if any have been stolen recently. Or maybe old boys networks are in protection mode.

OR they may have bought it at a place like a thrift store. I have seen items at local thrift stores that I thought "someone could buy that and impersonate ....." It is a little scary

17 strikes with a hammer and a staged burglary was done by someone who never met Teresa Sievers at the alleged behest of her husband, which MB may have even received the same amount of blows from the same type of instrument also in a staged burglary
. Or the perp saw this in the news and thought: 'Great idea, I'll kill her and frame it on some hit man hired by husband she's having issues with.'

You wrote --->-I don't see why this is so one-sided for CT and AJ. And this (agree) ---> Even though, honestly--I am not so sure of their guilt myself.

I have read every page here. Every page. Ditto all threads. I did skip pages on repeat subjects. Majority discuss CT and AJ.

My heart is breaking for that family and my only message is that I so trust those that have condemned/decided this crime CT and AJ basis zero info from LE other than a name on a SW and some trash being collected. No-one knows if others on SW had their trash removed, but weren't seen by anyone.

any footage of him walking with a strange gait?

A poster on here earlier posted they did see one. Also, another poster said she knows a lot of fighters and they all stand like that. I guess it gives them balance when they are crouching low to fight opponents.

To me this murderer is a psychopath. The crime and the plot screams a deadly, brutal end along with fear and control; a control so large and scary the perp is dressed to terrify in combat-level SWAT gear. The notion Missy knew her killer compounds my opinion. That SWAT gear was also designed to protect the murderer as much as it was to disguise the perp and remove DNA (in his/her mind). That perp still does not expect to get caught (though is trembling now, I'd guess) This is deadly planning. It's not a "flipped switch" or a "crime of passion". There are plenty other ways to murder, if that's the case. This may have been planned for months, as I expect. By a few. It took, IMO, one lethal mindset to set the ball in motion and help was a necessity.

The 'flipped switch' that I was taking about was only in reference to returning to normal life after the crime. It has no bearing at all on how much time was or was not invested into the planning of it. And with respect to a someone feeling like they need to defend their family unit, I think those feelings have been building in the perp for quite some time. So while this was a passionate crime in that intense feelings were involved, I certainly do not believe it was a 'crime of passion' in the sense that it was due to sudden rage with no premeditation. I think it has been planned for a while, and I definitely think the Swat gear was for protection, disguise (both so MB was caught off guard and to be unidentifiable on camera) and containment of DNA.

If it was raining as several of you have mentioned, then wouldn't there have been water tracked into the church, footprints? Did they not find any? I don't remember reading
about any either way. MOO

The 'flipped switch' that I was taking about was only in reference to returning to normal life after the crime. It has no bearing at all on how much time was or was not invested into the planning of it. And with respect to a someone feeling like they need to defend their family unit, I think those feelings have been building in the perp for quite some time. So while this was a passionate crime in that intense feelings were involved, I certainly do not believe it was a 'crime of passion' in the sense that it was due to sudden rage with no premeditation. I think it has been planned for a while, and I definitely think the Swat gear was for protection, disguise (both so MB was caught off guard and to be unidentifiable on camera) and containment of DNA.

Sure, agree. Definitely not a crime of passion. Thanks!

I constantly forget my *own* age. I dont think it means anything, especially past a certain age.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Me, too. Although DH was several years younger than me when we married, he's now older than me.

:eek:ddsmiley:

Yes, true. Although I am going on what was said, not what may have been likely. LE said, more or less "parked off in the distance". If hidden among trees, which are far away, the CCTV may not have picked it up from inside CofC. If parked off in the distance in the time psychopath perp was wandering around CofC, and may have remained there during the crime and/or nearby in later investigation JMHO

I think, if you do a bit more investigation, you'll learn that you're misinterpreting what was meant by "parked off in the distance." IIUC the distance, that you are hearing about, is not distance from the church, but rather distance from the camera that took the picture of the vehicle. That camera was not a church-based camera, but rather those at the closest business, which I believe was the SWFA Outdoors business on the other side of 287 and about 1/4 mile SE of the church. Any glimpse provided by cameras that far away would, of course, have had anything at the church "in the distance," and the perp could have parked front and center at all times and luckily (for him/her) been too indistinguishable to make out person or vehicle. I'm guessing it showed the headlights of a vehicle turning into the parking lot at some point, and little more given the distance and the rain.

Edited for brevity by me and BBM:

Great post and I concur with everything you wrote! I meant skipping on eggshells with regard to SwatPerp being labelled a psychopath (admit by me;regularly).

I'm glad we agree on those points PSA. :) I do love your posts here and always looking forward to hearing what you have to say. So, I appreciate you discussing this with me.

So now I have to ask......

WHY can't SwatPerp be labeled a psychopath? I think it's only human nature to assume that someone who would kill a mother in a church at 4:20 in the morning IS a total flippin' psychopath? I'm not happy about the fact that I believe this person to be unstable, unpredictable and a total maniac. I'd rather SwatPerp just not exist so Missy could be safe at home with her family. I'm definitely not skipping on eggshells about it...I'll tell you that!

This isn't a good person here. There is no reason to make sure we are politically correct in how we address this person. :notgood:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1