TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interior just means inside. So she was inside the building, in the SW corner.

Correct. In the SW CORNER as in if you break the building into 4 corners, NE, NW, SE, SW somewhere in that SW area of the building. JMHO from reading the Search warrants and her movement per Chief Smith, Asst Chief Johnson, and Captain Spann. Exact spot is not know to us. (public)

I just can't shake the feeling that due to all the LE Agencies involved, somehow a LE type is involved with this murder. And IMO this points to contract killing of some sort.

I think in the case of complicated alibis, they're more difficult to verify. Obviously the more complicated the alibi, the more work to verify each detail.

It may very well be that both BB and RB have rock solid alibis and they are completely innocent. But even us lay people have to admit they're both pretty complicated. Nailing them down involves verification of domestic air travel, lodging reservations/check-ins/outs, charter outfitters, restaurant and club eyewitnesses, receipts, car rental agencies, mileage tracking, cell phone activity, cell phone inactivity, browser and social media history, on and on, over four states. That will take time.

Personally, I'm always very suspicious of a complicated alibi. The thing that I find so curious about BB's alibi in particular, is how much effort he has put into it. More than just "out of town" during the crime, he actively reinforces details of the alibi. Before his trip, he used social media to post travel plans, anticipation, weather problems, and flight delays. When he finally left, he posted more on delays arrival times. He later posted details of his activities while there - restaurant, etc. When he returned to Midlothian, he talked to media about the phone calls he placed to his wife from Mississippi, about charter boat plans, about his drive and arrival back to Midlothian - each detailing exact times. He continues in nearly every single interview to casually throw out these kinds of details whether he's been asked or not. He makes sure to stress his rental car had "Mississippi plates", note the time and location he received the news, how law enforcement has "everything" (airline tickets, receipts, etc). He has hinted at his poor health - another possible facet of an alibi. He hasn't talked much but when he does, most of it seems to be laying out and reinforcing a timeline and location that would be inconsistent with his involvement. He really wants to make sure people are aware of his whereabouts. Not a sign of guilt, necessarily. Just something I've found curious.
Alot of protesting and explaining. I agree.

Detectives will be looking at all surveillance videos on the main road(s) leading from town to the church. They will be looking to see if any vehicle on video matches any vehicle owned by people named in the search warrants. At least two alibis would be destroyed if a matching vehicle is seen on surveillance.

This is a circumstantial case, as far as I know - no DNA, no ballistics match, no fingerprints, etc. In a circumstantial case, detectives have to pile up as much evidence as they can, in the hopes the district attorney will agree to take it to a grand jury. This is why they will look at every piece of surveillance video they can get their hands on. But you already know this.

BBM. Sorry for being nitpicky but everything in the bold is circumstantial evidence too.

Originally Posted by txmommy View Post
I'm obviously not Boots but wanted to chime in on this if that's ok.

Locally, we've heard from around Day 1 or 2 that she was shot in addition to being bludgeoned with the hammer. I believe there was even a local news reporter who said that on live TV in the first few days but we haven't heard that again. When you add in the fact that they brought in a dog to sniff for gun powder/bomb residue and the obscure FOX news article, I do wonder if there is some truth to this but LE is keeping it under wraps for strategic reasons.

However, and I hate to even type this, but a fellow local today told me that the damage to her was so extensive that the people who found her initially concluded she had been shot, but in fact she hadn't....

Again, we really have NO facts to go on. That's why I've been a little quiet the last few days. We really don't have a lot of facts and I feel like we're all going around in circles.

If she was punctured over and over and over, it's no wonder they weren't initially sure if she was shot or not. Hence the need for the dogs. It seems to me that, since the only reports now coming out are that she suffered bludgeoning and puncturing, that she was likely NOT shot.

By time dogs got there Autopsy was already done. JMHO, the Medical Examiner would know the difference.. gunshot vs punctured looking like gunshot. I personally dont know just going by Facts that we know

Mon April 18 MB Murdered

Tues April 19 Autopsy completed : " Missy Bevers’ autopsy was completed by the Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office Tuesday morning. Midlothian police said they are not ready to make that report public." http://www.fox4news.com/news/126278594-story

Wed April 20 ATF used dog "The ATF, Texas Rangers and Midlothian police returned to the church Wednesday afternoon where the ATF used a dog to search the interior and exterior of the church for gunshot residue or other explosive powders." http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fe...nstructor-Murder-Investigation-376441291.html

Originally Posted by rotary_dial
Which is why it is always wise to never answer questions that LE asks. Even if you're telling the truth to the best of your recollection, they can twist whatever you say to suit their purposes. Always answer "I'd like to advise with my lawyer before answering any questions."

I can't understand why everyone involved in this case didn't seek council the first time LE questioned them. Especially the family members. I'm sure most people know by now that the people closest to the victim are under severe scrutiny right away.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry my friend. If your wife or family member was killed and LE ask you your whereabouts. Then you should have the right answer. Right then and there. Even if you was snorting drugs in a strip club at the time. You should always answer their original questions in a situation like this if you are not guilty.

I rather say that I was robbing a bank at the time but no way I was there for murder. Jmo

Jmo

Dexter, please, if you are ever in this situation, and even if completely innocent, get a lawyer prior to talking to LE. Even LE will tell you (if you know or are friendly terms with one) that this is how the system BEST works, and it can prevent wrongful conviction (which serves no good purpose to anyone).

I speak from a friend's personal experience when I say that one's innocence in the matter will not necessarily protect your words from being used against you in court by an experienced, wily lawyer bent on a conviction at all costs.

Correct. In the SW CORNER as in if you break the building into 4 corners, NE, NW, SE, SW somewhere in that SW area of the building. JMHO from reading the Search warrants and her movement per Chief Smith, Asst Chief Johnson, and Captain Spann. Exact spot is not know to us. (public)

I may be incorrect, I'm just speculating, but the SW corner to me may be the SW corner "inside" the sanctuary (this could be also described as the SW corner of the building). Video of the southwest corner (camera looking down Dutch door hall) is in existence and if she had gone or been forced to go in that corner, LE would have seen that on video. I think she goes into the sanctuary and we never see her again. God be with her. Justice is coming MB.

The fact that the guy that found her was a first responder and did CPR on her for a while would also lead me to believe there were vestiges of life remaining.

What? Where is it reported she was found by a first responder?

Nancy Grace reporting BB alibi is rock solid according to LE. Take this for what it's worth...And I have to confess that I don't believe that at this point LE has a clue who the perp is, unfortunately. I would wager they don't even have a suspect at this time.

The fact that the guy that found her was a first responder and did CPR on her for a while would also lead me to believe there were vestiges of life remaining.

Do we know if Missy was taken to hospital or was she pronounced dead at the scene? I'm pretty sure if someone shows ANY signs of life they have to go to hospital by law. If she wasn't, that means she was very obviously dead (despite still being warm, sorry) and not able to be resuscitated. There's a proper word for it but it's past 1am and I'm sleepy.

Do we know if Missy was taken to hospital or was she pronounced dead at the scene? I'm pretty sure if someone shows ANY signs of life they have to go to hospital by law. If she wasn't, that means she was very obviously dead (despite still being warm, sorry) and not able to be resuscitated. There's a proper word for it but it's past 1am and I'm sleepy.

This is a great point!!!

The outdoor cameras at the church didn't deploy. But LE got pics of both perp and MB coming, so presumably (or did they say this?) it was from the closest business, SWFA Outdoors, about 1/4 mile SE across the hwy. But the info they have shared about those pics is very limited, and a view shows why.

This is what the church looks like from the front door of Outdoors business.

attachment.php

This is in daytime, and you can see how many trees obscure the view. You can see an obstructed view of one side, but little of another, and absolutely none on the N side. When a vehicle passes going either way, for a bit of time you can make out nothing. Of course when the murder occurred, it was dark and raining too. And the security cams here would be trained on this site, not the church, so any view is peripheral rather than intended and focused. It's no wonder they have no details on the perp vehicle, and are hazy about exactly where it was parked and when it may have left.

Attachments

• 20160515_194321 - Copy.jpg
    20160515_194321 - Copy.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20160515_194321 - Copy.jpg
    20160515_194321 - Copy.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 378
Nancy Grace reporting MB was completely visible to first responders when they arrived. She was easily spotted, in plain sight and not hidden anywhere. There goes my "in the sanctuary" theory. This, however, makes me wonder how they don't have this on video if it was in the SW corner. My noodle can't keep up with all this or LE is fibbing....

I may be incorrect, I'm just speculating, but the SW corner to me may be the SW corner "inside" the sanctuary (this could be also described as the SW corner of the building). Video of the southwest corner (camera looking down Dutch door hall) is in existence and if she had gone or been forced to go in that corner, LE would have seen that on video. I think she goes into the sanctuary and we never see her again. God be with her. Justice is coming MB.

JMHO, but the SW Corner of the church could be any area in the SW Corner, not just the Sanctuary/Auditorium. Plus going by the SW for MB iPhone& iPad, it also states she was walking in suspect location. The Press Conf from April18, the Chief of MPD and Captain of CID state she was seen walking...and then the motion activated camera didnt pick up the motion. JMHO from what I reading, was in an area where if the camera had picked up the motion more would have been captured on video. Did the Suspect do something to that camera then lay in wait for her? I see it very possible even probable but that jmho There is a hallway to the right, just prior to the Main Entrance... this area is off to the side just prior to the door Suspect opens in the Time Stamped video ... there also are glass top tables in that area... unsure where the glass could have came from if it was inside the Sanctuary. JMHO creekside perp timestamp 1.jpg

SW for iPhone & iPad
page 6/8
At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building
through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward where the suspects location
. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the
building

From Press Conf April 18 by Chief Smith "When officers arrived medics were attending an unresponsive female, Officers noted a lot of glass on floor as well as the female"

and Captain Spann

Captain Spann: " the video that were are going to release is of the Suspect, there is no video of the assault that took place , there is video of Ms Bevers as she first entered the church but don't believe that's with video being released right now, out of respect for the family"

Female Reporter: asks if they know if it was fairly quick

Spann: " pretty quick after she got there again timeline boot camp members arriving Again we know the time when she entered the church which i believe is, around 418 again -approx time - then we see her walking down main hallway in the vicinity where we located her. but once she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion and the camera turns off -so we have no video of the assault taking place."

]Male Reporter : did suspect stay around

Spann: we believe he left shortly after the assault ... don't have any indication went into any other rooms after the assault. still piecing together the video

Female Reporter : is he seen fleeing? is he seen after the assault?

Spann :again we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the same way came in, speculation on our part but he broke window reached in and opened the door. there are 2nd and 3rd windows broken but no evidence that anyone went through them [/B] *** so they have time stamp video of Suspect walking down a hallway after the assault, that's what he is saying correct, going back out the way came in? Kitchen/hallway?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

Dexter, please, if you are ever in this situation, and even if completely innocent, get a lawyer prior to talking to LE. Even LE will tell you (if you know or are friendly terms with one) that this is how the system BEST works, and it can prevent wrongful conviction (which serves no good purpose to anyone).

I speak from a friend's personal experience when I say that one's innocence in the matter will not necessarily protect your words from being used against you in court by an experienced, wily lawyer bent on a conviction at all costs.

just gotta check in here on that one. I know you are right but "wily lawyers bent on" .....either conviction or acquittal ...."at all costs" ...is so sad to read and to think about all that means and how it affects the entire "justice" system and impacts people's lives....:sigh:
BBM.................

Here is another idea: Maybe when she was in Austin, she had plans to hook up with someone who was coming to Austin just to see her. This person would probably would have not announced on their social media "hey, I'm headed to Austin to hook up with MB."

The outdoor cameras at the church didn't deploy. But LE got pics of both perp and MB coming, so presumably (or did they say this?) it was from the closest business, SWFA Outdoors, about 1/4 mile SE across the hwy. But the info they have shared about those pics is very limited, and a view shows why.

This is what the church looks like from the front door of Outdoors business.

attachment.php

This is in daytime, and you can see how many trees obscure the view. You can see an obstructed view of one side, but little of another, and absolutely none on the N side. When a vehicle passes going either way, for a bit of time you can make out nothing. Of course when the murder occurred, it was dark and raining too. And the security cams here would be trained on this site, not the church, so any view is peripheral rather than intended and focused. It's no wonder they have no details on the perp vehicle, and are hazy about exactly where it was parked and when it may have left.

Great sleuthing. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member