TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Attachments

• MB case perp face 1 glasses visible enlarged.jpg
    MB case perp face 1 glasses visible enlarged.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 53
  • MB case perp face enlarged version.jpg
    MB case perp face enlarged version.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 554
I'm not saying it's wrong, but it's still weird. It just is. His daughter in law was bludgeoned to death merely days before, and locally it was known that she died in a brutal manner that would have resulted in a bloody crime scene. It's tragic that the big dog attacked the little dog, but it's just bizarre that anyone would want to keep a bloody shirt that would remind them of the violent death of their beloved pet every time they looked at it.

Someone posted earlier that they saved the vest they were wearing as their dog was euthanized. That makes sense to me. It brings memories of the last tender moments with the pet as their pet left this world. But why would anyone want memories of their doggy suffering in pain and dying in their arms after being fatally attacked by another dog?

I believe the dog was attacked, and I believe that it was dog blood on the shirt, but I still find it unusual that they would choose to attempt cleaning a shirt that could easily be replaced for almost the same price.

Plus, the shirt's been confiscated now, so Mrs B is going to have to buy a new one anyway!

I don't think it is weird to have a shirt laundered to get the blood out vs buying a new shirt, could've been a favorite shirt or the had some other emotional attachment to it before the dog died but I do think it is weird that one would head to a dry cleaner 4 days after a family member was murdered and 2 days after their family dog was killed. Who says to themselves "I need to run by the dry cleaners today"? Life goes on sure but 4 days later...

That means it's a hit, for whom... we don't know. Unless the phone on the target list it was in contact with (through call, text, or messaging ap) was Missy's. Or it could be that the killer called some innocent person who knew Missy, and who had no idea the person would kill her. It sounds like the tip came from a citizen rather than from electronic intel.

I wonder if the referenced "specific tips" LE got after showing the video were based on the perp appearing to scroll down his phone when he is standing by the bulletin board ? LE would have the exact time he did that, based on the video time stamp, and so they could then check all phone #s on the SW, in an attempt to match any calls or texts sent or received at that time. jmo

I don't think it is weird to have a shirt laundered to get the blood out vs buying a new shirt, could've been a favorite shirt or the had some other emotional attachment to it before the dog died but I do think it is weird that one would head to a dry cleaner 4 days after a family member was murdered and 2 days after their family dog was killed. Who says to themselves "I need to run by the dry cleaners today"? Life goes on sure but 4 days later...

But they were staying with people
Maybe she wanted the shirt clean so she could wear it

Randy Bevers told CBS DFW that the blood came from their pet dog Kilo, who was killed in a fight with another dog at a relative's house, where and his wife have been staying since the murder. Randy Bevers said shirts belonging to both him and his wife were stained with the animal's blood when they brought the dying animal to the Animal Emergency Hospital of Mansfield.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/warrant-father-in-law-of-mom-in-church-murder-had-bloody-shirt/

I do not "love" ANY of my shirts to keep them if I held my beloved dying, bleeding pet in my arms wearing it.

It may just be me, but I'd rather pay $X for a new shirt than try to launder it myself before sending it off to the dry cleaner. I actually wouldn't want to keep the shirt period because it would remind me of the tragic loss of my pet.

That's what I find strange about it...

Why even attempt to keep the shirt?!

An XXL Woman's shirt at that. Why was he wearing an XXL woman's shirt anyway?

Excellent post. The parts I bolded stood out to me.

With rapidly changing technology, it makes perfect sense why your "average" police department wouldn't have up to date training on such matters.

I think you could be right on about having trouble finding a match. I hope burner phones are more traceable than we think they are (or at least what I think).

I was hoping if they find a burner phone they may not be able to tell who owned it but they might be able to pressure the person they called assuming the call was to a regualr cell or land line, just wishful thinking here lol

I have been thinking about the video and the suspects actions. I am leaning toward the suspect not knowing/noticing there were cameras.
Why dress as LE and not act like LE when you are on camera?

So, you think the suspect couldn’t read the big sign at the entrance of the parking lot, that the building was under video surveillance?

Of course he knew there were cameras. That's why he was wearing a disguise

Randy Bevers told CBS DFW that the blood came from their pet dog Kilo, who was killed in a fight with another dog at a relative's house, where and his wife have been staying since the murder. Randy Bevers said shirts belonging to both him and his wife were stained with the animal's blood when they brought the dying animal to the Animal Emergency Hospital of Mansfield.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/warrant-father-in-law-of-mom-in-church-murder-had-bloody-shirt/

ahhh ok I read that but it didn't register. That makes it a little less weird then. Thanks!

I wonder if the referenced "specific tips" LE got after showing the video were based on the perp appearing to scroll down his phone when he is standing by the bulletin board ? LE would have the exact time he did that, based on the video time stamp, and so they could then check all phone #s on the SW, in an attempt to match any calls or texts sent or received at that time. jmo

One advantage to the time being so early is that the network traffic would be minimum.

thats correct they are from the Austin area I thought plus it may be a shirt they liked alot. I have a few shirts that I might consider cleaning if it got stained not because it is expensive but just cause I like it, and if you are a guest maybe you dont feel like imposing and the cleaners makes even more sense. BTW, its cold water for blood removal, I didnt always know that lol

So, you think the suspect couldn’t read the big sign at the entrance of the parking lot, that the building was under video surveillance?

Of course he knew there were cameras. That's why he was wearing a disguise

plus she didn't want anyone to know she is a woman scorn -JMO

There is definitely something. I did not work with this image before, as I thought it was altered.

-Nin
Any chance you could enlarge or clarify the white rectangle on the front of the jacket ? TIA

SEMI OFF TOPIC HERE:

When we had to euthanize our dog as he was very ill, I kept the shirt and fleece vest that I was wearing.
I wore the shirt again, and that fleece vest, as I turn around in my chair, I see the vest displayed in my office in my home with the rest of my cherished things. I never washed the vest. It still has his dog hairs on it. I CHERISH that vest.

Euthanizing our dog was extremely painful. Previous to that we had to amputate to save his life, unfortunately he only lived 10 months longer.

IT IS A TRAGIC LOSS!!!

So I guess that makes me ODD.
I am fine with that.

I have MANY MANY mementos of our dogs.

I know this thread is about Missy, and I am not derailing this thread about myself.

Not everybody acts the same.

Everybody is different.

Everybody is UNIQUE.

In My Opinion Only.

Yes but that is much different than your bloody dog dying in your arms after a brutal dog fight. I would not want to keep a shirt under those circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member