TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts exactly. Seems odd...not that I suspect anyone from the store, just an odd thing to check the video if there was no reason to do so.

They could have gotten an alert on their phone that there was activity. My home cameras are set to send my husband an email if someone approaches the front door or our back fence. It is pretty sensitive and will catch a car turning into our driveway and send him that in an email too. We don't watch our footage unless we get a picture of suspicious activity on our phone and then go watch the video.

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
JMHO those were numbers of people who were ATT subscribers. POI. The MIL in the People article stated that MB texted her on Friday April 15.

MIL was on the SW. The fri april 15 text was not necessarily a text that LE was interested in. But other texts to or from MIL in the specified time period may have been interesting to LE. As I understand it, the Friday text to MIL from Missy was to thank MIL for accompanying BB to his medical appt. JMO

Diff MIL... the one that I am speaking of that MB sent text to on Friday is MT, BB mother. The MIL on the SW was BB step mother VB. JMHO their names appear on this April 25 SW because of the April 22 Dry Cleaner SW. And they have a AT&T number JMHO

They could have gotten an alert on their phone that there was activity. My home cameras are set to send my husband an email if someone approaches the front door or our back fence. It is pretty sensitive and will catch a car turning into our driveway and send him that in an email too. We don't watch our footage unless we get a picture of suspicious activity on our phone and then go watch the video.

I'm also now wondering if LE came to the store and asked to look at the video. The store owner complied, not knowing the reason for the request until after the video was viewed.

At first the comment seemed weird, but there is probably a reasonable explanation.

jmo

Yeah, that was a reply to my Twitter question -- I'm @sdmike1974 on Twitter.

What I don't understand is why then did NBC DFW have a video of the presser on their website -- but not Fox 4 or WFAA?

still working on screencaptures from the MPD surveillance - I got one of the right eye previously & then I got one of the left eye from another stance. Anyway, I put them side by side. It's not a very clear picture but at least you can actually see both the killer's eyes. I tried as best I could to make sure the nose was aligned correctly.

View attachment 94958

It looks like the Phantom of the Opera did it!
Only joshing, good job!

Now only if they were 5'2"-5'7" & drove an Altima...we'd be all set.

Personally, I think this police press conference was LE's last legal attempt to get SWATperp to turn himself/herself in. Legally, they have made their public plea. LE has this thing nearly sown up.

Moo

But if the cops know to whom the car belongs already, why not just go pick that person up and say, "Hey, we saw your car in the neighboring parking lot the morning of the murder. WE DON'T THINK YOU COMMITTED THIS CRIME, but think you could be a hero here and really help us solve it! What d'ya say!?"
Same thing, right? Why plaster the photo all over the internet instead?

Sorry if already discussed extensively, running behind as usu.

^bbm sbm^ One possibility comes to mind: If LE has registration info, goes directly to owner (maybe watches UC for a while, see who drives it), and starts questioning, the person may lawyer up. Boom, no info from this person, even if not actually hiring atty, just refusing to speak to LE.

OTOH, if a friend/neighbor sees LE's request for 'driver to give info about what s/he may have seen that a.m.', is it possible friend/neighbor to might contact LE directly and say 'John Doe across the street/down the block drives an Altima like that' then perhaps provide other info about JD, that LE would not get from talking directly w JD?
So when contacting JD, LE already has had chance to fine tune the approach to interviewing JD?

If friend/neighbor suspects/knows John Doe is involved, would they contact LE? If friend/neighbor is law abiding member of community, may contact LE. If friend/neighbor has crim record, warrants outstanding, etc, then doubtful imo.

If driver's spouse/sig other knows of LE request, may or may not contact LE. Anyone? IDK, just thinking aloud/online, may be entirely wrong.

For what it's worth-
My 17 year old grandson is here with two of his friends. The two friends hadn't heard a thing about this case. I first showed them the surveillance footage of the perp. Immediately, they both said "That's a woman in that swat outfit, not a man."
I then showed them the car sticker photos. Immediately, they said, "Oh, that's a Harley sticker. The kind with a skull on it." I said, "Here! Take my magnifying glass and look closer." They said they didn't need to use the magnifying glass, but went ahead and did. They both acted very certain that it was a Harley sticker with a skull.

Where is the car pic? Sorry I'm late to the party

Yeah, that was a reply to my Twitter question -- I'm @sdmike1974 on Twitter.

What I don't understand is why then did NBC DFW have a video of the presser on their website -- but not Fox 4 or WFAA?

I was wondering the same - I watched the press conference live online, so at least one outlet ignored the request not to livestream.

Of course now I can't remember where I watched it...

I think I am going crazy! I read a summary of the presser in the last thread that stated the LinkedIn message didn't pan out, but when I watched the actual presser, I don't recall any mention of that. Was it stated elsewhere or is my hearing just failing me at an early age?

My post from Thread #19, page 48, post #719:

sifted through that data, and they weren't able to determine who that message was from. ( That Linked In message.)

I heard them talk about it that is why I transcribed it. It is not word for word, but just about. I don't know why that is now edited out, if it is edited out.

IMOO.

I think I've gotten lost...why is it assumed the perp knew the outside cameras weren't working? (Not meant to be snarky :) asking as I must have missed why that is a generally held belief.) IMO they didn't have to know that. They were dressed in disguise and as far as we know did not drive up to the church so as not to have a car caught on camera (or are we assuming they maybe did drive up to church based on some of the info released today?) Sorry, getting confused.

I don't think it is assumed that the perp knew that. Some people are assuming s/he knew, but I'm not really sure why. There is no real evidence to back that up, except the coincidence of the cameras not working at the same time as the murder occurring.

Sorry if already discussed extensively, running behind as usu.

^bbm sbm^ One possibility comes to mind: If LE has registration info, goes directly to owner (maybe watches UC for a while, see who drives it), and starts questioning, the person may lawyer up. Boom, no info from this person, even if not actually hiring atty, just refusing to speak to LE.

OTOH, if a friend/neighbor sees LE's request for 'driver to give info about what s/he may have seen that a.m.', is it possible friend/neighbor to might contact LE directly and say 'John Doe across the street/down the block drives an Altima like that' then perhaps provide other info about JD, that LE would not get from talking directly w JD?
So when contacting JD, LE already has had chance to fine tune the approach to interviewing JD?

If friend/neighbor suspects/knows John Doe is involved, would they contact LE? If friend/neighbor is law abiding member of community, may contact LE. If friend/neighbor has crim record, warrants outstanding, etc, then doubtful imo.

If driver's spouse/sig other knows of LE request, may or may not contact LE. Anyone? IDK, just thinking aloud/online, may be entirely wrong.

Well, you may be completely wrong, but I think it's still an excellent theory/post!

I believe LE when they say they've exhausted all leads but the Nissan. We all heard early on about a car captured on video, but LE felt it wasn't visible enough to give out to the public. Well...now they have.

Why would they ask media not to livestream?

Does the store routinely inspect surveillance video every day to notice whether or not a random car in their lot in the middle of the night would be out of the ordinary?

FWIW, I don't think it's unusual at all for a owner or manager to review footage, especially because of the type of store they are running. When I had my own store we reviewed the surveillance footage every morning to see if anyone was scoping out the store or trying to break in. The very first day we opened two young men had come in, saw the cameras and commented on them which immediately spooked us. JMO

FWIW, I don't think it's unusual at all for a owner or manager to review footage, especially because of the type of store they are running. When I had my own store we reviewed the surveillance footage every morning to see if anyone was scoping out the store or trying to break in. The very first day we opened two young men had come in, saw the cameras and commented on them which immediately spooked us. JMO

Good info!

I think I am going crazy! I read a summary of the presser in the last thread that stated the LinkedIn message didn't pan out, but when I watched the actual presser, I don't recall any mention of that. Was it stated elsewhere or is my hearing just failing me at an early age?

I was posting here as I listened to the live presser on the NBC station. It was near the end of the presser because my next post, one minute later, says the presser was over. It must have been a reply to a reporter's question. So is it gone? That's weird. Here's my post where I typed it:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-19&p=12573895#post12573895

"Can't prove creepy message"

If I were the perp and I read the article you posted, I'd be shaking in my boots! The article states, "All but one of those leads have been exhausted." IMO they are sending the message to the killer that there's one clue left (the car), and we are looking for YOU! We know who you are, so come forth.

Also, it is jmo that LE released the information about the car because it's just enough for locals to connect the dots between the perps gait and the car, and tip off law enforcement with the information they need to nail the killer. If LE went straight to the killer before getting solid tips, they may not be equipped with the right questions they need to nail the perp.

Maybe that's just what I hope, not just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsysoul11