TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to make of the LinkedIn message disappearing. So a friend told LE that Missy showed her a "creepy" message on LinkedIn, right? My understanding on LinkedIn is you can't even send someone a private message if you aren't connected to them in some way, or you know their email address.

You have to have at least a tertiary connection (second connection, i.e., you are connected to someone who is connected to someone who is connected to Missy).

Assuming the message that was received was, in fact, a private message (vs. a comment on a news article or blog post or something), why wouldn't LE be able to see it or find it? Even if Missy deleted it, wouldn't there be some digital record of the message existing?

Anyway, my point is (since I want people to say what they mean) that maybe that message didn't exist at all. Maybe it was made up to divert attention from someone else.

I don't know that I can answer the "why."
Sierra's case is currently a capital murder case here in the Bay Area. At the time of the article I linked upthread as an example, LE stated they didn't have a POI. IMO, they were in he midst of investigating and building their case.

The car actually held DNA evidence that eventually led to the defendant (who is now being prosecuted for her murder). I can't confirm the precise timeline, but I can assume Crime Scene Technicians were processing the car ASAP. This evidence is what allowed LE to ID him. That doesn't happen overnight.

So, when LE revealed they had the car - I believe they didn't have these results. It behooves them to ask the public for info on it. It would only help LE to have the public call in with tips (including video surveillance, if possible) on the movement of the car (it was red with a distinctive black hood) as they built a timeline.

Sierra's body has not been found. The search continues.

Here's the link to her 21st thread (not including media, and scanner), for those who may not be familiar. She vanished on her way to her bus stop early on the morning of March 16, 2012.

I remember it like it was yesterday. :'(

CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #21
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287391

My apologies to the respectful tangent into O/T territory...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM. Very interesting. Thank you.

MIL was on the SW. The fri april 15 text was not necessarily a text that LE was interested in. But other texts to or from MIL in the specified time period may have been interesting to LE. As I understand it, the Friday text to MIL from Missy was to thank MIL for accompanying BB to his medical appt. JMO

There are 2 MILS.

MT is BB's bio mum who took him to the appt and who wrote the letters to the killer. She wasn't on the warrant.
VB is stepmum (RB's wife) who was on the warrant.

Yikes guys. I'm popping in to try not to get an entire thread behind. Thanks for the birthday wishes & PibblePal for the fantastic updates today! I'm not even sure what to make of what bits I've been able to get so far. I'll try to really jump back in late tonight but it may be 2 days before I'm back. :thud: You will probably be on thread 23 by then. Please play nice so the mods don't have to shut it down!

I think the car is probably important, SM isnt waisting too much LE time, they really do have some "suspects", what about those 10 SUVs :thinking: was this PC a diversion(?), they have an accurate description way tighter than a 5 inch height gap and are NOT as "lost" as they sounded today. All IMO

I'm off to celebrate, catch you later friends.

Happy Birthday my friend once again. You have been blessed.

Plus it's a Friday. So please enjoy.

There are 2 MILS.

MT is BB's bio mum who took him to the appt and who wrote the letters to the killer. She wasn't on the warrant.
VB is stepmum (RB's wife) who was on the warrant.

Thank you for clarifying.

After this mornings "presser" saying we have nothing, I halfway expect an arrest by tonight. :)

When we are waiting for an arrest it usually waits until you have company come in for a holiday, right? Well, we do have a holiday coming up and I'm expecting company. :gaah:

Agree. You do not wait a month later to show a potential car in question. Jmo.

Now we all have to go to Craigslist to see if someone tried to sell a Nissan ultima in the last weeks. Lol

So I now feel sorry for those that tried to sell or trade in a Nissan ultima.

Lol. Jmo

Regarding the CL [emoji23] and to anyone even driving a silver Nissan in the area, I feel for you. [emoji15]

The store owner says when they first spotted the car on their security camera, they thought someone was scoping out their store. Then they heard about the murder.

Could this be the break Midlothian Police have been waiting for?

"It could just be a coincidence, if they pulled in or if they did have something to do with it," said Dillon Hazelwood, sales manger of SWFA Outdoors. "We’re just excited that there’s new information out now."

http://cw33.com/2016/05/20/new-leads-in-missy-bevers-murder-investigation/

I wonder if the owner or driver of the Nissan already knew that his/her car might have been noticed by someone, or seen on a camera, on the morning of the murder. If so, why didn't he, or she, call the police, before now, to offer what info he/she might have seen that early morning.

Perhaps asking in a press conference, that the owner/driver of the Nissan call the police, and stating that he/she is not a suspect, will encourage other people to call with info on the car, or the driver.

I don't know what to make of the LinkedIn message disappearing. So a friend told LE that Missy showed her a "creepy" message on LinkedIn, right? My understanding on LinkedIn is you can't even send someone a private message if you aren't connected to them in some way, or you know their email address.

You have to have at least a tertiary connection (second connection, i.e., you are connected to someone who is connected to someone who is connected to Missy).

Assuming the message that was received was, in fact, a private message (vs. a comment on a news article or blog post or something), why wouldn't LE be able to see it or find it? Even if Missy deleted it, wouldn't there be some digital record of the message existing?

Anyway, my point is (since I want people to say what they mean) that maybe that message didn't exist at all. Maybe it was made up to divert attention from someone else.

OR it was actually a message from CW, who Missy's friend did not recognize and Missy did, but did not divulge to her friend that she actually KNEW who it was from. JMO

I think I've gotten lost...why is it assumed the perp knew the outside cameras weren't working? (Not meant to be snarky :) asking as I must have missed why that is a generally held belief.) IMO they didn't have to know that. They were dressed in disguise and as far as we know did not drive up to the church so as not to have a car caught on camera (or are we assuming they maybe did drive up to church based on some of the info released today?) Sorry, getting confused.

The store owner says when they first spotted the car on their security camera, they thought someone was scoping out their store. Then they heard about the murder.

"It could just be a coincidence, if they pulled in or if they did have something to do with it," said Dillon Hazelwood, sales manger of SWFA Outdoors. "We’re just excited that there’s new information out now."

Does the store routinely inspect surveillance video every day to notice whether or not a random car in their lot in the middle of the night would be out of the ordinary?

I think I am going crazy! I read a summary of the presser in the last thread that stated the LinkedIn message didn't pan out, but when I watched the actual presser, I don't recall any mention of that. Was it stated elsewhere or is my hearing just failing me at an early age?

For what it's worth-
My 17 year old grandson is here with two of his friends. The two friends hadn't heard a thing about this case. I first showed them the surveillance footage of the perp. Immediately, they both said "That's a woman in that swat outfit, not a man."
I then showed them the car sticker photos. Immediately, they said, "Oh, that's a Harley sticker. The kind with a skull on it." I said, "Here! Take my magnifying glass and look closer." They said they didn't need to use the magnifying glass, but went ahead and did. They both acted very certain that it was a Harley sticker with a skull.

The comment was made related to why LE didn't want the presser live streamed, though.

Does anyone have a theory they are willing to share about why that might be?
My guess? (sure, why not!) Because the "suspect they are watching" could also be watching it in live time. And while under pressure to give up "something," they still wanted to have control or see the suspects reaction would be? If you had a suspect in mind, wouldn't it be incredible to see them run out to their garage and drive off in a Nissan Ultima with an oval sticker on the back bumper??? (Nah, it couldn't be that simple, could it?)

From the AT&T Target Numbers SW, I understand the stating of credentials. I do not understand this paragraph, the last one prior to "YOUR AFFIANT'S PROBABLE CAUSE I "

What the heck??:thinking:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12537760#post12537760
EXHIBIT "A"
AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF EVIDENTIARY SEARCH
WARRANT
{Article 18.02(10), Texas Code of Criminal Procedure}
YOUR AFFIANT'S BACKGROUND, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Your Affiant, Cody McKinney, having been duly sworn, declare as follows:

bottom page 7/9
Your Affiant has used a variety of investigative techniques during his investigations
including, but not limited to, electronic surveillance, visual surveillance, the use of

continued on top of 8/9

confidential sources and the use of undercover agents.Information contained in this
Affidavit is derived from Your Affiant's knowledge of, and prior experiences in financial
and narcotics investigations;
information obtained during interviews with drug traffickers
familiar with this drug trafficking organization
, and review of reports prepared by special
agents with DEA as well as other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies. As
a result of Your Affiant's participation in this investigation, my conversations with, and
review of reports prepared by HIDTA Task Force Officers as well as other federal, state
and local law enforcement agencies, I am familiar with all aspects of this investigation as
articulated in this Affidavit. Information contained in this Affidavit includes the results of
review of property records and other information obtained from public sources; physical
surveillance; information from cooperating witnesses and law enforcement personnel.

That is interesting! Finally something new to discuss. That makes it sound like cars pulling off the highway into the SWFA parking lot is not a common occurrence, if the store owner thought it was someone "scoping out their store." It also sounds like the store owner reviewed the footage before the police did?

I'm extrapolating a bit, but if he thought someone was scoping out the store BEFORE he heard of the murder, that makes sense to me.

Does the store routinely inspect surveillance video every day to notice whether or not a random car in their lot in the middle of the night would be out of the ordinary?

My thoughts exactly. Seems odd...not that I suspect anyone from the store, just an odd thing to check the video if there was no reason to do so.

For what it's worth-
My 17 year old grandson is here with two of his friends. The two friends hadn't heard a thing about this case. I first showed them the surveillance footage of the perp. Immediately, they both said "That's a woman in that swat outfit, not a man."
I then showed them the car sticker photos. Immediately, they said, "Oh, that's a Harley sticker. The kind with a skull on it." I said, "Here! Take my magnifying glass and look closer." They said they didn't need to use the magnifying glass, but went ahead and did. They both acted very certain that it was a Harley sticker with a skull.

Wow, that is really interesting. Thank you for sharing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member