TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg, me too.

I don't think LE is in the business of wasting their time by all of the useless tips they'll get from this if it's all insignificant. Maybe I'm just dumb, but I can't see them fabricating this story.

They are NOT fabricating, but they said they would like to know if anyone knows whose car it is. That's all. They are not connecting it to the perp, but would like to know if the driver happened to notice anything iffy at the church in the two minutes that they were across the highway and some good distance from the church. At 2am. The presser officer basically asked social media to lay off the case, because it is not helpful, and threw a bone by bringing up the car....which he knew would keep social media busy for a while. JMO The only other thing new was the height of the perp. Valuable presser, uh huh. JMO

Not speaking for AmandaSkis but yup. They fall for it all the time. That's why LE purposely stresses over and over again that this car/person is not a suspect or involved with the murder.

Their goal is to get the person to come in and talk. Perps often feel like they are smarter than LE and can get away with whatever crime they committed. It happens all the time.

Have you watched any LE interrogations and said to yourself, WHY isn't this idiot asking for a lawyer? Because they're convinced they can lie and lie and LE will believe them. Think Jodi Arias. (and many others)

Disclaimer: I am NOT saying this vehicle/person is involved in Missy's murder, but there is a big possibility that they are.

That makes sense.

But if the cops know to whom the car belongs already, why not just go pick that person up and say, "Hey, we saw your car in the neighboring parking lot the morning of the murder. WE DON'T THINK YOU COMMITTED THIS CRIME, but think you could be a hero here and really help us solve it! What d'ya say!?"

Same thing, right? Why plaster the photo all over the internet instead?

Yikes guys. I'm popping in to try not to get an entire thread behind. Thanks for the birthday wishes & PibblePal for the fantastic updates today! I'm not even sure what to make of what bits I've been able to get so far. I'll try to really jump back in late tonight but it may be 2 days before I'm back. :thud: You will probably be on thread 23 by then. Please play nice so the mods don't have to shut it down!

I think the car is probably important, SM isnt waisting too much LE time, they really do have some "suspects", what about those 10 SUVs :thinking: was this PC a diversion(?), they have an accurate description way tighter than a 5 inch height gap and are NOT as "lost" as they sounded today. All IMO

I'm off to celebrate, catch you later friends.

RBBM:

This reminds me of the red Jetta in the Sierra LaMar case. LE asked the public to BOLO for it. It was later it was revealed that they had it on their possession:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Red-Car-Found-in-Sierra-LaMar-Case-150651015.html

Hindsight is 20/20, and #WeThePeople certainly aren't privy to the reasons why these decisions are made. At this juncture, it is clear as mud. I just have to believe there is good reason for this...

:cow:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you clue me in here? I'm trying to understand everyone's reasoning on this PC today. What happened with the car in the Sierra LaMar case? Why did the police ask for tips if they already knew who it belonged to?

As a local and talking to other residents, Midlothian police, and police from other surrounding towns - I just don't believe that the car had anything to do with the case and also that they police are not playing these big strategic games. At this point, they have followed their initial leads and nothing panned out. They say they don't know because they really do not know. This is a very inexperienced police force especially when it comes to a murder case. It still blows my mind how quickly they released the crime scene. There was no rush. The church could've had Wed night service at plenty of other locations. I pray that I am 100% wrong and MPD gets massive praise with what all they did when this is over and the perp is caught. JMO

Also, did anyone in town make it to the benefit today? I was wondering what that scene was like

Happy birthday, lstiff!

I'm away this weekend too and was relying on looking up YOUR cliff notes. Damn!

Thank you BAYOUBELLE
Interesting statement: The department is still encouraging people to watch the videos of the suspect and see if the suspects unique walk combined with the height brings anything to mind, he said.
“Hopefully, someone may see that gate and it will trigger something in their memory,” he said. “The public is doing exactly what we want them to do.”:confused::confused:
AND even more interesting....THE FIRST PERSON who commented on the article at the end in public comments. Thank you!

Yes I was wondering about the benefit today as well! Anyone go to it?

I agree with everything that you said except that they were all the last people in contact with her....surely there were many other contacts. The ones selected for the SW were directly related to either the financial issues between MB and BB or the extra-marital issues. And all of them had been in some sort of contact with MB. JMO and there was a specific request for a beginning date and ending date.

JMHO those were numbers of people who were ATT subscribers. POI. The MIL in the People article stated that MB texted her on Friday April 15.

Yikes guys. I'm popping in to try not to get an entire thread behind. Thanks for the birthday wishes & PibblePal for the fantastic updates today! I'm not even sure what to make of what bits I've been able to get so far. I'll try to really jump back in late tonight but it may be 2 days before I'm back. :thud: You will probably be on thread 23 by then. Please play nice so the mods don't have to shut it down!

I think the car is probably important, SM isnt waisting too much LE time, they really do have some "suspects", what about those 10 SUVs :thinking: was this PC a diversion(?), they have an accurate description way tighter than a 5 inch height gap and are NOT as "lost" as they sounded today. All IMO

You're welcome!
Happy birthday! Happy birthday weekend!
I'll try to continue to keep you updated!
I agree with your post!
[emoji5]

That makes sense.

But if the cops know to whom the car belongs already, why not just go pick that person up and say, "Hey, we saw your car in the neighboring parking lot the morning of the murder. WE DON'T THINK YOU COMMITTED THIS CRIME, but think you could be a hero here and really help us solve it! What d'ya say!?"

Same thing, right? Why plaster the photo all over the internet instead?
Actually, I don't agree with that part of her post yet. I'm not certain LE has the license plate because they would probably do exactly what you said.

On the other hand, we have no idea what LE has or doesn't have wrt to this vehicle, and they could very well be trying to make them feel like they came forward on their own, as opposed to bringing them in for questioning. (Less of a 'threat' in the mind of the 'perp'--IF the car is related)

Again, this is all speculation on my part regarding this vehicle and it's driver. I'm just pointing out some alternative scenarios.

Happy Birthday Istiff! May the year ahead be your best ever! Have fun!

Happy birthday, lstiff!! And on that note going for a "stiff" adult beverage myself. SMH on this case. It's worth it for MB, may she rest in peace.

JMHO those were numbers of people who were ATT subscribers. POI. The MIL in the People article stated that MB texted her on Friday April 15.

MIL was on the SW. The fri april 15 text was not necessarily a text that LE was interested in. But other texts to or from MIL in the specified time period may have been interesting to LE. As I understand it, the Friday text to MIL from Missy was to thank MIL for accompanying BB to his medical appt. JMO

Can you clue me in here? I'm trying to understand everyone's reasoning on this PC today. What happened with the car in the Sierra LaMar case? Why did the police ask for tips if they already knew who it belonged to?

I don't know that I can answer the "why."
Sierra's case is currently a capital murder case here in the Bay Area. At the time of the article I linked upthread as an example, LE stated they didn't have a POI. IMO, they were in he midst of investigating and building their case.

The car actually held DNA evidence that eventually led to the defendant (who is now being prosecuted for her murder). I can't confirm the precise timeline, but I can assume Crime Scene Technicians were processing the car ASAP. This evidence is what allowed LE to ID him. That doesn't happen overnight.

So, when LE revealed they had the car - I believe they didn't have these results. It behooves them to ask the public for info on it. It would only help LE to have the public call in with tips (including video surveillance, if possible) on the movement of the car (it was red with a distinctive black hood) as they built a timeline.

Sierra's body has not been found. The search continues.

Here's the link to her 21st thread (not including media, and scanner), for those who may not be familiar. She vanished on her way to her bus stop early on the morning of March 16, 2012.

I remember it like it was yesterday. :'(

CA - Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #21
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287391

My apologies to the respectful tangent into O/T territory...

They are NOT fabricating, but they said they would like to know if anyone knows whose car it is. That's all. They are not connecting it to the perp, but would like to know if the driver happened to notice anything iffy at the church in the two minutes that they were across the highway and some good distance from the church. At 2am. The presser officer basically asked social media to lay off the case, because it is not helpful, and threw a bone by bringing up the car....which he knew would keep social media busy for a while. JMO The only other thing new was the height of the perp. Valuable presser, uh huh. JMO

Agree. You do not wait a month later to show a potential car in question. Jmo.

Now we all have to go to Craigslist to see if someone tried to sell a Nissan ultima in the last weeks. Lol

So I now feel sorry for those that tried to sell or trade in a Nissan ultima.

Lol. Jmo

I don't think it was saran wrap. I think it's a box of freezer baggies. :)

About the oval sticker, I wonder if it could be one of those oval 26.1 stickers that marathoners have? I've also seen the 13.1 version and the hilarious 0.0 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member